Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The capital of Bavaria is famous for its traditional cuisine. That’s why many gourmets find Munich boring in gastronomic terms, despite the abundance of establishments. But such an opinion is mistaken as for at least two reasons. Firstly, Bavarian cuisine is very diverse and not limited to all familiar dishes, found in every bar. And secondly, talented chefs the best restaurants in Munich, even on the basis of ordinary recipes manage create culinary masterpieces.
We have chosen 7 establishments that will definitely not disappoint you, because that both food and service are top notch. And if you do not know where it’s nice to spend an evening in Munich or just have a tasty lunch, Check out our rating. Here are the places where you guaranteed to have a great time and enjoy the creations the best Munich chefs.
- Rating of the best restaurants in Munich
- Schwarzreiter tagesbar & restaurant
- Little London Bar & Grill
- El gaucho
Rating of the best restaurants in Munich
|Nomination||a place||restaurant name||rating|
|Rating of the best restaurants in Munich||1||Schwarzreiter tagesbar & restaurant||4.9|
|4||Little London Bar & Grill||4.7|
Schwarzreiter tagesbar & restaurant
There are only 13 Michelin-starred restaurants in Munich. Among of these establishments – Schwarzreiter Tagesbar & Restaurant, located at the Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski hotel. Title “Schwarzreiter” corresponds to the fashionability of the institution. This name is truly the royal dish that Ludwig II adored. Schwarzreiter is smoked char from freshwater Chiemsee lake located at 70 km from Munich. This dish is now number 1 in the restaurant. But, of course, and there are many other delicacies here. After all, the team of the institution makes every effort to make traditional Bavarian cuisine interesting and more healthy. To this end, “heavy” and “gross” are excluded ingredients, the classic recipe is being improved. As a result delicious dishes with a delicate and unusual flavor are obtained texture. And if you are not very familiar with the cuisine of Bavaria, you can safely rely on the recommendations of the waiters – the staff is here highly professional and friendly.
- Exclusive dishes.
- Helpful, helpful staff.
- The opportunity to order dishes for children that are not on the menu.
- An extensive wine list including about 500 items.
- Convenient work schedule (daily from 12.00 to 00.00).
- High prices (dinner at Schwarzreiter will cost an average of 150 Euro).
Broeding is one of Munich’s most popular restaurants the kitchen. High prices in this institution are fully justified, because the food here is amazingly delicious. And although the interior does not have any special frills, many guests say that it’s even for the best – nothing distracts from enjoying food in a warm, almost home atmosphere.
Manuel Reheis (both the chef and the co-owner of the establishment) does not change the innovative concept by which the restaurant adheres to since opening back in 1990. Only 6 on the menu dishes, and they are changed every night. So every time here You can try completely unique dishes, secrets cooking which staff is happy to share with guests.
Great Austrian wines and signature wines are also offered here. desserts. A visit to Broeding is not only new gastronomic impressions, but a real show where you can learn a lot of interesting and about cooking, and about the wines served.
- Non-standard conceptual approach.
- Friendly staff, high quality service.
- Very nice decoration.
- Large enough portions compared to other establishments this segment.
- Availability in the open air.
- It is advisable to reserve seats in advance, since almost always many visitors.
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays, and only works on weekdays. in the evening (from 18.00 to midnight).
In the heart of Munich, near the Marienplatz, is The largest gourmet center Dallmayr. The history of this institution begins back in the 17th century, when a shop was opened here delicacies. In the second half of the XIX century, Alois became the owner Dalmire – the world famous elite brand was born products.
Dallmayr Restaurant is located on the second floor of the building. Two small the hall is designed for only 30 guests in total, therefore the place must be booked in advance. The original interior in which elements of the colonial style harmoniously intertwined with modernity, contributes to a relaxed atmosphere.
Young talented chef Christoph Kunz joins in his culinary art classics of the best European cuisines with innovative approach. Even the most demanding foodies in full delighted with his unusual and fantastically delicious compositions.
- An interesting menu with many original dishes.
- Special offer for young people: 4-course menu plus wine and coffee at a fixed price.
- Magnificent wine list – more than 800 positions.
- Friendly and quick service.
- High prices (average check – from 120 Euro).
- Limited restaurant hours – the establishment opens only at 19.00, and on Sundays and Mondays it does not work.
Little London Bar & Grill
Little London – an institution that opened only a few years back, but quickly gained popularity among residents and guests Munich. The reasons are understandable: the atmosphere here is pleasant and tasty. food. The first was achieved thanks to thoughtful details an English-style interior where there is nothing superfluous, but all together makes you feel like you were in good old England.
The second is the merit of the chef. Konstantin Grailer cooks meat so that hardly anyone can remain indifferent. Steaks on American Grill is the main dish in Little London. Also on the menu many seafood dishes, great desserts. Restaurant may boast a good selection of alcoholic drinks while in the bar offer extraordinary cocktails, including non-alcoholic ones, organic, at very reasonable prices. In general, prices at this institutions do not bite, although above average. Serving of grilled meat with vegetables will cost about 35-45 Euros.
- The use of organic, pure seasonal products.
- There are highchairs.
- The presence of tables in the open air.
- The possibility of hosting large groups and banquets.
- The presence of vegetarian and gluten-free dishes on the menu.
- Long working hours: the facility closes at midnight on Sundays and Mondays, at two in the morning on Fridays and Saturdays and one in the morning on other days.
- The institution is open only in the evening (from 17.00).
Opened in 1971, Tantris is considered one of the best. gastronomic establishments not only in Munich, but throughout Germany. A high level is confirmed by two Michelin stars and others award winning. In 2009, Tantris was included in the TOP 50 of the best restaurants of the world.
This tremendous success is largely due to the chef. Tyrolean Hans Haas became famous for his culinary minimization when recipes not supplemented with new ingredients; on the contrary, everything is removed superfluous. At the same time, the master has favorite products, such as goose liver, from which it prepares a wide variety of dishes – starting from ordinary soup, and ending with such extravagant combinations like liver with eel and beets.
The original design of this restaurant does not attract visitors smaller than the menu. For young foodies, a visit to Tantris will become an excursion into the past, because the interior fully reproduces avant-garde style of the 70s.
- The author’s menu of the star chef.
- Free car parking.
- Business Lunches at a reduced cost.
- Daily update of dishes on the menu.
- Impeccable service.
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- High cost (average bill – 140 Euro, tasting menu, consisting of 5 dishes plus wine – 230 Euro).
This place will be appreciated by lovers of steaks – based on visitor reviews in El Gaucho meat is simply delicious. Indeed, the steak is this is the main course on the menu. But vegetarians will find a lot here interesting culinary offerings atypical for Germanic gastronomic institutions. After all, the second “specialization” of El Gaucho is Argentinean cuisine.
However, in the interior the theme of ownership in Argentina is practically not beaten. The hall is decorated in a European style, restrained and without design frills. Natural materials prevail and such the same natural color scheme, which creates a special atmosphere of comfort and peace of mind.
Booking is not necessary, but it is better to reserve preliminary, as the restaurant is often completely full – this place is held in high esteem by both residents of Munich and guests of the Bavarian capital Cities.
- Great location in central Munich.
- There are tables on the street where you can relax wonderfully in the warm the weather.
- The restaurant is open seven days a week, until 1.00 on weekdays, and until 23.00 in Sunday.
- The menu includes vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Hospitable, friendly staff.
- According to visitors reviews, Argentinean dishes “Europeanized” and do not exactly match the original recipes.
- Prices are above average.
Restaurant “Pfistermühle” is also on the lucky list Michelin stars The institution is located in the old a building where in the 16th century there was a mill and a bakery. Designers tried to preserve not only the spirit of antiquity, but also the history of this premises, and used very non-standard solutions (for example, lampshades are made from flour bags). There are many wood, forged elements that create a particularly harmonious the atmosphere.
The same harmony is felt in the menu, which is based on traditional bavarian cuisine. Chef interprets vintage dishes in a modern way. Fancy product combinations an original approach to serving is something that foodies can appreciate deservedly.
As for a restaurant of this class, Pfistermühle has enough loyal pricing policy. For example, lunch, including a snack, soup, main course and dessert, will cost about 70 Euro.
- Great location in the very center of Munich.
- A varied menu.
- The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday from 12.00 to 00.00.
- There is an outdoor terrace.
- Use of organic products.
- A small selection of vegetarian dishes.
- Visitor comments for slow service with large number of customers.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.