Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Imprints of this plant are found in fossils of the Paleozoic era. But this is far from the most interesting thing to tell about ginkgo. Offering readers a rating of the best remedies based on ginkgo biloba extract, first we want to talk about how it can be useful, and when its use is strongly discouraged.
- Remedies with ginkgo biloba – benefits and harms
- Rating of the best remedies with ginkgo biloba
- The best monopreparations with ginkgo biloba
- Bilobil forte
- Best combination remedies with ginkgo biloba
- Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6
- Doppelherz active ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6
- Ginkor fort
- Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS
Remedies with ginkgo biloba – benefits and harms
The active substances of this plant – terpenolactones and flavonoglycosides – have the following effects:
- They inactivate the factors of platelet aggregation, that is, they prevent their adhesion and the formation of blood clots. Acetylsalicylic acid preparations and other 'blood thinners' act in a similar way (the term is fundamentally incorrect but has taken root among the people).
- Improves microcirculation – that is, blood flow at the level of arterioles (the smallest arteries) and capillaries. This increases the supply of oxygen and other essential substances to tissues.
- Neutralize free radicals – highly active forms of oxygen-containing compounds with pronounced oxidizing properties. An excess of reactive oxygen species underlies many pathological processes, including ischemia, inflammation, and age-related changes.
- Protect nerve cells from oxygen deficiency (neuroprotective properties).
- Are able to regulate mood and reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Based on this, ginkgo-based preparations are most often recommended in the following situations:
- as a nootropic – with intense mental stress, asthenia after illness;
- to improve attention, memory, including after traumatic brain injuries, strokes, Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases (in the latter cases, the remedy is effective only for minor disorders);
- to correct tinnitus, hearing loss and / or dizziness caused by chronic disturbance of cerebral blood flow;
- to improve blood flow in the extremities with Raynaud's disease and other arteriopathies,
- with emotional instability, insomnia.
It should be noted that Ginkgo biloba extract is by no means a harmless herb and can cause undesirable effects:
- bleeding caused by a decrease in platelet activity, especially if ginkgo preparations are taken together with other drugs that reduce blood clotting ('Aspirin', heparins, warfarin, 'Xarelto').
- headache, dizziness,
- nausea, vomiting,
- allergic reactions – like any herbal remedy, ginkgo biloba is capable of provoking allergies; people with intolerance to cashews and mangoes need to be especially careful.
Based on this, there are contraindications to the use of products with ginkgo biloba:
- peptic ulcer or erosive gastritis in the acute stage – bleeding may occur;
- reduced blood clotting,
- acute disturbance of cerebral circulation,
- acute myocardial infarction,
- pregnancy, breastfeeding, age up to 18 years – for obvious reasons, it is impossible to establish safety for these groups experimentally.
Rating of the best remedies with ginkgo biloba
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best monopreparations with ginkgo biloba||1||Bilobil forte||750 RUB|
|Best combination remedies with ginkgo biloba||1||Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6||170 RUB|
|2||Doppelherz active ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6||378 r|
|3||Ginkor fort||415 RUB|
|4||Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS||RUB 2120|
The best monopreparations with ginkgo biloba
In this section of the rating, we have included the best products in which ginkgo extract is the only active ingredient. They have approximately the same indications and contraindications for use (listed just above), the only difference is in the manufacturers, the source of the substance and dosages.
The drug is produced in Slovenia, available in capsules containing 80 mg of active ingredient, 20 and 60 pieces per package. Take 2 – 3 times a day, the course of treatment is at least 3 months. In our opinion, this is one of the products with the best price-quality ratio.
- relatively affordable price,
- a fairly high content of the active substance in 1 capsule.
French remedy containing 40 mg of ginkgo biloba extract in tablets, 30 and 90 pieces per pack. It is necessary to take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals with half a glass of water.
In addition, the medicine is also available in the form of an oral solution. 1 ml of the solution is diluted in ½ glass of water and also drunk during or immediately after meals 3 times a day.
The course of treatment recommended by the manufacturer is at least 3 months.
Since the tablets contain lactose as an excipient, they are not recommended for people with lactase deficiency. The alcohol solution should not be taken by drivers and people with pathological alcohol dependence.
- different forms of release allow you to choose the most convenient,
- French drug, the substance is produced in Ireland,
- registered as a medicinal product.
- high price,
- relatively low amount of active ingredient.
This drug of the well-known company 'Evalar' differs from many of its products in that it is registered as a drug, and not as a dietary supplement. Available in capsules of 40, 60, 80 and 120 mg, 30, 60 and 90 pieces per package, which allows you to choose the optimal form of release depending on the recommended dose and duration of the course
The frequency of administration depends on the dosage: if capsules of 40 and 80 mg should be taken 3 times a day, then 120 mg – 1 – 2 times a day, depending on the specific pathology.
- quite economical in comparison with foreign counterparts,
- variety of release forms.
Best combination remedies with ginkgo biloba
In this section of the ranking of the best products, we will look at drugs in which Ginkgo biloba extract is combined with other substances. This combination can both enhance the nootropic effect of ginkgo, and highlight its ability to normalize blood flow and vascular tone, or potentiate antioxidant properties. Therefore, the indications of the combined funds are somewhat wider than those of the monopreparations of ginkgo from the previous section of the rating.
Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6
Russian dietary supplement. It is produced in tablets of 300 mg, 150 mg of which are glycine 3 mg – for vitamin B6. The manufacturer does not indicate the exact amount of ginkgo biloba, limiting himself to information on the content of flavonodides (40 mg) and flavonol glycosides (60 mg). In general, we can say that the amount of active ingredients is quite high: so the content of vitamin B6 in one tablet is three times higher than the minimum recommended daily dose. This can be important for those who are wary of taking large amounts of vitamins.
The complex composition of the product should enhance the nootropic effect of ginkgo extract, as well as its ability to normalize the emotional state with various kinds of asthenic manifestations. At the same time, his price is quite affordable, even taking into account the need to take it three times a day.
Of the shortcomings, it should be noted that the manufacturer did not bother to list all the contraindications for ginkgo biloba, limiting himself only to individual intolerance, pregnancy and lactation, as well as possible undesirable effects – this can mislead buyers.
- components are selected to enhance the impact on attention, memory, mood;
- affordable price.
- not all contraindications and possible adverse events are indicated.
Doppelherz active ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6
Dietary supplement 'sharpened' specifically to improve the state of the central nervous system. Contains 20 mg of ginkgo biloba extract, 2 mg of vitamin B6, 1.6 mg of vitamin B2 and 1.4 mg of B6. All these vitamins contribute to the restoration of the normal structure and function of nerve cells, and together they potentiate the action of each other.
The package contains 30 tablets that need to be taken once a day – thus, it is enough for a month of use. The recommended course of admission is 2 months.
Among the shortcomings, it is worth noting the relatively low content of the actual ginkgo extract. Perhaps that is why this manufacturer did not list all possible contraindications to the use of this plant.
- a complex composition that helps to normalize the function of the nervous system.
- relatively low price.
- not all possible contraindications are indicated.
Another French drug. In addition to ginkgo biloba extract, it contains troxerutin and heptaminol. Troxerutin restores the density of the vascular wall, reducing its permeability, reduces edema. Heptaminol maintains peripheral vascular tone.
This remedy is hardly reasonable to use as a nootropic, since the content, in fact, of ginkgo extract in it is small – only 14 mg. But it works great as a means of restoring microcirculation and reducing swelling. Therefore, its main indication is varicose veins and the resulting venous insufficiency, which provokes swelling and heaviness in the legs. It can also be used for acute hemorrhoids.
The package contains 30 capsules. Take 2 capsules 3 times a day, for a week for hemorrhoids and at least a month for chronic venous insufficiency.
Among the contraindications are not only standard for ginkgo extract, but also increased thyroid function (hyperthyroidism), high blood pressure and simultaneous administration with antidepressants from the group of monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- maintains normal vascular tone,
- reduces swelling.
- high price.
Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS
The combination of ubiquinone and ginkgo extract in this American dietary supplement aims to mutually enhance antioxidant properties, protect against ischemia and increase exercise tolerance. Recommended in the complex therapy of coronary heart disease. A positive effect in this direction was confirmed at the end of the 90s by the Department of Cardiology of the Research Center of the Moscow Medical Academy. THEM. Sechenov. It can also be used as an antioxidant in the complex therapy of diabetes, obesity, chronic fatigue syndrome, atherosclerosis, and chronic inflammation. We draw the attention of readers that the expression 'as part of complex therapy' means that the remedy is by no means used as the main one, but only supplements the medications prescribed by the doctor.
There are 100 capsules in a jar, each containing 370 mg of ginkgo biloba leaf powder and 30 mg of coenzyme Q10. Considering that this dietary supplement does not contain a standardized plant extract, and the powder of crushed leaves of a plant, the actual content of active substances is not as high as it seems: if the standardized extract contains about 24% active flavonoids, then in a dry leaf it is about 4%.
It is recommended to take 1 capsule 3 times a day for at least a month. An increase in dosage is acceptable on the recommendation of the attending physician.
Among the shortcomings, it is necessary to note the rather high price of the product and the absence of a complete list of contraindications, which is traditional for dietary supplements manufacturers.
- antioxidant properties,
- a wide range of indications for use.
- high price,
- not all possible contraindications are indicated.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.