Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The real owner will always find work in the house, workshop or garage. Therefore, without a set of tools can not do. A place of honor in it is occupied by pliers. You can use them firmly. hold small parts, twist or cut off wires, wire, work with electrical wiring. Multi tool available from every home master, but eventually you have to buy new pliers. To choose the most suitable option, we recommend heed the advice of experts.
- How to choose pliers
- Rating of the best pliers
- KNIPEX KN-0206180
- NWS CombiMax 109-49-VDE-180 180mm
- HAUPA VDE 205 mm 211202
- Orbis C60 PRO 46-200 / 20RR L = 200mm
- KVT 55985 180mm, 1000V
- SHTOK 1000V 180 mm 08102
How to choose pliers
- Steel base. Users show several important pliers requirements. They must be firmly fixed. flat and round parts, easy to cut steel wire (even with high hardness), withstand severe mechanical effects (falling to the floor, hammer blows). To everyone These requirements will be satisfied by models whose basis made of tool steel. The cutting part is subjected hardening, hardness reaches 62 Rockwell units (HRC). Such pliers will serve faithfully for more than one generation masters.
- Corrosion protection. Any steel exposed to moisture begins to rust, every year the thickness of the base becomes smaller. Since ancient times, manufacturers have provided corrosion protection burnishing (blackening, oxidation). Best today Nickel or chrome is considered a protective and decorative coating. Ideal appearance will remain, even if the forgetful owner leaves pliers on the street.
- Overlays. Comfortable grip and safety when working with pliers provide linings. They are single- or two-component as well as electrical insulating. The simplest plastic pads are considered, they do not slip in the hands, but with time can slide off the metal base or cracking. In terms of ergonomics, they look preferable two-component handles with inserts from rubber polymer material. Their only minus is destruction upon contact with aggressive media (gasoline, diesel fuel). To work with wiring, you must choose pliers with dielectric coated handles.
- Build quality. Buying pliers, you should right in store to evaluate their performance. First you need to squeeze sponges and check their tightness. Followed by analyze the action of the articulated mechanism. Ideally, he should be smooth and easy to move without longitudinal and transverse backlash. It’s best to ask a consultant to cut a piece of hard wire after inspecting the cutting edge. It should not dents and chips appear.
We selected in our review the 6 best pliers. Among the many applicants, these models received the highest ratings from experts and users.
Rating of the best pliers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best pliers||1||KNIPEX KN-0206180||3 031 rub.|
|2||NWS CombiMax 109-49-VDE-180 180mm||1 617 rub.|
|3||HAUPA VDE 205 mm 211202||1 520 rub.|
|4||Orbis C60 PRO 46-200 / 20RR L = 200mm||634 rub|
|5||KVT 55985 180mm, 1000V||770 rub.|
|6||SHTOK 1000V 180 mm 08102||479 rub|
A universal tool that comes in handy when performing a variety of operations are KNIPEX power pliers KN-0206180. With this model, it is possible to reliably hold blanks, bite the wire, bend the metal wire. Experts note long cutting edges, so they don’t make it difficult to work with thick parts. For a set of universal German pliers take the first place in our qualities rating.
User reviews on Thematic forums. Some masters believe that pliers are better Most suitable for pulling, biting and twisting operations. Other owners use an articulated lip tool as miniature vise. But everyone likes usability, elegant appearance, power and practicality.
- excellent quality;
- convenience in work;
- strength and durability;
- high price.
NWS CombiMax 109-49-VDE-180 180mm
Among the dielectric pliers, one of the leading places is German tool NWS CombiMax 109-49-VDE-180. Users can use them when carrying out electrical work with voltage up to 1000 V. A distinctive feature of the model is reliable high-quality insulation that attaches to the trench tool maximum safety. Straight sponges made of tool steel. They hold various materials firmly, does not cause difficulties with biting off the wire, bending materials of different hardness.
Along with a large number of advantages, users noticed one disadvantage. The cutting edges are slightly hardened, so when biting off solid wire dents remain.
- insulating properties;
- light weight (250 g);
- comfortable handles;
- German quality.
- soft cutting edges.
HAUPA VDE 205 mm 211202
A simple and effective tool for the home master will become pliers VDE 205mm HAUPA 211202. They are made in Germany, therefore You can not be afraid of product quality. Rectangular jaws made of stainless steel, cutting edge differs in hardness and sharpness. Two-component grip covers do not pass electric current, so pliers will do professional installers. With a length of 205 mm, the tool weighs 364 g, which is slightly more than the mass among the leaders of the rating.
Domestic consumers flatter German quality pliers, good metal and comfortable handles. They are worthy pass the test with solid materials, the cutting edge does not deformed and not dull.
- strong steel construction;
- hard cutting edge;
- comfortable handles with dielectric coating;
- resistance to mechanical damage.
- a lot of weight.
Orbis C60 PRO 46-200 / 20RR L = 200mm
Spanish pliers Orbis C60 PRO 46-200 / 20RR differ reinforced construction. Manufacturer used stainless steel with a large margin of safety. Sponges tools are rectangular in shape; they hold firmly parts from different materials. Thanks to elongated cutting area less effort is required to bite the wire. Moreover, the thickness steel bar can vary from 2.3 mm (maximum stiffness) up to 3.8 (soft wire). The model could not get around German ranking leaders due to lack of dielectric coating and heavy weight (325 g).
Users find the Orbis C60 PRO 46-200 / 20RR pliers A useful tool for home or garage. They are comfortable to perform wide range of operations.
- stainless steel;
- spectacular design;
- elongated cutting edge;
- comfortable handles.
- significant weight;
- no dielectric coating.
KVT 55985 180mm, 1000V
Domestic pliers with insulated handles KVT 55985 sold at an affordable price. But this is not the only advantage. tool. The manufacturer used in the manufacture tool steel. It is additionally hardened (hardness cutting edge HRC 62) and steel parts for corrosion protection coated with a layer of nickel. Capture zone allows you to hold both flat and round billets. Pliers easily cope with hard wire with a diameter of up to 1.5 mm. Experts have included the model in rating for reliability and durability.
Domestic pliers received many flattering words from electricians and locksmiths. Their main advantages are convenience, reliability, easy swivel rotation. Although they fall into the trading network and defective products.
- tool steel;
- insulated handles;
- high hardness of the cutting edge;
- affordable price.
- the defective tool comes across.
SHTOK 1000V 180 mm 08102
Another model with Russian roots fell into our rating. SHTOK pliers 1000V 180 mm 08102 are domestic development, but they are made in Taiwan. Such a move allowed to reduce tool price to a minimum. In this case, the product turned out Extremely lightweight (53 g) and compact (180 mm). Manufacturer made the handles not only comfortable, but also with dielectric coated. Therefore, you can repair the wiring at home without fear. The strength of the pliers is ensured by quality chrome vanadium steel. You can cut wire the edge of the jaws or in special notches of the hinge.
Users are satisfied not only with the low price of the tool, but also good quality. Some owners note a slide plastic handles, which is unsafe when working under voltage.
- low price;
- insulated handles;
- good steel;
- light weight.
- over time, the handles slide off the base.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.