When summer is literally on the doorstep, getting ready to enter your life on bright sunny days and a good mood, not superfluous will take care of protecting your eyes from ultraviolet in advance radiation. Such advice can be heard today not only from sellers of fashion accessories, but also from professional ophthalmologists who think about the health of your eyes and not about bargain.
- Why wear sunglasses
- What is really dangerous
- Learning Sunglasses
- How to choose the shape of sunglasses
- How to choose sunglasses by type of protection
- Polarizing and photochromic coating of lenses
- Top Sunglasses Manufacturers
Why wear sunglasses
It’s not without reason that the name “defense” is present in the name of these glasses – this is true: correct lenses absorb harmful ultraviolet radiation that can cause problems with visual apparatus. Doctors say that those who underestimate all the danger of UV radiation, more than others risk partially losing vision, earn eye degeneration or cataracts – such is the price rash act. Now let’s turn to the opinions professional experts, ophthalmologists studying the eyes of people in their normal and pathological conditions.
- Ultraviolet radiation is dangerous for human skin and eyes. in small quantities – all modern results have shown such results studies aimed at studying this issue;
- Five hours of active exposure to UV rays on the eyes is quite enough to get a retinal burn, pulling much more serious consequences, including loss of vision;
- Cloudy day is also not a reason to abandon sunscreens points, clouds pass through not only light but also rays medium wave, dangerous to humans.
If after a picnic or a trip to the countryside you have worsened well-being, eyes watering, headaches started and it’s hard for you focus on a specific subject – go immediately to consultation with a doctor, this is the only way save your eyesight.
What is really dangerous
In this matter, not only the UV radiation itself is scary, from which absolutely no escape, but poor-quality sunscreens glasses, they only create the appearance of protection – for example, you You think you’re safe, but you’re actually exposing yourself at even greater risk. The explanation is very simple: when looking at a bright light source your pupils will automatically narrow, but if eyes at this moment are under an imaginary cover of a simple dark plastic or glass – you not only get the full dose ultraviolet radiation, but also lose their natural protective mechanism.
The right sunglasses are the only one a way to really protect your eyesight. In addition to the eyes, they also protect the delicate skin around them, which is very fast sunburns in the bright sun, which can deliver you a lot troubles: from simple burning and redness to serious pain.
So, we are completely determined – glasses for protection against UV radiation really necessary, now it remains to answer the questions, concerning their choice and purchase. We will start with the structure of the glasses: conditionally they consist of a frame (the frame itself and the temple) and lenses. Frame evaluated by several characteristics.
- Material. Can be made of various types plastic, steel and composite materials – this mainly affects weight of glasses and their strength. Recently quite popular metal frames, but experts do not recommend stopping on this option: the metal is very hot in the sun, and this already fraught with burns;
- Thickness. Everything is very simple: the more massive the frame, the it blocks more side (peripheral) light. Not everyone I like thick side arms, but this is a great option, for example, for going to the beach;
- Design. The frames and temples can be ordinary and stylized, that is, have a specific pattern. Second option for more concerned with women’s glasses, male models are rarely differ in such abundance.
So, we completely figured out the frame, it remains to decide only with lens types. It’s still simpler, but not so simple, There can be only two options – glass and plastic.
- Glass lenses. Glass itself absorbs some UV radiation, so it needs less the number of surface layers to ensure the proper level security. Another advantage is its scratch resistance, glass glasses can be freely carried in your purse without fear for them state. Among the shortcomings: they can not be bought by a child, as this it’s just not safe, and they’re pretty heavy.
- Plastic lenses. Ordinary plastic is completely not filters out harmful UV radiation, which is why such lenses need additional protective layers – they are the ones determine the value of points. Plastic, on the other hand, is safe when damage it does not crumble into a small sharp crumbly, but simply are deformed – only this type of lens is allowed for purchase by a child. The plastic is also light enough not to put pressure on nose bridge even after prolonged wearing. Of the shortcomings – scratch resistance, for such lenses the case is vital necessary.
On this study of the components of sunglasses can considered complete, we proceed to consider the following nuances.
How to choose the shape of sunglasses
Properly selected sunglasses can rejuvenate you, give a decisive look or vice versa – cast a shadow on you mystery. The wrong choice is likely to simply be look ridiculous, in addition, it is less effective, because glasses should it’s comfortable to sit on the bridge of the nose, only then are they at the right angle “meet” the sun’s rays, thereby providing protection to your to the eyes.
Next, we will consider each type of person individually, giving him a brief description, then to give specific selection tips for each case. There are 6 forms in total faces.
- Round. Characterized by fairly full cheeks, round chin and wide forehead, with chin and forehead about the same width. The sunglasses task here is create a contrast that will “dilute” too smooth forms. Experts advise to look at medium and large sizes glasses with a square (so that there are clear angles) frames.
- Oval. Cheekbones protrude slightly, tapering gently to a chin that is slightly inferior to the width of the forehead. This face shape considered almost perfect: glasses should simply emphasize and already nice features – any option except large glasses with a wide frame.
- Square. Everything is clear from the name: proportions “forehead-cheekbones-chin” are about the same. Select glasses as follows: no angular shapes (especially with right angles), only round and oval frames, more preferably more massive.
- Rectangular Wide forehead, same chin, having with outstanding “angularity”, cheekbones straight, not “sharp”; face longer in length than in width. Big glasses will be ideal sizes with a fairly thick frame.
- Lozenge. The same sharp chin as in the case with a triangular face, however outstanding cheekbones and low wide forehead. In this case, the same as in previous, rounded frames are recommended, but not in by no means too thin. Glasses with highlighted fit great eyebrows.
- Triangular (heart-shaped). Wide forehead, clear cheekbones and narrow chin as if slanting. Should be selected thin rounded sunglasses so you “balance” the lower and upper parts of the face with each other.
Having studied the information presented, you can easily pick up and women’s and men’s glasses, because these rules are universal, it is enough to carefully determine your face shape.
How to choose sunglasses by type of protection
All over the world there is only one certified sunglasses filter quality rating system – it shares into 4 classes, inclusive with zero.
- 0 – in the case of such markings, you can count on safety only on an easy walk on a cloudy day, because such glasses absorb only 20% of UV radiation.
- 1 – absorb up to 50% of the radiation, it’s better, but not enough security.
- 2 – over 50%, ophthalmologists around the world recommend buying such sunglasses for daily trips around the city.
- 3 – most tourist points have this marking, lenses absorb over 80% of the radiation.
- 4 – maximum degree of protection, lenses absorb over 90% UV radiation.
Some manufacturers also use a simplified system. classification, it looks as follows.
- Cosmetic – most often design models, that is, just for beauty, protection from such glasses should not be expected at all.
- General – correspond to group “2” in the international Classifications: Lenses absorb over half of the harmful radiation.
- High UV-protection – groups “3” and “4”, great for sports and travel.
Knowing the marking, you can accurately determine the type of protection any model of sunglasses is a huge advantage when choosing points, for example, in an online store.
Polarizing and photochromic coating of lenses
Modern manufacturers using new coating technologies lenses can achieve incredible results – about it they say all kinds of development of space glasses, glasses for absorption of laser radiation and so on. In case of sunglasses, the two most popular layers are polarizing and photochromic, we will tell about each of them in order.
- Polarization coating. Another name is anti-glare coating “: lenses simply acquire the property of” cut off ” peaks of amplitudes of light waves. Points will be useful for drivers, lovers of fishing, surfing and other sports, often also used by photographers to work with flash. Check the authenticity of the polarization layer can be very simple: look at special hologram (must be at the point of sale), which, when other conditions under bright lighting is simply impossible to consider.
- Photochromic coating. Those famous “chameleons”: the brighter the sun, the darker the lens, at night and indoors they are completely transparent. It sounds great, but there is one “but” – photochromic the filter wears out quickly enough, which means durability Sunglasses are compromised. Checked photochromic lenses like this: they are kept for some time in the sun, then evaluated the degree of darkness of the glass – it should darken proportionally UV radiation intensities.
These are the most popular “additions” to sunglasses; they are optional, but their presence is sometimes just necessary – for example, when driving a car at night or while practicing some kinds of extreme sports.
Top Sunglasses Manufacturers
When you purchase points, first of all, evaluate them by quality, but in the modern world, quality is not always growing in proportion to the price of the goods. For example, it’s no secret to anyone that designer models are expensive because you are above all pay for the brand. So do not rush to buy expensive sunglasses – you may find a satisfactory model at a lower cost.
Let’s look at 5 world famous manufacturers, creating glasses for both men and women at a wide price range.
- Giorgio Armani. Huge Italian company the number of various accessories, including, of course there are also sunglasses – it specializes mainly in collections in classic style.
- Christian Dior. Insanely popular French brand – let Dior sunglasses and do not differ in affordable price, originality, they will surpass any other company. Therefore, if you want to find something unconditionally unusual, your choice is Dior.
- Dolce & Gabbana. Great example of a brand producing truly stylish luxury accessories – at D&G you will find and sophisticated minimalism, and bright modern, and restrained classics.
- Hugo Boss. German company known for its restrained and status accessories for business and celebrations, the greatest Popular models of sunglasses for men.
- Givenchy Another French house specializing in high-end accessories for men and women. Givenchy Releases sunglasses in many styles, among which are found collections for daily comfort, sports, relaxation on nature and so on.
Naturally, you don’t always want to spend a large amount of money on sunglasses, but you should always remember – health more importantly, this is the main, unconditional truth. Pick up good points today you can have hundreds, even thousands of different brands – among the presented assortment is sure to find something on your taste and wallet.
Look after the health of your eyes, especially in the summer and not forget: if you have vision problems, then before the final purchase of sunglasses you must consult your ophthalmologist.
In the following articles, our experts tell you how to choose a frame for glasses and the secrets of choosing lenses for glasses.
Attention! This material is subjective opinion of the authors of the project and is not a buying guide.