Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Glass door – the solution is not only visually attractive, but also practical. The material from which it is made has good sound- and heat-insulating properties, but at the same time translucent. So by installing a glass door, you can make a room more spacious and comfortable at the same time.
But for such an interior solution to decorate the apartment and make it is more comfortable, it must be of high quality. Therefore, we have compiled ranking of the 9 best glass door manufacturers producing reliable, durable and modern products.
How to choose a glass door
When choosing a glass door, you should pay attention to four parameter:
- Destination. It is worth considering that the interior, heat resistant and anti-vandal solutions are slightly different;
- Type of instalation. Glass door can be hinged, pendulum, sliding, radius and rotor. Specific type also selected on the basis of the scope;
- The quality and purpose of the hardware;
- Design (which is manifested, inter alia, in degree frosting the glass door).
According to the purpose, glass doors can be divided into three types – ordinary interior, special heat-resistant and anti-vandal. They differ primarily in strength and processing technology of the material from which they are made.
- So, interior doors are made of relatively thin glass cloth, and their main advantage is the low price.
- Heat resistant glass doors pass extra hardening, due to which they can be installed in rooms with constantly high temperature – in baths, saunas or actively used bathrooms. It is worth noting that for home a shower cabin or a bathroom will fit the usual interior solution – the price is low, and the strength is quite high.
- Finally, the glass entrance doors are made of high strength, thick, often multilayer material. They resistant to both targeted and random acts of vandalism. Such solutions are good for use in various public institutions, however, for home use, their strength and weight will definitely be redundant.
So for most home use scenarios An ordinary interior glass door will do. For public baths or saunas it is better to install heat-resistant. But as entrance to the store, bank branch, office and so on is recommended install special, high strength and vandal resistant.
type of instalation
According to the type of installation, the following types of glass doors:
- Swing. Classic version with hinges on one side of the door frame and the locking mechanism on the other. This solution is suitable for installation between rooms, as provides almost completely free opening at opening;
- Pendulum. Similar to swing, but open in both side. Suitable for installation in wide doorways, as the pendulum mechanism requires an indent of several centimeters (up to 10-15) from one of the edges of the box;
- Sliding. In this case, the web is fixed on a special carriage that slides along the top rail. At opening it slides to the side. Suitable for installation in rooms, where is the distance from the opening to the nearest perpendicular wall in the opening side is not less than the width of the web, since it requires a lot places at the opening;
- Radius Similar to sliding, but they have no flat and curved. Open the same way – the canvas moves on the rail at the top. For home installation are not suitable, since the free space is very “eaten up”, but in a bank, office or store will look pretty and comfortable;
- Rotary (rotor door). A fairly new installation method, combining swing and sliding mechanisms. When opening the canvas at the same time slides to the edge of the opening and becomes across it. The mechanism allows you to save space in the corridor and completely clears the opening. But at the same time, such doors are relatively expensive – and when choosing them, you should carefully evaluate the quality of the fittings, because when it breaks down, the web simply blocks.
The ranking includes manufacturers of glass doors of all types.
Other nuances of choice
- The quality of the hardware is determined largely by the material from which she made. Good decisions come from Anodized aluminum or stainless steel. Soft metals, let alone especially plastic, PVC or EVA, for glass doors, in principle, not fit – the canvas is heavy and creates a constant load.
- The purpose of the hardware is an important parameter during installation glass door to the bathroom, sauna or bath. For such solutions require special, moisture resistant and heat resistant loops.
- The design of a glass door is a purely subjective concept. But there are some tips to help make the choice easier and more pleasant:
- For a bathroom, a bathroom, a bath and a sauna it is recommended install models with full matting or at least very thick pattern. In such premises, it is recommended to maintain privacy. AND through the canvas with full matting only silhouettes will be visible, but “details” cannot be discerned;
- For the bedroom, it is recommended to install paintings with full matting or at least painted. And the thing is not only what kind of they may be any intimate processes. For many falling asleep requires a sense of security and solitude, and a completely transparent glass door turns the room into “aquarium”.
- In other cases, it is worth being guided by your wishes. In addition, many manufacturers in the ranking offer glass doors with photo printing, individual design and so on – specially so that this product decorates the interior, and not just served as a separator between rooms.
Rating of the best glass door manufacturers
|Top glass door manufacturers by ratio “price quality”||1||AKMA||4.9|
|Top premium glass door manufacturers||1||Astor mobili||4.9|
Top glass door manufacturers by ratio “price quality”
Why he: One of the largest manufacturers of glass products interior designation in Russia.
St. Petersburg company AKMA is one of the largest manufacturers of glass interior solutions in Russia. It produces not only the door itself, but also furniture, as well as decorative and practical solutions.
The range of glass doors from this manufacturer includes several lines that differ in price and functionality. So, the AKMA Light series includes budget solutions with simplified fittings that are suitable for use as interior. The Hamam range is equipped with special fasteners (in including reinforced) made of anodized aluminum, which is resistant to humidity. Decorated solutions are extremely diverse – there are also non-standard patterns, and with photo printing, and with engraving, and with embossed fusing pattern. In all cases used foreign decoration techniques (ceramic paints, Belgian ink), which are characterized by durability and saturation.
Why is it: High quality and maximum reliability.
Dorma Can’t Boast As High assortment of glass doors, such as the previous one manufacturer in the ranking. But it is distinguished by German quality their products. Despite the fact that it is based in Moscow, production technologies and materials are used exclusively overseas.
But with the assortment, everything is not so good. The company literally several models of glass doors, which, moreover, defaults are executed without decor. The lineup includes both classic swing solutions, and a little more modern pendulum.
The company also performs decorative solutions, but outside the model a number and exclusively on order. Because of this, production is suitable models may take a long time. Still worth take into account that the quality of the fittings and the most tempered glass will please even demanding users, and the product itself will last several decades.
Why he: The most modern design.
In terms of design, the Russian company Sofya produces one and only type of door – with full matting of the canvas. But the look of these solutions is really impressive. Thanks specially selected colors from warm to dark tones, including metallic shades and accent or complementary tinting accessories glass doors from the manufacturer “Sofia” look as modern as possible. And this is not surprising, because their the look was done by a professional Italian designer!
The manufacturer offers three model lines. Collections “1000 lines and Scala offer classic swing solutions with Contrast fittings in anodized aluminum and metal box, and the Phantom series – sliding with almost invisible a carriage complementing the elegantly modern rail design and lack of lower guides (as unnecessary).
Why he: A large collection of glass doors for baths and saunas.
Russian company Aldo specializes in manufacturing glass doors intended for installation in baths, saunas and similar rooms with extreme microclimatic conditions – high humidity and temperature. In the line of the manufacturer presented a variety of models that differ not only design, but also structural features.
For example, Aldo offers three types of glass cloth profiles. In budget options it’s not framed at all, in decisions mid-range is complemented by aluminum trim. AND top models offer a profile of specially crafted wood, not only resistant to aggressive external influences, but also looking very expensive and stylish.
The design of the doors is also very diverse. There are completely transparent solutions, both matte and painted, and engraved, and even with close to photo printing, but more translucent, patterns.
Top premium glass door manufacturers
Why he is: Italian manufacturer of reliable glass doors from several materials.
Italian factory Astor Mobili is known for its upscale interior doors that are made of various materials. For example, in her catalog you can find truly unique solutions (which are not represented by any other manufacturer from the rating) like models with a glass cloth, veneered and “enclosed” in aluminum profile for maximum reliability.
Thanks to bold combinations of materials, glass doors from this the manufacturer also boasts an unusual, very modern and stylish design. And thanks to the translucent base they look “light”, visually not loading the room.
The manufacturer offers various structural solutions – from classic swing doors (which are also recycled company designers for an unusual look) to sliding and roto. Thus, in his catalog you can find models for any the interior.
Why is it: The unique design of boxes and fittings.
Italian factory Adielle – one of the largest manufacturers interior doors and glass partitions in Europe. And this popularity is well deserved. The company is not shy to use the most modern and high-tech fittings – often own development and production – to create a truly unique design solutions.
Thanks to thin, decoratively hidden boxes and guide rails, vertical hinges and easy locking door mechanisms become as if invisible. Nothing in design the walls do not “report” that there is a closed passage between rooms. In conjunction with a completely transparent glass door becomes invisible to the eyes – and the room visually increases and brightens.
However, matte and decorated with various patterns patterns in A catalog of this company is also present. So it will be possible choose any desired configuration depending on the style.
Why he is: A manufacturer of unique hidden glass doors sliding mechanism.
In the line of the Italian manufacturer Longhi the greatest interest cause models from the Wall-Up series. They have a unique design. sliding mechanism, which is completely hidden in the opening and therefore not visible to the eye. Technology is patented and therefore no other the manufacturer in the ranking cannot offer such structural solutions.
However, not only the Wall-Up range with invisible guides This company boasts. In its assortment there are many design solutions that differ non-standard external view and are issued in a limited edition – so that the doors are not only beautiful, but also unique. Unusual patterns and colors complemented by specially designed for these models fittings.
Also worth noting is the Spark collection. Models included in it are made of laminated glass which provides no only greater reliability, but also better heat and sound insulation.
Why he: Modern design and very high quality.
In the collections of the Italian manufacturer of glass interior Movi Italia’s solutions make it extremely difficult to find anything classic and traditional. On the contrary, the company updates its design every year products, making it more and more modern – but at the same time practical. This is manifested in many ways – in sliding models Andros collections with unique vertical handles; in minimal solutions of the Less series with an accented profile; in bright Segno Filomuro canvases with rich and passionate colors; in Reinforced and secure Extra locking mechanisms with hidden key hole; in the round recessed handles of the Idra series …
Design solutions from this Italian manufacturer constantly updated – but always true to the principles of elegance and modernity. And premium materials make Movi products Italia is truly reliable, durable and practical.
Why he is: A large range of decorated models with artistic patterns.
Unlike previous Italian manufacturers in its segment of the rating, Foa does not focus on modern minimalist design and other high-tech. No, she’s the opposite – combines modern production technology with traditional appearance. As a result, the design of its products embodies Italian ideas about the beauty of the interior, but complements them with modern technology.
Almost all models in the Foa product range are decorated these or other patterns. It can be a classic vegetable motifs or modern geometric patterns, complex mysterious or maximum design lines simplicity … But regardless of the type of pattern, it looks elegant and filled with characteristic Italian flavor.
The technologies used in the production of Foa are also modern. Therefore, solutions from this company are also completed high quality fittings.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.