Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Duct fans allow maintaining an optimal microclimate in homes and industrial premises. They are electrical appliances consisting of a housing, motor and impeller. The main task of the duct fan is to move air masses along the ventilation ducts. This can be the removal of polluted air from the room or the organization of the influx of masses from the street. In each specific case, a device with a specific set of technical characteristics is required. Expert advice will help you make the right choice.
- How to choose a duct fan
- Rating of the best duct fans
- VENTS TT Silent-M 200
- Soler & Palau TD-350/125 SILENT
- VENTS TT PRO 200
- Soler&Palau OZEO-E
- Blauberg TURBO
- MMotors VOK-T
- Ballu FLOW 125
How to choose a duct fan
- The size. First of all, you should decide on the size and shape of the bends. The easiest way to do this is when the ventilation system has already been installed. For round pipes, a duct fan with outlets of the same shape and suitable diameter is selected. In the case of square or rectangular shafts, it is better to buy appropriate fans.
- Performance. The second important parameter is performance. The technical characteristics indicate such an indicator as air exchange. It can fluctuate in the range of 100-2000 cubic meters. m / h. For a private house, a duct fan with a capacity of 100-500 cubic meters looks optimal. m / h. But for retail and commercial premises, more powerful models are required (1000-2000 cubic meters / h).
- Engine power is not always directly proportional to performance. The more powerful the motor, the easier it is to pump air, the less the load on its components and components. The power range ranges from 10 to 500 W, it is better to choose models with a small margin. For example, if the project specifies a 130 W fan, then it is optimal to set the 150-160 W model.
- Noise level. For residential premises, the noisy operation of the device can become an urgent problem after the installation of the ventilation system. Manufacturers indicate the noise level in dB (15-100). Many users, from their own experience, consider electrical appliances with a noise level of up to 40 dB to be low-noise models. A higher sound load begins to strain, especially when the duct fan is directly in the room.
- Materials. As for the materials used in the manufacture of devices, most often manufacturers use plastic and metal. Steel casings and impellers are considered more reliable, but they weigh more and are more expensive. Plastic products benefit from quiet operation, lightness and low cost. Owners of private houses prefer to buy them, despite the lower strength.
Our review includes the 7 best duct fans. When compiling the rating, the conclusions of the expert community and feedback from domestic consumers were taken into account.
Rating of the best duct fans
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best duct fans||1||VENTS TT Silent-M 200||RUB 8,250|
|2||Soler & Palau TD-350 /125 SILENT||RUB 10,750|
|3||VENTS TT PRO 200||RUB 4,040|
|4||Soler&Palau OZEO-E||RUB 10,750|
|5||Blauberg TURBO||RUB 4,890|
|6||MMotors VOK-T||RUB 5,300|
|7||Ballu FLOW 125||RUB 2,717|
VENTS TT Silent-M 200
Duct fan VENTS TT Silent-M 200 perfectly combines high performance (1020 cubic meters per hour) and low noise level (36 dB). The experts highly appreciated the waterproof design of the polymer-coated steel case. Due to the special design of the impeller, the model is quite economical in energy consumption. The optimal combination of all technical parameters allowed the device to become the winner of our rating.
Users pay attention to the possibility of tilting and rotating the duct fan. They confirm the silent operation of the device, a sealed terminal box, and motor overload protection. On the downside, it should be noted that there is no regulator in the kit for external speed control.
- high performance;
- tilt and swivel functions;
- moisture-proof design;
- motor overload protection.
- lack of external control.
Soler & Palau TD-350/125 SILENT
The Spanish duct fan Soler & Palau TD-350/125 SILENT is somewhat inferior in power to the winner of the rating. The model is ideal for a small ventilation system in a private house. Its capacity is 360 cubic meters. m / h. Experts believe that the main advantage of the device is silent operation (20 dB), the installation diameter is 125 mm. The casing has reliable protection against moisture, high-quality sound insulation does not allow the sound of rotating blades to penetrate into living rooms. The model has 2 speeds, the rotation mode changes in steps.
Professional plumbing installers note the durability of the fan. Some of the products installed by them have been working without interruption for more than 8 years. Only a high price can be included in the liability.
- silent work;
- high-quality assembly;
- good moisture protection.
- high price.
VENTS TT PRO 200
The Ukrainian channel fan VENTS TT PRO 200 was among the top three in the rating for an affordable price and excellent air exchange (1040 cubic meters per hour). The powerful 108 W motor generates high flow rates. The installation diameter of the device is 200 mm. The model has compact dimensions and low weight (3.95 kg). The waterproof design of the case makes the device work durable. The fan has two speed modes, which allows you to customize the ventilation system to suit your needs.
With all the positive qualities of the model, it also has a significant drawback. The fan generates a loud howling sound (52 dB) during operation. Many users are annoyed by it, while they note the combination of affordable price and high performance.
- acceptable price;
- waterproof housing;
- high intensity of air exchange;
- compactness and lightness.
- loud howling sound.
Мультизональный аппарат Soler&Palau OZEO-E предназначен для организации вентиляции, состоящей из нескольких шахт. The duct fan is designed for large private houses and commercial buildings. The hood can be organized from bathrooms and kitchens with a high level of humidity. The diameter of all nozzles is 125 mm. The manufacturer completes the model with three plugs, with which you can block the openings of the suction pipes. The modest capacity (420 cubic meters per hour) did not allow it to take a place in the top three of the rating.
The users are satisfied with the work of the multichannel Spanish fan, it does not generate strong noise during operation (38 dB). For ease of use, it is better to purchase an additional regulator from the same manufacturer.
- multi-channel design;
- moisture-proof design;
- quiet work.
- modest performance.
The German channel Blauberg TURBO fan is available in six different versions. They differ in productivity (137-1750 cubic meters per hour), and are united by their moisture-resistant design and high-quality assembly. The body of the device is made of impact-resistant plastic, the diameter of the air ducts depends on the version (100-315 mm). Thanks to its special design, the impeller motor unit can be removed without dismantling the entire device. The two-speed single-phase motor has overload protection, and the fan is controlled by a built-in switch. The possibility of connecting an external controller is provided.
The model could not take a higher place in the rating due to noise (47-56 dB). Stops potential buyers and price.
- a wide range of designs;
- ease of maintenance;
- two-speed motor.
- noisy work;
- high price.
The Bulgarian model MMotors VOK-T is suitable for ventilation of rooms with different levels of humidity. But the main advantage of the fan, according to experts, is heat resistance. The body of the device and its impeller are made of aluminum alloy, some modifications are equipped with a fan made of heat-resistant polyamide. The maximum temperature is limited to 180 ° C. The electric motor runs quite quietly thanks to special ball bearings. The manufacturer guarantees up to 30,000 hours of trouble-free operation both when installed in horizontal and vertical positions.
Users in reviews criticize the duct fan for low performance and limitation on the diameter of the duct. The model is ranked sixth.
- metal case;
- heat-resistant impeller;
- low noise level.
- poor air exchange;
- small assortment of mounting diameters.
Ballu FLOW 125
The Ballu FLOW 125 duct fan is sold at the most affordable price on the Russian market. In addition to the attractive cost, experts note such an advantage of the device as a low noise level (30 dB). The compact model is designed for integration into a 119 mm pipe. Through the use of plastic, the manufacturer managed to create one of the lightest duct fans (1.5 kg). The device closes our rating, because in terms of basic parameters it loses to competitors. So, the intensity of air exchange is only 240 cubic meters. m / h, and of the additional options, only two-speed engine mode can be noted.
Users took a close look at the fan, revealing weaknesses in it. The main ones are the motor core and stator. They become dirty over time, causing the device to fail.
- compactness and lightness;
- low price;
- low noise level.
- internal parts of the motor are not protected from dust and moisture.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.