Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Often, when choosing a power tool, buyers prefer the Japanese brand Makita, which is distinguished by its high quality. Makita company produces a wide variety of rock drills, so it is useful to consider the rating of the most popular of them, based on feedback from owners and craftsmen, and taking into account the characteristics of the equipment. This will facilitate the choice and help to purchase the product that best suits future tasks.
Rating of the best Makita rock drills
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best Makita rock drills||1||Makita HR5210C||RUB 42,950|
|2||Makita HR4003C||RUB 30,101|
|3||Makita HR2811F||RUB 15 089|
|4||Makita HR2475||8 606 RUB|
|5||Makita HR2020||RUB 6,933|
The most powerful model from Makita. Consumes 1500 watts and makes 2159 blows every minute. With the help of a solid drill, it is possible to make holes in concrete with a diameter of up to 52 mm. If you insert a crown, you can drill a circle of 160 mm. Users in the reviews share that the hammer hammer hits the lance in an instant, and the heavy weight of 10.8 kg helps to absorb vibration. But the device drills only with a blow, which is important to consider when choosing. The manufacturer Makita equipped the hammer drill with a spindle lock and a safety clutch.
The hammer drill ranks first in the rating of Makita power tools, since it is endowed with a tangential beating energy of 19.7 J, which is 2-4 times higher than that of other models. This hammer drill is also the leader in power, giving out 1500 watts. Our experts recommend using this equipment for drilling particularly hard materials such as natural stone, concrete made from M1000 grade cements, refractory bricks.
- when the drill gets jammed, the perforator does not turn out of hand;
- the set includes a case;
- the second handle in the form of a bracket, rather than a pin, is especially convenient for holding;
- indicator of close replacement of brushes.
- hard to hold even with two hands;
- high power consumption when working throughout the day;
- bulky during transportation;
- the harder it is to find the SDS-max drill bit.
Excellent hammer drill from Makita with a power of 1100 W and an impact force of 8.3 J With a drill, it will turn out to make holes with a diameter of up to 40 mm, and using a crown up to 105 mm. At the top of the body there is a mode switch and a depth stop. The masters in the reviews say that it is convenient for them to work, and although it does not provide for a vibration elimination system, the large weight physically reduces its effect on the hands.
This Makita hammer drill belongs to the powerful models, although it is twice inferior in terms of chiseling energy to the leader of the rating. It is allowed to be used for quick dismantling of partitions or drilling hard materials, but experts drew attention to it also due to the 5 m long supply wire, which other rock drills in the Makita range do not have. This will help you do without an extension cord in most places by plugging the instrument directly into a power outlet.
- there are separate modes for drilling and chiselling;
- the power key is blocked from accidental start;
- a convenient case and grease for a cartridge with a reducer included;
- easy maintenance (easy opening of the grease compartment).
- there is no vibration damping system;
- difficult to hold for a long time due to the weight of 6.2 kg;
- to remove the retaining ring on the barrel, the help of a second person is required;
- plastic creaks during operation.
A mid-priced hammer drill from the Makita brand, consuming 800 W for every hour of operation. The tool is equipped with an SDS-Plus chuck for easy accessory selection. When rotating, the device makes up to 4500 strokes and develops a speed of 1100 rpm. There are three independent modes for different applications and surface hardness. Makita comes in a carrying case. A safety clutch will protect the tool from rotation when the drill gets jammed.
The experts added this rock drill to the rating as it is the most compact Makita model with a transverse electric motor. The D-shaped main handle and short body are practical for use at height and hold with one hand. Where strong pressure is needed, a second handle with 360-degree rotation is provided. Even with the hammer drill of this model, the manufacturer Makita has provided a diode illumination of the working area, so you do not have to take a flashlight with you to a height or stretch out wired lighting.
- low power consumption;
- anti-vibration system in the handle;
- wide launch key and unauthorized activation lock;
- three operating modes and a convenient switch.
- drilling diameter is limited to 28 mm;
- an impact energy of 2.9 J will require a longer exposure to hard concrete from M600 cement.
Makita released this perforator with a longitudinal motor, which affected the size of the case. The configuration allows you to comfortably rest against the D-shaped handle from the shoulder and push hard, accelerating the drilling process. The equipment has a power of 780 W and makes 4500 blows at a speed of 1100 rpm. With a modest 2.7 J impact energy, this rock drill can be used to drill a hole in concrete up to 24 mm in diameter. As with the previous model, three modes have been introduced at once for regular drilling or pure chiseling without rotation. According to the owners, it takes 10 seconds to drill a hole with a diameter of 10 mm and a depth of 8 cm in the bearing wall.
Our experts have ranked the rock drill as one of the lightest in the Makita range. It weighs exactly 3 kg and is ideal for fixing household appliances, shelves, lathing anchor holes.
- three operating modes;
- easy selection of equipment for fixing grooves in the chuck;
- reverse for better drill recovery;
- network cable 4 m.
- inconvenient to use at a height where you need to hold on with one hand;
- strong vibration is felt;
- not suitable for combination with crowns.
This is one of the simplest Makita screwdrivers in the rating, released with a 710 W motor, a rotation speed of 1050 rpm and a blow rate of 4050. The model is supplied in a case, and is equipped with a second rotating handle, an engagement lock and a depth stop. The device weighs only 2.3 kg and looks like a drill, but the budget option has affected the lack of a pure chiseling function. Users in the reviews recommend it as the best for home renovation. The hammer drill is not expensive and functional.
According to our experts, the Makita model has earned a place in the ranking of the best due to its versatility. It will be possible to install a metal profile crate with a perforator, and then screw drywall sheets with it, since it supports the function of a screwdriver and has electronic speed control. To quickly change the drill, there is a special holder for storing the bit on the handle.
- wide key and accidental start blocker;
- loop for fixing bits;
- weight 2.3 kg;
- able to drill for a long time without overheating.
- a circumference of no more than 20 mm can be drilled in concrete;
- difficult replacement of brushes;
- the main handle slides;
- an inconvenient reversing switch.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.