Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
In everyday life and professional activities, we constantly use various tool that needs sharpening. From knife to cutter – Everyone enjoys working if the edges are smooth and sharp. Therefore our experts prepared a rating of the best grinding machines for dressing the cutting part of both a conventional tool and a specific one. The material is based on numerous reviews and after thorough comparison of product characteristics, which will help to choose Proven equipment for various needs.
- How to choose a grinder
- Rating of the best grinding machines
- The best universal grinders
- ELITECH ST 600C
- BISON ZTSHM-200-450
- Vortex TS-400
- Wert GM 0315
- The best machines for sharpening drills and knives
- Diold MZS-0.2
- Sturm BG6010S
- Patriot BG 100
- The best chain sharpening machines
- CHAMPION C2001
- Vihr SZC-200
- CHAMPION C2000
- The best saw blade sharpening machines
- Enkor Korvet 472
- Kalibr Master EZS-110DM
How to choose a grinder
Before starting to study the rating, you should consider how to choose a grinder to understand what these or other people are talking about characteristics in the description. Here are the main criteria for which must pay attention:
- Power. For household machines, 150-250 watts is enough. This is enough to sharpen a knife and garden tools. For professionally use machines with power up to 600 watts The ability of the engine depends on this indicator withstand the load from the clamping of sharpened parts and not overheat at the same time.
- The number of revolutions. Thin steel sharpen on small rpm, otherwise it will overheat and let go. Thick objects sharpen at high speeds from 2000 rpm. When carbide elements need a high rotation speed of up to 15,000 rpm
- Landing diameter. Varies from 12 to 32 mm. More than shaft, the larger circles are allowed to install. Installation of large circle on a small shaft is unacceptable.
- Circle diameter and width. These values affect the size. sharpened snap. Small parts (knives, chisels, chisels) sharpen on small and thin circles. Large objects (axes, braids, choppers) need wide and large abrasive products. it Provides better edge evenness and performance.
- Security features and convenience. Grinding machines are equipped various devices for the best work and maintenance security. For example, it can be a support for an emphasis, and at some models also with a variable angle. Protective transparent screen covering the operator’s eyes from the departure of small particles. Guided backlight to see better quality sharpening. Tray for cooling and flushing accessories.
Understanding the main selection criteria, we turn to the consideration of the best sharpening models from a rating divided into categories by the purpose of the equipment.
Rating of the best grinding machines
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best universal grinders||1||ELITECH ST 600C||5 700 rub.|
|2||BISON ZTSHM-200-450||4 160 rub.|
|3||Vortex TS-400||3 390 rub.|
|4||Wert GM 0315||1 553 rub.|
|The best machines for sharpening drills and knives||1||Diold MZS-0.2||3 389 rub.|
|2||Sturm BG6010S||2 530 rub.|
|3||Patriot BG 100||2 190 rub.|
|The best chain sharpening machines||1||CHAMPION C2001||6 650 rub.|
|2||Vihr SZC-200||2 130 rub.|
|3||CHAMPION C2000||2 300 rub.|
|The best saw blade sharpening machines||1||Enkor Korvet 472||28 428 RUB|
|2||Kalibr Master EZS-110DM||5 690 rub.|
The best universal grinders
Universal machines are designed so that they can be it is convenient to sharpen both small objects and large parts. it the best appliances for everyday life, installation in a garage or on a small an enterprise where wood or metal processing is performed.
ELITECH ST 600C
Well-assembled machine with a metal case. Inside a 600 W motor is placed, which can easily cope with a dense clip parts and will not slip at the same time. Through the engine passes a common shaft, at the edges of which two circle: on the left with small granules, and on the right with large. Both emery have a diameter of 200 mm and a width of 2.5 cm. Abrasive elements are closed in a strong casing, and the eyes of the master protect Plexiglass screens with adjustable position. The manufacturer did not forget about the backlight on a flexible leg that is easy to point to anywhere. Button The start-up is rubberized and will not harm when pressed with wet hands.
In our opinion, a universal machine should be rated thanks to particularly sturdy stops with reinforcement on the underside. These are not simple plates, but thick strips that can withstand large load. Their height is adjustable, and a notch is even provided on the left for reliable drill location. The reviews show that powerful the grinding unit does not vibrate on the table, so use quite comfortable.
- one of the glasses is magnifying;
- good equipment;
- heavy (12 kg) and well balanced;
- circles uniform in size of abrasive.
- uninformative assembly instructions;
- the bath for cooling parts is very small;
- you cannot put small stones;
- the engine heats up with prolonged use.
Compact universal grinder with compact design case and two circles with a diameter of 200 mm. Rotation provides 450 W engine and accelerates to 2950 rpm. The machine is equipped with an LED lamp on a flexible leg, folding glass screens and thin pedestals with variable distance to emery. For stationary fixing, there are two holes in bottom of the case. The model is delivered in a package with a seal “Bison” confirming originality.
In the reviews of the owners, it can be seen that the machine is characterized by increased stability and does not “run” around the table in an unsecured form. For of this he has wide legs-stops that impede movement equipment from vibration. This model from the rating is the best for places work where you often have to rearrange equipment for clearing a place or storing it. Subsequent Using the model does not have to be fixed to the table.
- silent work;
- optimal power 450 W;
- acceptable price;
- The manufacturer gives a guarantee of 5 years.
- shakes when turned off;
- sometimes comes across with crooked stones;
- one landing size option;
- there is motor heating during prolonged use.
A simple domestic model with an air-cooled motor. The grinding unit consumes 400 watts and speeds up to 2950 rpm The device works with large circles of 200 mm in diameter and 2.0 cm wide, but endowed with a specific landing shaft with a size of 16 mm, so buyers respond that find a snap for it will be harder. Budgeting has affected everything – except for the backlight the device is nothing. Not available: stops, bath, protective screens. But the lamp bracket is long and flexible, which allows you to bring him on either side and good to see the workflow.
Our experts recommend this model from the rating as the best for the garage. On rough emery, you can quickly fix the ax, cleaver and a chisel, and on shallow sharpen knives, drills and garden tools. The cost of the machine is two times lower than similar products from others manufacturers that will not create problems for the family budget.
- hardly warms up;
- slight vibration;
- affordable price;
- no loud hum.
- specific landing diameter 16 mm;
- uncomfortable lamp;
- for large emery 200 mm the engine is a bit weak;
- fixing on the table is required, otherwise it will “run”.
Wert GM 0315
The grinder with two small stones with a diameter of 150 mm and 16 mm wide. They dress on a shaft with a landing of 1.27 cm. Launches 250 W rotation of the motor, but the speed is at a level professional equipment and is 2950 rpm. Launcher the key is protected from water and there are two stops with variable distance. Protective screens with an expanding shape, which is better blocks the path of flying particles. In the reviews, the owners note lack of beating stones.
The sharpened model is rated as the cheapest in categories. But affordable price affects the size, so for sharpening large tools and snap equipment will not work. Since buying it just for straightening knives in the kitchen is not profitable, our experts recommend paying attention to it argon welders who constantly need sharpening tungsten needles of non-consumable electrodes. Fine abrasive wheel Provides a perfect cone to facilitate tidy seams. On the rough the stone will be able to process the seam itself on the pipe or small plate.
- consumes electricity like two bulbs;
- high rotation speed of 2950 rpm;
- Lowest cost
- weight 5 kg – can even be placed on a simple stool.
- plastic case;
- needs to be fixed on the basis;
- poor equipment;
- only for small circles.
The best machines for sharpening drills and knives
Sharpening knives and drills on a conventional sharpener requires skill and mastery. You can just grind a kitchen tool blade or to burn, and the drills will remain blunt due to the wrong choice angle. Therefore, manufacturers produce machines with already prepared slots where you just need to insert a snap, and the rest of the device will do it myself. Here is a ranking of the best grinding models of this type.
Electric machine powered by a single-phase network 220 V, consuming 200 watts per hour of work. Despite the compact size and low power develops a rotation speed of up to 5500 rpm, which allows you to effectively sharpen carbide steel on drills. To fasten snap provided with a convenient chuck as well centering system to ensure uniform passage edges. A horizontal entry socket allows access to the stone for sharpening, and placing the cartridge in a vertical hatch will remove burrs.
Proven grinder, sold for several years and tested by users. The reviews show that the machine is reliable and productive, but you can not buy circles on it everywhere. therefore for large volumes of work is not suitable. But our experts recommend to pay attention to those who need sharpening drills diameter 13 mm. Not every model is able to accommodate such equipment, and this one is just designed to work with such dimensions, for which got a place in the ranking.
- light weight 1.9 kg allows you to carry equipment with you when change of workplace;
- the casing protects the internal parts from dust and particles as much as possible abrasive;
- wide legs prevent sliding on the surface;
- There is an additional deburring slot.
- breaks are needed every 15 minutes, otherwise it will overheat;
- circles can only be bought from the manufacturer;
- when sharpening knives, it removes more on one side;
- plastic case.
Sharpening unit with engine power of 100 W, developing 6700 rpm. The installation has compact dimensions of 30×7.5×11 cm and weighs only 1.8 kg. The manufacturer interestingly implemented the system snap fasteners. The model has three blocks for holding drills, knives with scissors and chisels. The basis of the design works one stone, and blocks are attached to this part of the body alternately. In order not to lose unused parts provided mount on the sidewalls. On a module designed for chisels and thick ax blades have a degree switch providing sharpening at different angles. Users speak of him as quiet apparatus without vibration.
Experts put the machine in the rating of the best due to safe large tool holding system. When sharpening chisels or the chisel is fixed with a magnet to prevent tearing item from the hands.
- small dimensions and weight;
- can be attached to any surface;
- aluminum case around rotating stones;
- convenient start button on top.
- circles are difficult to change – you must completely remove the casing;
- shaky clamping device for sharpening drills;
- not suitable for drills with a diameter over 10 mm;
- protective glass only at the block for chisels.
Patriot BG 100
American brand assembled in China. Endowed with 96 W and accelerates a circle with a diameter of 56 mm to a speed of 1350 rpm. Grain stone of 180 units provides accurate grinding of the edge and pungency. The rubberized cable is resistant to freezing temperatures and retains flexibility for a long time. The machine is made of plastic, which allowed to reduce the cost and weight. Similar to other brands It has three rearranged blocks for fixing different objects. At module for chisels and chisels a position adjustment screw is provided tilt, but without degrees, so adjust the device have to eye. In the reviews, the owners note that this exclusively household model, because the circle will quickly be erased from frequent use.
Multifunctional grinder from our rating experts recommend sharpening manicure accessories. Since a manicurist’s tool often dulls, this the machine, weighing only 1 kg, will always have a sharp cutting edge, and the stone will last a long time thanks to working with short blades.
- adapted for all sharpening functions;
- light weight 1 kg can be carried with you;
- recessed start key does not interfere with sharpening long knives;
- 3 year warranty.
- does not sharpen the blade of the knife at a distance of 1 cm from the handle;
- it takes time to get used to working;
- complex replacement of a grinding disc;
- stone quickly erases with frequent use with large snap.
The best chain sharpening machines
Sharpening machines for working with saw chains come in handy for those who regularly operates chainsaws or their electric and battery analogues. Sharp chain will provide high performance and save fuel or save the electric motor from overheating.
230 watts professional grinder, outstanding 3000 rpm Equipped with a stone 14.5×2.2 cm, mounted on a straight shaft from an electric motor. The drive is located on a metal drop-down bracket. On a horizontal bed of metal there is a chisel slot for clamping the chain. Rotating emery covered with a transparent cover for proper visibility and safety. Users in reviews pay attention to convenient a scale by which it is easy to adjust the degree of impact of the stone on the teeth chains.
The equipment is included in the rating due to its good equipment and high performance. It is worth paying attention to. lumberjack teams that need to sharpen chains in large quantity.
- high-quality powder coating;
- powerful engine for this category of machines;
- convenient handle with a limiter for lowering the frame;
- efficient air cooling.
- need a specific vertical base for installation, as the bottom screw protrudes far outward;
- high price;
- some threaded connections made of plastic;
- takes up a lot of space.
Domestic product with 200 W power and rotation speed 6000 rpm It is equipped with a circle with a diameter of 100 mm with a thickness of 3.2 mm. There are three adjusting screws for clamping the chain and adjusting the angle tilt the motor block. On the back of the compartment is provided perforation for heat sink. Although present in the design some backlash, according to reviews of their owners, you can easily eliminate and configure the equipment to work correctly.
The machine is rated as one of the cheapest in categories, in comparison with analogues. We recommend this machine for those who need to independently harvest large volumes of firewood for heating, and therefore the chain on a chainsaw regularly needs editing. Due to the low cost, the product will quickly pay off.
- can be fixed on a small crossbeam;
- metal bed;
- the scale for setting the angle is engraved, not drawn;
- Suitable for chains with different pitch.
- the handle slides;
- plastic case;
- little protection against flying abrasive;
- Heats up faster.
Sharpening machine for saw chains with a simple design and weighing only 2 kg. The rotation is provided by an 85 W electric motor, unwinding emery up to a speed of 4500 rpm. Stone thickness 4.5 mm allows you to sharpen even professional chains with a large step. By reviews it is noticed that the machine is working very quietly, and its clamp holds the inserted chain securely. But users are missing backlight, so you have to take care of this separately. Still at the model does not have a full handle, but only a small ledge – pressure, in fact, carried behind the headband of the engine.
The experts decided to add this grinder to the rating as yet one affordable option for people often using in the country chainsaw. The machine will allow you to comfortably sharpen the chain, and not spend half a day to use the file. Especially good with it change the angle of sharpening from 30 degrees to 10, which was noted by most owners.
- desktop rotation from 0 to 35 degrees;
- economical power consumption of 85 W per hour;
- grinding wheel 10.5 cm;
- engraved scale for precise installation.
- plastic bed;
- flimsy protective cover;
- the stop for the stop bolt quickly breaks;
- small protective screen.
The best saw blade sharpening machines
Owners of sawmills, circulars and other equipment with cutting steel discs regularly need to correct teeth, for which special design grinders are used.
Enkor Korvet 472
Goods from the Russian brand with a powerful 370 W motor and a belt transfer. An induction motor rotates a stone 2 mm thick and with a diameter of 100 mm at a speed of 3500 rpm. The machine is placed on strong base and weighs 40 kg, so when working does not rattle and not going. The scale on the rotary part helps to adjust the desired angle for sharpening. The reviews noted that the machine is not heated and suitable for operation all day.
Experts rated the machine as the most convenient. Drive securely fixed on the bracket, which moves along two guides. The play here is minimal, which ensures high accuracy. sharpening. When switching from one tooth to another, the disk is blocked from reverse rotation so as not to spoil the cutting edge by accident movement. We recommend this grinding machine for a large workshop in sawing wood, where the operator will be comfortable to perform work for a long time.
- full steel case;
- powerful guides;
- weighty base, which is not necessary to mount;
- good air cooling for continuous operation.
- high price;
- There are additional costs for replacing the drive;
- there is no protective screen;
- reach far to the shutdown button.
Kalibr Master EZS-110DM
Russian-Chinese rotary disc sharpener 5300 rpm At the same time, the machine consumes only 110 W, since a rectifier is provided inside, and the apparatus further operates on direct current. Small dimensions and weight 5 kg due to extraordinary design with a rotary guide, on the axis of which disk is placed. The stone is securely hidden in a plastic casing. Eyes user closed by a transparent screen through which it is convenient follow the process. Owners recommend in reviews first train on a damaged disk to learn exactly to set the angle of adjustment, because here it is very difficult.
The model is listed because it costs five times cheaper analogues. But since there are backlash in the design, then optimally use it for sharpening disks for sawing rough wood. This will facilitate easy recovery. sharpness of snap and accelerated work.
- diamond grinding wheel;
- suitable for disc diameters from 90 to 400 mm;
- about 100 adjustment positions to achieve an accurate angle processing;
- Converts AC to DC.
- the landing size of 20 mm will not allow you to wear discs with the parameter 16 mm;
- difficult to configure;
- there is a play on the guides;
- inconvenient to change the angle of the axis (located under motor).
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.