Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Linoleum is widely used in everyday life and production. A special knife is required to neatly lay the flooring. There are many different designs of cutting tools, they differ in shape, precision in work and cost. A wide range of tools of both household and professional models is presented in the Russian trade network. When choosing a knife for cutting linoleum, you should heed the recommendations of our experts.
Types of linoleum. All PVC-based flooring can be divided into two categories.
- Soft linoleum is intended for use in residential buildings and apartments. Any special knife can handle such floor material; only a little skill is required from the finisher.
- In industrial premises, wear-resistant and hard linoleum is laid. In such cases, you cannot do without a professional cutting tool.
Types of knives. Several types of knives have been developed for cutting linoleum.
- The utility cutter is similar to a clerical knife, but made from more durable materials. For the manufacture of blades, hardened steel is used, it gives the cutting edge rigidity and wear resistance. It is convenient to work with such a knife on a flat surface, but the accuracy of the cut depends on the skills of the worker. Also, you will not be able to perfectly cut the curves. The advantage of the model is its affordable price and simple blade replacement.
- The circular knife is considered a special tool for the builder. He is able to make both straight cuts and different versions of bends, roundings. Linoleum can be cut even in rolls with a circular knife. Service requires the purchase of special disc blades.
- The crescent knife stands out in appearance. The blade has an inwardly rounded shape, reminiscent of the waxing / waning moon or sickle. This tool is equipped with replaceable blades.
- The cutter stands out from other knives by the presence of a platform. A disc or trapezoidal blade can be used as cutting equipment. Such models demonstrate high accuracy and cutting speed.
Convenience and safety. In the process of laying the flooring, the technician concentrates completely on the work. Therefore, the knife must have a comfortable and safe grip.
- First of all, you should pay attention to the handle. In some models, it has a D-shape, it fully meets safety requirements. Conventional knives with straight or curved handles should be anti-slip. It holds well wooden models or plastic ones with rubberized pads.
- The knife blade must be securely fixed. This primarily applies to utility knives with retractable blades. Every time before carrying out a cutting operation, make sure that the cutting element is stationary.
We have selected the 5 best knives for cutting linoleum for review. All these models are sold in local stores. When allocating seats, the editorial board of the magazine relied on the opinion of the expert community, taking into account the reviews of Russian consumers.
Rating of the best knives for linoleum
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best knives for linoleum||1||OLFA OL-45-C||RUB 1,100|
|2||Matrix 78979||650 RUB|
|3||Kraftool 0930_z01||RUB 250|
|4||Truper CULI-6 17002||RUB 250|
|5||FIT 10340||RUB 160|
The professional cutting tool is the OLFA OL-45-C linoleum knife. It can be used on a wide variety of flooring applications. The experts appreciated the compactness and lightness of the product. The circular blade is made of high quality tool steel. The high hardness of the blade extends the range of applications and increases the durability of the knife. For the manufacture of the case, the manufacturer used durable plastic. The plastic handle is equipped with rubberized inserts. Fixed type design provides maximum comfort and safety during operation. The model wins gold in our review.
Russian finishers speak flatteringly about sharpness, comfortable grip and durability.
- compactness and lightness;
- high quality tool steel;
- sharp sharpening;
- comfortable handle.
- not detected.
The Matrix 78979 knife finds a wide range of applications in construction. It ideally cuts soft floor coverings and roofing materials. The tool has a curved semicircular shape, which provides a comfortable and secure grip. The experts drew attention to the aluminum guide roller, it is installed in the tail of the handle. The roller effectively solves two problems simultaneously: precision and cutting speed. The cutting blade is stored in an aluminum holding block located at the nose of the tool. The manufacturer has completed its product with two spare blades. The model becomes the silver medalist of our review.
Russian builders highly appreciate the versatility of use, high-quality assembly, and good equipment. Not everyone likes the shape of the handle.
- wide scope;
- high-quality assembly;
- precise cut;
- good performance.
- controversial shape of the handle.
The Kraftool 0930_z01 knife will become an effective assistant to the finisher. The model optimally combines an affordable price and solid assembly. The basis of the instrument is a body made of impact-resistant plastic. It has an ergonomic grip with a grooved surface that fits comfortably and securely in the hand. Due to the presence of the lower guide and upper pressure plates, the cut is accurate and high-quality. To create a wide blade (18 mm), the manufacturer used alloy steel, which had a beneficial effect on the durability of the knife. The trapezoidal cutting attachment is easy to replace. The instrument occupies the bronze step of the pedestal.
On thematic forums, the knife is praised for its affordable price, high-quality manufacturing, and ergonomics. The disadvantages of the model, users include a large weight (0.5 kg).
- low price;
- good quality;
- precise cut;
- durable blade.
- great weight.
Truper CULI-6 17002
The model Truper CULI-6 17002 has a classic design of the knife. Mexican origin gives out a rounded edge of the blade. The blade is made of high quality stainless steel. A wooden handle is attached to the shank, it has a special shape that provides a comfortable grip. The total length of the knife is 180 mm. Experts consider the cutting tool to be the best choice for cutting linoleum or leather. The asset should include wear resistance, durability, reliability and lightness. The model stops one step away from the prize podium.
Domestic builders are satisfied with the simple design, reliability, high-quality steel and affordable price. Cutting accuracy is not the strongest point of the tool.
- stainless steel blade;
- robust construction;
- light weight;
- affordable price.
- low cutting accuracy.
The FIT 10340 Canadian-Chinese knife has several compelling advantages. The tool is sold on the Russian market at the most attractive price. The manufacturer chose a retractable blade design that is safely hidden in a metal handle. The blade is 18 mm wide and can be fitted with any trapezoidal blades. The required blade length is fixed with a screw. The experts noted the use of tool steel for the manufacture of cutting equipment. The asset should include lightness, compactness, sharp sharpening. The model closes the review of the best knives for cutting linoleum.
Users praise the knife for its low price, retractable design, compact size, and reliability. Among the shortcomings, there is a slip of the handle in the palm of the hand.
- low price;
- retractable design;
- sharp sharpening;
- slippery handle.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.