The fan is an indispensable assistant in the summer heat, both in the office and at home. In order for the device to bring only jets of fresh air, and not disagreements with colleagues and relatives, choose the right model wisely.
Design features of models
Three types of fans:
- floor. Able to ventilate a room up to 20 sq.m. An indisputable advantage is the ability to rotate 90 degrees. They have an adjustable foot that lowers or raises the fan to the desired level;
- desktop. It has low power and purposefulness of action. It is convenient when others are afraid of drafts and strong air currents. Such a fan will not interfere with others and will save you from the heat;
- ceiling. Model with maximum power, therefore suitable for large office spaces, warehouses or spacious living rooms.
Fan selection criteria
To find the right model, look at such criteria as power, noise level, presence of a regulator.
The larger the area of the room, the more powerful you choose the model. This rule does not apply to desktop fans. The ratio of power and area is easy to determine – multiply the area of the ventilated room by 2. The resulting figure is the power value with which the device must operate in order to cope with the stuffiness. At 20 sq. m. room area, device power – 40 W.
The average fan runs with noise within 30 dB. The lower this value, the more comfortable others will be.
It is better that the speed controller is present. Adjusting the air flow is a convenient option, but the availability leads to an increase in cost. But overpaying slightly, you will appreciate the advantage of this feature.
Before buying a fan, ask the store to turn it on at full power. There are models that tend to fall when working. Choose sustainable models.
A safe fan is one in which the blades are protected by a grate on both sides.
The above criteria will help you choose a device that will cope with the task of cooling indoor air on hot days. But a good fan is a model that will be comfortable to use. For convenience, you can slightly overpay for additional options.
Rules for choosing the best fan:
- availability of remote control. It is much more convenient to turn on or off the device without getting up than to constantly run across the room to it;
- the presence of backlight. The backlit display will help you adjust the speed of work, turn it on (off) at night without turning on the light;
- the presence of a timer. The 'smart device' fan will cool the room upon arrival at home, turn off itself after a specified time, or will work in the mode that is suitable for this time of day;
- presence of sensory presence. The fan will only work when there is someone in the room. As soon as there is no one in the room, the device will turn off, and will start working when you again cross the threshold of the office or room;
- the presence of a display. LCD display allows you to comfortably operate the device;
- the presence of air ionization. This function allows you to keep the air cool, clean and safe by charging it with beneficial particles. In some models, it is possible to add aromatic oils to fill the room with aromas.
A properly selected fan will make your stay comfortable even in a stuffy room.
Attention! This material is the subjective opinion of the authors of the project and is not a purchase guide.