Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The superiority of using LED lamps over incandescent lamps is undeniable. LED devices have a service life of 25-50 thousand hours, they go to work lighting in 1-2 seconds, and the loss of light power in 12 months does not exceed 4%. They also do not contain mercury or other harmful substances. Street lamps with this technology are used for decorative illumination of buildings and territories, supplying diffused light to sidewalks and platforms, as well as for targeted illumination of specific places with spotlights. If you are thinking about purchasing street LED luminaires, then in the article you will find tips for choosing and an overview of the best models for various installation locations.
- How to choose an outdoor LED light
- Rating of the best outdoor LED lights
- Best Ground LED Street Lights
- Paulmann Plug & Shine Floor 93912
- Solar Cube / Box LED 93774
- Globo Lighting Solar 33271
- Wonderful garden Lamp Irises white 695
- Eglo Lamedo 93482
- Best Wall Mounted LED Street Lights
- Eglo Pernate 97307
- Paulmann Cone 79681
- Citilux CLU0004D
- Eglo Cantzo 97154
- ST Luce Tubo SL561.701.01
- Eglo Helvella 96418
- Arte Lamp A6079AL-1GY
- Paulmann Wall Luminaire 94188
- Globo Lighting Evalia 34153
- Eglo Robledo 96013
- Best Ground LED Street Lights
- Globo Lighting Celio 34202S
- Eglo Penalva 1 94819
- Globo Lighting Monika 32407
- Eglo Doninni 96498
- Lightstar Piatto 379947
- Best Pendant LED Street Lights
- Eglo Cados 39319
- Lightstar Lampione 375070
- Globo Lighting Solar 33970
How to choose an outdoor LED light
In order to know how to choose a street light with LED technology, it is important to remember a few key parameters:
- Power. It happens from 0.05 to 80 W and indicates what voltage the device will consume. Those whose lighting will work 12-15 hours a day should look for goods with a lower power for the sake of economy, if this does not violate safety standards for the amount of light at the facility.
- Brightness. Measured in lumens. The value directly depends on the power. For example, a conventional incandescent lamp produces a luminous flux of 1300 lumens. The same brightness is reproduced by an LED device with an indicator of 14 W. Consider how much your area should be illuminated, and select the appropriate brightness. For calculations at civilian objects, the rules of SNiP 23-05-2010 are used.
- Voltage. The diodes are powered from 1.5-24 V, which is important to consider when choosing an adapter to reduce the voltage from a household single-phase 220 V.
- Connection type. There are outdoor devices with a wired connection, where, during installation, you will have to lay wiring and protect it from bad weather and mechanical damage. Other LED lights are solar powered and fully self-contained. It is much easier and safer to install them.
- Protection of the case. Outdoor lighting devices must be protected from dust and moisture. The level of protection can be from IP20 to IP67 – this affects the place of operation and the possibility of installation in pools, fountains and lawns with intensive irrigation.
- Body material. Practice shows that metal luminaires last longer than plastic ones. This is due to the fact that on the street they are exposed to gusts of wind, blows of hail, raindrops and weight from adhered snow.
- Features of the reflector. The light from the LED flashlight can be diffused or directed, which is influenced by the shape of the reflective bulb. Consider this depending on the tasks prepared for the device (highlight a sign, a column or a playground, a courtyard of a private house).
- Colour temperature. The light emitted can range from warm white (like a candle) to cool white. The property depends on the heating of the LED element on the Kelvin scale. 1800-3200 K is warm light. 3400-4600 K – just white. 4800-6600 K – cold with a light blue. Thanks to this, you can play with the decoration of buildings and landscapes, as well as choose a comfortable light for the eyes while working.
- Dimmable. Connecting a street lamp driver to a dimmer allows you to adjust the brightness of the lighting. Not all LED devices support this operation, so you need to find out in advance the functionality of the LED lamp.
Street lighting devices with diode technology are available for different locations and installation methods. It is on this principle that the products are divided in our review.
Rating of the best outdoor LED lights
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Ground LED Street Lights||1||Paulmann Plug & Shine Floor 93912||RUB 8,657|
|2||Solar Cube / Box LED 93774||RUB 4,327|
|3||Globo Lighting Solar 33271||RUB 1,621|
|4||Wonderful garden Lamp Irises white 695||RUB 1,307|
|5||Eglo Lamedo 93482||RUB 3,890|
|Best Wall Mounted LED Street Lights||1||Eglo Pernate 97307||RUB 6,431|
|2||Paulmann Cone 79681||RUB 9,943|
|3||Citilux CLU0004D||RUB 5,192|
|4||Eglo Cantzo 97154||5382 RUB|
|5||ST Luce Tubo SL561.701.01||RUB 3,900|
|6||Eglo Helvella 96418||RUB 1,990|
|7||Arte Lamp A6079AL-1GY||RUB 2,230|
|8||Paulmann Wall Luminaire 94188||RUB 2,509|
|9||Globo Lighting Evalia 34153||RUB 5,061|
|10||Eglo Robledo 96013||RUB 3,842|
|Best Ground LED Street Lights||1||Globo Lighting Celio 34202S||RUB 11 210|
|2||Eglo Penalva 1 94819||RUB 2,482|
|3||Globo Lighting Monika 32407||RUB 5 393|
|4||Eglo Doninni 96498||RUB 7 628|
|5||Lightstar Piatto 379947||RUB 1,859|
|Best Pendant LED Street Lights||1||Eglo Cados 39319||RUB 5,221|
|2||Lightstar0 Lampione 37507||RUB 2 622|
|3||Globo Lighting Solar 33970||721 RUB|
Best Ground LED Street Lights
This type of luminaire is ground mounted and can be used for decorative lighting of lawns, paths in the garden, sidewalks or perimeter around the building. The upper part of the luminaire is flush with the ground or rises slightly above the surface.
Paulmann Plug & Shine Floor 93912
In the first place is a street lamp from the German brand Paulmann. The LED device is made in a cylindrical steel case and painted with black powder coating, which protects the metal from corrosion. The LED lamp is located under a flat glass and the light is directed upwards. The LED element is accessed by unscrewing four screws in the top cover. The style of the Hi-Tech building will suit both an office building and a cottage courtyard. Inside the case there is one LED lamp with a power of 6 W, powered by a voltage of 24 V. The module is protected from moisture penetration according to IP67. To install a recessed luminaire on the street in the sidewalk, you need to drill a hole with a diameter of 13.5 cm and a depth of 15 cm. Users in the reviews like that the switch is already provided by the manufacturer and is located on the wire.
Our experts have rated this LED model as the most durable for outdoor use. Even if he is inadvertently hit by a car, he will not be damaged. It also gives out a luminous flux of 675 lumens with a temperature of 4000 K.
- steel body;
- universal design, suitable for any building or area;
- can be used in pools and fountains;
- compact body dimensions 14×15 cm;
- the switch is located on the wire.
- will give only a narrow “column” of light;
- high price;
- the glasses quickly get smeared, which mutes the brightness.
Solar Cube / Box LED 93774
In second place is a square street model for landscaping. The luminaire gives out a flux of 3.6 lm with a color temperature of 2700 K. The manufacturer has endowed it with a metal case with full water resistance, therefore, the LED device can be used not only in the open air, but also in fountains. The power of the street lighting device is 0.24 W, and the power is obtained from a voltage of 1.5 V. The manufacturer promises that the street lamp will work up to 15,000 hours. Users like the reviews that a light sensor is already built into the lamp, so when it gets dark outside, it turns on automatically.
The luminaire is ideal for decorating paths paved with paving slabs. The square shape with dimensions of 100×100 mm allows it to be laid in the place of permanent operation without drilling or cutting off FEM bricks. This saves installation time and increases the naturalness of elements in landscape design.
- waterproof case;
- low power consumption 0.24 W;
- withstands loads up to 500 kg;
- built-in light sensor.
- very weak light;
- relatively short service life of 15,000 hours.
Globo Lighting Solar 33271
Another LED ground light for landscaping. It is made on a bracket that is submerged in the ground. Product dimensions are 68x21x14 cm. The LED model is suitable for placement along paths and sidewalks in the garden. If necessary, the bracket can be easily pulled out and moved to another place if you want to change the trajectory of the street lighting. The owners in the reviews are satisfied with the solar-powered LED optics. Thanks to this, there is no need to pull wires to the outdoor appliance, which further simplifies installation. The power of the LED lamp is 0.05 W, and the luminous flux is 270 lm.
In our opinion, the lamp is the best for organizing a romantic atmosphere in the garden. Its retro London-style design makes the street feel more welcoming. If desired, the rectangular body can be removed from the hook and taken with you to the gazebo, placing it on the table. The color of the fittings can be brown, brass, copper or bronze, which enhances the garden design options.
- easy installation;
- can be reinstalled to a different location;
- metal case;
- powered by a solar panel.
- weak light, which is barely enough for an area of 0.1 m²;
- the lamp is easy to steal, so it can only be placed in a private area behind a fence.
Wonderful garden Lamp Irises white 695
This outdoor lighting element belongs to the floral category and is designed to decorate flower beds. The plafond is placed on green fittings that imitate plant stems. They simply dig into the ground in an arbitrary place. Inside the non-standard shades there are 4 lamps with a power of 0.60 watts each. The total figure is 2.4 watts. The lamp is powered by a solar battery, so there is no need to lay wires. The light sensor monitors the time of day and turns on the street lighting at the first dusk. The case is protected from dust and moisture at the IP44 level, so it easily withstands rain, but you cannot lower the device under water.
Another outdoor ground light, which we recognized as the best for the design with imitation of iris flowers. In the dark, the floristic device illuminates the artificial plants in white and blue, slightly reflecting on the surrounding natural flowers. Customer reviews show that the LED lamp can change colors, for which a small control unit is provided. This is an original way to decorate your garden.
- easy installation by pressing into the ground;
- no need to lay wires;
- there is a solar battery;
- built-in light sensor;
- the ability to change colors.
- almost does not highlight the paths – only for flower bed decoration;
- easy to steal by intruders.
Eglo Lamedo 93482
Completing the category is a product for outdoor installation from the Austrian brand Eglo. The luminaire from the Lamedo series is made in a modern style and is equipped with a cylindrical metal body. Above it has a flat glass lid, which hides a lamp with many LEDs. The outdoor appliance is powered by a single-phase 220 V network, but it consumes 2.5 W per hour, which is very economical and users like it in reviews. The body is completely protected from water penetration, so the luminaire can be placed in fountains or around the perimeter of a building, even if it is being poured from a downpipe. The color of the nickel base enhances the beauty of the model.
We considered the luminaire for outdoor use to be the best in terms of compactness and output brightness. With a diameter of 100 mm and a weight of 400 g, the LED element produces 180 lumens with a temperature of 3000 K. LED counterparts of competitors with such indicators are much larger than 130-150 mm and weigh a kilogram. If you need small luminaires suitable for practical lighting of the territory (not just decorative), then choose this option.
- full waterproof IP67;
- 5 years warranty;
- metal case;
- economical power consumption.
- it is necessary to lay an insulated mains wire with a voltage of 220 V;
- brightness strength is not adjustable;
- high price.
Best Wall Mounted LED Street Lights
Wall mounted LED street lighting models are used to supply light to paths around a building or to illuminate walls, columns and arches to enhance the beauty of a structure at night. Here are the best products in this category with positive reviews and good characteristics.
Eglo Pernate 97307
In the first place is an outdoor wall lamp with LED technology, giving out a brightness of 1250 lumens with a glow temperature of 3000 K. The luminous flux is directed downward and illuminates the paths and the user with yellowish warm waves. At the same time, the LED element consumes only 11 W, which is 10 times more economical than an incandescent lamp with the same brightness characteristics. To connect the sconce, it is necessary to lay an isolated 220 V network. The luminaire body is made of metal and is protected from negative outdoor factors in the form of rain and snow according to the IP44 standard. There are three shade options available to customers. The manufacturer claims that the lamp will last for 25,000 hours of operation.
Experts have recognized the LED wall light as the best because of the originality of the design. In shape, it is a ring with a through hole inside. This design collects less dust on itself and immediately attracts the attention of guests.
- resource up to 25000 hours;
- shade color can be white, gray or black;
- steel body;
- brightness 1250 lm.
- high price;
- you cannot change the angle of inclination;
- a network cable is required;
- needs to be firmly fixed to the wall – weighs almost 1 kg.
Paulmann Cone 79681
It is an architectural outdoor luminaire that is used to illuminate buildings or signage on them. The plastic shade has a cylindrical shape and is fixed to vertical reinforcement. The latter is made of metal. The case has a degree of IP44 for dust and moisture resistance, therefore it is suitable for outdoor use in the rain. The luminaire needs a 220 V connection and has a power of 12 W, which is shared by two LED lamps inside. The luminous flux has a brightness of 1080 lumens, and its color temperature of 4000 K gives a neutral white light. The manufacturer claims that the lamp will last up to 30,000 hours.
The street model was remembered by experts with its already built-in motion sensor. This allows you to save even more on energy bills. The LED optics will turn on only when a person approaches, which is practical for illuminating advertising banners and posters along sidewalks. In the absence of people, the lamp goes out as unnecessary.
- resource 30,000 h;
- pleasant white glow;
- consumes 12 W / h;
- brightness equivalent to 80W filament.
- high price;
- plastic shade can be broken.
And here is another architectural street-type wall lamp, which has dimensions of 14x12x13 cm and is made in a cylindrical shape on a fixed base in the middle. Inside there are two 6W bulbs. Judging by the reviews, buyers like the interesting appearance of the product, notable for two white luminous rings at the edges of the tube. It is completely made of metal and can be black, beige or gray. Sealed to IP54, dust penetrating does not damage the contacts. The brightness of the LED optics here is 800 lumens, and the color temperature of 4000 K gives a pleasant neutral white glow.
A feature of the street lighting device is its two-way action. One LED light is directed upward and the other downward. This expands the scope of the model, which can be simultaneously used for decorative illumination of a wall and practical illumination of a wall staircase leading on the outside to the second floor or to the basement.
- made entirely of metal;
- Beautiful design;
- available in three colors;
- compact dimensions.
- high price;
- brightness cannot be adjusted;
- wire routing required.
Eglo Cantzo 97154
Continuing the review is a LED street lamp with a power of 8 W, emitting 1100 lumens. His glow is in the warm yellow range due to a temperature of 3000 K. A product for street use is already being sold with two LED lamps. Their resource should be enough for 25 thousand hours. The device belongs to the first class of electrical safety and does not need a socket with grounding – a wiring of two wires is enough to connect 220 V. The fittings are made of metal, but the shades are plastic here. The case is protected from the penetration of large objects with a diameter of up to 1 mm, but dust gets into it. The LED street light requires two dowels to mount, as its weight is 1 kg.
Once again, the street model impresses with its design. The Y-shaped rectangular shape turned upside down to the wall is not at all like a lamp in the daytime, but is a mysterious wall element. But in the evening, bright white light is emitted from thin strips in two directions, which is enough for decorative illumination of the building and illumination of the path passing by.
- sold with lamps;
- simple energy safety class I, which does not require grounding;
- resource 25000 h;
- Beautiful design.
- dust gets inside the case;
- plastic shades gradually turn yellow in the sun;
- protected only from rain and splashes.
ST Luce Tubo SL561.701.01
The LED shade is designed in a minimalist style and has a body in the form of a steel tube. The armature is also made of metal, which increases resistance to negative factors. The design is completely dustproof and resistant to direct splash water. Inside there is one LED lamp with a power of 5 W, emitting a stream of 4000 K. In the reviews, the owners like the soft lighting of the street sconce, which creates additional comfort in the yard. The dimensions of the plafond are 17×9 cm and it weighs 950 g. It is mounted to the wall by means of an overhead method. A 220 V cable suitable for the soffit needs to be insulated with a corrugation or hidden wiring.
We considered the luminaire the best due to the special shape of the diffuser, which increases the efficiency of the LED flashlight. Thanks to the well-thought-out design of the reflector, a small street lamp is enough to illuminate an area of 3 m². For competitors with similar characteristics, this figure is 2 m².
- LED lamp included;
- creates soft lighting that enhances comfort;
- minimalist style;
- The robust housing is well suited for outdoor use.
- shines in only one direction;
- you cannot change the angle of inclination relative to the reinforcement.
Eglo Helvella 96418
The LED sconce for wall placement gives out a power of 3.7 W and is powered by a voltage of 220-240 V. There is one light bulb inside, emitting a flux of 320 lumens with a temperature of 3000 K. Its resource is 25 thousand hours. The dimensions of the luminaire are 21x7x10 cm and it weighs 880 g. The fittings are metal, and the lampshade is plastic. Reviews show that buyers are happy with the easy disassembly of the frame if diodes need to be replaced. To do this, just pull the cover up and towards you. This allows the device to be disassembled without using keys. The owners also like the design of the sconce, which resembles an hourglass configuration when turned on.
The LED street light was recognized as the best by us due to the light scattering field. Unlike most competitors in the review, it is equipped with a transparent plastic bulb, so the luminous flux is directed not only forward, but also 180 degrees relative to the axis of the device. Due to this design, more space is illuminated.
- I class of energy safety;
- warm white radiation does not hurt the eyes;
- beautiful hourglass effect;
- easy dismantling of fittings in case of repair.
- the plastic shade is rather fragile;
- the case is open to dust.
Arte Lamp A6079AL-1GY
Street wall lamp Arte Lamp A6079AL-1GY has dimensions of 18x18x7 cm and weighs 530 g. It is equipped with a diode block with a total power of 6 W and reproduces a light wave with a temperature of 3000 K. Brightness of 320 lm allows it to be used not only as an architectural element, but also in as a functional illumination of paths along the wall of the building. The design is fully protected from dust and weather.
Pay attention to the interesting shape of the street lamp. It is equipped with an opaque visor that covers the armature and the scattering rays from the front. This is important when it is required to illuminate the area from above and from the sides so that the light does not hit the eyes of observers. For example, such LED sconces are broadcast to illuminate street mosaics and panels. LED spotlights are produced in black or white, which allows you to create “invisible” light sources on the surface of the same tone, since the frames merge with the wall due to the oval shape.
- durable metal body;
- LED lamp included;
- brightness 360 lm;
- muted warm color.
- there is no way to adjust the brightness;
- flush mounting of 220 V wiring is required.
Paulmann Wall Luminaire 94188
Further in the review is a more classic LED shade made in a modern style. It is endowed with a power of 15 W and is powered by a voltage of 220 V. The plastic hemisphere effectively diffuses light rays 180 degrees relative to the base. Users in the reviews like the 6.6 cm diameter of the night light, which allows it to be placed on vertical beams or a frame wall. The casing of the LED spotlight does not allow dust to enter the contact area, but is not designed for water jets.
A street wall lamp with LED is suitable for high-quality illumination of terraces with a roof, especially if the canopy is collapsible. Fixing the luminaire to the wall does not require pulling the extension cord to the attachment point each time, as is the case with a ceiling installation. With the canopy unfolded, there will be enough light under it due to the brightness of the diodes of 1500 lm, which is 15% higher than the indicator of the classic incandescent lamp of 100 W. This will allow you not only to eat or have conversations on the terrace, but also to read.
- very bright lighting;
- economical power consumption 15 W per hour;
- flow dispersion 180 degrees relative to the base;
- the discreet look is compatible with any type of architecture.
- all elements are made of plastic;
- can not be used in high humidity conditions.
Globo Lighting Evalia 34153
Among the wall-mounted LED street lights, Globo Lighting Evalia 34153 stands out, which has two-way action. The wall lamp is equipped with two 220 V lamps with a power of 13.6 W. They generate a luminous flux with a temperature of 3000 K and a brightness of 250 lumens. Placement behind durable glass protects the LEDs from hail or rain drops. A small street lamp can illuminate up to 7 m².
The lamp in the hands of a skilled designer is suitable for playing on contrast due to the large black case 16x6x9 cm rectangular. It serves as a massive element that looks good on a light wall. Thus, the product is worth paying attention not only for the sake of architectural lighting, but also for an overall improvement in design. For a black wall, the lantern, on the contrary, will become “invisible” and will create the feeling of light coming from the inside, if you look at the building directly.
- 2 LED bulbs already included;
- metal frame with glass inserts;
- suitable for lighting an area of 7 m²;
- modern style.
- high price;
- no water jets are allowed.
Eglo Robledo 96013
Further in the review is an oblong LED lantern with a transparent bulb inside. In it, the LED elements are located opposite each other at the ends, so the radiation does not hit the eyes when looking at a right angle. Each lamp is powered by 3.7W for a total of 7.4W. The luminous flux has a brightness of 640 lumens with a temperature of 3000 K. Users in reviews note that things falling into the diode lighting zone look natural, without color distortion. The construction with dimensions of 26×7.5×7.5 cm is hung vertically on the wall, and the contact area is hidden from the penetration of debris and water.
The LED street light is notable for creating light around it in the shape of a horizontal butterfly. This provides illumination of the wall area and adjacent paths, as well as favorably emphasizes the decorative elements located on the sides (stucco, edging, bas-reliefs).
- 80 Ra color rendering index allows you to see everything in natural light;
- service life up to 25000 hours;
- economical power consumption 7.4 W / h;
- beautiful silver color.
- fragile plastic shade;
- in strong winds, dust gets behind the plastic lampshade and spoils the view.
Best Ground LED Street Lights
Ground-based LED lighting features a high base that can be mounted on floors, tiles or ground. Due to the size of the bracket, light diffusion is carried out with a large diameter, so the efficiency of LED lights is higher. They are used to illuminate paths, as the contours of the fence at night, or to decorate the areas of street cafes.
Globo Lighting Celio 34202S
In the first place in the category of ground luminaires, we brought the model Celio 34202S, endowed with one 11W LED bulb. The street post is 100 cm high and made of steel. The upper part contains a curly cut with a plastic insert for the shade. The luminous flux of the diodes is 810 lm and illuminates up to 5.5 m² of area. For operation, the LED lamp must be connected to a 220 V network. The shiny silver color of the street rack is clearly visible in the daytime, so users will not stumble over it.
This is the best ground light for marking the perimeter of the parking area. The height of the LED poles is 1 m, so they are clearly visible both to the driver in the rear-view mirror and to the parking sensors in the bumper. The stainless steel rack is excellent for outdoor use and does not rust. The presence of a built-in motion sensor will help save energy, because the LED lamp will turn on only when a person or a car approaches.
- Beautiful design;
- made of corrosion-resistant metal;
- there is a built-in motion sensor;
- illuminates an area of 5.5 m².
- high price;
- brightness cannot be adjusted.
Eglo Penalva 1 94819
The ground luminaire with LED technology has a power of 4 W, obtained from a single-phase 220 V. There is one lamp inside, generating a brightness of 280 lumens with a glow temperature of 3000 K. The transparent shade provides maximum throughput, but user reviews indicate that the light does not hit in the eyes even when close to the LED flashlight. The plafond is placed on a metal stand measuring 95×7.5×7.5 cm. The column weighs 2 kg and needs to be securely fixed. The tightness of the structure is at the IP44 level, therefore it easily tolerates rain and wind.
These LED bollards are optimal to illuminate the park path with a muted yellow color. The black color of the counter does not catch the eye and does not distract from the more important design elements in the park (sculptures, flower beds, fountains and alpine slides), but in the dark, your patio with paths will always be lit.
- resource up to 25000 h;
- low power consumption;
- high-quality rack coverage;
- suitable for use in the rain.
- no motion sensor;
- only a couple of m² are illuminated around;
- brightness is not dimmable.
Globo Lighting Monika 32407
This LED street light differs from the above described in a shorter height of 50 cm versus 95-100 for competitors. But in diameter it is twice as large – 14 cm. Fastening to the base (tiles, concrete floor, etc.) is carried out using 3 dowels. The massive bollard is clearly visible and can serve not only as a source of illumination in the dark, but also as a mechanical barrier for vehicles to enter the park. Inside is one 4.8W LED lamp generating 350 lumens. This is enough to illuminate an area of 2.4 m².
The feature of the LED night light for ground installation is the original shape of the shade. It is made of solid (monolithic) transparent plastic, through which, at the time of solidification, air bubbles were passed. They are motionlessly frozen in the thickness of the plexus and serve as additional edges for reflecting LED radiation, and also increase the aesthetics of the product. It is very interesting to look at this structure in the dark.
- high-quality rack coating protects the metal from corrosion;
- can be used in open areas;
- unusual design of the LED plafond;
- stable base.
- high price;
- illuminates only 2.4 m².
Eglo Doninni 96498
The ground luminaire is made of metal and has a rectangular post with a height of 40 cm, a width of 13.5 cm and a depth of 7.5 cm. The LED module is placed on a flat plate, and a small frame is created around it. Despite this open design, the LED element is fully suitable for outdoor installation and work in the rain. The total lamp power is 5 W, and the luminescence brightness reaches 430 lm. Reviews show that the LED street light does not distort natural colors, rendering everything in natural shades.
A feature of this outdoor ground luminaire, for which we recognized it as the best, is the ability to supply directional light, instead of diffused, like most competitors. For this, the LED cover is equipped with a built-in plate, placed at an angle of 60º relative to the vertical post. This allows more light to be shone onto the area at the front of the luminaire and only a little to reflect back. This functionality is useful not just to create diffused light in the garden, but to highlight specific objects.
- does not distort natural colors;
- long life of LEDs – 25000 h;
- durable metal construction;
- the ability to highlight one side of the square more than the other.
- high price;
- you can not adjust the brightness by dimmer;
- connection is possible only via a network wire.
Lightstar Piatto 379947
The LED garden light has a metal body with a height of 60 cm, ending with a plastic shade. Fastening to the slab is carried out using two anchors, for which holes have already been made in the “penny” of the base. By style, the product belongs to high-tech. Inside is a 6W LED panel that emits 450 lumens. The glow from a street pole occurs at a temperature of 4000 K, so the light is more neutral, white, rather than yellow. Users in the reviews like that the IP55 protection allows you to install lights near fountains or on abundantly irrigated lawns.
And again, the non-standard shape of the shade brought the product to our review of the best. Due to the geometry of the inverted triangle, the light is uniformly fed around the lamp post, predominantly in the downward direction, and thus does not hit upward. The use of such a lamp helps to create spectacular expressive circles of light on the lawn, which makes the landscape design even more interesting.
- metal fittings;
- easier installation by using two anchors rather than three;
- relatively affordable cost;
- protection against dust and water IP55.
- no built-in motion sensors;
- illuminates around 3 m² – a large area will require many items.
Best Pendant LED Street Lights
Suspended street lamps are intended for placement in gazebos, terraces and under canopies. They are ceiling mounted and are often not designed to withstand direct rainfall. But thanks to their special design, it will turn out to create a more cozy atmosphere. Other models can be operated in open areas and tolerate rainfall well.
Eglo Cados 39319
In the first place in the category are products from the Austrian brand Eglo. Model Cados 39319 has a steel reinforcement consisting of six rods in the form of spider legs with one bend in the middle. At the bottom, the pins converge into a ring, which houses the shade and LED round panel. The LED element is powered by a voltage of 220 V and produces 630 lm at a power of 5 W. The glow temperature of 3000 K creates a warm atmosphere. The polymer of the pendant light does not change color during operation, which is what customers like in the reviews.
We recommend the outdoor luminaire as the best one due to the possibility to choose the installation height. For this, the product has a stock of wires from the base to the base 1000 mm long. Depending on the height of the ceiling in the gazebo, you can hang the plafond at the desired level so that enough light flows down, but users would not bang their heads against it.
- minimalist design;
- easy installation;
- the total weight of 1.5 kg allows you to hang the night light even on a galvanized profile;
- the ability to adjust the height of placement with a large margin.
- high price;
- no protection from water and dust at all;
- if used in an open street kitchen, fat will adhere faster to the white body.
Lightstar Lampione 375070
The pendant lamp belongs to gardening products and can be placed both under a canopy and in an open area, for example, on a pole or an arch. The LED lamp has a power of 8 W and shines with a brightness of 360 lumens. The service life of the LEDs is 20,000 hours. The 220 V connection is carried out via a wire that is laid between the chain links for installation. You can hang the lantern at a distance of 230-800 mm from the ceiling.
This street light with LED technology has been ranked among the best for its robust design, built to withstand high winds and rain. The luminaire has a metal frame with a cover and is placed on a chain. Therefore, even gusts of strong wind will not disrupt it. There is no need to remove the lighting element for the winter. IP 54 sealed to protect against dust and heavy rain. The steel lid with a semicircular shape facilitates the natural flow of water and prevents damage to the glass from hail blows.
- made in the old style;
- robust construction;
- the ability to adjust the height of placement from 23 to 80 cm;
- cover IP54 protection.
- the service life of the LED element is slightly less than that of others – 20 thousand hours;
- brightness is not adjustable.
Globo Lighting Solar 33970
The Solar 33970 model completes the category of pendant lights, with a power of 0.06 W and a voltage of 3.2 V. The product belongs to the III class of energy safety. It is made entirely of plastic and is a translucent ball with a ribbed structure. The color of the shade can be white, pink, green, purple or red, which increases the variety of design options and is liked by customers in reviews. Despite the abundance of plastic in the structure, it is quite sealed and can be used in the rain.
We considered the pendant type street luminaire to be the best due to the built-in solar battery. This does not require a wiring line and greatly simplifies installation. The hook on the top allows you to re-hang the lighting fixture in different places, regularly changing the design in the garden. These LED models are often placed even on trees, which in a special way decorates the territory.
- affordable cost;
- easy installation;
- light weight 300 g does not bend branches when suspended from trees;
- can be operated in the rain.
- flimsy plastic frame;
- a weak glow serves only a decorative function.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.