Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Modern building standards imply the hidden laying of communications in a house or apartment. Both electrical wire and plumbing pipes are hidden in walls, floors and ceilings. Chasing chasers are capable of making grooves with the required dimensions quickly and safely. Since during operation a huge amount of dust, stone, brick and concrete crumbs is formed, it is impossible to do without connecting a vacuum cleaner during chipping. Therefore, most models are equipped with special hose adapters. A wide range of furrow makers is presented on the domestic market. They differ in both cost and technical parameters. The recommendations of our experts will help potential buyers choose the most suitable tool.
- Selection recommendations
- Rating of the best wall chasers with a vacuum cleaner connection function
- EIBENSTOCK EMF 180
- Makita SG180
- BOSCH GNF 35 CA
- Metabo MFE 40 set
- Interskol PD-230 / 2600E
- CALIBER SHTBE-2600 / 230M
Appointment. Experts advise starting your search for a wall chaser by defining clear tasks.
- If the tool will work in the hands of electricians, then perhaps a lightweight and compact device that is capable of making not very deep (20-40 mm) and not very wide (10-30 mm) grooves will do. Let it be inferior in power and dimensions of the furrow, but it is convenient to work with it on walls and ceilings.
- When laying water and sewer pipes, you will need a unit capable of making wide (up to 50 mm) and deep (up to 65 mm) grooves. In this case, the high power of the model and the large diameter of the saw blades come to the fore.
Types of wall chasers. The entire tool can be divided into two groups according to the number of installed disks.
- Models with one saw blade make only one cut per pass. This type of wall chaser is a lot like a grinder. The advantage of such a tool is the ability to form non-standard wide grooves. But the performance of the device will be low.
- Double-disc chasers allow you to make two cuts with a given width in one pass. Moreover, the groove will be perfectly flat. However, such a tool has a limitation on the minimum and maximum furrow width.
Power. Each manufacturer of wall chasers has different models of power.
- The tool with a 900-1500 W electric motor is suitable for cutting shallow and narrow furrows. Typically, such engines are equipped with light and compact models, which are convenient to work with outstretched arms.
- To make serious niches in walls or floors, it is better to stop at a powerful wall chaser (1800-2600 W). But the more powerful the apparatus is, the more weight it will have.
Supporting systems. Since the wall chaser is a powerful power tool, it is equipped with a number of important systems for durability and safety during work.
- The contact electronics are responsible for maintaining the disc rotation speed selected by the operator, regardless of the load.
- Overload protection reacts in a timely manner to overheating of the tool, turning off the motor.
- Jamming of the rig is a serious problem when chasing. Most modern models are equipped with protective couplings.
- Soft start limits the starting current when starting a powerful unit, prolonging the life of the engine. In addition, the operator's work is safer since the tool does not jerk when switched on.
Equipment. When choosing a wall chaser, you should pay attention to the complete set of the model. Experts consider important elements:
- distance washers;
- additional handles;
We have selected the 6 best wall chasers with a vacuum cleaner connection function. All these models are sold in specialized stores in our country. When allocating seats, the editorial board of the magazine relied on the opinion of the expert community, taking into account the reviews of Russian consumers.
Rating of the best wall chasers with a vacuum cleaner connection function
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best wall chasers with a vacuum cleaner connection function||1||EIBENSTOCK EMF 180||RUB 85,627|
|2||Makita SG180||RUB 30 849|
|3||BOSCH GNF 35 CA||RUB 31,290|
|4||Metabo MFE 40 set||RUB 32 655|
|5||Interskol PD-230 / 2600E||RUB 10,400|
|6||CALIBER SHTBE-2600 / 230M||RUB 11,469|
EIBENSTOCK EMF 180
The EIBENSTOCK EMF 180 wall chaser is a professional tool for preparing canals when laying communications. High performance is provided by a powerful electric motor (2.3 kW). The device allows you to make the widest grooves (46 mm), the maximum cutting depth reaches 60 mm. The experts appreciated the convenience and safety of the device. The manufacturer has equipped its product with a soft start, overload protection with an indicator. The milling width is adjustable and the efficient cooling system extends the life of the electric motor. The tool wins gold in our review.
The German wall chaser can be seen in the hands of professional builders. They note high power, productivity, ease of use. The downside is the high price.
- high power and performance;
- ease of use;
- efficient cooling.
- high price.
The Japanese Makita SG180 wall chaser has exceptional endurance. The model is equipped with a powerful electric motor (1800 W), which spins the disc up to 4100 rpm. The furrow width is adjustable in the range of 8-43 mm, the device is deepened from 15 to 60 mm. The experts liked the electronic speed controller, which maintains rotation speed as the load changes. To increase the service life of the device, the manufacturer has installed a soft start. The stability of the device during operation is ensured by 2 guide rollers. The wall chaser ranks second in our review.
Users call the tool smart and tough. It has been working for some owners for about 10 years. They consider the overall casing to be the disadvantage of the model; it closes the working area when fully immersed.
- electronic speed control;
- smooth start.
- overall casing.
BOSCH GNF 35 CA
A reliable assistant to the builder when laying communications is the German BOSCH GNF 35 CA wall chaser. Combined with an industrial vacuum cleaner, the tool allows you to work without leaving dust and debris. The model is inferior to the leaders in engine power (1.4 kW), performance is maintained due to high rotation speed (9300 rpm). The wall chaser can be used with discs up to 150 mm in diameter, which allows you to make grooves up to 35 mm deep and up to 39 mm wide. Experts note the good functional equipment, the electronics maintains a constant speed, frequency control is provided. A small weight (4.7 Kg) should be entered into the asset of the product.
Russian builders praise the tool for its reliability, efficient dust extraction, and a useful speed control system.
- good performance;
- efficient dust removal;
- electronic speed control.
- modest power.
Metabo MFE 40 set
Another German wall chaser falls into the TOP-6 of our review. The Metabo MFE 40 model is equipped with a powerful motor (1.9 kW), which spins the disc up to 5000 rpm. The tool can handle discs up to 125 mm in diameter, the maximum furrow depth is limited to 40 mm at a width of 35 mm. The experts drew attention to the lightness of the device (4.6 kg), automatic maintenance of revolutions, smooth start-up. Long service life is ensured by a die-cast aluminum housing, the motor is reliably protected from dust. To maintain a good view of the cutting line, the chaser can be jogged.
In user reviews, many flattering words are addressed to ease of use, good power, and reliability of the device. There are no special remarks, only it is inconvenient to replace disks.
- high power;
- electronic maintenance of turns;
- ease of use;
- inconvenient to change disks.
Interskol PD-230 / 2600E
The most attractive cost is the Interskol PD-230 / 2600E wall cutter. However, the device has a number of other advantages. The experts praised the combination of power (2.6 kW) and revs (6600 rpm). The tool can be equipped with a disc with a diameter of 230 mm, which allows you to make deep (up to 65 mm) and wide (up to 41 mm) grooves. All these factors influenced the weight of the instrument (10.7 kg), so it is rather tiresome to work with the device for a long time. Of the modern options, it should be noted protection against accidental activation, maintaining constant speed.
Domestic builders appreciate the device for an affordable price, high power, simple adjustments, and smooth start-up. Not enough for the owners of the case, some people complain about the large weight.
- affordable price;
- high power;
- simple adjustments;
- easy replacement of brushes.
- heavy weight;
- no case.
CALIBER SHTBE-2600 / 230M
The KALIBR SHTBE-2600 / 230M wall chaser is very popular with Russian users. Experts explain the increased interest in the model with a democratic price and high performance. The tool is equipped with a powerful motor (2.6 kW), it rotates the disc at 4800 rpm. It is allowed to use discs up to 230 mm in diameter as cutting equipment. The model is not inferior to the leaders of the review in the depth (65 mm) and width (40 mm) of the furrow. However, the device does not have the function of maintaining constant revolutions, the product and the storage case are not completed.
Users liked the chaser with high power, affordable price, high-quality discs, and efficient dust removal system. To the disadvantages of the model, they include a large weight (10.5 kg), as well as a weak key for replacing disks.
- affordable price;
- high power;
- quality discs;
- efficient dust extraction system.
- heavy weight;
- no case.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.