Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Skylights become a decoration of the modern roof. However, they are not only an element of decor, with the help of window systems it is possible to create a cozy, quiet room for rest or work under the roof. But to achieve a comfortable and cozy atmosphere under the roof is possible only with the right glazing. Experts recommend paying attention to several important criteria when choosing roof windows.
How to choose roof windows
- Window size. The choice of a window system should start with determining the dimensions. It is necessary to start from the viewing angle and the width of the opening. From the window, the user should have a good view of both the sky and the earth. The greater the slope of the roof, the smaller the height (length) of the window can be. The opening width is most often limited by the rafter pitch. The size of the window frame should be 4-6 cm less than the distance between the rafters.
- Profile material. The most popular materials for the manufacture of window profiles are plastic and wood. Dormers from pine trees are considered classics. They create a cozy atmosphere in the room, retain heat well. In addition, the smell of pine wood has a beneficial effect on the health of adults and children. Plastic withstands any weathering, it is easy to clean and affordable. The service life of plastic windows reaches 50 years. Scope of application – technical rooms, baths, toilets.
- Opening systems. To economically use a cramped attic space, it is important to choose the right window opening system. There are several options.
- Opening windows relative to the centerline is used for standard designs. This mechanism provides an acceptable level of convenience, the price will be the lowest. But the window will steal some of the space in the room.
- Opening windows outward relative to the top edge allows maximum use of interior space. Such a window can act as an emergency exit.
- The mechanism with a raised opening axis is distinguished by functionality and ease of use. The swivel joint can be installed in any suitable location. The canvas also opens outward, which is appreciated by tall people.
- Additional functions. Today, manufacturers, meeting the needs of consumers, equip windows with a number of additional functions. If you want to ensure maximum comfort indoors, then you should give preference to energy-saving double-glazed windows. To protect the attic from intruders, windows equipped with an anti-burglar mechanism allow.
We have selected the top 3 roof window manufacturers for our review. You can purchase them together with the installation in specialized stores in our country. When distributing prizes, the opinions of experts and feedback from homeowners were taken into account.
Top rated roof window manufacturer
|Rating of the best manufacturer of roof windows||1||Velux||4.9|
Velux has been operating in the window market for over 78 years. The brand began to explore the vastness of Russia since 1991. Today, the Danish manufacturer occupies a leading position in our country. Own developments are quickly implemented thanks to new technologies and modern equipment. In the production cycle, only high-quality materials are used that meet modern environmental requirements. Experts note the energy-efficient designs created by Velux employees. They allow you to provide a warm perimeter in the room. Therefore, in winter, the room is kept warm, and in summer the air remains cool.
The brand becomes the winner of our rating, since users have no particular complaints about quality. The only disadvantages are the high price.
- high quality;
- Beautiful design;
- energy saving designs;
- high price.
Fakro products are not inferior to the leader of the rating. It is not for nothing that on thematic forums, users are actively comparing these two brands. The Polish company was founded in 1991 as a small family business. Today Fakro roof windows are in steady demand on the European market. The production uses a wide range of materials, both artificial and natural. You can choose windows for your mansard roof of any size. The experts appreciated the aluminum windows. The design includes special bridges that retain heat. In addition, such window systems are lightweight, which is important when installing a roof.
As for the weaknesses, professional builders note certain difficulties with the installation.
- high quality;
- stylish appearance;
- affordable price.
- complex installation.
Roto roof windows stand out from the competition with their increased moisture resistance. For manufacturing, the manufacturer uses environmentally friendly plastic, durable seals. Therefore, no condensation occurs. The plastic is resistant to ultraviolet radiation, it is practical and easy to clean. In the catalog of the German company there are double-glazed windows of different sizes. The most popular in Russia are designs of 3 or 4 chambers. The brand has earned praise from experts for the reliable protection of window systems from burglary. Even professional burglars will find it difficult to cope with intricate fittings.
Users speak flatteringly about the quality of the windows, their resistance to weathering. The disadvantages include the instability of mechanisms to low temperatures.
- moisture resistance;
- not afraid of ultraviolet radiation;
- ease of use;
- reliable protection against burglary.
- fittings do not tolerate severe frost.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.