Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Polymer pipes are increasingly replacing metal analogues from the construction market. The advantage of plastic is lightness, ease of processing, the possibility of self-assembly, corrosion resistance. It does not require a lot of tools to work, one of the necessary is scissors for cutting. They allow you to make a straight cut with one hand, spending a minimum of time preparing for subsequent welding. Different tools are required depending on the operating conditions and intensity of work. Our experts will help you understand the nuances of choosing scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes.
- How to choose a scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- VALTEC with a diameter of 40 mm
- Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm
- Virax RS-32
- Ridgid 1442N
- REMS ROS P 42P
- Universal scissors Fit 63mm
- MGF UNIQUE 63
How to choose a scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- Pipe diameter. One of the most important characteristics of a shear is the range of pipe diameters that the tool can handle. For laying a water supply system in a private house or installing a warm floor, pipes with a diameter of 10-20 mm are most often used. When installing heating systems, polypropylene pipes reinforced with aluminum foil are used. The pipes are up to 42 mm thick.
- Design features. There are several groups of scissors that can be found in the construction market.
- The most affordable tool is the ratchet shears. It is convenient to use them with one hand, cutting pipes with a diameter of 3-42 mm. But with prolonged work, the brush gets tired.
- With minimal effort, it is possible to cut polypropylene pipes with ratchet scissors. The maximum workpiece diameter is 63 mm.
- Cordless pipe cutters are professional tools. When working, the installer just needs to press the power button, and all the effort will be provided by the electric drive.
- Components of scissors. When choosing a tool for cutting propylene, it is necessary to thoroughly inspect the following structural details.
- The blade should not only be sharp, but also hard. Tool steel blades with hardening up to 60 HRC do not dull for the longest.
- The handle provides comfort at work. The presence of rubberized inserts allows you to work even with wet hands. A graduated scale on the handle can be a useful option.
- The support part should be wide, then the cut will be flat (90 degrees angle). When laying the pipe on the support, there should be no distortion or displacement.
- After each squeeze, it is important to quickly return the blade to its original position. Scissors with automatic retraction look optimal.
- The latch allows you to safely transport and store the tool. This can be a latch or bracket that holds the cutting parts in a closed position.
We have selected the 7 best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes for review. All of them are sold in stores in Russia. When allocating places, the opinion of experts and the feedback of amateur assemblers were taken into account.
Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes||1||VALTEC with a diameter of 40 mm||RUB 665|
|2||Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm||RUB 4,520|
|3||Virax RS-32||RUB 1,796|
|4||Ridgid 1442N||RUB 5 535|
|5||REMS ROS P 42P||RUB 6 650|
|6||Universal scissors Fit 63mm||RUB 2,700|
|7||MGF UNIQUE 63||RUB 6,150|
VALTEC with a diameter of 40 mm
The winner of our rating is the affordable and high-quality VALTEC scissors with a diameter of 40 mm. The manufacturer is confident in the reliability and durability of its product, confirming this with a 2-year warranty. Silumin was used to make the body, due to which it was possible to reduce the weight of the instrument to 0.406 kg. On average, scissors can withstand about 5000 cuts. The model can be used to cut pipes with a reinforcing layer thickness of up to 0.6 mm. The range of pipe products is quite wide, from polypropylene to metal polymers. The manufacturer has equipped the scissors with a ratchet mechanism and a spring-loaded breeding system.
Users are satisfied with the work of the scissors, they are most often bought by novice installers. The disadvantage is the cut curve on pipes of large diameter.
- high-quality manufacturing;
- lightness and compactness;
- affordable price;
- wide range of applications.
- rough cut of large diameter pipes.
Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm
The Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC scissors provide maximum precision in cutting pipes made of polypropylene, polyethylene and metal-plastic. The tool can handle pipe products up to 42mm in diameter. At the same time, it is convenient for the operator to work even with one hand. The manufacturer has made a powerful cutting mechanism, which has a beneficial effect on the accuracy and quality of the cutting edge. Power transmission is carried out by means of a toothed rack and a knife. The handle is equipped with a latch, which ensures safe storage and transportation of the scissors.
The model took second place in our rating. On the one hand, users are satisfied with the workmanship. But the high price and the difficulty of buying a new blade do not allow the product to bypass our winner.
- precise cut;
- high-quality assembly;
- ease of use;
- safe storage.
- it is difficult to buy replacement blades.
Scissors Virax RS-32 perfectly cope with cutting polymer pipes with a diameter of up to 32 mm. The French manufacturer has tried to make an accurate and convenient tool. The special V-shaped profile of the stainless steel blades ensures high cutting accuracy, eliminating deformation of the soft pipe. The lower handle has a universal shape, it fits comfortably in any hand. Thanks to the Soft Touch, the scissors do not slip even in a wet hand. A spring mechanism is responsible for opening; a special latch is designed to fix the blade in the closed position.
The scissors have proven to be excellent when it comes to small diameter pipes. The tool is compact and lightweight (0.195 kg). The limitation on the thickness of the pipes did not allow to rise higher in the rating of the model.
- precise cut;
- ease of use;
- lightness and compactness.
- limitation on the diameter of pipes.
The Ridgid 1442N scissors are easy to use. They can be used for precision cutting of pipes made of polyethylene, PVC, polypropylene and other plastic materials. The minimum workpiece diameter must be at least 6 mm, the maximum pipe size is limited to 42 mm. Experts refer to the advantages of the American tool as a reliable aluminum construction, no burrs after cutting, and a durable ratchet mechanism. Ergonomic grips located on the lower handle ensure comfortable work. They can be used to measure workpieces as a ruler.
The tool stopped one step away from the top three in our rating due to its heavy weight (0.74 kg), and it is not recommended to work with multilayer pipes.
- reliable design;
- accurate and high-quality cut;
- durable ratchet mechanism;
- ergonomic grips.
- heavy weight;
- for single-layer pipes only.
REMS ROS P 42P
German scissors REMS ROS P 42P will be an easy-to-use tool. They cut both thin (from 1 mm) and thick (42 mm) pipes with equal precision. At the same time, the experts appreciated the quality of the cut; no chips or burrs remain. Scissors easily cope with metal-plastic blanks and all types of plastic. The robust aluminum body and hardened interchangeable blades make it a top ranking tool. The reliable ratchet mechanism also deserves praise, thanks to which it is possible to cut thick-walled pipes with little effort. After cutting, the blade quickly returns back to speed up the work.
Professional installers have no complaints about the quality of German scissors. But the high price does not allow them to take a higher place in the rating.
- aluminium case;
- excellent cut quality;
- sharp hardened blades;
- ratchet mechanism.
- high price.
Universal scissors Fit 63mm
If the installer needs a pair of scissors that can cut pipes up to 63 mm in diameter, then the versatile FIT model should be considered. The Canadian development is designed to work with a wide range of plastic blanks. Thanks to the Chinese assembly, the price is attractive for the domestic consumer. At the same time, experts note the decent workmanship. So, the structure is made of aluminum alloy, so the reinforced pipes can be easily cut. The manufacturer used tool steel to make the blades. Experts have included the tool in the six of our rating.
Domestic users praise the scissors for their affordable price and versatility. There are complaints about the quality of the cut, often you have to sharpen the blade.
- affordable price;
- wide range of working diameters;
- durable body;
- high-quality assembly.
- rough cut;
- the cutting edge dulls quickly.
MGF UNIQUE 63
Our rating is closed by high-quality MGF UNIQUE 63 scissors. This model has universal qualities, allowing you to work with pipes with a diameter of up to 63 mm. Thanks to the sharp blade made of a special 1080 alloy, it is possible to obtain a perfect cut of polymers PP, PE, PVC, etc. The blade has a high hardness (55-58 HRC), so the sharpness of the edge will remain for a long time. The Italian manufacturer has installed a locking hook, which makes transportation and storage safe. Experts drew attention to the presence of a built-in chamfer. Low effort is required to cut pipes due to the lever mechanism.
Professional installers are complimentary about tool performance and durability. Only its price is very high.
- high hardness of the cutting edge;
- universality of application;
- built-in beveller;
- lever mechanism.
- high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.