Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The chain saw has become an indispensable assistant in the courtyard or in the forest. Over time, the sharpness of the chain teeth disappears, which negatively affects the speed and quality of the cut. Correcting the situation is quite simple if there is a sharpening machine at home. With its help, it will be possible to save both money and time. Various household appliances are presented on the domestic market, differing both in price and in technical parameters. The recommendations of our experts will help the consumer make the right choice.
How to choose a chain sharpening machine
- Types of sharpening machines. All equipment for sharpening chains of electric and chainsaws can be divided into two categories. In workshops and production halls, automatic devices are used that quickly and accurately carry out the work. But they cost a lot of money, take up a lot of space and require special knowledge to set up. The situation is simpler with manual devices. They are lightweight and compact, affordable and easy to use. The disadvantages include a longer sharpening time.
- Spindle speed. The time and quality of sharpening largely depends on the speed of rotation of the disc. Household appliances show a frequency range of 3000 to 7500 rpm. The more powerful the motor, the lower the rotation speed can be without compromising the quality of sharpening.
- Power. Household machines are considered low-power units, the power of which does not exceed 220 W. If the chain is sharpened once a year or less, then you can stop on devices with motors of 150-160 W. With more frequent use of the machine, it is better to choose models with a power of 200-220 W.
- Grinding wheel. Small home machines are equipped with compact abrasive discs up to 3.5 mm thick. However, they can differ in outer and landing diameters. In manual models, grinding wheels with a diameter of 100-145 mm are most effective. The disc must be replaced taking into account the fitting size (10 or 22 mm).
- Functionality. Household devices are not rich in functionality. Most often, work requires a convenient and quick adjustment of the cutting part of the machine. For this, the devices are equipped with mechanical adjustments. The main ones are the angle of rotation of the blade and the depth of sharpening. A useful option would be the ability to adjust the tension of the belt drive.
- Safety. The sharpening machine is a potentially dangerous device for humans. During sharpening, sparks are formed, fine abrasive scatters over a long distance. To protect the operator, manufacturers install protective covers and screens on the working part. It will be optimal to have a transparent insert to monitor the operation.
We have selected 4 of the best household chain sharpeners. They have been approved by the expert community and have received many positive reviews from Russian consumers.
Rating of the best chain sharpeners
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best chain sharpeners||1||CHAMPION C2001||RUB 6 650|
|2||Rezer EG235-CN||RUB 5 490|
|3||Souz TSS-60013||2 350 rub.|
|4||Vihr SZC-200||RUB 2,130|
The CHAMPION C2001 machine is a mobile device for sharpening chains of electric and chainsaws. The Chinese device weighing 5.8 kg is easy to transport and can be installed in minutes on a reliable table or locksmith's workbench. The machine is fixed with a convenient fastening system. Thanks to the variable angle abrasive disc, it is possible to machine not only the main teeth, but also the abrasive cutters. There is a special scale for fine adjustment of the working part. The abrasive disc is also adjustable in sharpening depth. To work comfortably in poorly lit rooms, the manufacturer has equipped the device with an illuminated working area.
Users like not only the technical parameters, the low weight and the mobility of the machine. They also mark the operator's safety when sharpening the chains.
- mobility and lightness;
- illumination of the working area;
- setting the angle and depth of sharpening;
- protective cover.
- high price.
The Russian-Chinese machine Rezer EG235-CN is very quiet. Experts and users note the absence of vibration during operation. But the tool got into our rating not only for comfort and convenience, but also for high-quality manufacturing. The device is somewhat inferior to the winner in weight (7.6 kg), but it can be mounted on a workbench just as quickly and easily. Not required for product and complex maintenance. The working area can be illuminated if necessary, the guides of the clamping mechanism are made of reliable steel.
Domestic users have insignificant comments about the design of the machine. So the plastic frame does not inspire confidence, the protective casing is not very well attached, the brightness of the backlight leaves much to be desired.
- high-quality manufacturing;
- quiet work;
- ease of use;
- reliable clamping mechanism.
- minor design flaws.
Lightness and compactness were the key factors for getting the Souz TSS-60013 machine to the third line of the rating. Weighing 1.75 kg, the device can be easily carried in a bag, and there is a special hole in the base to fix it on the table. The low power of the electric motor (160 W) is compensated by the high wheel speed (7500 rpm). Experts drew attention to a simple and convenient mechanism for adjusting the angle and depth of sharpening.
Domestic users liked the quiet operation, high-quality assembly, and excellent results. The chain can be sharpened at home in just 5 minutes. The protective cover made of transparent plastic makes work not only comfortable, but also safe.
- affordable price;
- lightness and compactness;
- high rotational speed of the disk;
- simple configuration mechanism.
- no backlight;
- defective products come across.
Another domestic development was included in our rating. This is the Vihr SZC-200 machine, which is designed for sharpening chains of electric and chainsaws. Experts refer to the advantages of the device as a shock-resistant case that reliably protects the electric motor from damage. By the way, such a small tool (weight 2.55 kg) has a powerful enough (200 W) and revolving (6000 rpm) engine. The reliability of the machine is ensured by a solid cast base. The operator does not need to worry about safety, the transparent cover protects eyes, hands and clothing from abrasives and sparks.
Chainsaw owners note the affordable price of a domestic machine. With its help, it is easy to sharpen the chain, but there is not enough illumination of the working area. And the instruction is written in a language incomprehensible to the layman.
- low price;
- powerful resourceful motor;
- ease of use.
- no backlight;
- incomprehensible instructions for use.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.