Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Micrometers, unlike calipers, allow to obtain more accurate readings of thickness and linear dimensions of various materials that are important for turning, jewelry or calculating the cross section of electricians. Compared to mechanical micrometers, digital devices are easier to use – they don’t you need to look closely at the risks on the scale, and the result is simply is displayed in numerical value on the display. Magazine experts analyzed dozens of popular models and available on them reviews to highlight the best digital micrometers. Review will help see the differences in the capabilities of devices, as well as their advantages and cons, which will simplify the choice.
How to choose a micrometer
Before you go shopping, you need to figure out which micrometer is better. It all depends on the accuracy you need, operating conditions and measured parts. Here are the key factors on to pay attention to:
- Measuring range. Among the most common Four categories of micrometers capable of measuring cross-section are distinguished. from 0-25, 25-50, 50-75 or 75-100 mm. Ideally, it’s better to have everything Four models to be ready to measure any part. Such an arsenal is useful to a turner. Jewelry master it’s enough to manage the first option 0-25, since with large It just doesn’t work with objects. For special industrial applications micrometers with an upper limit in 125/150/175/200/225/250/275/300/400/500 and even 600 mm.
- Measurement step. Digital micrometer measures cross section blanks usually in increments of 1 μm or 0.001 mm. But there may be others values (e.g. 0.01 mm), so check this characteristics in advance in the description and in practice.
- Accuracy class and accuracy. There are two accuracy classes appliances, where 1 is the best. Unit error may be from 2 to 50 microns, so if you do not care high accuracy, and you just need convenience in work, you can choose low grade micrometer.
- Dimensions and weight. Digital measuring instrument can weigh from 190 g to 2 kg, which affects usability in for several hours in a row. To not get tired hands, choose micrometer with a lower mass. Sizes (length) vary from 155 to 305 mm and above, and this affects the ability to put the device in pocket or manipulation in confined spaces.
- Ergonomics. Before buying, take a micrometer in your hands. Enjoy the convenience of holding with your left hand – doesn’t it cover the screen. The right should easily reach the control buttons and ratchets. It is important that the elements held by the operator are covered anti-slip materials and had a relief surface, otherwise the risk of dropping the device increases.
- Convenience of transportation. Buying a micrometer in a blister will allow you to use it stationary on your desktop. If a frequent transportation, then choose the goods in the case, equipped with a soft lining. It will extend the digital life apparatus.
Rating of the best micrometers
It’s time to consider the top 5 best micrometers with a display, which have good characteristics and customers like in reviews. Perhaps among them you will find the right product for your tasks that have already been verified by users.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best micrometers||1||MIK 100854||16 271 rub.|
|2||NORGAU IP65 25-50mm-0.001mm 041057050||14 923 rub.|
|3||CHIZ MKTs-125||19 202 rub.|
|4||MEGEON 80800||4 120 rub.|
|5||Inforce 06-11-44||5 163 rub.|
In the first place is a micrometer with a multifunctional unit management. Five rubberized for the user keys, thanks to which you can reset the readings, set relative zero, change the unit of measure. Buyers in reviews are satisfied with the function of storing the current values in memory, which allows you to compare data after processing and see the changes. The measuring range is 75-100 mm, so the device is suitable for large items. Steel arch with anti-slip pad and it’s comfortable to hold in your hands. Due to the bend of 16.5 cm device you can even measure pipe diameters up to 10 cm. Accuracy class 1 gives indications with a minimum error. The step of the digital scale is 1 micron. The ratchet mechanism is designed to protect the device from breakage during sudden rotation of the drum.
A feature of this micrometer is the introduction of a model in The state registry, and this allows the use of a digital tool for official measurements. Measurement results can be taken into account when examinations.
- high-quality powder coating of metal;
- ratchet with a plastic relief handle;
- comfortable rubberized buttons;
- practical bar lock.
- high price;
- weighs 1 kg;
- sold without a case.
NORGAU IP65 25-50mm-0.001mm 041057050
And here is another high-quality micrometer included in the State Register, which can be measured in the range from 25 to 50 mm. Step the measurement is 1 μm, and the error does not exceed 2 μm, which is the minimum value. The product weighs 325 g, so much lighter than the previous model in the review. Contrast display makes it easy examination of evidence in bright sunshine. Measuring surfaces micrometer made of stainless steel, sanded and ground. The rest of the body is made of mild steel and coated enamel. The product comes in a plastic case that protects against strokes. The device is powered by an SR44 battery. If she “sits”, then there is an engraved scale for mechanical measurement that like users in the reviews.
The main advantage of the micrometer, for which we introduced it into The list of the best is dust and moisture protection at IP65. it allows you to use the device not only in the rain, even under direct jets of water. Thus, the micrometer is suitable for measuring in difficult specific production conditions, for example, on chemical or food industry enterprises.
- sold in shockproof case;
- does not slip out of hand;
- engraved second scale;
- convenient ratchet rotation.
- high price;
- The clamping screw is sharp and sticks into the finger.
The third place was taken by goods from the domestic manufacturer “ChIZ”. The MKTs-125 micrometer is designed to measure linear sizes from 100 to 125 mm. The accuracy class of the device is first, so the error is not exceeds 2 μm, and the step of reading is 1 μm. But the device is quite large – its dimensions are 20x10x4 cm and it weighs 2 kg. The product is delivered in a wooden case, inside of which there is foam inserts that protect plastic parts and the screen from strokes. Included is a 10 cm calibration pin that helps fine tune the micrometer before work, resetting the error. Reviews show that changing batteries is very easy, unscrewing the back plastic cover with a special key from recruitment.
Our experts considered the micrometer the best because of the large arc, allowing to measure the diameter of pipes with high accuracy. Still at The device has the option of connecting to a computer via USB, which Useful for collecting and organizing data.
- comes in a durable case with soft linings;
- there is a calibration insert in the kit;
- protection against moisture IP54;
- engraved dial in case the batteries run out.
- high price;
- weighs 2 kg;
- it’s not always convenient to manipulate because of its large size corps.
But a worthy analog at a lower cost – a digital micrometer with a measuring range of linear length from 0 to 25 mm. The device is made steel-based, but most of the body is coated with ABS material, so it does not slip. Drum wheel and rattle here are plastic and equipped with reliefs. Is provided fixing screw. There are only two buttons for control, allowing you to turn on the micrometer and reset the readings during calibration. Power supply requires one CR1632 battery. Item shipped to a plastic case, but there is no foam insert inside. Indications The display is clearly visible in sunny weather when operating outdoors. The micrometer itself is quite compact and easily fits in one hand.
This is the best micrometer in terms of price and accuracy. Despite the cost 3-4 times cheaper than the above competitors, the product has an error of only 2 microns. The measurement step here is 0.001 mm. In reviews, owners praise the digital apparatus for accuracy when measuring cardboard, through which you can weed out dishonest suppliers.
- simple, intuitive controls;
- affordable price;
- it is possible to fix it with a screw;
- elementary installation of zero.
- no labels for graphical measurement;
- no calibration plates included;
- a lot of plastic – if it falls, it will crack.
The review is completed by a micrometer from the Russian brand Inforce. The measuring range is 0-25 mm. Device error is not exceeds 2 microns. The digital device is powered by one element CR2032. Dimensions of the case with a length of 15.5 cm facilitate wearing pocket and manipulation in hard to reach places. Embossed handle does not slip in the hand. On the display, the user can select metric or inch display system. In reviews Owners praise micrometer for clarity and convenience location of the “foot” of the fixing screw. She turned to the operator and not on the outside, so clamping the rod is not required twist the arm.
The model is ideal for frequent transportation and wearing with themselves in production needs. The micrometer weighs only 190 g, therefore, working with him for 4-6 hours a day does not tire his hands. The goods are delivered in a durable case, the corners of which are protected steel plates. When hit or dropped, the case also remains whole.
- the “foot” of the fixing screw is located more conveniently than competitors;
- simple control of two buttons;
- smooth ratchet;
- choice of measuring system.
- no graphic scale;
- without calibration plates.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.