Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Weather forecast is a phenomenon that helps us plan every way out of the house. Thanks to the assumptions of meteorologists about the temperature and possible precipitation, we can figure out what clothes we should wear and whether it is worth taking an umbrella with us. The correct weather forecast is especially critical in winter, when a few degrees can drastically change the wardrobe for going out, or when planning long trips. It is important that it is the most accurate and does not fail at the right time. Therefore, we have collected for you eight of the most accurate weather forecast sites that almost never make mistakes. Why almost? Because it is extremely difficult to predict the weather with 100% accuracy. But the creators of these sites are trying.
- How to choose the best prediction site
- Ranking of the most accurate weather forecast websites
- Intel licast
How to choose the best prediction site
If you rely on some criteria when browsing forecast sites, you can always know the most accurate weather. We have highlighted the characteristics and features that are worth paying attention to:
- The forecast for a time further than 7 days from today's date is akin to fortune telling on the coffee grounds. Many sites provide forecasts for 7, 14, 30 and even 90 days. But if you expect to get the most accurate data, you should not rely on such long-term studies. Humanity has not yet learned how to predict the weather so accurately in the long term.
- If the resource shows not only numbers, but also 'feelings' – that's good. Some weather forecast sites let you know exactly how the temperature feels. This is much more convenient than the 'bare' numbers on a thermometer. Because sometimes the difference in sensation and in fact can reach a dozen or two degrees.
- A website with a mobile application is the most convenient for permanent use. When you move around a lot at different times of the day, it can be inconvenient to constantly visit the forecast website and see what the weather is like. Mobile applications allow you to watch the current temperature and other data directly on the smartphone screen – just bring the widget to the desktop or just click on the desired icon.
- It is best to look at the forecast for a specific place of residence, and not for the city as a whole. In one city and even one area of the city, if it is large, the weather can be different. Somewhere it is raining, but somewhere it has already ended or replaced by snow. Some forecast sites let you know the weather to within a few streets around you. For this, special super-precise technologies are used, such as Yandex's Meteum.
- Ideally, you should study 'professional' weather forecasts for military or airports. Some Internet resources cooperate with various official structures. For example, with airports or the military. The requirements for such forecasts are much higher than for “civil” ones, but they are not available everywhere.
These five criteria will help you get the most accurate weather forecast at your convenience. You will no longer get cold or wet when faced with an error in the readings.
Ranking of the most accurate weather forecast websites
|Ranking of the most accurate weather forecast websites||1||Meteoinfo.ru||5.0|
Objectively, one of the most accurate and best sites in the country with the motto 'About the weather – first hand'. The Internet resource publishes data directly from the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia. The Meteoinfo website provides the most complete information about weather conditions in all cities of the country. Every day “weather news” is published from different regions of Russia and the world, including those concerning records and possible changes.
The site contains information from stations around the world. At the same time, you can see only 5,000 cities in the world. However, Russia and the CIS are represented as accurately as possible. On the website, which is convenient, you can see a graph of the average water temperature – it is updated once a day. For those who are versed in meteorology, there are all the necessary charts and maps.
In addition to factual information, you can also watch entertainment information on the site. There are sections for children (in particular, entertaining meteorology), a set of various books and documents, and even a section called 'Zen'.
- Site of the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia.
- There is information about all countries in the world.
- In addition to forecasting, you can study the theory of meteorology.
- Not all cities in the world are represented.
- There is very little theory.
The Finnish meteorological service website has the most accurate weather forecasts in the world. Allows you to study information about the current state of the weather, and also provides forecasts for 3 10, 15 days. And more is not required – further the accuracy drops very much. The main advantage is clear and detailed weather infographics for the next five days. The site works with commercial organizations that need an accurate weather forecast. Thanks to this, you can be sure that the information on the site is the most accurate, since the creators earn good money on this.
There are several other sections besides the forecast. In particular, specifically in the winter-spring period, the site contains information for skiers from leading resorts in many countries. You can also see the temperature of the water at different points. There is a section 'Weather non-stop', where you can watch video from cameras in different parts of the city. But it is not available for all localities in the country, which is disappointing.
What pleases me is that there is a Russian-language interface. The information is presented in the most clear and complete way. There are not only numbers, but also quite understandable infographics with charts and graphs. Even a child can intuitively understand each indication.
- Most accurate weather forecast.
- Specialized sections for athletes.
- Not very convenient navigation.
An American meteorological site built to deliver the most accurate weather forecasts. The service is commercial, so it is unprofitable for it to provide irrelevant information. The site also plays into the hands of the fact that it was created by Weather Services International, the company that owns the largest commercial meteorological database. This makes the Intel licast forecasts one of the best.
The main advantage of the site is that its creators work with most airlines in the world. Therefore, the resource publishes the most accurate information, because the lives of people on airplanes depend on it. One of the important features is also the fact that it is this weather forecast site that warns Americans of impending natural disasters. And his testimony is really trusted.
On the website you can see the most detailed forecast for the current moment, 10 and 14 days ahead. The resource does not give later forecasts. You can also view weather history and astronomical data.
- Able to warn of a natural disaster faster than others.
- Owners provide information to airlines and commercial organizations.
- There is no Russian interface.
The most visited Russian site for weather forecasts. Shows weather forecast for today, tomorrow, 3, 10, 14 and 30 days. Only the most necessary information is indicated in the forecast: temperature in fact and according to feelings (but only at the current moment), wind speed, precipitation. Details need to be searched. I am glad that the information is graphically presented very conveniently – at the first glance at the infographics, you can roughly estimate the situation without looking at the numbers.
The resource keeps the so-called weather diary, which presents all the essential indicators – cloudiness, temperature, pressure, weather phenomena and wind direction / speed. Interestingly, at the bottom of the page, Gismeteo provides information on weather, nature and space. Including about various holidays and folk signs associated with the current date.
Unfortunately, there is little detailed information on the site for those interested in meteorology. On the other hand, it simplifies the perception of the data for those who do not understand all these indicators at all and who need a specific forecast for the right time.
- Intuitive interface.
- There is a mobile application.
- There is very little detailed information for those who are interested.
- Sometimes forecasts are not entirely accurate.
Quite a well-known website for professional weather forecast. Interesting in that it provides information in a tabular form, which is quite non-standard. It is in demand among tourists, hikers and similar people who are critical of the accuracy of weather data. The site provides information for 1, 3 and 6 days. Moreover, in the first case, the data will be displayed for every hour.
Conveniently, you can customize the presentation of information the way it is convenient for you. Each indicator has several units of measurement in which it can be represented. We also emphasize the fact that for those who want to know the forecast as a whole, the site always writes a short summary of 1-2 sentences in length. And you do not need to understand the tables.
Despite its convenience and accuracy, the site is little known. More often used in semi-professional circles. The site has an application for smartphones. There is also a mobile version, in which the most important information is presented in a very concise manner. A weather diary is kept separately, like on Gismeteo.
- The ability to tailor the data for your convenience.
- The most detailed information about the weather.
- A brief summary for those who do not want to study the forecast in detail.
- Low popularity and low popularity.
- It can be difficult to immediately understand detailed forecasts.
It's not just a weather forecast website. This is a whole online magazine dedicated to meteorology and weather. On its pages you can find everything that may interest you – from scientific articles by leading meteorological scientists to the section of amateur observations of various natural phenomena and astronomical textbooks.
In addition to basic weather information, a lot of amateur and professional information is provided. Explore maps and satellite imagery, learn about educational projects and expeditions, evaluate thunderstorm activity, and much more. In general, the resource can be considered a storehouse of knowledge for meteorologists of varying degrees of professionalism.
The disadvantage of the site is its interface. The resource is not very convenient to use – in order to find the weather forecast in the desired city, you will first have to find the appropriate section, and then find your locality among others. Almost everything needs to be done manually. But the reward will be almost the most accurate forecast.
- The most detailed information about meteorology and astronomy.
- A complete online weather magazine.
- It's very difficult to understand the interface right off the bat.
The meteorological resource is native to America. Covers more than 3 million settlements around the globe. The Weather Service has been operating since 1995 and during this time has gained enough experience and customers to provide some of the most reliable weather forecasts in the world. Today the company sells information to the media and various organizations, and also creates special programs for computers and smartphones.
It is amusing that the site is able to issue a forecast 90 days ahead. As we already wrote, such a prediction will not be relevant at all, but it will attract a certain audience. But if you do not look at such a spread in dates, you can find a lot of useful information, up to the degree of danger of solar radiation.
The forecast focuses mainly on data from meteorological stations located at airports. Of course, if there is no other data. Therefore, the research can be called extremely accurate. Satellite and map data are also provided. It is interesting and convenient that the site immediately displays a list of places near the selected city, which allows you to quickly familiarize yourself with the weather in the region.
- A huge number of settlements in the database.
- There are many different programs and applications.
- There is both simple and detailed information.
- The interface has been partially translated – various news and 'minor' sections remained in English.
A simple, beautiful and convenient Russian-made website from the Yandex search network. Shows the most accurate information, but not overloaded with unnecessary numbers. For those who want to understand in more detail, there are special sections with expanded data. Yandex provides the weather for the current day, 10 and 30 days in advance. There are some indicators for a later time, but they are presented for informational purposes and do not pretend to be reliable.
The site of the Russian search engine also offers a special mobile application for Android and iOS. It turned out to be very convenient – in addition to basic weather information, it allows you to receive notifications about weather changes in not even a specific city or region, but directly in the area of your residence thanks to the 'Meteum' accurate forecast technology. Moreover, this is available not only for Moscow, but for any city in the country.
Unfortunately, in reviews, users sometimes write about unreliable predictions. This is especially true of the Meteum technology, which has not yet been tested for decades, which has not yet learned how to determine the forecast with 100% accuracy on any street in the city.
- An extremely convenient mobile application.
- The ability to compare the weather in different cities.
- Sometimes errors occur (gross and not so).
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.