Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
In order for steel structures to maintain high strength for a long time, reliable protection against corrosion is required. Paint works best for this task. The main problem when carrying out paintwork is the preparation of the metal base. Much time and money is spent removing rust and old paint. Reducing the cost of preparatory operations allows paint on rust. Today, many effective paints and varnishes have appeared on the market. Our experts will help you choose the best product.
- How to choose paint for rust
- Rating of the best paints for rust
- HAMMERITE for metal and rust
- Dufa Retail Metall for Rust
- ALPINA metal and rust paint
- Belinka enamel for rust
- Decorative enamel Euroclass with hammer effect
How to choose paint for rust
- Kinds. All paints and varnishes consist of a base substance, which is taken as the basis for the classification.
- Epoxy paint is a two-component paint. It is suitable for coating metal parts that are exposed to heat. But due to toxicity, the product is not recommended for domestic use.
- Oil consists of a natural base (oil) and drying oil. It does not have anti-corrosion properties, therefore the scope of application is limited to indoor areas.
- Alkyd is excellent for galvanized steel. It has good adhesion but is prone to fire.
- Acrylic enamel stands out favorably with long-term protection of metal from corrosion. She is not afraid of temperature changes, so experts recommend the product for coloring heating systems.
- Hammerhead forms a rough coating. The name itself suggests that the paint and varnish layer is uneven, as if it was walked over the surface with a hammer. But such a coating looks modern, moreover, it hides the defects of the base.
- Three-component paint. To facilitate the work associated with removing corrosion on old metal structures, three-component paints were invented. The 3 in 1 material consists of a rust converter, primer and topcoat. A distinctive feature of this paint is its high adhesion. In addition, the material resists rust, moisture, ultraviolet light and temperature extremes for a long time. Three-component paints are versatile and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Features of applying paint. In order for the paintwork to remain strong and complete for a long time, it is important to properly prepare the base. Even when using a three-pack paint, loose rust, dust, dirt and grease must be removed. You can apply paint and varnish material with a brush, roller or spray gun. The air temperature should be positive, few paints are allowed to be applied in frost. When creating a multi-layer coating, it is important to follow the manufacturer's specified time interval after each coat.
We have selected the 5 best paints for rust in our review. All of them are widely represented in Russian stores. When distributing places in the rating, the opinion of experts and feedback from domestic consumers was taken into account.
Rating of the best paints for rust
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price FOR 0.5 L|
|Rating of the best paints for rust||1||HAMMERITE for metal||645 RUB|
|2||Dufa Retail Metall||370 RUB|
|4||Belinka enamel for rust||486 r|
|5||Euroclass hammer effect||210 RUB|
HAMMERITE for metal and rust
HAMMERITE paint for metal and rust has universal qualities. It can be successfully used both inside buildings and outside. It is allowed to apply a paint and varnish layer on a metal surface or old paint. The product is made according to the 3-in-1 formula and contains a corrosion inhibitor, primer and paint. The experts appreciated the durability of the coating, it is not afraid of temperature drops and moisture. The scope of application of the material is very wide, from living rooms to industrial facilities.
Users note the ease of application, it can be a brush or a spray gun. For its beautiful glossy shine and durable protection, the product becomes the winner of our rating. The only disadvantages are the high price.
- universality of application;
- ease of application;
- durable protection;
- beautiful appearance.
- high price.
Dufa Retail Metall for Rust
Dufa Retail Metall Rust was developed to protect large structures from corrosion. The product falls into the second line of our rating for the optimal combination of price and quality. The buyer is offered 9 color options. The material is applied directly to the rust, which saves on the preparation of the steel base for coating. Experts point out high paint adhesion, fast drying time (2 hours before tack). The product is created using the 3 in 1 technology, after drying it forms an even semi-matte finish. Resistant to sunlight and mechanical stress.
Domestic users like the ease of applying paint and varnish material, durability and affordable price. The complaint is the fluidity of the paint when using the brush.
- bright colours;
- affordable price;
- no surface preparation required;
- dries quickly.
ALPINA metal and rust paint
ALPINA paint helps to protect steel structures from corrosion for a long time. It can be used for interior and exterior decoration works. The material combines the properties of an antiseptic, a primer, and a corrosion inhibitor. The paint product is applied directly to the rust, creating a smooth decorative finish. The experts included this product in our rating for its odorlessness and long service life. Traditional brushes and rollers can be used to work with the material. The buyer is offered different colors.
In the reviews, builders praise ALPINA paint for its odorless, economical consumption and three-component nature. Of the shortcomings, a high price is noted, it is not always possible to find the required color in stores.
- dries quickly;
- smooth coating;
- lack of smell;
- different methods of application.
- high price;
- a modest selection of flowers in stores.
Belinka enamel for rust
Belinka rust enamel possesses high anticorrosive qualities. It can be applied to steel substrates without prior priming. The material is intended for painting fences, doors, furniture and metal structures. The experts liked the hiding power of the paint, the ease of application, and the fast drying time (2 hours before tack). After hardening, a durable protective film is obtained that is not afraid of moisture and ultraviolet rays. The glossy surface of the coating has an attractive appearance.
Enamel stopped one step away from the top three due to critical user reviews. They are unhappy with the high consumption of paints and varnishes and an unpleasant smell. There are no complaints about the quality of the coating and the color scheme.
- good covering ability;
- ease of application;
- dries quickly;
- beautiful and durable coating.
- unpleasant odor;
- high consumption.
Decorative enamel Euroclass with hammer effect
The Euroclass decorative enamel with hammer effect has the most attractive price. Experts confirm the modern look of the coating, which resembles chasing. The good thing about paint is that it hides defects in the substrate. Therefore, preparation before painting will take a minimum of money and time. The advantages of the composition include high adhesion, the ability to stain at low temperatures (up to -10 ° C). You can use enamel for painting equipment in production shops. Once cured, the coating becomes resistant to moisture, sun, oil and temperature extremes.
The product managed to get into our rating due to its affordable price and durability. But the covering ability leaves much to be desired. Users complain about sagging when applied vertically.
- affordable price;
- hammer effect;
- hides base defects;
- can be applied at negative temperatures.
- poor covering ability;
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.