Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
As our statistics show, when choosing a country for higher education, people want to be guided by something, so as not to regret wasted time and money. Based on the research carried out by the staff of our magazine, the frequent requests of applicants are ratings of the TOP countries with a high level of the educational index (in other words, the Education Index). And if it is not impossible to sort out the top of higher educational institutions, then with countries – the whole process becomes much more complicated.
The reliable figures provided by us are calculated within the framework of the United Nations Development Program (abbreviation – UNDP). This index shows a complete picture of the literacy of the inhabitants of a particular country, as well as the total share of students who receive higher education. Therefore, our information speaks more about the availability of training than about its quality.
Ranking of countries in the world by level of education (Education Index)
|Ranking of countries in the world by level of education (Education Index)||10||Great Britain||5.0|
|8||United States of America||4.8|
10th line – Great Britain
Great Britain is on the 10th line of the ranking of the TOP countries with a high level of education of foreign students and literacy of the local population. England's Education Index is 0.896 points.
The system of providing knowledge, labor education and literacy of the population of Great Britain is a process that has been spent a large number of years. Today it is considered the perfect option. It was this system that became the basis of all lines of education in other countries around the world. Many adolescents and adults decide to go to the UK in order to become the owners of a competitive diploma, a profession in demand on the world labor exchange.
Studying in England involves going through four main stages:
- the process of preparing for further knowledge acquisition;
- general education program;
- admission to a higher educational institution;
- after the university course.
Compulsory completion of a general education course is eleven years (as in many other countries). It is divided into initial and general training.
9th line – Holland
To date, when we compiled a rating of the TOP countries with a high level of education, the Netherlands is on the 9th line. The Education Index is 0.897 points. The demand for Dutch universities is due to the high chance of getting on a free form of study, as well as the ability to choose a suitable program in English, German.
The educational system of Holland is distinguished by democratic prices, an innovative approach to the preparation of training programs. All groups of people, regardless of religions, ideologies, attitudes towards a certain caste of the population, have the opportunity to be candidates for admission to a higher institution with the expectation of studying at the expense of state funding. However, it should be noted that only one third of all institutions in the Netherlands are of the state type.
Receiving higher education in Holland is considered the most prestigious, since the teachers of the world's leading universities are progressive, use innovative technologies, progressive methods of presenting information in the process of obtaining theoretical and practical skills. In addition, it provides for a multi-stage system for obtaining qualifications: bachelor's, master's, postgraduate studies.
8th line – United States of America
The educational system of the United States of America differs from other countries in such features as:
- the highest level of quality of educational activities;
- large-scale demand for an American diploma if you want to find a job in another country. This is due to the presence of overwhelming chances of getting a prestigious job not only in prosperous America, famous for limitless realities, but also in different parts of the world;
- impeccable knowledge of English with an American accent (Russian-speaking students will be able to improve their conversational level).
- America is famous for the diversity of its education system. We, in turn, can cite the following as irrefutable evidence:
- the multilevel education system of the United States of America, based on the principle of age;
- various schools, distinguished by special programs according to which schoolchildren are trained, as well as content, methodological developments, traditional events, and a philosophical direction. This applies to both private schools and government agencies;
- the presence of a large number of centers where you can become the owner of a specialization. This leads to the demand for foreign students to enroll in American universities.
Based on the above, we decided to place the United States of America on the eighth line of the rating. The education index is 0.900 points.
7th line – Iceland
The Icelandic educational system acts as an excellent option for applicants who wish to study at the world's best university, while receiving a quality education at a low cost. The government has created all the necessary conditions for education to develop for the better. That is, the Ministry of Education is trying to introduce progressive specialized educational programs, equip research, laboratory centers and modern business schools with the necessary equipment, interactive whiteboards, and so on.
Having analyzed all the countries of the world, taking into account the literacy of the local population, the level of practical, theoretical knowledge of graduates, we decided to put Iceland on the seventh line of our ranking. The educational level index is 0.906 points. Due to the low tuition fees, subject to admission to a contract, almost all average applicants have the opportunity to become students of an Icelandic university.
We believe that studying in Iceland is not only interesting, but also quite comfortable. Foreign students can independently decide which program (based on language support) they will study in local or English.
6th line – Ireland
The republican state of Ireland is the safest country in Western Europe, which has a well-developed economic component. It is famous for its tolerant attitude towards foreign students. The entire learning process is interesting, has a high level of quality, and the path for successful employment in a prestigious job in the acquired specialty opens up for graduates.
Our journalists analyzed the UN development program, thanks to which we placed Ireland on the sixth line. This is a state with a high level of the Education Index, which is 0.910 points. It is worth noting that the Ministry of Education assumes that all potential applicants are fluent in Irish. Since this is a rather difficult language, an English-language training program is provided for foreigners.
The Irish education system has traditions from ancient times. It is similar to the British one, but despite this it has a number of distinctive features. The state government makes large investments, monetary investments in the educational sphere, thereby attracting foreign applicants to enroll in local educational institutions. Economic activity, natural science, exact sciences, information technology, banking – a small list of demanded specializations that are chosen by foreign students.
5th line – Germany
Modern, innovative, international specializations, as well as the best education of labor discipline, focusing on practical skills – everything that determines the demand for German universities. Applicants from all over the world come here, most of whom remain to work in Germany after graduation. A number of specialties are very popular at the German labor exchange. That is why a large number of graduates quickly find a prestigious job and remain permanently. At the end of the university, everyone has 1.5 years of time in order to successfully find a job.
In our top ranking on the Education Index, Germany is ranked fifth with an index of 0.914 points. This is due to the fact that students of German academies, colleges can:
- build a schedule of pairs at your discretion, thereby independently control the loads, shifting or extending the time frame;
- devote a lot of time to your favorite activities, choose the subjects necessary for your future specialty;
- get a job using a student visa, which gives you the opportunity to work for 4 full months or 8 months (up to 4 hours a day). The day can be combined at your discretion.
The academies provide for high-quality practical, theoretical classes, the choice of a suitable program, based on the language of instruction (German, English).
4th line – Norway
The cold Scandinavian state of Norway is famous for the high standard of living of the local population, as well as foreign residents who came to earn money to enter the world's leading university. The education system of this country is famous for quality, affordable prices, individual specialized programs and an individual approach to all students.
According to our research, the Education Index of the Norwegian level of knowledge delivery is 0.916 points. The main positive aspects of admission to an educational institution in Norway include:
- budget. This is one of the few states that has refused contract training. Free program available to all students, regardless of the language of instruction, be it English or the local version of study;
- high position in the world ranking. As we have already said, the Norwegian educational system is considered one of the best, as the universities employ highly qualified teachers who have the knowledge and skills at the highest level.
In addition, the popularity of the country is due to the quality of practical work not only in Norway, but also abroad.
3rd line – New Zealand
A state called New Zealand refers to a new direction of higher education abroad. Today it ranks among the most developed countries around the world. Regardless of the fact that the country is small enough in size, the economic component is not inferior to the United States of America, and the prospect of infrastructure development is high.
Modern New Zealand is the clearest example of the fact that there is always the possibility of rational management of natural resources, the economy, including the construction of an advanced system of national education. Today it has won the recognition of leading experts who called it the most effective in the world.
The New Zealand educational system of knowledge delivery has several distinctive features:
- strict government regulation;
- affordable cost;
- highly qualified teachers;
- multistage profession acquisition.
We have done a lot of work related to compiling a rating of the countries in demand, which are most often chosen by foreign applicants. New Zealand has a high index – 0.917 points. Therefore, she deservedly placed herself on the third step of our rating.
2nd line – Denmark
Today, Denmark is the smallest Scandinavian state, but despite this, it boasts a high standard of living, a minimal hierarchy of society, as well as quality education provided for both local residents and foreigners. The educational system in this country was finally created in 1994 and today it is recognized as the best around the world (slightly inferior to Australia).
You can become the owner of higher education in Denmark by contacting one of three types of universities:
- vocational technical school. Here you can take a two-year program in a suitable direction (business, computer science, economics). Experiments are carried out by teachers, which are based on testing the theoretical knowledge of students. At the end of the training, students defend their theses;
- college. The educational program is scheduled for four years in various areas. Highly qualified researchers provide high-quality theoretical knowledge, practical skills in the field of work, as well as in writing research projects. Upon leaving the university, the student receives a bachelor's degree;
- university, academy, institute. The entire learning process, the design of research work is carried out at the highest international level. A number of universities graduate professionals in one area of activity, thereby devoting most of their time to practice and theory. Graduates graduate from the university with a master's, doctoral degree.
Our journalists carried out painstaking work to compile a rating of the TOP countries with a high level of knowledge provision and population literacy. Denmark's Education Index is 0.923 points. That is why the location of this state on the second line is quite justified.
1 line – Australia
Australia today is considered an industrialized country, where the education system and scientific research are given a lot of special attention. This state is considered the best in terms of the ratio of cost and quality of the training provided. It is worth noting that a high level of education is available to almost every foreign applicant, in comparison with other English-speaking countries. The process of studying in Australia will cost 20-25 percent less than studying in the United States of America, Western European countries or Canada.
We have studied all reliable sources that refer to the Education Index. Based on this, we deservedly put Australia on the first line of the rating for quality, affordable education. The educational level index is 0.939 points.
We would like to note that the British version was taken as a basis for building the education system in Australia. In a state with a population of 21 million people, there are:
- 40 higher institutions (universities, academies, institutes);
- over 450 colleges, technical schools;
- more than 100 national, private institutions where they receive secondary education.
In addition to the above, more than 600 centers are in demand here, where highly qualified workers specializing in teaching foreign languages, in particular English, work.
Our highly qualified journalists analyzed a large amount of information related to the level of education in all corners of the world. We conducted a lot of studies, as a result of which we were able to find out which country is distinguished by an innovative approach to the presentation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. In addition, we have determined the education index of all states.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.