Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The oldest tool that has not undergone significant design changes, is a sledgehammer. It is often called the older brother of the hammer for outward resemblance and more impressive sizes. The hammer comes to the rescue in cases where the shock hammer energy is not enough to perform heavy work. Sledgehammer can be found in the garage, in the forge, on the construction site, in private homes and cottages. There are several varieties of percussion instrument, therefore expert advice will be useful for those wishing to acquire a powerful tool.
- How to choose a sledgehammer
- Rating of the best sledgehammers
- The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 3 kg
- Matrix 10922
- KING TONY 7833-20
- Fiskars 1020218
- The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 6 kg
- STAYER 20110-6
- Sturm 1011-02-5000
- Zubr 20111-4
- The best sledgehammers weighing more than 10 kg
- TOPEX 02A511
How to choose a sledgehammer
- The shape and mass of the shock. Sledgehammers are equipped heads of various shapes and weights. It has universal qualities instrument with combined striker. One piece has a flat square in shape and the other sharp-nosed. With such a hammer you can destroy structures, and perform fairly accurate work when auto repair. Blunt sledgehammers are most often intended for blacksmiths or builders when only a strong impact is required impact. Depending on the destination, the weight of the product is also selected. It can fluctuate between 2-10 kg.
- Head material. To from strong blows to hard details or grounds to maintain the original form of working parts, special grades of steel are used. Most often instrumental steel is forged, which strengthens the structure. As the working surface must be very hard (50-55 HRc), then use selective quenching technology. To do this, apply heat treatment using high frequency currents. Internal part of the head remains relatively soft, so over time not cracks are formed.
- Lever. An integral part of the sledgehammer is the handle. From the quality of this element depends not only on the impact force, but also employee safety. Classics of the genre are considered wooden handles. They are made from hardwood (birch, beech, walnut), their the price is the most affordable. The advantages of wood include reliability and maintainability. However, the lacquer coating is quickly erased, and the tree does not dampen the impact on the hands. Optimal for Worker looks fiberglass handle. Along with durability and reliable connection with the head, it provides maximum convenience and safety. The presence of a rubberized insert improves grip tool with palm of hand.
We selected in our review the 7 best sledgehammers. They are all wide represented in the trading network of Russia, approved by expert community and domestic consumers.
Rating of the best sledgehammers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 3 kg||1||Matrix 10922||1 610 rub.|
|2||KING TONY 7833-20||1,140 rub.|
|3||Fiskars 1020218||2 504 rub.|
|The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 6 kg||1||STAYER 20110-6||2 025 rub.|
|2||Sturm 1011-02-5000||1 880 rub.|
|3||Zubr 20111-4||1,536 rubles|
|The best sledgehammers weighing more than 10 kg||1||TOPEX 02A511||3 330 rub.|
The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 3 kg
In the lightest weight category, many models from domestic and foreign manufacturers. Sledgehammers weighing up to 3 kg help car mechanics, blacksmiths and summer residents. Experts noted following models.
The optimal combination of strength, reliability and affordable price possesses a sledgehammer Matrix 10922. This German-Taiwanese percussion the tool is designed for a wide range of locksmith and construction work. With it, you can not only build by scoring large hardware, but also to break the surface. According to experts, the forged head becomes the strength of the sledgehammer. She is made of 50 steel, firing pin hardened to a hardness of 52 HRc Fiberglass handle conveniently lies in a hand, it effectively absorbs shock loading due to rubber lining. With a weight of 3 kg, the tool has a length of 910 mm. Sledgehammer becomes the winner of our rating.
Users note a good sturdy grip, durable firing pin, durability of the model. The tool is well established in garage workshops and on construction sites.
- strong head with a firm brisk;
- comfortable fiberglass pen;
- acceptable price;
- not detected.
KING TONY 7833-20
On the second line of the ranking is a sledgehammer from Taiwan KING TONY 7833-20. It is made in a compact form, the tool weighs 2,188 kg, and the length of the handle is 305 mm. Square head made of strong steel, the surface of the striker is subjected to selective hardening. The manufacturer used wood to make the handle (hazel). A comfortable grip is made under the arm. The head is securely connected with handle with adhesive. Sledgehammer can be applied not only for the destruction of old structures, but also for accurate impacts when repairing a car.
Users are pleased with the compactness of the sledgehammer, so manages to carry out various locksmith work. The disadvantages are carry the soiled wood handle.
- solid firing pin;
- nice wooden handle;
- reliable connection;
- low price.
- easily soiled pen.
A true Scandinavian character during the execution of the most complex work demonstrates the Finnish sledgehammer Fiskars 1020218. True, the assembly of the product was organized in China, but this did not worsen tool quality. The model is designed to work with one hand, this is evidenced by the length of the handle (360 mm) and weight (2.17 kg). The head of the sledgehammer is made by forging, and the firing pin was exposed heat treatment and induction hardening. One of the workers sides of the head is pointed, which expands the scope of application tool. Convenience in work provides a two-component vibration reducing handle.
Users praise the reliability of the sledgehammer, convenient Grip and versatility. By cons experts include high price, so the product takes 3rd place in the ranking.
- head with different strikers;
- high strength;
- universality of application;
- two-component handle.
- high price.
The best sledge hammers weighing no more than 6 kg
Medium weight sledgehammers optimally combine compact sizes, reasonable price and universality of application. Such The tool is useful to builders, blacksmiths and homeowners. Specialists liked the following models.
Powerful impact ensures STAYER sledgehammer 20110-6_z02. The German-Chinese instrument weighs 6 kg, so on the handle lays a high load. Manufacturer made her out fiberglass, protecting a person’s hands from vibration rubberized corrugated overlay. She does not allow her hand to slip during a swing or hit. The steel head has been selectively quenched by high currents. frequency, so the firing pin has a high hardness. Experts on appreciated the technical parameters of the sledgehammer, giving her laurels rating winner.
Russian consumers have long considered STAYER products to be national brand name. Sledgehammer fully confirms this high rank, combining excellent technical specifications and affordable price.
- anti-slip surface of the handle;
- protection against vibration and shock;
- strong hardened head;
- compact sizes.
- not detected.
Sturm sledgehammer carries great destructive energy 1011-02-5000. The tool was developed by German engineers, and made in China. A distinctive feature of the model is an elongated handle (890 mm). It allows you to increase the shock load of a heavy head due to the big shoulder. The striker adequately withstands powerful blows, he made of tool steel with surface hardening parts. Rubberized fiberglass handle on one side securely held in hands and shock absorb shock impact. The model takes an honorable second place in the ranking.
Users are satisfied with the quality of manufacture of the sledgehammer, the convenience use, durability. But the scope of this tool is limited to the function of destruction.
- rubberized handle;
- comfortable grip;
- solid firing pin;
- powerful impact energy.
- limited scope.
The lowest price a domestic consumer can pay for Sledgehammer Zubr 20111-4_z02. The tool consists of a forged head weighing 4 kg, tool material used 55 steel. Both work surfaces are induction hardened method. The manufacturer also took care of the ease of use for user. Thanks to the special AVT technology, a handle with effective vibration damping. It provides good grip. palm of the hand, which is important for a heavy percussion instrument. The experts gave the model third place in our ranking.
Domestic craftsmen include an affordable price to the pluses of the sledgehammer, convenience in work, durability and safety. Yielding tool leaders in head weight.
- induction hardening of work surfaces;
- anti-vibration design;
- comfortable grip;
- low price.
- large overall dimensions.
The best sledgehammers weighing more than 10 kg
The heaviest sledgehammers allow you to quickly destroy the wall, forge metal or hammer a column into the ground. Only for work will require serious physical training. Best in super heavy categories recognized by one model.
The best tool for performing forging and dismantling Operations is TOPEX 02A511 sledgehammer. Polish weight development 11.05 kg has tremendous shock energy. Heavy head with with a combined striker weighing 10 kg is complemented by a wooden handle 989 mm long. Wood is protected from moisture and dirt by varnish coated. Experts praised the versatility of the model, thanks to the combined striker it is possible to expand the area application of a sledgehammer. The manufacturer firmly secured the handle to head, applying an additional adhesive composition.
In the category of super heavy percussion instruments it is difficult to find worthy competitor sledgehammer TOPEX 02A511. Users in reviews call it the most powerful and reliable, talking about the scale work done.
- heavy durable head;
- reliable connection of the head with the handle;
- protective varnish coating;
- high impact energy.
- high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.