Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Powder paint is becoming more and more popular every day in the paint shops of Russian enterprises. In contrast to traditional liquid spraying, the polymer coating has better resistance to weathering, fire safety, and coating durability. The powder is applied to the part in a dry state, after which it melts under the influence of temperature, forming a continuous film. After curing, a beautiful and durable finish is obtained. To choose the right powder paint, experts recommend paying attention to the following points.
How to choose powder paint
- Types of powder paints. Powder paints differ in chemical composition. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages.
- Polyester paint favorably stands out in resistance to UV rays, atmospheric moisture and temperature extremes. It is best suited for the decoration of facades, painting of garden furniture, equipment that are used outdoors. Experts attribute low dielectric values to the disadvantages.
- Epoxy-polyester paint is recommended for corrosion protection of metal structures that are used indoors. The material is distinguished by its beautiful appearance, smooth gloss and resistance to water and oil products. However, it is not possible to obtain a matte finish when using low-temperature products.
- Epoxy paint is resistant to chemical attack. The material has high dielectric properties. In this case, the coating burns out in the sun, it does not withstand strong temperature changes.
- Surface types. It is necessary to select powder paint taking into account the nature of the protected surface.
- The ideal option is a smooth base, which allows you to use a wide range of paints and varnishes. It can be a powder paint with a high gloss (up to 95%) or a product with a matte structure (7-10%).
- When the surface has welded seams, chips or cavities, then without additional preparation you can use “shagreen” paint. When cured, it forms an orange peel-like coating.
- If there are numerous and sufficiently large defects on the base, then in this case it is better to give preference to powder paint with a “coarse shagreen” surface. But it should be borne in mind that having saved on the preparation of the base, you will have to accept the high consumption of powder.
We have selected 6 of the best powder paint manufacturers for our review. The products of these brands are widely represented in the Russian retail network. When distributing places in the rating, the opinion of experts and feedback from domestic consumers was taken into account.
Rating of the best manufacturers of powder paint
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||RATING|
|Rating of the best manufacturers of powder paint||1||Duxone||4.9|
For the middle price segment, the Duxone paint system was created in 1998. Experts point out that the firm has retained all the advantages of a family business. She did not enter the larger concerns, keeping her traditions. The manufacturer offers Russian consumers a full range of paints and varnishes that are made using modern technologies. In the catalog you can find all the compositions necessary for repairing a car body, from putty to finishing varnish. For the ease of use, the brand's paints and varnishes are loved by both large car services and small workshops. Duxone becomes the winner of our ranking.
Bodybuilders praise the paints for their high quality and reasonable prices. The materials dry quickly to form a durable and durable coating.
- high quality;
- time-tested recipes;
- modern technologies;
- affordable prices.
- not found.
Arsonsisi is one of the largest manufacturers of powder paint. The company has been operating since 1920, with enviable constancy holding a leading position in the pest market. Italians were in the forefront of those who mastered the production of powder paint (1972). The company keeps up with the times, doing its own research and development. Particular emphasis is placed on the study of the color characteristics of the paint and varnish material. Stable quality and color compliance with the RAL catalog allowed the manufacturer to take an honorable second place in our rating.
Users praise the quality of the powder paint, the resistance of the coating to moisture and temperature drops. Among the shortcomings, the appearance of counterfeit products on the domestic market is noted.
- deep traditions;
- modern technologies;
- correspondence of colors to the RAL catalog;
- resistance of the coating to atmospheric influences.
- there are counterfeit products.
The Dutch company Akzo Nobel is an international concern with factories scattered around the world. The company has representative offices in 80 countries, a wide range of paints is offered to the consumer. A series of materials “Architecture” has been developed for the construction industry, with its help windows, doors, railings and other metal elements are decorated. The AkzoNobel Collection Anodik powder coating with imitation of anodizing looks original. In this series there is a paint with an extended service life. The brand is on the third line of our rating.
The advantages of users include a wide range of paints, decorative appearance of the coating. As for the disadvantages, the weak anticorrosive ability causes dissatisfaction.
- variety of colors;
- decorativeness of coatings;
- dries quickly;
- economical consumption.
- high prices;
- insufficient corrosion protection.
Micropul, a young Turkish company, quickly gained popularity among consumers through its forward-looking policy. The manufacturer relied on enterprising employees who come up with original recipes. By introducing its own developments on advanced equipment, the company manages to produce high quality paint. At the same time, the brand pays serious attention to ecology, buying only high-quality European raw materials. Paints and varnishes do not contain harmful solvents, they are fireproof, which reduces the cost of installing fire extinguishing systems.
The manufacturer stopped one step away from the top three. In the reviews, users complain about the poor range of products in Russian stores.
- original recipes;
- modern equipment;
- environmental friendliness;
- fire safety.
- a modest assortment in stores.
Another Turkish powder paint manufacturer made it to our rating. Pulver is well known in Europe and Russia, although it has been producing powder paint only since 1988. Thanks to the constant updating of technologies and equipment, the company quickly took a leading position in the market. In 1995, the ISO 9001 certificate was obtained, and 20 years later the company received the GSB Master certificate. The range of paints is quite wide, it includes a series of architectural and automotive materials, products for household appliances and industry. Experts appreciated the environmental friendliness and safety of paints and varnishes.
Users are dissatisfied with the consumption of powder paint, its corrosion resistance. Affordable price is an attractive factor.
- affordable price;
- modern technologies and equipment;
- rich assortment;
- environmental friendliness.
- high consumption;
- low corrosion resistance.
The leader in the powder paint market in Russia is the domestic company Euro-Decor. The manufacturer has been winning the hearts of discerning consumers since 1995. The partner of the company is the renowned Italian supplier EUROPOLVERI. The brand's catalog contains a wide range of paints and varnishes, which are made in accordance with the RAL catalog. Thanks to the developed dealer network, paint can be bought both in Moscow and in provincial cities. If earlier the manufacturer specialized in the production of powder coatings for metal protection, today the range includes low-temperature compounds for wood, plastic, MDF, etc.
The brand is included in our rating for the brightness of colors, resistance to moisture, a developed dealer network. The disadvantages of users include unstable quality.
- a wide range of;
- developed trading network;
- moisture resistance;
- acceptable price.
- unstable quality.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.