Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The burning of natural gas and other fuels contributes to the release of harmful waste products that are difficult distinguishable by human sense of smell. Gas supply communications to counter or stove may become leaky due to cracked hose or loose fitting winding. To find leaks, use gas sensors that recognize the composition of the air mixture. Them used to configure heating boilers, geysers, checking flanges and elbows. From the sensitivity and quality of the device depends on the performance of other equipment and human life, therefore, it is important to choose the right leak detector. This will help our review of the best gas analyzers and expert advice on choosing.
- How to choose a gas analyzer
- Rating of the best gas analyzers
- Review of the best portable gas analyzers
- Testo 316-1
- MEGEON 08002 K0000017420
- Testo 317-2
- MEGEON 08005
- Mastech MS6310 65299
- The best stationary gas analyzers
- CEM DT-802 481769
- BG 2202 Brennenstuhl 1290460
How to choose a gas analyzer
When deciding to buy a gas analyzer, pay attention to the key The parameters described in the characteristics of the device:
- Type of fuel and detectable gas. Depends on where and for what tasks can I use the device. When burning protozoa fuels such as natural gas or diesel fuel are enough simple gas analyzer designed to trap residues carbon monoxide (CO₂). When it’s important not only to find a leak harmful flow, but also evaluate the overall environmental friendliness of the exhaust, use models capable of detecting nitric oxide (NO₂). If in fuel oil is used fuel oil, a sensitive device is needed also to sulfur dioxide (SO₂). For solid fuels gas detectors are used, the sensors of which are protected from increased temperature and dust. When looking for a leak of unburned gases, then choose devices with sensitivity to methane (CH₄) or propane (CH₃N).
- Range of measurement and sensitivity. Optimal the recognition range for CO₂ residues is 0-10000 ppm But the sensitivity of leak detectors is different – some devices capture any values above 0, while others only from 100 ppm. Than lower threshold is better.
- Interface. This is another important parameter that affects usability of a gas analyzer. Some models have only color diode circuit, where each color is a certain level harmful gas content. Others have a digital display designation or variable scale, which gives more accurate results.
- Response time. So that the device analyzes the composition of the gas and gave out the presence of harmful components, it will take time. Interval can last from 2 to 60 seconds. When you need to do a lot measurements, choose a faster gas analyzer.
- Dimensions and weight. Portable devices are more convenient to carry with by themselves when they are compact and light. Leak detector sizes may be from 50x20x100 mm to 70x40x200 mm, and the weight varies from 100 to 500 g
- Battery capacity The gas sensor can work from battery or batteries, which lasts for 3-10 hours continuous operation. The larger the time indicator, the less often you have to interrupt for recharging or change batteries.
- Permissible operating conditions. Some readers can apply only at temperatures from +4 degrees. Others save correct operation of the sensors at negative values up to -10º C. If you have to take samples in unheated rooms (attics, basements, etc.), choose the second option.
Gas analyzers are mobile and stationary. Just such Categories contains our TOP 7.
Rating of the best gas analyzers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best portable gas analyzers||1||Testo 316-1||19 000 rub.|
|2||MEGEON 08002 K0000017420||12 329 rub.|
|3||Testo 317-2||12 000 rub.|
|4||MEGEON 08005||9 115 rub.|
|5||Mastech MS6310 65299||4 490 rub.|
|The best stationary gas analyzers||1||CEM DT-802 481769||9 7000 rub.|
|2||BG 2202 Brennenstuhl 1290460||1 999 rub.|
Review of the best portable gas analyzers
Now that you know the basic options gas analyzer, let’s move on to the list of the best models. First consider portable devices that are convenient to carry, to take air samples in apartments or near the gas equipment in enterprises. The experts selected these products, Having examined their characteristics and reviews.
In the first place is the gas analyzer from the Testo brand, which has a rectangular case with dimensions 190x57x42 mm and supplemented flexible probe. This product is approved by DVGW standard. The device is powered by Varta removable battery, not rechargeable type. Lower threshold The response is at the level of 100 ppm. The gas analyzer has no screen, and the interface consists of two indicators. If yellow lights up, then the concentration of СО₂ does not exceed 200 ppm. When red shines this indicates an undesirable gas leak of 1000 ppm. The sensor can be operated at a temperature of + 4 … + 45 degrees. The battery lasts for 5 hours of battery life.
In our opinion, the gas analyzer is the best in response speed. The first start-up will require a warm-up of 30 s, after which a temporary gas analysis value takes 5 seconds. That’s how much will pass time before the device informs about the leak. If a it is required to take samples in numerous places at the facility, with this to get the job done faster.
- strong case which does not break when falling;
- convenient flexible probe;
- autonomy up to 5 hours;
- weighs 300 g
- no display – you can get data on the concentration of gas СО газа only approximate (it can be 2000 or 8000 ppm);
- high price;
- relatively large body;
- works only in the positive temperature range.
MEGEON 08002 K0000017420
In second place is the product from the domestic brand “MEGEON”. The gas analyzer has dimensions of 158x65x30 mm and weighs 276 g. Range measurement is 0-10000 ppm. The device is powered by the built-in 1.0 Ah battery, which lasts 10 hours. The model there is a flexible probe, 360 mm long, which facilitates the flow of the sensor into hard to reach places. In low light it turns on display backlight. If the gas norms are exceeded, then it works sound and light alarm. Response time after warming up is 10 s. Customer reviews like the compact case with soft linings in which the goods are delivered. It makes it easier its frequent transportation and careful storage.
We considered the gas analyzer the best in terms of price and quality. Despite the assembly of goods in China, it uses imported sensor from a European manufacturer, which provides accurate determination of gas composition. Customer reviews confirm reliability, and they even say that this equipment helped find several major leaks and prevent an accident.
- sound notification of excess concentration;
- large screen with digital designation;
- included battery and power adapter;
- there is a backlight;
- long life without breakdowns.
- the sensor tip is made of plastic and may melt if bring to the heated elements of the exhaust system;
- short charging wire.
And here is another mobile gas analyzer from “Testo”, which able to work under temperature conditions of -5 … + 45 degrees and detect leaks of propane or methane. To buyers in reviews like ease of management, for which only one button. Pressing it starts the device, after which it automatically analysis of the sample and highlighting of the result. Data are displayed on the LCD as an ascending bar. The taller she is the higher the concentration of CO₂ in the air. The sensor is compact and weighs 170 g. The product is delivered in a case, so it is convenient transport so as not to damage the screen. There is a loop on the case for threading the lace so that the gas analyzer remains on the wrist in the moment when you need to quickly free your hands.
The model is notable for a measuring range from 0 to 20,000 ppm, when for most others the upper value does not exceed 10,000 ppm. This will help not only to find the leak, but also to determine the magnitude losses to find out which section of the gas pipeline is required repair first.
- simple operation;
- loop and lace included;
- there is a cover for storage;
- can work at subzero temperatures to -5 degrees.
- batteries last for 4 hours;
- lower threshold of 50 ppm;
- There is no digital indication of the result.
This gas analyzer from a domestic brand is very similar to mobile phone. It fits easily in the hand and has a large display. The display shows the amount of CO₂ and temperature air. Management is carried out by three buttons, therefore Dealing with the device is not difficult. The device is powered by two batteries of 1.5 V. Its operation is allowed under ambient temperature 0 … + 50º С. The measuring range is 0 … 1000 ppm. IN In a dark room, you can turn on the backlight. But response time here is not the fastest and reaches 60 s. In reviews, buyers praise instrument accuracy and sensitivity to even small leaks gas. Of the shortcomings, a loud squeak is noted, unpleasant for hearing.
Our experts rated the gas analyzer as the best in terms of mobility. This is the most compact and lightweight device that exist on sale. Its dimensions are 55x29x135 mm, and weighs it is only 100 g. If you need to wear a leak detector regularly with yourself, then think about purchasing this option.
- battery indicator;
- shows the current air temperature;
- convenient to hold in hands;
- bright backlight display.
- response time is 60 seconds;
- can be used only at positive temperatures;
- unpleasant alarm sound;
- The measuring range is limited to 1000 ppm.
Mastech MS6310 65299
Completes the category of portable gas analyzers product from Chinese brand Mastech. This is a quality device assembled on factory and meeting ISO quality standards. Leak detector has one button to turn on, as well as a volume control sound alarm. Dimensions of the case are 172x70x64 mm, and it weighs 330 g. At the top is provided for mounting a flexible probe with a length 385 mm for easy access to tight spaces. Response threshold starts at 50 ppm. Operate the gas analyzer only at a positive ambient temperature. For you will need 4 batteries of 1.5 V each, but this charge enough for 9 hours of autonomy, which the owners like in the reviews. The product is delivered in a bag that solves the issue of storage and transportation.
This gas analyzer is the best in price and speed of response. Despite the budget class of goods, the model is able to fulfill calculations in 2 seconds. True, to return to the original start value, you need to keep it in clean air for about 7 minutes.
- strong housing, resistant to cracking during fall;
- The batteries last for 9 hours of battery life;
- simple operation;
- 385 mm long flexible probe.
- no display;
- sensitivity starts from 50 ppm;
- reset to 7-10 minutes;
- goes to readiness level in 2 minutes.
The best stationary gas analyzers
Stationary gas analyzers are optimal for installation near boiler or geyser in the boiler room of a private house. Still them used in public places (schools, hospitals, offices and cabinets) to receive air quality data and regulate ventilation, as well as the operation of the ventilation system. Acceptable the threshold for quality air is 800 rpm. Above that The numbers of the composition are considered satisfactory or dangerous.
CEM DT-802 481769
This model is designed to recognize carbon dioxide in in the air. She has a rectangular housing designed to accommodate on the wall. At the back there is a hole for fixing on a self-tapping screw. The device has a sensitivity in the range from 0 to 9999 ppm. His can be operated at temperatures from -5 to +50 degrees. IN it’s easy to see in the dark thanks to the bright backlight screen. The gas sensor works correctly when humidity is from 1 to 90%. Leak trap error does not exceed 5%. Stylish design allows the use of goods in public places and offices.
The wall gas analyzer is the best response time, amounting to 2 seconds. As soon as CO₂ begins to enter the room, the device will immediately notify you with an audible alarm. Another sensor is convenient direct connection to the mains, so it can be keep it on around the clock. The presence of watches on a large screen like customers in the reviews and extends the functionality of the device.
- large display, the readings of which can be seen from a distance of 2-3 m;
- round-the-clock operation is allowed;
- works correctly at -5 ° C degrees;
- There is a screen backlight.
- for stationary use only;
- no battery – only mains power.
BG 2202 Brennenstuhl 1290460
The second product worthy of a place in the review of the best is BG 2202 Brennenstuhl. The gas analyzer from the German brand refers to ceiling-mounted models and is installed above the stoves or in the boiler room. It can be used in a private house, in the country or in the apartment. The device is connected to a 220 V network and in continuous mode scans indoor air quality. When the leak detector detects an increased concentration of carbon dioxide then sound alarm is triggered. Red on the case a diode that does not go out until the siren is turned off on the remote. This helps to quickly locate the leak in a spacious building, where such ceiling sensors can be 10-20 units.
We found the gas analyzer to be the best in volume Alerts If the sensor is located on the ground floor of a building with a length of 100 m, then when triggered, it will be heard on the second floor in opposite end. This characteristic can save lives and the product is relevant for operation in sanatoriums, hotels and other places where a large number of people live.
- affordable price;
- easy mounting to the ceiling;
- everything necessary for fixing is already included;
- light indication of control.
- works only at dangerous concentration of 40%;
- if the house has a power outage, then the detector inactive.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.