Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Pipe cutters are used when it is necessary to cut off the edge of the pipe with high precision or so that no burrs remain. In that plan it is a more effective tool than a hacksaw or grinder. The principle of operation is to rotate the tool around the pipe with gradual pressure of the cutting roller or cutting the workpiece upper blade to the fixed mate. If you need such inventory, then read how to choose a pipe cutter and which models are the best according to experts and buyers.
- How to choose a pipe cutter
- Rating of the best pipe cutters
- RIDGID 153 32-90 mm 36597
- KNIPEX KN-9020185
- RIDGID 35S 29963 (6-35 mm)
- Rothenberger MINI MAX 70015
- NEO 3-35 mm 02-010
- Jonnesway AN040019 (AN040019A)
- Pipe cutter for metal pipes 25 mm KRAFTOOL
How to choose a pipe cutter
First, pay attention to key selection options. pipe cutter:
- Minimum pipe diameter. Bracket design allows you to create emphasis between the cutting roller and the reciprocal only for a certain diameter. Pipe cutters differ with a minimum a valid indicator of 3-6 mm, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 mm, which is important consider when choosing a tool for specific tasks.
- The maximum diameter of the pipe. Similarly, and take away the cutting roller from thrust is possible, depending on the size of the bracket and device guides, up to a certain value. The biggest the diameter in the pipe cutter is an indicator of 300 mm.
- Convenience of retention. The tool is held by two hands, and the operator will have to constantly rotate the screw that moves roller. The flywheel should have a relief for ease of exposure, and the bracket of the case does not slip out of the hands.
- Mechanism. Telescopic device implies gradual extension of the cutting roller. It is slower option characterized by a long service life and the possibility of use on dissimilar materials. Ratchet gear allows you to bring the pipe cutter only on one side and gradually squeeze the blades, but this is only suitable for plastic and metal plastic. The scissor version is simple and quick to use, but designed For rubber hose only.
- Weight. The mass of inventory affects hand fatigue when long operation. Tool weight varies from 100 g to 2 kg
- Pipe material. Cutting roller and screw thread Designed to work with certain materials by density. it may be copper, steel, rubber, plastic or metal. Misuse of the pipe cutter will result in quick dull snap or disk failure.
Rating of the best pipe cutters
Now consider which pipe cutters got more positive reviews and experts liked their characteristics. it simplifies the selection and helps not regret the money spent.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best pipe cutters||1||RIDGID 153 32-90 mm 36597||10 429 rub.|
|2||KNIPEX KN-9020185||4 514 rub.|
|3||RIDGID 35S 29963 (6-35 mm)||4 664 rub.|
|4||Rothenberger MINI MAX 70015||2 079 rub.|
|5||NEO 3-35 mm 02-010||1 698 rub.|
|6||Jonnesway AN040019 (AN040019A)||731 rub|
|7||Pipe cutter for metal pipes 25 mm KRAFTOOL||809 rub|
RIDGID 153 32-90 mm 36597
Among the leaders of this product group is the American Ridgid roller cutter for pipe diameters from 32 to 90 mm. The tool is designed to work with copper and brass, therefore they cannot cut steel. The case consists of a metal C-shaped frame reinforced by expansion in the stop zone. Two responders Roller equipped with bearings. The slide also moves on hinges, which increases the rigidity of the structure and reduces backlash. Buyers in reviews like the quick-change cutting feature roller placed in the ball retainer. Removal and installation snap does not require the use of a tool and occurs in two touch.
We marked the pipe cutter as the best because of the ability to quickly change the working diameter from 32 to 90 mm. In competitors’ models for it takes a long time to twist the clamping screw, and here is provided tooth extraction and fast linear feed of the guide forward or back. When working with pipes of different diameters, such functionality save time on tool preparation.
- bearings in the slide;
- no backlash;
- comfortable flywheel;
- sturdy frame.
- weighs almost 1 kg;
- Do not cut steel;
- high price.
In second place is a scissor-type pipe cutter having a lower stop and pressure knife on top. The goods are made directly in Germany and is intended for cutting plastic as well as rubber fiberglass reinforced hoses. The maximum pipe diameter is allowed up to 25 mm. When cutting hard plastic does not crack, but the model is only suitable for thin-walled pipe options. During transportation can be fixed in the clamped position so that it does not become dull. IN Product reviews praised for quality German assembly and ability replace the blade. For this, two fixing screws are provided for hexagon. The knife itself is made of tool steel and hardened when heated in oil, which increases its resistance to wear or dullness.
Our experts noted the pipe cutter as the best in ergonomics. Him thick arms that fit comfortably in your hand. Even after a whole day of work, no dropsy forms from it. Scissor mechanism so thoughtful that it is impossible for them to pinch their fingers.
- simplicity and speed of use;
- German assembly
- there is a spring for opening the handles;
- Lock for transportation in your pocket.
- high price;
- only for small pipes of 25 mm made of soft materials.
RIDGID 35S 29963 (6-35 mm)
The TOP-3 includes a pipe cutter for cutting steel. He has a particularly durable a roller whose edge does not jam even when working with highly alloyed metals. Powerful frame design with reinforced “lips” can withstand increased loads. Tool designed for pipe diameters of 6-35 mm, therefore it is actively used in creation of heated towel rails and turning works. The model weighs everything 400 g, therefore it does not tire the user during operation of 3-6 hours a day. The owners of the pipe cutter in the reviews are particularly pleased with the thick clamping screw that does not slip even in sweating hands. At work with titanium alloys and a 1.5 mm wall cross section cuts gently and without slipping.
The product has been reviewed due to the especially easy rotation around cut pipe, which is located on six independent bearings. This ensures reliable holding of the workpiece and less error in maintaining the accuracy of the cut. Another pipe cutter universal in cut materials, as it is easy to handle with both stainless steel and soft metals, as well as plastic.
- thick comfortable flywheel;
- contour strong frame;
- there is a spare cutting roller in the kit;
- universal in use.
- resizing only by rotating the screw;
- It is delivered in a blister – there is no place to store;
- high price.
Rothenberger MINI MAX 70015
And here is another German pipe cutter, only from the manufacturer Rothenberger. The model is designed for cutting copper pipes. The tool is made of steel and equipped with two thrust and one cutting roller. Replacing the equipment is carried out using a curly screwdrivers. The flywheel is covered with plastic and does not slip in the hands. The minimum diameter of the cut pipe is 3 mm, and maximum 28. In the reviews, all buyers confirm that it is professional pipe cutter that stands everyday operation and has a long resource.
The model attracted experts with its compact size. IN Unlike competitors, this pipe cutter does not have a protruding handle. Despite this, it is comfortable to hold thanks to its ergonomic shape bottom of the case. The clamping screw is located here with the opposite side, closer to the thrust rollers, which is even more reduced dimensions. The surface of the frame is equipped with reliefs, facilitating tool holding. The model weighs only 270 g. If you need a pocket pipe cutter that would always be with you, Pay attention to this item.
- high-quality German assembly;
- ergonomic body shape;
- more affordable price;
- light weight 270 g.
- if working without a lathe, then rotate the pipe cutter uncomfortable;
- no quick resizing system.
NEO 3-35 mm 02-010
Polish manufacturer NEO offers roller pipe cutter for pipes with a cross section of 3-35 mm, made of aluminum or copper. At massive handle with reliefs, which is convenient rotate. The strong frame does not bend during operation. Weigh 580 g of goods, so less stress on the hands. Full frame collapsible, and if something breaks, then everything can be repaired. IN customer reviews praise the product for reliability. Owners celebrate the lack of skew and the closure of the cut line strictly at one point, which improves the quality of work and facilitates subsequent docking of the ends. The cutting roller does not wedge, and from the factory in it enough lubrication.
We considered the pipe cutter to be the best due to the presence of three thrust rollers instead of two, like most competitors. It does not allow to fidget pipe with a diameter of 30-35 mm, but allows you to work with small with diameters of 3-5 mm, placing them between two rollers. If you often have to cut, then thick, then thin pipes, pay attention on this tool.
- easy movement along the guides;
- the pipe does not wedge during the cutting process;
- cut line closes at one point;
- thick screw.
- expensive equipment;
- replacing the cutting roller only with additional tools.
Jonnesway AN040019 (AN040019A)
In this pipe cutter, the cutting roller is fixed on a stationary bracket, and the supporting rollers are placed on a retractable screw. The movable part has additional guides on the housing for stiffness. The pipe cutter is designed for cut plastic and metal. Into him pipes with a diameter of 3-28 mm can be inserted. Open screw design facilitates lubrication, but does not protect against dust, chips and water. Judging by reviews, customers like the chamfer edge cleanliness at the pipe edge after cutting. Users They say that it’s nice to hold the tool in your hands and it doesn’t have any play. The simple design does not break and will last a long time.
This is the best pipe cutter in terms of price and quality. Despite cost several times cheaper than European brands, Taiwanese The product gently cuts and leaves no chipping. To split a plastic pipe with a diameter of 25 mm, it will take only 5 turns. IN reviews on the pages of online stores the product has a rating of five stars.
- case made of high strength steel and aluminum;
- suitable for cutting a cross section of 3 mm;
- comfortable flywheel;
- stainless steel castors;
- simple and reliable design.
- the thread is not closed from the chips;
- it is worse to control the immersion of the roller due to its location in the upper part (closed by the workpiece during operation);
- you need to control the force of the clip – a little bit transferred and the disk has broken;
- Replace accessories with a screwdriver only.
Pipe cutter for metal pipes 25 mm KRAFTOOL
Finishes the review of the German ratchet pipe cutter KRAFTOOL brand. The product is intended for cutting plastic pipes with diameter up to 25 mm. The lower part in the form of a semicircle is intended for emphasis and support the workpiece, and the upper serves as an immersion knife. The movement of the blade is carried out in a stepwise manner, which does not give plastic pipe to flatten. A loop is provided at the end of the handles, locking tool in closed position for safe transportation. When the knife is dull, you can disassemble the pipe cutter and re-sharpen the blade or replace it. Most often this goods are bought by installers of plumbing and heating systems. Model weighs 310 g and does not tire your hands. To owners in reviews like the way the instrument lies in the hand. Although in the characteristics indicates the maximum diameter of the pipe 25 mm, in fact the pipe cutter will cope with 32 mm.
The pipe cutter is recognized by experts as the most hardy with intensive operation. It is made entirely of metal, so it will not crack when falling. Despite the performance of iron, the handles have three-dimensional shape and comfortable for girth. Powder painted metal spraying to protect it from corrosion. The cutting knife itself is cast from chromium-vanadium steel (Cr-V), so it retains sharpening for a long time.
- light weight 310 g facilitates grip;
- ergonomic shape of handles;
- powder coated;
- completely made of metal;
- keeps grinding for a long time.
- if you don’t “aim” along the cut line, you can cut the pipe crooked;
- only for soft materials.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.