Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
When installing linoleum to the floor, the material will last longer if it is glued to the base. Thanks to this, the coating will not be able to move from walking, waves will not form on the surface from the movement of furniture. Over time, decorative flooring will not shrink as it dries, and the seams will not come apart. To fix linoleum, various compositions are used, depending on the material of the subfloor. We have prepared a rating of the best adhesives for linoleum, for which we studied the characteristics of dozens of products and customer reviews. The information will help you choose a good glue for the price and properties.
- How to choose glue for linoleum
- Rating of the best adhesives for linoleum
- The best glue for linoleum on concrete floor
- TYTAN Professional
- NORME COLOR PROFI
- Homakoll 208
- COP 'Optimist K503'
- The best glue for linoleum on wood floors
- Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack
- Polynomial 101
- TEX KS Construction
- SINTEX H-44
How to choose glue for linoleum
Before studying the rating of the best adhesives, let us briefly recall the criteria for choosing a product in order to understand the advantages of the nominalists presented. A construction product is bought, paying attention to the following parameters:
- Glue base. An aqueous solution and acrylic, cellulose acid, latex and rubber can be used as the base of the adhesive. A product with this composition is more suitable for dry, heated premises. Adhesive based on polyurethane and epoxy resin is designed for low temperatures and high humidity, but it costs more.
- Drying time. The indicator varies from 10 to 60 minutes. The total time for laying linoleum and putting the surface into operation depends on this.
- Consumption per kilogram. An important factor that determines the cost of installing the floor covering. The indicator can be from 2 to 5 m².
- Packaging. The product is sold in containers from 100 ml to 20 liters. A small container is practical when laying linoleum on an area of 1-2 m², so that there is not a lot of excess material left, and large containers are useful for installation in spacious rooms.
- Application method. The glue is supplied through its own spout in a tube or by means of a spatula that scoops the agent from the container. This determines the convenience of the process and the installation time.
- Compatible with linoleum base. The adhesive must be compatible with the linoleum base, which is always indicated on the packaging. Among the flexible roll material, there can be a felt base, fabric, foam, pile, and also baseless. Homogeneous and heterogeneous flooring material is found.
- An important factor when choosing an adhesive for linoleum is the base material of the floor itself. These can be highly absorbent and poorly absorbent surfaces. It is on these grounds that our rating is divided.
Rating of the best adhesives for linoleum
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best glue for linoleum on concrete floor||1||TYTAN Professional||RUB 2 056|
|2||NORME COLOR PROFI||RUB 2,134|
|3||Homakoll 208||224 r|
|4||COP 'Optimist K503'||149 r|
|The best glue for linoleum on wood floors||1||Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack||RUB 2,977|
|2||Polynomial 101||RUB 530|
|3||TEX KS Construction||219 r|
|4||SINTEX H-44||RUB 220|
The best glue for linoleum on concrete floor
In apartment buildings, administrative offices and private buildings, concrete floors or screed are used as a sub-floor. The material has increased moisture absorption, therefore, special adhesives are used to attach linoleum to it.
The first place in the rating is taken by a product from a Polish manufacturer. The glue is made on a water-dispersed basis and is similar in consistency to a paste. The substance is applied with a spatula. A layer of 1 mm is sufficient for secure fixation. The product is produced in convenient packaging of 1, 2, 4, 7 and 14 kg. All containers have a handle for easy carrying. Buyers in reviews share that the substance does not smell and is pleasant to work with. Surface gaps are easily visible due to the light color of the paste. But after fixing the linoleum to the surface, you cannot walk on it for up to 30 minutes.
Our experts have awarded the product the first place in the ranking due to its versatility. Besides ordinary linoleum, it is suitable for homogeneous and heterogeneous substrates. This allows the thicker material with the fiberglass to be securely anchored so that it does not shift from the daily passage through it. The glue is also designed for a significant increase in the temperature of the concrete base and is suitable for laying linoleum over the underfloor heating system from cables or pipes with water.
- convenient packaging from 1 to 14 liters;
- has no smell;
- convenient application with a spatula;
- the beige color helps to notice the missing spots on the floor.
- high price;
- dries for 20-30 minutes;
- consumption from 1 kg to 3.3 m².
NORME COLOR PROFI
The second place in the rating is given to a product from a Russian company. The adhesive absorbs moderately into the concrete base and remains moist enough to hold the top flooring material. After drying, the product prevents possible shifts or peeling, which is what the masters like in reviews. Glue is applied with a spatula with special teeth and is evenly distributed over the surface. A feature of the product is the preservation of its fixing properties despite a decrease in ambient temperature to -25 degrees. This allows the adhesive to be used in unheated buildings without damaging the linoleum. But the product can only be bought in a large container of 14 liters, since it is positioned as a professional one and is designed for spacious areas (from 35 m²).
In our opinion, the product deserves a place in the rating due to its increased adhesion to the substrate. Thanks to this, the adhesive is suitable for fixing linoleum used for commercial purposes (buildings with high traffic, corridors, cafes, offices, hotel rooms). The adhesive layer will not allow the flooring material to become covered with waves or form gaps at the joints.
- no volatile solvents in the composition;
- frost resistance allows you to use in unheated rooms;
- extends the life of linoleum by 40%;
- reduces the risk of surface damage when rearranging furniture.
- high price;
- 1 kg can be processed no more than 3 m²;
- only one packaging option for 14 liters.
The third place in the rating is occupied by goods from another Russian manufacturer Homakoll. The '208' adhesive is made from water, dispersion and resin addition. The substance does not contain solvents and is completely odorless. It has high adhesion not only to horizontal, but also to vertical and ceiling surfaces, so the remains of the product can be used to decorate the room with pieces of laminate, so as not to buy foam separately. Glue is sold in containers of 1, 4 and 14 liters. If the repair is planned for the spring, then you can store the product in an unheated garage or other room – the glue can withstand up to 5 freezing cycles, for which sellers praise it in reviews.
We have included a one-component product in the rating due to the faster drying time. Unlike competitors, the glue hardens 10 minutes after application, which increases productivity and allows immediate walking on the coating. This is achieved due to the low liquid content in the composition, which evaporates faster. The adhesive is suitable for linoleum with a foamed base, fabric and pile. We recommend the product for household use in an apartment or house.
- does not shrink during polymerization;
- easy application;
- low water content;
- in case of fire, the floor does not support the flame;
- no volatile solvents.
- consumption on concrete is up to 2 m² per kg;
- not applicable to heterogeneous coatings;
- high price.
COP 'Optimist K503'
The fourth place in the rating of adhesives for linoleum on a concrete floor is given to another domestic product. The product 'Optimist K503' is intended for fixing floor coverings with felt, fabric or jute base. It contains liquid glass, industrial oil and fillers. This allows even mosaics and ceramic tiles to be glued. Masters in reviews praise the product for the ability to apply at temperatures of +5 degrees, so repair work can be carried out most of the year even in unheated rooms.
Our experts have put the glue in the rating due to its increased heat resistance. The substance will not only withstand heating from the underfloor heating system, but also transfer temperatures up to 400 degrees. It is practical for glueing both the floor and the wall around the fireplace with one glue to keep costs down and not to buy tile adhesive separately. The second advantage of the product is its price, which is four times less than that of competitors.
- non-toxic and odorless;
- can be applied at an air temperature of +5 degrees;
- immediately ready for use;
- the most affordable price in the rating category;
- after polymerization, it is not subject to cracking.
- complete drying in 24 hours;
- maximum strength is achieved after 72 hours;
- consumed up to 500-700 ml per square meter;
- sold only in containers of 18 liters.
The best glue for linoleum on wood floors
In the case of wooden floors, there is a temptation to attach the linoleum with small studs, as was done in the old fashioned way. But such an installation spoils the aesthetics and does not protect against deformation of the coating. Use instead the best adhesives in our rankings, specially formulated for wood substrates.
Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack
The first place in the rating was taken by a product from the Forbo brand. One-component dispersion solution is produced in large containers of 13 and 20 liters. The adhesive is suitable for all types of linoleum, as well as thermal insulation materials. It can be applied to clean wood and previously painted surfaces, which users love in reviews. The adhesive should be appreciated by beginners who do their own repairs for the first time. The product hardens within 30-60 minutes, so the linoleum segments can be moved for a long time in order to achieve the correct location. But after that, you need to press the floor material with a rolling tool and not walk on it for an hour.
In our opinion, the glue deserves a place in the rating due to its high adhesion, which allows fixing linoleum, on which furniture will subsequently be rolled on casters (office chairs, bedside tables, tables). The mount is so strong that it will not allow the base to swell or become covered with waves, subjected to such specific loads.
- removing excess traces of glue with water;
- high adhesion to wood floors;
- you can adjust the cut strips for a long time;
- suitable for all types of linoleum.
- high price;
- only two types of packaging of glue, 13 and 20 liters;
- dries up within 30-60 minutes;
- for rough floorboards, preliminary sanding is recommended.
The second place in the rating was awarded to the glue '101' from the Polynom company. This product is designed for fixing heavy and dense floor materials. The composition includes acrylic dispersion and fillers, as well as rosin modifiers. This ensures good adhesion and retention of the foamed linoleum base to the wood floor. The substance is applied with a spatula and looks like a thick, white mass, by which it is convenient to track where the untreated surface remains. In 2002, this product became a laureate of a prestigious competition in Russia and received the 'Golden Quality Mark' award.
We ranked polyacrylic linoleum adhesive among the best for its elasticity after curing. It will continue to hold the flooring to the wood floor, even if the substrate is exposed to mechanical stress. The product is worth looking at for those whose floorboards have few supports and sag when walking. Peel strength is 8 kgf / cm².
- almost odorless;
- suitable for all types of linoleum;
- sticks very strongly to wood.
- dries from 30 minutes;
- 500 g is consumed for each m²;
- only available in large containers of 18 kg.
TEX KS Construction
In third place in the rating is a Russian product from the TEKS company. It is a versatile adhesive suitable for fixing linoleum to wood floors with any sanding quality. The base of the floor can be made of chipboard or fiberboard. Glue is applied with a spatula and dries for a long time, which allows you to correct blemishes during installation. You can work with the solution at temperatures from 0 degrees, but it is only important to thoroughly mix the contents of the container. The glue adheres perfectly to the wooden base, despite the air humidity up to 80%. Buyers note in the reviews the economical consumption of funds that can be processed up to 4 m². In a closed container, the goods will be stored for 12 months.
We have added the glue to the rating of the best because of the high density of the substance, which is 1.6 kg / l. This allows you to use the solution to fill cracks in the wooden floor and pre-puttying the cracks, after which you can immediately glue the linoleum with the same composition.
- it is possible to cover up to 4 m² with one liter of glue;
- adheres to any kind of wood, stone;
- withstands elevated temperatures up to 400 degrees;
- compatible with linoleum on a fabric, pile or jute base.
- there are only small packages of glue of 900 ml and 3 liters;
- dries for 3 hours;
- it is allowed to load the surface with furniture and frequent passes only after 3 days.
The Spanish product from the Sintex brand closes our rating. The product is marketed as 'cold weld' for linoleum joints. It is produced in 100 ml tubes, equipped with its own spout for easy feeding. The substance has no color, so it fits perfectly with any flooring design that customers like in the reviews. After application, you can make adjustments for another half an hour. When the composition polymerizes, it will not be susceptible to moisture penetration – this is important for bathrooms and kitchens, where water may appear on the floor. The adhesive barrier will prevent it from passing under the linoleum to the wooden base. But in order to apply the product, you will need to thoroughly clean the surface of dust and debris.
This product is ranked for its filling capacity. The adhesive is suitable for fixing linoleum ends, filling in accidental punctures or cuts. It is worth buying for beginners, because during the first installation, errors in size are inevitable and wide gaps will have to be filled with something.
- forms a waterproof barrier that prevents water from flowing under the linoleum;
- increases the decorative component of the roll edge design;
- fills gaps up to 4 mm wide;
- one tube is enough for sealing joints on an area of 50 m².
- more suitable for linoleum with a foam base;
- hardening after 2-3 hours;
- polymerization of the 2nd day;
- the optimum temperature for application is +20 degrees.