Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The garden composter is a container with openings for air passage into which the user lays branches, leaves, grass and household waste for decay and formation fertilizers. Unlike compost pits, boxing looks more esthetically and much more convenient to use. Due to more the movement of oxygen between the layers, the process of formation of humus proceeds faster. Having bought a composter, you can get a convenient design with a beautiful view and save on fertilizer as well harvest a good crop. How to choose a composter for recycling organics and which models are in demand among buyers, our experts sorted out.
- How to choose a composter
- Review of the best composters
- Prosperplast IKSM800C-S411 (800 L)
- Piteco K1130 (300 L)
- Graf ECO-KING 600l
- KETER MEGA COMPOSTER 650 L
- Helex 2×105 L
- Biolan 550 ECO
- KHW 340 L
How to choose a composter
When deciding which composter is best for gardening, it’s worth consider several key factors:
- Volume. Tank capacity varies from 100 to 2500 l The larger the tank, the higher the amount of fertilizer the owner will receive. For large gardens to 30 acres choose large models for 1500-2000 l For a garden of 5 acres, 350 liters is enough. But in large tanks, the process decaying will last longer. Therefore, if in priority the speed of compost, then preference should be given several smaller boxes, for example 3×350 liters, than one per 1000 liters. When ergonomics are at the forefront, it’s better to buy one box, which takes up less space.
- Dimensions Composter can be in sizes from 500x500x500 up to 2500x1000X1000 mm. For him, he will have to allocate a place in the yard, to which will be convenient to fit. Indicate your capabilities infield.
- The presence of the bottom. Models with a bottom can, if necessary, rearrange if you urgently need to free the occupied space. Boxes without a bottom can also be moved, but a bunch the humus under it will have to be moved manually on a wheelbarrow, previously throwing it with a shovel. This is a lengthy process that may take several hours. But when scattering the finished compost in the garden, boxing without a bottom is easy to set aside, clearing the way to content.
Review of the best composters
Now consider the best composters that have good characteristics and customers like in the reviews. It will help narrow down search circle and choose among proven models.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best composters||1||Prosperplast IKSM800C-S411 (800 L)||5 079 rub.|
|2||Piteco K1130 (300 L)||3 224 rub.|
|3||Graf ECO-KING 600l||4 200 rub.|
|4||KETER MEGA COMPOSTER 650 L||5 850 rub.|
|5||Helex 2×105 L||8 200 rub.|
|6||Biolan 550 ECO||67 000 rub.|
|7||KHW 340 L||4 590 rub.|
Prosperplast IKSM800C-S411 (800 L)
In the first place goods from the Polish manufacturer Prosperplast. The composter consists of two interconnected containers of 400 l each, forming a total storage space of 800 l of humus. Organics decomposes faster thanks to a large number of through openings and grille in the rear wall that improve air circulation. Each tank has a top cover for collecting waste and a bottom hatch to pick up fertilizer. Dimensions of the structure are 1350x720x826 mm. The product is delivered collapsible, therefore convenient for transportation, but it will take time to assemble. On the lids are provided with lockable latches, due to which garbage will not be carried in areas with strong winds.
The advantage of this composter is the capacity of the tanks, component of 800 liters. This will help to prepare fertilizer for the garden in 10 acres. Another feature is the increased strength of the plastic. Customer reviews show that containers are excellent severe Russian winters do not crack, so remove them at the end garden season in utility rooms is not required.
- covers can be lifted with one hand;
- many holes for better air penetration;
- durable plastic;
- convenient hatch for spilling compost.
- high price;
- the cover of two halves is not the most durable;
- without bottom.
Piteco K1130 (300 L)
And here is a compact composter, which is suitable for a small a garden of 3-5 acres. The garden model is made of plastic and going on snaps. This makes it easy to transport goods. from the store to the place of operation. Assembly takes about 30 minutes. All drawer walls contain perforations for faster passage air, so mixing the contents is not required – compost formation occurs in a static state organics. It weighs an empty plastic container of 6 kg and has dimensions 800x600x600 mm. Boxing capacity is 300 liters. For unloading fertilizers a rising sunroof is provided in the lower part.
The composter is notable for the presence of through vertical holes in corner racks. Through them, you can pass the armature and deepen it into ground to increase the stability and strength of the plastic tank. Then many reported operational difficulties Users in reviews are excluded.
- cover with lock;
- affordable cost;
- easy to assemble;
- Do not spoil the view of the garden.
- without bottom;
- judging by the reviews, it’s better not to fill in more than 50%, otherwise walls diverge;
- plastic is cracking in the sun, so you need to place it only in shadows;
- weak latches.
Graf ECO-KING 600l
French manufacturer Graf offers 600 liter composter from durable green plastic that is resistant to low temperatures -20 … -30 degrees. In winter, hide the container or “wrapping” it with additional materials is not required. Model It has dimensions of 800x800x950 mm and is equipped with a cover. Bottom here is absent. Thanks to the green tint, the box fits in organically into the garden exterior and does not attract too much attention. IN Customer reviews rejoice in durable plastic 3-4 mm on the walls and beautiful appearance of the model, but they warn that the color for a couple of years burn out a little, even if you place the tank in the shade.
We considered composter the best in view of ergonomics. He has the top the lid consists of two halves opening in different directions. Below hatches for fertilizer digging are also on opposite sides. It is convenient to set the box in the middle of the garden plot and approach it from two sides. This configuration allows Fill it with organic matter faster and perform less manipulations when extraction and distribution of humus.
- convenient doors for emptying the composter;
- wide loading opening;
- made of frost-resistant plastic;
- green color fits well in the landscape garden plot.
- high price;
- when filling 70% inflates the sides;
- long humus formation process since fewer holes for air circulation.
KETER MEGA COMPOSTER 650 L
The composter of the pyramidal shape, which is more it is steady on soil, and its walls do not burst when filling above half. Boxing holds 650 l of humus and provides processing organics by blowing air through holes in the corners racks and around the perimeter of each wall. In the reviews, the product is praised for functional top cover with latch, hinged spring and stroke limiter. The mechanism is reliable and hardy.
The uniqueness of the composter is that it has four access hatches fertilizers. This speeds up the process of emptying the tank and increases productivity in garden fertilizer work. Another chip the product is wide looped soft handles on these hatches, which are conveniently worn on human hands. Thus, sashes can be used as scoops to rake garden debris and put it right away in a container. Four doors taken off composter, allow two people to work simultaneously on filling the tank.
- latch cover;
- on the top hatch there is a spring with a folding action and stroke limiter;
- steady design;
- no tools needed for assembly;
- wall does not burst when filling.
- high price;
- has no reason.
Helex 2×105 L
And here is a more mobile configuration in the Helex composter. Model consists of two drums with a capacity of 105 liters each. For loading and unloading uses a single hatch sliding type. Tanks based on a steel frame with additional jumpers, therefore the design does not stagger. Closed design allows move containers to any place if necessary. Dimensions of two boxes are 950x600x820 mm and weighs 11 kg. Users the reviews are happy that the composter can be installed anywhere in the yard, and it does not have to be soil. Thanks to metal to the frame and rubberized legs, the model stands firmly on the FEM tile or asphalt.
A feature of a garden product, for which it is recognized as the best in that two tanks can rotate on a horizontal axis. This allows mix contents for even better air passage inside. The process is carried out without additional devices in the form of forks or shovels. This composter functionality speeds up processing organics and you will quickly get the desired fertilizer.
- made of durable plastic;
- Stable thanks to the metal frame;
- can be placed not only on the ground, but also on the asphalt;
- more functional ventilation system.
- high price;
- assembly is harder than other composters.
Biolan 550 ECO
Goods from the Biolan brand have dimensions of 880x1150x1200 mm and accommodate 550 l It is made of frost-resistant plastic and is designed for year-round use, unlike seasonal devices competitors. The manufacturer puts an agitator in the kit and 40 l compost mixture to accelerate the process of decay. The user can use the ventilation adjustment function.
We found the composter to be the best in performance. Despite 550 liter capacity, it can replace a huge classic 1800 l waste tank Is it possible thanks to the thermally insulated tight case equipped internal oxygen supply system. The owner gets a ton advantages of a closed tank that does not emit odors, and the term is full decaying of the contents is 4-5 weeks. For control the composter process is equipped with an analog thermometer showing temperature inside. When it reaches 40-60 degrees, it means that decay is in full swing. A drop in the rate serves a signal that it is time to empty the container soon.
- thoughtful height for user convenience;
- a sealed enclosure will prevent odors from escaping;
- rodents do not have access to waste;
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- very high cost;
- empty weighs 54 kg, which complicates the transportation.
KHW 340 L
Completes the review of the best composter products from the German brand KHW. The tank is designed to process 340 liters of organic waste. Loading is carried out through a single upper neck with a folding the lid. The wind will not rip her off, as she is equipped with loops and latch. Compost is unloaded from four sides from hatches with sliding sashes. The lack of a bottom allows you to quickly spread contents in the garden when humus is ready. All sides of the case equipped with perforations to speed up the processing process. Assembly the container is lightweight and does not require the use of a tool – everything is simple, as in Lego constructor. Users in reviews are satisfied with sustainable installation due to the pyramidal shape, which will not sway empty tank in the wind.
We marked composter as the best because of the thick plastic. it immediately visible by the characteristic weight of the goods without packaging. If competitors’ models with the same capacity weight is 6 kg, then here the net weight reaches 8.1 kg, which indicates more strong walls. When filling above half, the tank will not become rounded, and also does not crack due to frost -30º C.
- lid folds back with one hand;
- easy snap assembly;
- multiple perforations to accelerate formation compost
- four-way content retrieval system.
- flimsy hinges of the lid may break off;
- it is inconvenient to grab the handles of the lower hatches.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.