Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Battery powered snow blowers allow you to clear the area without dragging the power cord. This increases mobility and speeds up the process. The presence of a built-in battery allows it to be used in conditions where there is no outlet with 220 V. Let's find out which cordless snow blowers are considered the best according to customer reviews and characteristics that experts could highlight.
- How to choose a battery powered snow blower
- Ranking of the best cordless snow blowers
- Review of the best cordless snow blowers
- Greenworks GD80STK4 with 4 Ah battery
- Denzel EST-51Li
- Greenworks GD40SB 2600607 with 4 Ah battery
- STIGA ST 8051 AE
- AL-KO SnowLine ST 4048
- Greenworks G40SS30 2600807UB with 4 Ah battery
How to choose a battery powered snow blower
When going to the store to buy a snow blower with a battery, it is important to know the key parameters for choosing a snow blower. Among them:
- Capture width. Varies from 25 to 51 cm in the electric version, which affects the cleaning speed and the number of passes to clear a certain area.
- Capture height. It happens from 15 to 30 cm. It depends on which snowdrift can be removed at a time “at the root” or cut into several layers.
- The presence of adjustment of the position of the chute. It is measured in degrees and ranges from 120 to 260º. The throwing angle allows you to direct the removed snow in the right direction, so that later it does not interfere with the passage or exit of vehicles.
- Weight. Cordless versions of snow blowers do not have wheel drive – the operator needs to push them on their own, so the weight affects the ease of transport and maneuverability. The range of options is 7-30 kg.
- Auger material. The blade for cutting the snow can be made of metal or plastic with rubber. The first option is stronger, but more expensive, and the second is cheaper, but the auger sometimes bursts when it collides with a stone.
- Battery life. Depends on battery capacity (2-6 A / h) and current consumption of the snow blower. The time interval for active work is from 20 minutes to 2 hours. The parameter is selected depending on the serviced area. If it was not possible to clear the territory immediately, then it will be possible to continue working only after recharging the battery or replacing it.
- Throw range. The snow absorbed by the machine flies out at a distance of 1-8 m. It depends on how far the snow mound will be collected and how large the cleared area will be.
Ranking of the best cordless snow blowers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best cordless snow blowers||1||Greenworks GD80STK4 with 4 Ah battery||RUB 29 210|
|2||Denzel EST-51Li||RUB 19,999|
|3||Greenworks GD40SB 2600607 with 4 Ah battery||RUB 18 490|
|4||STIGA ST 8051 AE||RUB 13 330|
|5||AL-KO SnowLine ST 4048||RUB 12,990|
|6||Greenworks G40SS30 2600807UB with 4 Ah battery||RUB 14,973|
Review of the best cordless snow blowers
Now you know how to choose a battery powered snow blower and you can look at the most popular models. Perhaps among them you will find exactly what you need.
Greenworks GD80STK4 with 4 Ah battery
In the first place is the product from the Greenworks brand. The model is equipped with a battery with a capacity of 4 Ah, which is installed in the upper part of the case. One charge is enough to clean a 250 m² area if there is a 50 mm layer on it. The L-shaped handle has a soft grip so it does not slip in your hands. The position of the ejection channel can be adjusted without bending over thanks to the extended lever. The throwing distance is 6 m. The width and height of the snow blower covers 51×25 cm. It is equipped with rubberized wheels with a diameter of 170 mm, and the weight of 15 kg allows it to be easily delivered to the cleaning site. Buyers in the reviews like that the battery here is universal and suitable for other equipment of the same brand.
Our experts rated the product first in the review due to its increased power Judging by the reviews, the snow blower copes even with caked and wet snow. Considering the compact size of the equipment, the strength hidden in it makes it the leader of our review.
- battery capacity is enough for cleaning an area of 250 m²;
- comfortable handle;
- weight 15 kg;
- increased maneuverability.
- the noise level is 96 dB;
- high price.
In second place is Denzel. The snow blower captures 510 mm in width and 210 in height in one pass. It has a smooth shape of the augers and the chute is adjustable from the control panel by a mechanical lever. The electric motor is powered by a battery with a capacity of 4 A / h and the consumption is 40 V. The device weighs 20 kg and is endowed with its own rubberized wheels. When transporting or storing, the handle can be folded in half to reduce dimensions. Reviews show that the ejection is carried out at a distance of 3-5 meters. If stones come across, the auger can handle them without damage. The battery life is 30-40 minutes. The assembly of the device is of high quality and you don't feel laxity in the design.
The feature of this battery powered snow blower is the built-in headlight. It is attached to the handle and is adjustable in tilt angle. This is very useful when cleaning is carried out in winter in an area that has no other lighting.
- battery and charger included;
- the battery case is edged with a rubber strip to prevent damage;
- folding handle;
- there is a separate handle for carrying.
- weight of 20 kg is harder to carry in the hands over long distances;
- the discharge chute sometimes has to be cleaned of adhering snow;
- loses to the leader in grip height – 210 mm versus 250 mm.
Greenworks GD40SB 2600607 with 4 Ah battery
The Greenworks brand also makes other cordless snow removal models. The GD40SB is equipped with a 4Ah battery that lasts 30-40 minutes. Reviews show that during this time it is possible to have time to clean all the paths around the cottage or remove the parking lot next to the house. The throwing range here reaches 6 m, which does not require manual transfer of a pile of snow. The auger is made of a mixture of rubber and plastic, so it is better able to withstand impacts with rocks. In one pass, the machine removes a strip of 51 cm with a height of 15 cm. The lever on the main handle allows you to direct the snow stream to the right place without stopping the process.
This snow blower was included in the review due to its softness. It doesn't shake like other cars. After cleaning 250 m² the hands will not be afraid of vibration. The product received the third place, because it loses to the previous two in grip height, which is only 150 mm.
- throwing distance up to 6 m;
- high-quality assembly;
- removes 51 cm in width;
- complete with battery and charger.
- cuts a layer of 15 cm at a time;
- charging time is 2 hours.
STIGA ST 8051 AE
The model has dimensions of 113x94x52 cm and clears a strip of 52×30 cm. The electric motor operates with a sound of 82 dB, which is a little quieter than the competitors. The machine is equipped with wheels with a diameter of 7 inches and easily drives over paths or packed snow. The handle is closed with a rubber pad, so the metal does not cool down and it is convenient to hold it with gloves. The flare turning lever is located on the panel. The rotation of the auger is started by pressing the steel bracket. In the reviews, the owners share that the snow blower is easy to operate with one hand. You can also lift the 16 kg weight alone to carry it through deep snow or get it out of the trunk. The kit comes with a removable battery and charger, so you don't have to buy anything.
In our opinion, the snow blower is the best because it can absorb a snowdrift with a height of 30 cm at a time. This greatly simplifies the clearing process after a heavy snowfall.
- optimal weight 16 kg;
- additional handle for transportation;
- folding handle;
- throw range 1-6 m.
- the angle of turn of the chute is 180 degrees, which is less than that of other models;
- the battery is charged for 3 hours.
AL-KO SnowLine ST 4048
The snow blower is equipped with a smooth auger and absorbs a volume of 480×200 mm at a time. Through the gutter, the snow is diverted to the side. The branch pipe can be rotated 180 degrees. The model can be driven alternately with one or the other hand, since the throttle bracket is uniform over the entire length of the handle. The handle legs fold in two places, making it a very compact unit for storage in a closet.
We considered the snow blower the best because of the lightest weight in the category, taking into account the working width of 48 cm.The device has a weight of 13 kg, therefore it is best suited for transportation in the trunk of a car to the country house to clear the entrance in front of the gate, the yard and others playgrounds. Another feature of the product is a completely rubber auger. This design maintains the integrity of the blades when hitting rocks or ice. Reviews show that the element rarely breaks, so you do not have to look for a service center or spend money on repairs after the warranty expires.
- throws snow 6 m;
- cleans a strip of 480 mm;
- adjusting the position of the chute from the control panel;
- headlight lighting.
- angle of rotation of the branch pipe 180 degrees;
- thin rubber on wheels;
- can bounce sometimes.
Greenworks G40SS30 2600807UB with 4 Ah battery
The review is completed by a snow blower, which is an electric shovel. The model is designed on a single bar without wheels, where on one side there are two handles and a battery, and on the other a box with a capture width of 300 mm. Reviews show that the device takes up to 250 mm in height. It is allowed to work in layers if the height of the snowdrifts is 400-500 mm. But the equipment does not have a direction of snow discharge, so it is simply thrown to the side up to 3 m. The auger is made of rubber and plastic, which makes it optimal in terms of rigidity and flexibility. But due to its low productivity and short autonomy time, the snow blower is suitable only for cleaning the passage to the gate or street toilet.
We recommend this battery powered electric snow blower for women. Its weight is 7 kg. Reviews show that the battery lasts for 20 minutes, and during this time you can have time to clean all the necessary tracks in the courtyard of a private house or in the country.
- battery included;
- copes with loose snow;
- fits easily in the trunk of a car;
- The battery is suitable for other equipment of this brand.
- not suitable for clearing a large parking lot;
- no regulator of the direction of emission;
- it is impossible to disconnect the upper part from the lower (connected by a cable in the corrugation);
- captures only 300 mm in width.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.