Bio-fluffy stuff is becoming more popular and gradually push out of everyday life products from sintepon and natural fluff. This insulation is characterized by increased wear resistance, therefore it can give heat for many years, but only with proper care. It is important to know how to wash bio fluff so that it does not lose its unique properties. We will talk about rules for washing products with this filler and give a few useful tips that will help preserve their appearance and extend the service life.
- Characteristics and properties of bio-fluff
- Basic rules for washing
- Recommendations for washing in an automatic machine
- Hand Wash Tips
- Tips for effective washing
- Use special balls
- Wash only one item at a time
- Use a special bag
- Zip up the jacket
- Use special detergents for synthetic materials
- How to dry
Characteristics and properties of bio-fluff
Bio pooh – a new generation of insulation. Originally used for sewing clothes and sleeping bags for polar explorers and northern residents latitude. Now it is increasingly used as a heater for down jackets, clothes for hunters and fishermen, pillow filler, blankets, soft toys.
Among its advantages are:
- lightness and airiness;
- heat capacity (about 1.5 times warmer than sintepon, protects against frost -40-500С);
- safety for health (hypoallergenic, does not cause skin irritations);
- wear resistance;
- practicality (does not deform, retains the original for a long time volume and heat);
- It is not affected by mold, dust mites do not start in it;
- moisture resistance;
- not afraid of organic solvents.
But bio-fluff is sensitive to high temperatures, prone to build up static electricity.
To preserve the properties of the insulation and the appearance of the upper material it is important to comply with the conditions specified by the manufacturer on product label.
Basic rules for washing
Get rid of various contaminants or odors from things with you can fill it with bio-fluff by washing it in a machine or manually. Our experts warn that the risk of losing heat-insulating properties of the filler and deform clothing when improper washing, high enough. Therefore must be observed basic rules of washing.
Recommendations for washing in an automatic machine
It is easiest to wash products from bio-down in an automatic machine. But, in order not to spoil them, we recommend sticking to 3 main regulations.
- Water temperature should be no more than 400C. At higher values there is a high risk of structural failure filler.
- Choose a delicate washing mode: with increased water level and careful extraction (no more than 600 revolutions). This will protect the product from deformations and knocking of bio-fluff into lumps.
- Use gel concentrate or capsule detergent. The powder is worse rinsed from the fibers of bio-fluff, may leave white stains on clothes.
To prevent the accumulation of static electricity, we we recommend using every thing from bio-fluff to use fabric softener.
Hand Wash Tips
If the product is filled with bio-fluff too large and does not fit in the drum of the machine, you can wash it manually. Particularly contaminated places on clothing or a pillow are necessary pre-treat with laundry soap or stain remover (if the material from which the product is sewn allows it using). After cleaning, you can proceed to hand wash.
We follow the following algorithm:
- Pour into a basin or bath of warm water (it should be slightly higher than body temperature).
- Add the detergent and carefully mix it in the hand water. For hand washing, powder is more effective than gel concentrate – it is better to use this form of detergent facilities.
- Soak the product for 15-20 minutes.
- Hands gently stir a thing in the water, whipping soap suds, within 3-5 minutes. Paying particular attention to the most polluted places (pockets, sleeves). You can brush them.
- Drain dirty water from the basin (bathtub).
- Pour clean water and rinse the product.
- Change the water in the basin until it remains clean, without any detergent.
- Before the last rinse, you can add a cap to the water fabric softener.
Products from bio-down cannot be twisted and squeezed strongly, otherwise this can lead to lumps and deformations. After manual washing clothes or a blanket is recommended to squeeze slightly with your hands and place, without spreading, on the bar in the bath or above the basin. Can be laid on any horizontal surface, on towel. Only after water drains is permissible to hang things on a rope or a coat hanger.
It is important to consider not only the features of care for bio-down, but also material from which the top of the product is made. Firstly you need to focus on the recommendations indicated on the label.
Tips for effective washing
Following the recommendations for washing, the probability of keeping the thing out bio fluff safe and sound is pretty high. But, we would like give 5 more tips that will improve the quality of washing and protect elements of the automatic machine from damage.
Use special balls
The washing efficiency will increase if you put in a drum 4-6 plastic or rubber balls. They are washable. stuffed and sold in hardware stores. Can replace them with tennis balls.
Using balls will prevent the filler from knocking into lumps and enhances the action of a gel concentrate or washing powder. In rinse time they help remove residual detergent, preventing the formation of stains.
Wash only one item at a time
Do not put any more to the pillow or jacket with bio-down things, even if there is still space left in the drum of the washing machine. Free space in the drum improves the quality of washing, fiber rinse better with detergents.
Use a special bag
We advise you to wash things from bio-fluff in a special bag. Can use an ordinary pillowcase for this purpose. This will prevent deformation of the product and protect the drum and the door of the washing machine from scratches with fasteners or buttons of down jackets.
Zip up the jacket
Before washing outerwear with a bio-down insulation in The automatic machine must fasten all the zippers. Necessary check the integrity of the seams (so that the filler does not come out through available holes) and how firmly the buttons are sewn. Also should be pulled out of pockets, objects there.
We recommend that you remove the hood and fur from the down jacket. manually – the fur parts cannot always be fluffed after washing and return them to their original form. If possible, disconnect fur, then the hood along with a down jacket can be sent to the washing a car.
Use special detergents for synthetic materials
For washing woolen and synthetic things are provided special detergents (Weasel, Nordland, Chirton). They are not contain sodium perborate and create a more acidic environment than powders or gels for cotton or linen. Too alkaline the environment can destroy bio-fluff fibers.
How to dry
Since bio-fluff is afraid of high temperature effects, then dry products with this filler near heating appliances or bonfire is not recommended. On a hot summer day under the scorching rays things should not be hung out of the sun – for drying outdoors air preferred shadow.
Outerwear or a blanket after washing must be straightened and hang on a rope, a jacket – on a coat hanger. Pillows preferably dry in a horizontal position (for example, on a metal dryer or on several consecutive ropes on the balcony). Every 2 hours they should be turned from one side to the other.
The need to artificially accelerate the drying process with there are no radiators or a hair dryer – products with a filler of bio-fluff, in Unlike synthetic winterizer or natural fluff, they dry very quickly, only 3-4 hours. Too hot air will damage the fibers of the fabric and will cause deformation of the product.
Proper washing of outerwear and products filled with bio down will preserve their appearance and thermal insulation properties for long years. We hope that our recommendations will help extend your life. things, even with heavy use.