Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
One of the youngest construction tools is the nail gun (nailer). Although this device appeared on the domestic market recently, its assortment is so rich that even experienced builders are lost when buying. The main advantage of a nail drill over a hammer is its high productivity. Within 1 minute, the tool is capable of driving 20-60 nails or staples. Thanks to this, the nailer finds new areas of application. To get an effective device that optimally combines cost and technical characteristics, you should heed the recommendations of our experts.
- Tips for choosing a nailer
- Rating of the best nail guns
- Makita DPT353RFE
- BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520
- STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650
- RYOBI R18N18G-0
- ZUBR ZSP-2000
- Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM
- Wortex ES 1053
- Kolner KES 650
Tips for choosing a nailer
Appointment. It is best to start choosing a nail gun with an appointment.
- Frame models are very powerful. They are used for the device of rough structures, frames or lathing. Such nailers are capable of working with large nails (50-220 mm), the power of the device is enough for punching boards and bars through and through.
- Sheathing guns are designed for mounting sheet materials to wooden frames. Nails 25-75 mm long with wide heads are used as accessories. Such models are equipped with roomy stores.
- Finishing nylons are used to attach platbands, skirting boards, glazing beads and moldings. They must ensure that the fasteners are invisible, so most often the devices work with thin and short nails or staples. Builders pay special attention to the accuracy of the impact force regulation.
- Roofing devices are bought for targeting roofing material or soft tiles. A nail brush with a length of 25-50 mm with a large head is used as a tooling. Professionals call such a tool nailing machines.
- A nail for mounting thin and soft materials should be light, comfortable and fast. At the same time, the capacity of the store should reach 100-150 nails or staples.
Types of nail guns. The main difference between nailers lies in the drive. The following options are offered on the market.
- The most affordable and popular in Russia are electric nailers. Some of them are powered by a household network, others are equipped with rechargeable batteries. This type of pistol is considered the weakest. Therefore, the scope of application is limited to finishing, fixing insulating materials, assembly of small structures. The builders like the devices for their light weight, low noise level, ease of use, environmental friendliness and safety.
- The pneumatic actuator is in high demand in large construction sites or in production halls. A distinctive feature of the tool is power and fire safety. The gun can drive nails up to 5 mm thick and up to 220 mm long into a tree. The disadvantages of the device include the presence of compressed air with a pressure of 4 to 30 bar.
- Gas nails are distinguished by their mobility. These devices use explosive energy to hammer in nails. Experts attribute high power, versatility, and ergonomics to the advantages of gas nailers. But such devices are expensive, it is periodically necessary to clean the combustion chamber.
- Powder pistols are purchased for driving nails into the hardest substrates (concrete, brick). The impact force depends on the type of cartridges, which are marked in different colors. The disadvantages include narrow specialization, the presence of exhaust, the need to hold the device with both hands.
We've handpicked 8 of the best nailing guns for our review. All of them are widely represented on the Russian market. When allocating places, the opinion of the expert community and feedback from domestic builders were taken into account.
Rating of the best nail guns
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best nail guns||1||Makita DPT353RFE||RUB 33,249|
|2||BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520||RUB 5,879|
|3||STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650||RUB 5,093|
|4||RYOBI R18N18G-0||RUB 12,000|
|5||ZUBR ZSP-2000||RUB 3,690|
|6||Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM||RUB 4 399|
|7||Wortex ES 1053||RUB 2 056|
|8||Kolner KES 650||RUB 1,450|
The Makita DPT353RFE nail gun was highly praised by professionals. This cordless model combines mobility with ease of use. The device is equipped with a lithium-ion battery with a voltage of 18 V and a capacity of 3 Ah. The set includes two batteries. The experts liked the battery level tracking option as well as the automatic battery protection. To save the battery, the device turns off when the minimum charge is reached. The tool can work with different nails with a length of 15 to 35 mm. The magazine holds up to 100 nails. The driving depth is adjusted with a regulator. The model becomes the winner of our rating.
Domestic users praise the Japanese pistol for its light weight (2.1 kg), reliability, effective LED lighting. The only disadvantages are the high price.
- 2 batteries;
- roomy store;
- LED lights.
- high price.
BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520
The BOSCH PTK 14 EDT staple gun has a wide range of possibilities. The German tool can drive nails up to 14 mm long and staples 11.4 mm wide and 14 mm long. The performance of the electrical device is 30 beats per minute. On the body there is an impact force regulator, as well as an indicator of the degree of filling the magazine. The device comes with 1000 staples 10 mm long. Experts have appreciated the DuoTac mode, which can be activated to hammer 2 staples in one hit. For convenience and lightness (1.1 kg), the model becomes the silver medalist of our rating.
Domestic builders in reviews praise the device for ease of use, adjustable impact force, versatility. The disadvantages include the Asian build quality.
- wide functionality;
- light weight;
- rubberized handle;
- impact force adjustment.
- the quality of the Asian assembly is lame.
STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650
Tools of the American manufacturer STANLEY are in demand among professional builders. The STANLEY 6-TRE650 nail gun will help you fix soft materials with high quality. After hammering in nails, there are no marks or dents on the surface. The model is capable of working with nails from 15 to 32 mm long. The manufacturer has equipped the device with a spacious magazine for 100 nails. The experts drew attention to the high level of safety, control is carried out by pressing the trigger, the operator can adjust the force of the blow. To reduce the vibration load, the pistol grip has a rubberized grip. The model ranks third in our ranking.
Users are satisfied with the build quality and usability of the American pistol. Problems arise only with repairs.
- high-quality assembly;
- roomy store;
- anti-vibration system.
- no service centers.
Another cordless nail gun ranks high in our ranking. Experts liked the RYOBI R18N18G-0 model for its rate of fire; the tool makes 60 hits in one minute. Moreover, the maximum length of the nail reaches 50 mm with a thickness of 1.2 mm. The cassette-type store contains 105 nails. Additional functions include adjustment of the impact force and driving depth, as well as LED lighting.
The model failed to conquer the top three for several reasons. The builders note the large weight of the pistol (2.5 kg), which leads to quick fatigue. There are 5-7 nails constantly left in the store, and when the battery is charged to 50%, the device does not want to work (a full charge is required).
- high rate of fire;
- roomy store;
- driving depth adjustment;
- LED lights.
- heavy weight;
- no battery and charger included.
The Russian-Chinese ZUBR ZSP-2000 nail gun has an attractive combination of price and quality. This cordless tool has a high power (2000 W), it is capable of driving 15-30 mm nails and 55 staples. The device fits comfortably in the hand, it is light enough (1.6 kg), which allows you to work without fatigue for a long time. The magazine stores 50 pieces of equipment, thanks to a hardened firing pin and a steel clip, the pistol can withstand a large number of blows. The model cannot boast of a performance (20 beats / min), but the impact force can be adjusted.
The experts gave the tool the fifth place in our rating, as users discovered a number of shortcomings. This is the jam of nails in the mechanism, as well as incomplete hammering of the equipment into the wood.
- acceptable price;
- high power;
- impact force adjustment.
- nails get stuck;
- the rig is not completely clogged.
Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM
The Chinese construction nailer Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM is in the TOP-6 of our rating. It attracted the attention of experts with positive reviews from Russian users. The strengths of the device include high power (2000 W), good performance (30 beats / min) and precise adjustment of the impact force. The combination of these properties allows you to perform work quickly and efficiently. The manufacturer took care of safety while driving nails and staples by installing protection against accidental “shot”. For the percussion mechanism to work, it is necessary to firmly attach the tool to the workpiece.
During the operation of the device, some disadvantages became clear. There is no lubrication in the mechanism, often the device shoots out 2 staples.
- affordable price;
- protection against accidental “shot”;
- high power;
- fine tuning of the blow.
- there is no lubrication in the mechanism;
- shoots 2 staples.
Wortex ES 1053
When you have to constantly work with materials such as cardboard, textiles, leather, heat and vapor barrier, you should take a closer look at the Wortex ES 1053 stapler. Experts appreciated the lightness of the gun (1.3 kg) and its complete set (400 staples and 100 nails ). The device is not intended for driving large rigs, the length of nails and staples is limited to 16 mm. But it quickly and accurately captures thin and soft materials. The manufacturer has provided protection against accidental pressing, for each type of work you can adjust the impact force. Ergonomic rubber grip for operator comfort.
The device falls into our rating for its affordable price and ease of use. Of the minuses, users note modest power and limited scope.
- good equipment;
- fine adjustment of the impact force.
- modest power;
- narrow scope.
Kolner KES 650
The Kolner KES 650 electric stapler is suitable for stapling a wide range of materials. Experts paid attention to it due to the lowest price. The device was developed in Germany, and it is assembled in China. Of the advantages of the pistol, it should be noted its low weight (600 g), this quality is especially appreciated by builders when they have to shoot the vapor barrier to the roof. The maximum nail length is only 15 mm. The modest capabilities of the device are explained by its low power (650 W). The magazine can store up to 50 nails. The gun is protected against accidental activation.
Domestic users praise the nailer for its low price, long cord and lightness. Of the shortcomings, the most often mentioned are low power, poor assembly, deformation of the staples.
- low price;
- long cord;
- low power;
- poor build quality.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.