Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
At the last stage of tile laying, grout is applied, placed between the seams of the ceramic finish. The material is designed to protect tile retaining adhesive to prevent moisture falling off. Grout quality affects the development of joints fungus and mold. Carries substance and decorative function. To competently choose a plastic material for sealing joints, we prepared a rating of the best manufacturers of grout for tiles.
Our experts have conducted research on numerous brands, understanding the technologies used by them and the assortment of goods. Customer ratings were also included in the ranking. After reading our TOP-7, it will be easier to navigate a variety of manufacturers and choose the goods that are optimal in terms of properties and price.
How to choose a grout for a tile
Briefly recall the main criteria for choosing a grout for a tile, to better understand the benefits of some manufacturers in ranking in front of others. This building material is selected by the following criteria:
- The basis. Cement based grout is cheaper and easier applied. It is diluted most often with water. Epoxy Products resin is more durable, moisture resistant, but their price is more expensive, and stirring requires a hardener. Polyurethane even more resistant to water and chemicals.
- The width of the seam. On the packaging, the manufacturer indicates allowable maximum joint width. The indicator varies from 2 to 40 mm This value indicates at what thickness the grout is not Cracks after drying.
- Type of implementation. Dry goods are sold, which requires dilution in proportions and bringing to the desired consistency. Other grouts are sold ready-made (in buckets), and immediately suitable for application.
- Colour. Since the substance plays a decorative role, an important factor is the color of the grout, which can be plain with tile or contrasting. Limited color gamma can lead to poor design decisions that visually ruin the look of the wall or floor.
Rating of the best manufacturers of grout for tiles
|Rating of the best manufacturers of grout for tiles||1||Mapei||4.9|
We made the rating of the best manufacturers taking into account the reviews buyers and product quality. But individual products each brand has its own additional features, which is important consider when choosing.
Italian comes first manufacturer, operating since 1937. The company of the same name was founded near Milan and has always specialized in auxiliary building materials. When is the Italian market filled ceramic tiles (around the 1970s), manufacturer I saw in this perspective and expanded the range of various grouting. Now tile grout is available in 32 countries in 67 factories, so you can buy it anywhere in the world. At the company there are own developments used in production grouting. Among them, DropEffect’s water-repellent effect and additional barrier against BioBlock fungus.
Our experts gave the first place in the ranking to this manufacturer. for the widest color palette. The collection contains 30 color options that will help you choose a grout for any the tile. In addition, the assortment is distinguished by unusual colors, absent from other manufacturers, for example: “Volcanic ashes, Blue Ocean, Gray London, Manhattan 2000 and others.
- release of goods in dry and liquid form;
- large color gamut;
- patented joint protection technology;
- you can carefully walk on the floor with tiles after 3 hours.
- high cost of finished mixtures;
- the viability of the finished solution is only 20 minutes;
- 24 hours complete drying (children can play, run, arrange furniture).
In second place is the German manufacturer, which has been known since 1876. The name of the main concern is Henkel, and Ceresit is a brand for promoting construction related products. The company is now a world leader and produces grout, sold in 120 countries. Products in this category are divided into series with CE indices 33, 40, 43 and 79. Silicone is sold separately grout SC and impregnation for tile joints CT. Buyers in reviews note the practicality of Ultra Pox grout, which has increased resistance to chemicals and mechanical friction.
According to our experts, the manufacturer has earned a place in rating due to the release of a particularly flexible grout suitable for seams up to 40 mm wide (CE43 Super Strong). This allows you to apply means for creating original design effects and not fear cracking after drying. Another company is releasing a special series. grout under the CE40 Aquastatic index, which is specially designed on wet rooms (bathrooms, kitchens, showers). Her use helps maintain finish for long period.
- use on underfloor heating is permitted;
- a large range of the width of the seam in the tile;
- resistant to deformation;
- increased smoothness of the grout accumulates less debris;
- the pot life of the solution is 60 minutes.
- high price;
- if you add more water than the instructions, then significantly deteriorating properties;
- walking on the tiles is allowed after 8 hours.
The third brand in the ranking belongs to Weber, located in France. The concern has existed for over 100 years and launches a line of building dry mixes called Vetonit. The manufacturer has about 200 plants operating in 62 countries. IN 3 of them are functioning in Russia, which allows to slightly reduce logistics costs and reduce the cost of the final grout cost. The company specializes in cement and epoxy mortar types. seams. Dry grout is designed for use at temperature from -30 to +70 degrees, so it can be applied even on the street, what users like in reviews.
Our experts rated this manufacturer in the ranking as having the most chemically resistant grout materials the gaps between the tiles. For example, two-component epoxy the grout will not be damaged when exposed to hydrogen peroxide, ammonia, hydrochloric and sulfuric acid (25%), alkali, alcohol and Coca-Cola. This is the best option for finishing tiles in saunas and public pools.
- Europe’s largest Center for Research and developments;
- full production in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- all materials pass quality assessment;
- grout for tiles has an Ecomaterial badge and ISO certificates 9001 and 14001.
- a small selection of colors for the tiles;
- walking on the floor is allowed after 24 hours;
- complete drying – 7 days;
- can be applied only at temperatures from +10 degrees.
This manufacturer appeared in Italy in 1968. In Russia, the company has been operating for 15 years since the founding of one of the plants where under the control of European experts is the release of grout. On the The company uses German and Italian equipment, which improves product quality. All products comply with the ISO standard. 9001. The manufacturer produces a grout for tiles under the brand Starlike. Among products with an epoxy base there are lines Crystal, Defender and Epoxystuk X90. Cement series is presented in the lines of Litochrom 1-6, 3-15 and Litochrom Luxury.
Our experts added the manufacturer to the rating, because he There is a rare type of grout that is absent in most competitors. This is an epoxy compound of Crystal C.350. Product is different transparency and is positioned as a “Chameleon”, that is, the seams will be reflect the shade of the tiles. The effect was achieved thanks to inert filler. This serves as a one-stop solution for decoration, also suitable for mosaics and mirror tiles, so as not to distract attention from the pattern. Users in reviews note that this grout looks especially beautiful with special sparkles.
- equipment from Germany is used for grouting and Italy
- there are different products for amateurs and professionals;
- all goods are of high quality, because even silos are in factories (raw materials) is stored in heated rooms;
- laboratory tests are regularly conducted to verify quality grout.
- most positions are designed for thin seams up to 3 mm;
- high price;
- the consistency resembles chewing gum, which is difficult to press into cracks between the tiles;
- Fast hardening in 20 minutes.
At this place in the ranking is the Finnish manufacturer, known in Europe for 100 years. Headquartered in Tampere specializes in adhesives, insulation and construction mixtures. Products for household and professional use. Back in 1993, the brand received ISO9001 certification, extending to all stages of production. Among the grouts two types are available: Saumalaasti (cement-based for thick 6-12 mm joints) and Klinkkerisaumalaasti (cement base, designed for clinker tiles and seams up to 6 mm). Masters in reviews praise the adhesive properties of the grout (quickly sticks to the seams, not exfoliates), as well as convenient packaging of 3, 10 and 20 kg.
Our experts rated the Finnish manufacturer as he managed to achieve the longest conservation period ductility grout. Cement-polymer mortar mixed with water It remains soft and ready for application within 2-3 hours, which very practical in the case of a large area with tiles.
- grout can be tinted among themselves for selection of color to tile;
- long viability of the solution;
- consumption of 2 m² with 1 kg of substance;
- the product has frost resistance.
- not suitable for prolonged use between tiles, under water;
- among goods with a cement base, only 4 options for color;
- high price;
- no epoxy based products.
The penultimate ranking place is represented by the Greek concern, formed in 1980. Today this manufacturer is one of the leaders. Industries in Southeast Europe. Company factories operate in Turkey, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Russia, Romania and Serbia. Products sold in 55 countries of the world. Review users like variety grout that can be matched to different tiles. Near the product name is a numeric index indicating maximum allowable seam width. From the available collections in catalog presented: Multifill 2-5, Multifill 3-15, Smalto 1-8, Marble 0-3.
We included the manufacturer in the ranking of the best due to the presence of rare types of grout that are absent from competitors. For example, only from this company you can buy Epoxy Glitter, consisting of three components. Complex composition increases resistance to water and chemicals. Mixes from the Marble series are designed for filling the joints in marble tiles, and a separate line of Stone suitable for filling gaps between particles of natural stone.
- a wide range of grouts for different types of tiles;
- regular experiments and the development of new technologies;
- smooth glossy texture of the material;
- color stability after drying.
- high consumption (up to 4 kg per 1 m²);
- costs more than analogues;
- maximum width of the filled gap is not more than 8 mm.
In last place is the German manufacturer, started its activity in 1864. The company is known for it was her cement that was supplied to fill the base of the Statue of Liberty in USA. Today it is one of the largest European suppliers. building mixtures. The company catalog includes Saphir grout for thin slots 1-5 mm, decorative plastic materials Sopro DF for 10 mm, and especially strong Sopro Tfb 554 suture paste. Masters in reviews are shared that you can enhance the beauty of the finish with gold or silver sequins available in the collection manufacturer.
Our experts identified the manufacturer in the ranking, as with the most developed technical support. According to company philosophy, she sells turnkey solutions for bathrooms, kitchens and public places, and the materials are already a consequence. Therefore, any client (up to or after purchase) can call or write by contact data on the official website, and he will be provided with a detailed explanation of the types of grout, methods of its preparation and application.
- there are products for wide gaps between the tiles (up to 30 mm);
- a large selection of the color of the substance;
- various spangles are available for adding to the grout;
- the substance compensates for thermal stresses.
- high cost of 1 kg;
- mix for a long time to obtain a homogeneous mass;
- some types are packaged only in 2 kg (requires purchase many packages at a large facility).
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.