Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Among the various types of insulation, expanded polystyrene takes the leading place. It is a foamed polymer material composed of 98% air. It does not exert pressure on the structure and has a low thermal conductivity of 0.038 W / mK. Expanded polystyrene is used in liquid and solid form. In the second case, various adhesives are used to fix the slabs to the walls and ceiling. Reliability of block fastening, installation time, technical and weather conditions for installation depend on the quality and type of binder. To make it easier to choose, we have prepared a rating of the best adhesives for expanded polystyrene, based on the characteristics of products and user reviews.
- Rating of the best adhesives for expanded polystyrene
- Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix
- Tytan Styro 753 GUN
- Knauf Klebenspachtel
- Prospectors Teploizol
- Ceresit Express CT 84
- TechnoNIKOL Professional
Rating of the best adhesives for expanded polystyrene
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best adhesives for expanded polystyrene||1||Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix||509 RUB|
|2||Tytan Styro 753 GUN||457 r|
|3||Knauf Klebenspachtel||RUB 250|
|4||Prospectors Teploizol||386 r|
|5||Ceresit Express CT 84||RUB 560|
|6||TechnoNIKOL Professional||RUB 30|
Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix
The first place in the rating is taken by a product from the German concern Henkel. It produces building materials and mortars under the Ceresit brand. The adhesive is designed for extreme conditions and has high adhesion. In reviews, users report that when checking the bearing capacity, the break always occurs along the material. Glue is prepared in 5 minutes by simply mixing with water. The solution allows steam to pass through, so moisture will not accumulate in the room. Excess traces of the mixture are easily removed with water. Plastering the surface is allowed three days after installation. The substance can be used to create fire-prevention diffusers, since it is not subject to combustion.
Our experts have rated the glue as the best for installing thick expanded polystyrene panels from the outside of the facade of the house. It is allowed to work with the mixture even at a street temperature of 0 degrees, only then it is necessary to use warm water (+30 degrees) to prepare the glue. With this substance, it will be possible to qualitatively attach sheets of expanded polystyrene, 200 mm thick, and they will not be torn off by a strong wind.
- environmentally friendly composition;
- economical consumption;
- the glue allows steam to pass through itself (moisture will not linger in the room);
- preparation of glue in 5 minutes.
- high price;
- cannot be glued to paint coatings;
- can be attached to concrete only 3 months after pouring;
- you can prepare the mixture well only with a mixer (you need 400-800 revolutions per minute).
Tytan Styro 753 GUN
On the second place of the rating is the adhesive in the form of polyurethane foam. It is produced in a cylinder with a capacity of 750 g. To apply it, construction guns are used, where the cylinder is inserted upside down. With this technology, the process of installing polystyrene foam occurs 5 times faster than when diluting the solution and using trowels and graters. But the height of the foam does not exceed 5 mm, therefore, when installing expanded polystyrene plates from the outside, where they will be exposed to wind and precipitation, fixing with dowels is additionally required. But this can already be done 2 hours after gluing, which the masters like in the reviews.
According to our experts, the product deserves a place in the ranking of the best for economy of consumption. Unlike bulk mixtures applied 50 mm wide along the perimeter of the expanded polystyrene sheet, glue is sufficient in the form of a thin strip 10-15 mm wide. Therefore, with one cylinder it is possible to fix polystyrene foam on an area of up to 8 m². It is also convenient to transport the sealant to the installation site due to its compact capacity.
- does not require preparation – you just need to shake the bottle with your hand;
- easy and convenient application from a pistol;
- high adhesion to metal, concrete, brick, plastic, wood;
- economical consumption and faster work.
- high price of the cylinder;
- for exterior decoration, additional dowelling will be required;
- can only be used at positive temperatures.
The third place in the rating is taken by a product from a German manufacturer. The adhesive mixture is produced dry and diluted with water to the desired consistency. Glue is supplied in packages of 25 kg. Possesses high adhesion to hard and soft materials. It can be used simultaneously for fixing expanded polystyrene and mineral wool (in places of protection against flame transition). The solution is suitable for use inside the house or for finishing the facade. Buyers in the reviews like that the glue is suitable for any type of polystyrene foam, both conventional and extruded. In the solution itself, the air pores are 13-15%, therefore the composition is durable and excludes falling off the wall.
We have added the product to the rating due to the possibility of machine application to walls. For this, pumps of the G4 or Monojet type are used. This significantly improves performance on large facades. The glue can be used to reinforce expanded polystyrene by fixing a special mesh on it for plastering mortars. The thermal conductivity of the binder itself is only slightly higher than foam and amounts to 0.047 W / mK.
- machine application is allowed;
- suitable for reinforcement;
- large temperature range;
- grabs in 60 minutes;
- water retention capacity 95%.
- high consumption – 7-8 kg of dry mix per m²;
- large bags are difficult to transport;
- low productivity with manual application.
The fourth place in the rating is given to the Russian adhesive for expanded polystyrene, also produced in the form of a dry mix. The package contains 25 kg of fine powder diluted with water in a ratio of 250-300 ml per 1 kg. If you want to knead a large volume at once, then 6-7 liters of water is enough per bag. The adhesive can be used to fix foam of any thickness, as well as to strengthen the surface for subsequent finishing. Outdoor use on facades is permitted. If the repair is not planned immediately, then in the original packaging the goods can be stored for up to 12 months.
Our experts have included the glue in the rating for reduced consumption, although this figure depends on the skill of the master to apply the composition to the expanded polystyrene plate. After practicing, you can reach an indicator of 3-4 kg per 1 m2 (with spatula teeth 1.0-1.2 cm), which is twice as economical as German brands. We also noted the pot life of the solution at 3 hours. Thanks to this, wall decoration can be carried out slowly and easily remove excess traces of glue with a wet rag.
- universal in adhesion to the base;
- does not require preliminary cleaning of the surface;
- reduced consumption 3-4 kg;
- suitable for basic reinforcement.
- the price is almost the same as that of European products;
- heavy bags of 25 kg are more difficult to transport to the site;
- complete hardening after 3 days;
- work can be carried out at +10 degrees and above.
Ceresit Express CT 84
In fifth place in the ranking is another German product from Ceresit, but now in the form of polyurethane foam. Consists of a substance of polyurethane and a combustible gas that squeezes the material outward. The product can be used at air humidity up to 90%. The adhesion to concrete is 0.3 MPa. But in terms of consumption, the glue is inferior to other participants in the rating – one cylinder is enough to cover about 6 m² with expanded polystyrene. Buyers note in the reviews the ease of use of the product – the glue is shaken for 30 seconds and screwed onto the gun. The application is carried out cross-to-cross on the plate, as well as along the perimeter, with a strip of 5-10 mm wide. The insulation can be adjusted within 20 minutes. Excess traces are removed only with a solvent.
Our experts have marked the product in the rating as the most resistant to low temperatures. Installation is permitted even at -10 degrees, which allows the facade to be insulated even in winter. Under these extreme building conditions, curing takes 7-10 hours. In summer, the glue sets in 2 hours.
- there are no freons in the composition;
- resistant to water;
- work can be carried out at high humidity;
- economical consumption;
- the ability to perform installation on a large area in one day.
- almost always on the facade, reinforcement of expanded polystyrene with dowels is required;
- does not adhere well to painted surfaces;
- walls made of foam blocks should be pre-primed (otherwise the building material will strongly absorb the glue and the expanded polystyrene will fall off).
The sixth place in the rating is occupied by a domestic product in the form of a sealant in a cylinder. The adhesive consists of a one-component polyurethane foam and is suitable for all types of polystyrene foam. Installation is allowed to be performed at temperatures from 0 to +30 degrees. The masters in the reviews advise that after applying it to the plate, you need to wait a minute for the foam to expand slightly, and then press the foam against the wall using a long profile. After hardening, the adhesive is resistant to water and mold. The material has no aging effect. It is possible to correct the insulation within 20 minutes after fixing in order to achieve minimal gaps between the plates and ensure the evenness of the blocks.
The product hit the rating for several reasons at once. Firstly, glue is much cheaper than competitors, so the installation of expanded polystyrene does not require significant investments. Secondly, one cylinder, with skillful use, is enough for finishing 10 m², which saves money even more. Thirdly, the foam adheres perfectly not only to concrete, masonry or chipboard, but even to ceramic tiles and glass mosaics. This frees you from dismantling the old finish on a specific facade and simplifies the work.
- slight expansion after application;
- simple installation process, understandable even for a beginner;
- high adhesion to various materials;
- hardening in a day with a density of 25 g / cm³;
- can be used for outdoor and indoor use.
- operation only at positive temperatures;
- in contact with silicone and polyethylene enters into a chemical reaction;
- for quick drying, humidity should be within 50%;
- for work, you will have to buy an assembly gun.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.