Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
In many remote regions of Russia there is no trunk gas, so homeowners continue to procure firewood for the winter. Increase labor productivity with minimal physical cost allow wood splitters. Due to the thoughtful design, with one movement of the mechanism, the log is divided into 2 or 4 parts. Today on the market you can find several effective models with different by construction. Our experts will help you choose the best model. for home use.
- How to choose a reliable splitter
- Rating of the best wood splitter
- The best hand log splitters
- Kolundrov “X4” X4-5
- The best electric wood splitters
- AL-KO LSV 7
- CHAMPION LSH5001
- AL-KO KHS 5204
- RedVerg RD-LS 25-37E
How to choose a reliable splitter
- If firewood is needed for a bath or barbecue, then a small amount can chop with a manual splitter. Unlike a cleaver (ax) this device requires less physical costs, one or two Sledgehammer strokes are enough to quarter a large log. Manual the splitter will help out and far from the power supply network.
- When the task is to prepare firewood for the winter for a private house or workshop, it is better to give preference to electric models. They are driven by an electric motor, the operator only needs to correctly lay (put) the log and press the start button. Even a small motor (1.5 kW) with easily splits knotty logs. Approximate force on chock will be about 4 tons. For large logs it is better to choose model with a more powerful electric motor (2.2-3.0 kW) and a value efforts (5-7 tons).
- With long-term operation, an important option will be the ability to bed height adjustment. She will allow you to choose the most convenient position at work. Although some users like engage in firewood sitting on a stool.
- When choosing a wood splitter, you should consider the size of the logs, which to split the unit. Most often, lengths of up to 50 cm are enough, but some stoves or boilers can easily enter meter firewood. With thickness, things look a little easier, even when exceeded the maximum diameter of the chock can be split in a few receptions, gradually turning it.
- To move electric wood splitters are usually used wheels. In combination with a convenient handle, move the unit by weight 40-50 kg is not difficult. If the device will have a permanent location, then the weight will not be decisive values.
- In the process, we must not forget about security. Manufacturers equip their products with two-handed operation to exclude Hands entering the work area. Special metal screens reduce the risk of damage to the worker by bouncing chips.
Our review included the 5 best wood splitters. When compiling a rating the opinion of experts and reviews of domestic consumers.
Rating of the best wood splitter
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best hand log splitters||1||Kolundrov “X4” X4-5||6 550 rub.|
|The best electric wood splitters||1||AL-KO LSV 7||36 690 rub.|
|2||CHAMPION LSH5001||17 400 rub.|
|3||AL-KO KHS 5204||18 490 rub.|
|4||RedVerg RD-LS 25-37E||15 190 rub.|
The best hand log splitters
The simplest, most reliable and affordable device for splitting logs is a manual wood splitter. To work with him you’ll have to take a sledgehammer to hit the log. Good luck The design was invented by a domestic manufacturer.
Kolundrov “X4” X4-5
A simple but very effective tool for logging is a manual wood splitter Kolundrov “X4”. The model allows without special physical costs quickly chop wood for a barbecue or Russian bath. The splitter has an original design, which based on a sustainable foundation. The lower part is in the form of a large washers with holes connected by two steel rods to the top the ring. It becomes a kind of limiter for logs. Two sharp blades are perpendicular to each other, which allows you to split chock immediately into 4 parts.
Users are satisfied with the original design of the splitter, its efficiency and simplicity. The disadvantages include the need swing a sledgehammer, as well as limiting logs in diameter (180 mm).
- anticorrosive coating;
- thoughtful design;
- light weight (6.5 kg).
- limitation on log thickness.
The best electric wood splitters
The maximum comfort when harvesting firewood for the winter will provide homeowners electric wood splitters. The task of the operator will be consist in laying logs and pressing the trigger. Experts have selected several effective and reliable models.
AL-KO LSV 7
Professional tools include electric wood splitter AL-KO LSV 7. The vertical model is capable of splitting logs up to 1.03 m long. The height of the table is adjustable (3 positions), allowing the operator to work as conveniently as possible depending on lengths of chocks (0.56 m, 0.81 m and 1.03 m). Electrical engine 3 kW creates tremendous pressure (7 t), so even logs with branches do not stand in front of a splitter. The device is driven in motion and is controlled with two hands, which is what ensures maximum labor safety. Experts appreciated performance and safety of the wood splitter, giving it first place in the ranking.
The model has earned a lot of flattering words and from users for convenience in work and efficiency. The only clear minus getting high price.
- splits large logs;
- high power
- table height adjustment;
- safety at work.
- high price.
The best combination of price and quality, experts found in splitter CHAMPION LSH5001. This electrical unit is completely slightly inferior to the rating leader in power (pressing force 5 t), losing and in the maximum length of logs (52 cm). But the Chinese the device is lighter (45 kg) and mobile. The whole structure looks securely, if necessary, bolt connections can be tightened. At engine power 2.2 kW splitter able to handle chocks 40 cm in diameter. The hydraulic system is filled with oil, but the unit will have to be assembled after unpacking.
Users managed to appreciate the pros and cons of the splitter. is he looks reliable and safe, the lever is protected by a metal a visor. Not enough for the convenience of moving only rubber pens.
- compactness and lightness;
- long network wire;
- sturdy frame;
- interchangeable nozzles included.
- plastic wheels;
- no soft handles.
AL-KO KHS 5204
Another model of the famous German company AL-KO got into our rating. The splitter KHS 5204 works in a horizontal plane. is he based on a high adjustable frame, making the back operator less tired. Dimensions of chopped logs limited to 52 cm in diameter and 0.25 m in length. Electric 2.2 kW engine produces a maximum pressure of 5 t. Structural strength, as well as durability does not cause experts doubt, but the stability of the unit leaves much to be desired the best. Therefore, only the third line of the rating.
Users have discovered another drawback that reduces labor productivity. The model is not equipped with a nozzle for splitting logs into 4 parts.
- high-quality assembly;
- light weight (47 kg);
- high bed;
- instability when working with large logs;
- low productivity.
RedVerg RD-LS 25-37E
The most affordable household appliance is Chinese splitter RedVerg RD-LS 25-37E. It is easy to use, different lightness (40.5 kg) and compact dimensions. The model does not fall into the top three leaders due to a small splitting effort (4 t), as well as restrictions on the size of the logs. The maximum length of logs must not exceed 37 cm and a diameter of 25 cm. Two-handed operation unit positively affects operator safety, and thanks to the convenient handle and wheels the device quickly moves. Steel elements protected against corrosion paintwork.
Owners of an electric wood splitter break without problems logs cut in half. And here is a special nozzle for quartering in complete with the device no.
- affordable price;
- convenience in moving;
- lightness and compactness;
- two-handed management.
- no quartering nozzle;
- small diameter of logs.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.