Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Goniometers are used to determine the exact degree of the angle and calculations to create a marking of fastening of scenery, hinged furniture and equipment. Such a tool is useful for wall decoration. and floors with tiles, laminate and parquet, installation of a shower cabin, manufacturing of furniture, installation of building partitions, stairs, handrails, etc. With the help of goniometers even set up the saw equipment and position of the discs. Our experts figured out which types of goniometers exist and how to choose a model for specific needs. A follow-up review of the best products in the industry that are already tested by buyers and scored the largest number positive reviews will simplify the selection to a specific model.
- How to choose a goniometer
- Rating of the best goniometers
- BOSCH PAM 220
- ADA instruments Pro-Digit MICRO
- ELITECH 2210.001600
- ADA instruments AngleMeter 30
- BISON 34294
- Kraftool 34290
How to choose a goniometer
If you need a goniometer, then remember a few key parameters that you should pay attention to when choosing:
- A type. A computing device can be electronic, which implies the presence of two jumpers, the breeding of which displays number of degrees on the LCD screen. It is convenient and simple. Alcoholic the goniometer calculates the deviation from the right angle using a special capsules and displays the value on the display. This is another option. digital roll measure. A mechanical goniometer is called a protractor. It is cheap enough, but you will have to navigate through the engraved scale, and the error here is higher. The laser device only shows evenness of the right angle on the plane (wall, ceiling), but does not display number of degrees. This is useful for parallel placement. elements of decor or wall furniture, but in the calculations useless.
- Mass and ergonomics. The goniometer weighs from 70 g to 2 kg, which It is important to consider when working at height. For ease of retention tools are endowed with rubber or plastic inserts, as well as reliefs, so pay attention to such elements.
- Dimensions Cranomer proportions are 200×30 mm or 500×400 mm, which affects usability in the case of limited space and also affects simplicity transportation during daily use.
- Range. Angle measurement capabilities limited scale or mechanical ability to breed the sides. Range degrees can be from 0 to 360. The larger it is, the better.
- Additional features and equipment. Bubble the level will help to expose furniture and appliances, and also come in handy when installation of doors and masonry tiles. Scale like a ruler will allow take a measurement without resorting to other devices. Case will protect tool from damage during regular moving from an object to an object.
Rating of the best goniometers
Understanding the features of the choice of goniometers, let’s move on to the list of the best, which experts liked for their characteristics, as well as received positive reviews from masters and simple users.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best goniometers||1||BOSCH PAM 220||6 990 rub.|
|2||ADA instruments Pro-Digit MICRO||2 707 rub.|
|3||ELITECH 2210.001600||2 529 rub.|
|4||ADA instruments AngleMeter 30||2 533 rub.|
|5||BISON 34294||1 469 rub.|
|6||Kraftool 34290||307 rub|
BOSCH PAM 220
The leader of the review was the protractor from the German company Bosch. it wide-screen electronic device whose readings are good visible in bright sunlight, so you can use the product as inside the building and outside. Dimensions of the model are 425x58x41 mm and it is powered by 2 batteries of 1.5 V. Electronic accuracy measurements of 0.2º will allow everything to be installed smoothly. There are two on the case bubble levels that can be used for furniture installation and household appliances. Adjusting the goniometer by 5 rubberized buttons. In reviews, the masters boast of a retractable ruler of the rotary part, which simplifies the measurement of limited places and makes the goniometer even more functional.
One of the main advantages of the product for which we recognized it the best is long-term battery life – up to 25 hours. This energy reserve is enough for several months of operation, because after measuring and transferring readings, the digital goniometer turns off and the wizard works with other tools.
- smooth running of the corner part;
- accurate readings;
- high-quality assembly without play;
- two bubble levels;
- memory for five values;
- A large screen that does not light up in bright sunshine.
- high price;
- weighs almost 1 kg.
ADA instruments Pro-Digit MICRO
This is another type of electronic goniometer, inside of which is an alcohol capsule that interacts with a digital scale and calculation board. The originality of the model is no bars – the case is completely square and easy settles down in a hand. Its dimensions are 57x57x30 mm. At when placed on a surface, the device evaluates its position relative to the bottom plane and displays the quantity degrees in case of roughness. This type of meter Useful for leveling trim boards, installing furniture, carrying out installation work. The device weighs only 130 g and is not hard to fit in your pocket.
We considered the goniometer the best for installation work with metal (profile and round pipe, corner, steel sheets, etc.). To do this, three magnets are provided on three sides of the case, which the roll gauge can be fixed on a metal surface. it simplifies operation and frees up the hands of the master so that he can fasten evenly exposed workpieces.
- compact and easily fits in the pocket of a work jacket;
- simple control of three buttons;
- weight 130 g;
- the error is not more than 0.2º.
- high price;
- difficult to calibrate – you need only a proven accurate level.
And here is a professional digital goniometer at a more affordable price from the brand ELITECH. The model is made of aluminum profile and complemented by plastic ends. On one side is located bubble level. Settings are managed when using three buttons, and the device’s memory contains one cell for fixing previous readings. Case dimensions are 268x50x36 mm and it weighs 340 g. The error does not exceed 0.15º, which like the masters in the reviews. One battery needed for power 3 V. Use the meter only with positive temperatures, otherwise the numbers are poorly displayed on the LCD screen.
The uniqueness of the protractor, for which we recognized the product as the best, is to rotate the auxiliary bar 360 degrees, which allows you to measure angles in the same range. At all small values of 1-15º the second shoulder of the device closes the screen, therefore the manufacturer provided a cutout in it so that the master could be seen testimony. If you want to mark on the wall and then transfer it to another area without re-setting the quantity degrees, then the bar can be fixed with a special screw, and this improves productivity and ease of use.
- light weight 340 g;
- strong metal case;
- fast display of results on the display;
- additional bubble level.
- can not be used in unheated rooms in the winter;
- only one cell in memory.
ADA instruments AngleMeter 30
The electronic protractor with dimensions of 300x50x20 mm Designed to check angles from 0 to 225 degrees. But the error here is 0.3º. The casing is made of anodized aluminum and not subject to corrosion, as well as mechanical damage during fall. The model weighs only 320 g. Visualization of indications occurs on the LCD, and for control two buttons. The swivel shoulder approaches the body from below, so it doesn’t closes the screen. The device is complemented by two bubble levels, which facilitates the initial installation of the device and expands its operational capabilities. End part made of shock-absorbing plastic, so the hard stop in the wall does not create excessive shaking during operation.
The digital goniometer is the best for creating complex elements of decor and masonry tiles in a non-standard way. For this he a Zero button is provided that allows you to set the origin in any position of the hinged shoulder. The key resets the readings and makes a new starting point.
- two bubble levels on the body;
- there is an automatic power off when inactive;
- made of aluminum;
- light weight 320 g.
- the error loses to the above reviewers;
- slips a little in the hands.
The Bison brand offers a goniometer placed on a double ruler from stainless steel. Breeding of two halves is fixed electronics and the result is displayed. Rotation of the parties allows you to measure angles in the range of 0-360 degrees. For management Two buttons are provided. After measurement, you can fix the result that will remain in memory even if the shoulder changes position. On each side is engraved ruler with a length of 18 and 19 centimeters. The overall dimensions of the tool are 200×30 mm. The accuracy of the readings does not exceed 0.2º. Masters in reviews I like the thick metal of the 1.5 mm line, which is not easy to bend. Due to this, the tool has long served in harsh construction conditions. Weight 220 g does not tire your hands at regular use.
The experts recognized the product as the best in cost among goniometers with electronic principle of processing the result. Despite low-cost, it has durable thick metal, a bright display and a small error. Display result occurs at a speed of 1 second.
- completely made of stainless steel and not subject corrosion
- measuring range 0-360 degrees;
- error 0.2º;
- double-sided scale on the ruler;
- thick metal does not bend in hands.
- because of the thin body it is not very convenient to hold in hands;
- some have eights on the screen – maybe problems with a chip.
The review ends with a mechanical protractor from Kraftool. Product completed stainless steel with a cross section of 1.5 mm and, judging by the reviews, its hard to bend with your hands. The semicircular part is equipped with a degree scale from 0 to 180, and the rectangular has a centimeter ruler. Figures etched on the metal, but not painted, so they are not erased with time. More in the reviews, buyers like the opportunity lock the hinge to mark with a pencil. Total the length of the protractor is 200 mm and it weighs 70 g. Measurement degrees is permissible in any direction, since on a semicircular scale figures are available in two directions. The protractor in the case is supplied, which protects it from scratches and simplifies transportation.
A feature of the protractor is a ruler with a mirror markup location. This allows you to measure the length from any end face. In the case of the upper scale, the reference line is the center line. FROM With such functionality, the line greatly simplifies the work in the carpentry workshop.
- made of alloy steel and not subject to corrosion;
- light weight 70 g;
- it is difficult to bend a hard strip;
- comes in a case;
- the hinge can be fixed to draw lines with the desired angle.
- some complain about inaccurate markups of single copies;
- you can hurt yourself on sharp edges.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.