Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
If you have weak pressure in the water supply system, then it must be increased using a special pump, otherwise the water will not be squeezed out to the second floor. Sometimes, even on the first floor, there is not enough pressure to turn on an automatic gas water heater, turn on a washing machine or dishwasher. Such pumps also allow you to organize the pumping of liquid from wells, reservoirs and reservoirs for organizing water supply or irrigation in the private sector. These are not submersible models, but surface ones, which are installed in technical pits with water meters, in boiler rooms or bathrooms. Tips on how to choose a pressure boosting pump and the TOP 6 of the best options will be useful for those who are looking for such equipment.
- How to choose a pressure boosting pump
- Rating of the best pumps for increasing pressure
- JILEX Jumbo 70/50 P-K Comfort
- ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic
- Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)
- Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)
- Aquario AC 1512-195A (270W)
- Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)
How to choose a pressure boosting pump
When choosing a pump, pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Power. The indicator varies from 120 to 1100 W. The higher the value, the better the station increases the pressure and the longer it will work without overheating. But the increased power leads to an increase in the size of the unit and the consumption of electricity, which increases the cost of water supply.
- Performance. It happens from 20 to 70 l / min. To wash your hands or take a shower in the house, a minimum indicator is sufficient. For watering the garden, if you are in no hurry, 20-30 l / min is also enough. But a set of large capacity will happen faster with characteristics of 40-70 l / min. The same parameter is required for 4-6 sampling points.
- Suction depth. If the fluid is withdrawn not from the water supply system, but from a well / river / well, then the permissible suction depth plays a role. It can be from 1 to 9 m. Select the parameter based on your operating conditions.
- Water supply to the height. The pumps are capable of increasing the flow level to a height of 10-50 m. If you have a one-story house, then the minimum value is enough. In the case of a cottage with two or three floors or a water supply from a river to a site located on a hill, look for models with characteristics from 20 m.
- Permitted fluid temperature. Some pumps can increase the pressure of the carrier with a maximum temperature of +40 degrees, others up to + 60 ° C, and still others up to + 80-95 ° C. It does not matter for a cold liquid, but if you plan to pump up the pressure from a boiler or use a station in the heating system, then look for pumps with a temperature regime of + 80 ° C.
- Body material. It can be plastic or metal. The former is cheaper, does not rust and is lighter, but less durable. The second one is heavy and more expensive, but it carries loads better.
- Connection. The pump is connected to the system to increase the pressure force through a 1, 1/2 or 3/4 inch thread. Choose the model that matches the pipes in your home.
- Cooling type. Sometimes dry and wet. Dry means the separation of the chamber for the passage of water and the rotor, and the winding is blown by a fan located at the back. Such stations are more productive, but take up a lot of space. With a wet rotor, pressure boosting devices are more compact, since they do not require a fan, but are cooled by a water flow, but their performance is lower.
- Body tightness. The indicator ranges from IP22 to IP54. The latter type can be installed in places where it will be splashed by rain or water without harm to the device. All others are allowed to be mounted only in dry rooms.
- The presence of an automation unit and types of protection. Automation allows starting the work of the station to increase the pressure when the tap is opened. In other cases, it will be necessary to manually start the unit every time the water supply is used. Safety features include dry running protection and overheating protection.
Rating of the best pumps for increasing pressure
The TOP-6 includes models with different characteristics that will be useful both in the country and in a large cottage. When selecting the best models, experts took into account the opinion of buyers from reviews, product sales ratings and technical parameters of equipment.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best pumps for increasing pressure||1||JILEX Jumbo 70/50 P-K Comfort||RUB 10,000|
|2||ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic||RUB 15 800|
|3||Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)||RUB 6,300|
|4||Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)||RUB 10,000|
|5||Aquario AC 1512-195A (270W)||RUB 9,500|
|6||Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)||RUB 7,000|
JILEX Jumbo 70/50 P-K Comfort
Topping the list of the best pumps capable of increasing pressure is the Comfort unit from the Jumbo series. The model is fully consistent with its name, literally throwing water to a height of 50 m.At the same time, it is allowed to take liquid not only at the level of the pump itself, but from a depth of 9 m. Judging by the reviews, the declared characteristics are fully consistent with the actual ones, because the stability of pumping and maintaining the desired pressure is provided by a powerful 1100 W electric motor. The pump delivers up to 70 liters per minute, and the flow temperature is allowed up to +35 degrees.
We recommend this pump as one of the most efficient for operation in a large house or cottage, where there are several floors and 5-7 points of selection. The built-in ejector and the patented Venturi channel system ensure a stable pressure increase and comfortable use of the water supply, regardless of the input parameters.
- productivity 70 l / min;
- protection against dry work;
- finned motor for faster cooling;
- attractive cost;
- the possibility of continuous work.
- cannot be connected to lines with a diameter of less than 25 mm;
- a stabilizer is required in the presence of voltage surges.
ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic
Among the German products there is an interesting pump ARDENA 3500 / 4E from the Classic series, which has a power of 800 W and is capable of raising the liquid level in the pipe up to 40 m. At the same time, the unit provides pumping of up to 3500 liters per hour. An impeller with an ejector operates inside. The housing is protected from moisture at the IP54 level, therefore operation is permitted even in the rain. Pump control is pretty straightforward – one button on the side to start and stop. Rubberized feet help the station to bounce less from vibration during operation.
The main advantages of the pump are its power and compactness, which make the pressure booster very mobile. The presence of a handle on top of the body and a low weight of 8 kg simplify the transfer of the device around the suburban area. We recommend the station for watering a large garden from a well or borehole to ensure sufficient moisture levels and minimize costs.
- increases the head to a height of up to 40 m;
- able to suck liquid from a depth of 8 m;
- productivity 3500 l / h;
- Light weight 8 kg and carry handle.
- rather high cost;
- network cable only 1.5 m;
- plastic case.
Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)
This model for increasing the pressure in the system is one of the “youngest” in the line of the Italian manufacturer. Despite this, the pump is capable of delivering a head to a height of 38 m with a capacity of 2400 l / h. Users in the reviews like that such characteristics are achieved with a relatively low electricity consumption – 0.37 kW / h. The pump body is made of metal and weighs 5.2 kg. The side walls of the motor are equipped with protruding ribs that increase the area of temperature removal, so the model is able to function continuously. Four holes in the base allow the station to be secured to a rubber-padded platform for less vibration.
Even in reviews, this pump is praised for its very quiet operation. It does not hum like “elder brothers”, but hums quietly, so the location of the unit in the bathroom or boiler room will not cause discomfort to the inhabitants of the house.
- compact dimensions;
- standard connecting diameter 1 inch;
- the possibility of fixing to the base;
- metal case;
- ribs for efficient heat dissipation from the motor.
- it is inconvenient to grasp the pump during installation or transfer;
- realized without a mains cable and plug.
Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)
The German brand Wilo offers a pump with a power of 340 W, which is capable of increasing the head up to 15 m.Despite the modest energy consumption, the small station pumps up to 65 l / min or up to 3900 l / h. The installation is capable of increasing the pressure up to 5 bar, which makes the use of taps, automatic gas water heaters and other sampling points comfortable. In the reviews, users are satisfied with the high-quality assembly of the unit with a body cast from gray cast iron. The shaft is made of stainless steel, and the mechanical seal, on which the impeller slides, is made of ceramic and graphite. All this, along with forced air cooling, prolongs trouble-free operation. Two open bolt slots are provided for securing in place for easy removal in case of repair.
The feature of this pump is the ability to pump water with a temperature of up to +80 degrees, when the characteristics of competitors are limited to + 30 … + 60 ° C. This is important in the case of supplying a heated pressure to the second or third floor, for example from a boiler.
- isolated start button;
- efficient cooling engine;
- cast metal body;
- simplified fixation to the base.
- no plug and power cord included.
Aquario AC 1512-195A (270W)
The pump from the Italian brand Aquario is equipped with a 270 W motor, which ensures economical consumption of electricity. The device is capable of increasing the pressure of a liquid with a temperature from +2 to +60 degrees. The core and rotor are made of cold-rolled steel, and the winding is made of copper, which increases the strength of the key assembly and resistance to stress. The pump shaft and bearings have a ceramic coating that effectively resists abrasion. Users in the reviews like that the pump can be switched to automatic mode, where the station will start when a pressure of 0.2 atm is generated. The installation will be able to pick up the flow and increase the supply force up to 6 bar.
This pump is able to operate continuously and at the same time not overheat, since the motor is cooled not by the built-in fan, but by the directly passing water stream. The wet rotor motor configuration makes the pressure boosting model compact and rugged.
- economical energy consumption;
- three operating modes;
- can be installed against the wall or floor;
- compact dimensions 195x150x132 mm.
- more expensive than more powerful counterparts.
Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)
TOP-6 completes a pump with a power of 120 W, which increases the head pressure to 8 m. It is connected to the water supply system through an external 3/4 inch thread. A wet rotor is effectively cooled by the fluid flow itself and does not need a fan. The station body is made of cast iron and weighs 2.6 kg without exerting stress on the pipes. The “Kid” is capable of developing a pressure of up to 6 bar and supporting both the operation of the taps in the form of taps and the washing or dishwasher. In reviews, the product is praised for the quiet roar of a motor with an impeller and is recommended for use in country houses that are not connected to the city water supply. But for a large cottage, it is better to look for another model.
It is one of the most compact pressure boosting pumps available. Its installation length is 160 mm, while competitors have this figure of 170-195 mm. In addition to its small size, which simplifies the search for a place for tapping, the unit stands out for its ability to function with a liquid whose temperature reaches + 95 ° C. This allows the station to be used to increase the pressure not only in the water supply system, but even in the heating system.
- flow direction markings on the body facilitate correct connection;
- there are automatic and manual modes;
- economical power consumption;
- compact dimensions 160x113x119 mm.
- not everyone starts in auto mode;
- cannot be used in rooms with high humidity levels due to the IP22 tightness class.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.