Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Each residential building and apartment has communications that the owners want to hide aesthetically. To do this, strobes are made in the walls, floor or ceiling for laying electrical wiring, water supply or sewage. To work with materials such as concrete, brick, gas and foam blocks, you need a specialized tool. It is called a groove cutter or groove cutter. The electric appliance resembles a grinder, distinguished by greater power and stability. In the arsenal of the domestic manufacturer Interskol there are wall chasers of various sizes, productivity and cost. Recommendations of our experts will help you choose the right model.
Power. Depending on the volume and nature of the work, as well as on the size of the groove, the engine power is selected.
- For domestic purposes, it is enough to purchase a furrow maker with a power of 1300-1500 W. Due to the high revolutions, it is possible to make cuts both in soft blocks and in hard concrete.
- The most difficult tasks are capable of handling 2000-3000 W wall chasers. They allow you to make deep and wide cuts in the strongest building base.
Number of disks. Wall chasers differ in the number of discs that can be mounted on the spindle.
- Single-disc models make narrow cuts (saw blade thickness). Therefore, to cut a groove, you will have to make two parallel cuts in two passes.
- Double-disc furrowers can be immediately adjusted to a specific groove width, making two cuts in one pass. Such models compare favorably with performance.
Saw blade diameter. Each wall chaser has a protective cover that limits the saw blade diameter.
- In household models, discs with a maximum diameter of 115 or 125 mm are most often used. The maximum cutting depth is 30-40 mm.
- Professional wall chasers can be equipped with discs with a maximum diameter of 230 mm. Such devices allow making furrows up to 70 mm deep.
- Additional options. To make working with the furrower safe and convenient, manufacturers complete their products with a number of useful options.
- A large amount of fine dust is generated during the sawing process. It is easier to assemble it by connecting a vacuum cleaner to the wall chaser. For this, there must be a special connecting pipe on the casing.
- The constant speed control option allows you to automatically maintain the set speed at different loads.
- Protection against accidental activation is required in the event of an unexpected power outage. When power is restored, the device will not turn on by itself, ensuring the safety of the operator.
- The soft start option allows extending the service life of electric motors. It also enhances operational safety at startup.
We have selected 4 best Interskol wall chasers for review. These devices can be purchased in stores in our country. When allocating seats, the editorial board of the journal relied on the opinion of the expert community, taking into account the reviews of Russian users.
Rating of the best wall chasers Interskol
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best wall chasers Interskol||1||Interskol PD-230 / 2600E||RUB 9 270|
|2||Interskol UOM-230/2100||RUB 4,700|
|3||Interskol PD-125 / 1400E||RUB 4,758|
|4||Interskol OM-115/1300||RUB 4,500|
Interskol PD-230 / 2600E
The most powerful wall chaser in the Interskol model range is the PD-230 / 2600E electrical device. The engine of the device has a power of 2600 W, developing a rotation speed of up to 6600 rpm. With the help of the model, it is possible to make grooves with a depth of 20 to 65 mm. The groove width can vary from 3 to 41 mm. For comfortable work, the manufacturer has equipped its product with such options as maintaining constant speed, the ability to connect a vacuum cleaner, protection against accidental start-up and smooth start. To work with this wall chaser, you will need two saw blades with a 22.2 mm bore diameter. The experts praised the device for its low noise level and quality workmanship.
Users are completely satisfied with the power, decent build quality, performance. On the downside, they include a lot of weight (10.7 kg).
- high performance;
- ease of use;
- high-quality assembly;
- low noise level.
- great weight.
The Interskol UOM-230/2100 furrower can handle large volumes of work. It combines high power (2100 W) with a record cutting depth (70 mm). The model outperforms the review leader in terms of lightness (7.4 kg) and cost. The manufacturer saved on some additional options by installing only a branch pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner. The wall chaser works with one disc with a diameter of 230 mm and a bore size of 22.2 mm. Experts recommend using the model for laying pipes in houses or apartments.
Domestic builders praise the appliance for its affordable price and deep cut, reliability and unpretentiousness. Of the shortcomings, a short cord and an ill-conceived casing design are often mentioned. Therefore, the model receives the silver of our review.
- deep cut;
- good power;
- affordable price;
- short cord;
- ill-conceived casing.
Interskol PD-125 / 1400E
If the slitting depth is limited to 30 mm, then you should pay attention to the Interskol PD-125 / 1400E model. The device is equipped with two saw blades with a diameter of 125 mm (bore size 22.2 mm), which allows you to vary the groove width from 3 to 29 mm. The device is powered by an electric motor with a power of 1400 W, the rotation speed reaches 9500 rpm. Stroborez is highly popular with Russian builders and property owners. The experts liked the rich equipment, there is a smooth start, connection to a vacuum cleaner, protection against accidental start-up and speed support. The buyers are attracted by the affordable price and low weight (3.9 kg).
The build quality did not allow the chaser to climb higher. For example, users have to widen the hole in the rollers.
- lightness and compactness;
- affordable price;
- rich equipment;
- resourceful motor.
- there are complaints about the build quality.
The Interskol OM-115/1300 model became the lightest and most compact wall chaser in our review. The device weighs only 3 kg, the manufacturer has provided the ability to change the cutting angle. Experts note the convenience of working in hard-to-reach places, a long power cord (4 m). It requires one saw blade up to 115 mm in diameter. Users should pay attention to the 20mm rim when choosing a rig. The device is powered by an electric motor with a power of 1350 W. Good performance is achieved due to the high rotation speed (13000 rpm) of the disk.
The wall chaser closes our view due to poor equipment. You cannot connect a vacuum cleaner to it, there is no soft start. Users consider short-lived bearings to be the weak point of the model.
- lightness and compactness;
- affordable price;
- long cord;
- comfortable handle.
- a lot of dust;
- short-lived bearings.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.