Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The faucet in the kitchen supplies cold, hot or mixed water. Unlike a similar device in a bathroom, a faucet in the kitchen is used much more often in a day, so it must be durable and durable. How to choose the right product and which manufacturers you should pay attention to, our experts figured out.
- How to choose the right kitchen faucet
- Rating of the best manufacturers of kitchen faucets
- Best inexpensive kitchen faucet manufacturers
- The best manufacturers of kitchen faucets in terms of price-performance ratio
- Jacob Delafon
- The best manufacturers of premium kitchen faucets
How to choose the right kitchen faucet
To understand which kitchen faucet will be better, let's remember a few key factors that are considered when choosing:
- Water opening method. It can be classic (in the form of two swivel 'lambs'), lever (moving towards yourself / away from yourself or left / right) or non-contact (on touch sensors from offering hands or dishes). The easier it is to start the water, the easier it is to use the appliance during cooking, when you need to regularly wash your hands, cutlery or food.
- Spout geometry and height. The design of the faucet in the kitchen can be semicircular, U-shaped, L-shaped, etc. It is important that there is enough space from the edge of the sink to install a saucepan, multicooker bowl or other large dishes, otherwise they will hit the side during washing. The height of the spout makes it easy to draw water into a plastic bottle or pot. Models for the kitchen with an indicator of 25-40 cm are considered high (from the installation site to the edge of the hole from where the water flows). The middle ones are 12-15 cm. The smallest are 5-7 cm. The last option is suitable only for deep sinks, otherwise you will only be able to wash your hands under it.
- Rotation function. The possibility of turning the 'gander' to the left or to the right is convenient for washing and rinsing dishes in a combined double sink. It also allows you to move the tap to the side when working with a chicken carcass, so as not to beat it against the spout.
- Pre-filter All kitchen faucets have a built-in mesh at the end of the 'gander' to prevent solids (salt, alkali) from escaping. This prevents mineral inclusions from entering the cooking water. It also divides the flow, softening the water and reducing splashes. But in models with a pre-filter, an additional mesh protects the mixer itself from clogging with minerals.
- Retractable watering can. The presence of a pull-out shower is convenient for washing dishes or products in a deep sink and saves time with a large amount of vegetables.
- Filtered water channel. Allows you to connect the supply of purified drinking water to a single tap, so as not to mount an additional spout from the filter.
- Material. Faucets are made of chrome-plated steel, copper, bronze, stainless steel, plastic. The first type is the most affordable, but chrome plating sometimes peels off. The second and third look interesting, but require regular cleaning as they fade. Stainless steel will not peel or tarnish, but the polish will eventually become covered with small scratches.
- The faucet design is chosen according to personal preferences and the overall kitchen interior. There are classic options, high-tech, country, Provence and Scandinavian.
Rating of the best manufacturers of kitchen faucets
|Best inexpensive kitchen faucet manufacturers||1||IDDIS||5.0|
|The best manufacturers of kitchen faucets in terms of price-performance ratio||1||WASSERKRAFT||5.0|
|The best manufacturers of premium kitchen faucets||1||CEZARES||5.0|
Best inexpensive kitchen faucet manufacturers
First, consider the category of manufacturers whose products are in a relatively inexpensive price segment. This is the best option for the first renovation in the kitchen or when funds are limited, and the tap suddenly broke.
In the first place among manufacturers with inexpensive products is IDDIS. The brand was registered by the SKL trading group in 2004. The development department is located in St. Petersburg and is constantly working on the invention of new models for the kitchen. The company uses high quality brass and copper and has international certificates, as well as compliance with GOST standards. In the reviews, customers like the fact that the official website gives the recommended retail price for each product, which can be used to understand whether the seller is overstating the cost in the store.
This manufacturer made it to the list of the best due to the constant expansion of its collection. Every year the company presents up to 10 new products for the kitchen, so here you can always choose something fashionable and modern, and not be content with standard options. For example, the manufacturer recently introduced a new Slide brass faucet finished in black powder paint. It uses a ceramic cartridge for water valves.
- there are models with a channel for filtered water;
- faucets with high spout 370 mm;
- use brass and stainless steel;
- all products are manufactured in accordance with GOST 17711-93.
- sometimes you come across a marriage in the form of narrowed holes for the passage of liquid (filled with metal);
- sometimes they can hum a lot during operation.
The second place belongs to the German manufacturer Kaiser. The affordable price of faucets for installation in the kitchen is due to the manufacture of products in China, which allowed the company to reduce costs. But the brand itself is registered in Berlin. The brand is owned by Olan-Haushaltsgerate. The manufacturer has been producing household appliances and sanitary ware for over 20 years. The catalog of the company contains mixers of the combined type, made of chrome-plated steel and non-ferrous metals. Most often, when developing, the company focuses on the lever type of opening, which simplifies use in the kitchen. Buyers praise the faucets for being well packed in foam rubber, so you can safely order products for the kitchen in online stores – they won't be damaged during transportation.
In our opinion, the manufacturer is the best, as it produces mixers with a rare 'white marble' finish. It is a dazzling white powder coated brass construction. This design is suitable for a light kitchen. It is also less scratched and will not peel off.
- interesting varied design;
- the kit always includes an installation diagram;
- there are mixers with a channel for filtered water;
- the well thought-out aerator does not spray the pressure.
- sometimes difficult to connect;
- short hoses included;
- after 4 years of operation, the rubber plug on the valve may not adhere well.
We gave the third place to the manufacturer Vidima. This is a Bulgarian company that manufactures mixers using German equipment. The company has been producing sanitary ware for the kitchen since 1962. The company entered the Russian market at the end of the twentieth century and now its mixers are available in more than 2000 stores. Basically, the manufacturer focuses on the use of brass, which is then plated with chrome. In the catalog of products for the kitchen, most of all models with a lever valve and a short spout of 10-15 cm. The most popular are: 'Uno Ba235AA', Logik BA276AA, 'Paktik Ba231AA'. In user reviews, a positive opinion about ceramic valves is highlighted. It does not require frequent changes of seals and they do not allow drops to pass through.
This manufacturer values its reputation most of all, so the mixers are highly reliable. Although they are covered by a 'classic' 5-year warranty, they are 4 times better than the stipulated European standard for reliability.
- cast from brass;
- functional body geometry;
- long-term operation with both soft and hard water;
- ceramic shut-off valves.
- when a strong pressure is applied, they make noise;
- tight inclusion.
Further, a manufacturer registered in Russia, but conducting its industrial activities in China. The company produces: sinks for the kitchen and bathroom, mixers, shower heads, mirrors, hoses and related accessories. On the official website, the products are divided by the throughput diameter and the number of flywheels, which simplifies the selection and helps to quickly find the desired product for the kitchen. Most often, the manufacturer sells mixers with a lever type of opening. For manufacturing the company uses high quality brass plated with chrome. But the range also includes powder-coated models. The entire production cycle is carried out according to international standards, which is confirmed by the availability of certificates.
Experts have added the budget manufacturer to the category of the best, as they have faucets with the most unexpected colors, helping to choose a shade in the exact combination with furniture and appliances in the kitchen. For example, the L4898 is sold in 9 colors including yellow, purple, red, blue and green.
- comply with international certificates ISO9008 and CE $
- the product is conveniently divided into categories;
- there is a classic and retro style;
- use brass.
- most mixers with a low spout of 5-7 cm;
- the warranty is provided for 3 months.
And here is another exclusively Chinese manufacturer of faucets, distinguished by factory quality. The company manufactures kitchen taps according to the Italian IMR copper alloy casting technology. This ensures the accuracy of the shapes and the required throughput. The manufacturer's catalog contains mixers with a pull-out spray, wall-mounted versions, single-lever and two-valve models, under a filter. The surface is available in both matt and glossy. Feedback users love the ease of operation of the elbow faucets, which can be easily opened and closed without messing up the faucet. This is especially useful in the kitchen of a cafe or restaurant, where many processes take place.
From budget manufacturers, this company is the best in the implementation of innovative developments. Her kitchen products include touch-sensitive faucets that respond to the offering of hands or dishes. Some models also have auto-off timers that allow you to dial an accurate volume of fluid without user control. If you need a high-tech mixer at a relatively low price, then you need to look for a product for the kitchen here.
- two mixer options: standard and luxury;
- Italian casting technology is used;
- there are valve, lever and sensor types of opening;
- high anti-corrosion properties.
- there are shells (craters) inside the body;
- the chrome-plated surface is very dirty from drops;
- the walls of the body can be with an uneven section.
The best manufacturers of kitchen faucets in terms of price-performance ratio
If you don't want to buy absolutely cheap products, then we suggest considering the best manufacturers, whose kitchen products are distinguished by the optimal combination of price and quality.
In the first place is the German company WASSERKRAFT, whose philosophy is 'the feeling of comfort for the user', therefore all its mixers are aimed at functionality and convenience. The manufacturer began its activity in 2004 and now belongs to a reliable category of products that have positive reviews. In them, buyers report that the faucets are durable, do not leak, and the coating is scratch and chip resistant. The company offers both classic options for the kitchen and retro, as well as high-tech. There are double channel taps for filtered water supply. The manufacturer gives a 5-year warranty for any item.
This company has been added to the list of the best because of the largest range of products for the kitchen. In its catalog there are 30 lines of faucets, where the user can choose a model according to design, shape, size, color and materials. For example, the Berkel kitchen collection stands out for its strict forms with right angles. The Lippe series, on the other hand, has graceful curves and flowing geometric designs.
- manufactured directly in Germany;
- the glossy finish will not peel off;
- soft pressing of the lever;
- 5 years warranty.
- high price;
- sometimes there is not enough eyeliner length of 38 cm and you have to buy another one.
Our review is continued by the firm HANSGROHE, founded in 1901. It is the oldest German sanitary ware manufacturer specializing in faucets, shower systems, kitchen and bathroom sinks. The company's headquarters are located in Schiltach. The brand's faucets are so popular that they are sold not only throughout Europe, but even supplied to the USA. For more than 100 years of history, the company has actively experimented with the shape and function of mixers, which led to the registration of about 2500 patents. It is one of the first manufacturers to use an aerator to mix flow with air and reduce splash and water consumption. In 2011, the company was the first to introduce a kitchen faucet that can be turned on at the push of a button.
The company has entered the category of the best because of the ergonomics of the design of the faucets. There are many models with pull-out shower in the catalog. For example, the Metris M71 series is presented with a single lever design. The detachable spout has a vertical T-shape. To take it, you do not need to twist your hand and wind it over the tap. This ergonomics speeds up the washing of fruits and vegetables in the restaurant kitchen.
- some models have additional shut-off valves;
- chrome-plated surface, from which it is easy to remove plaque;
- silicone inserts on aerators;
- built-in Air Power technology to soften the flow.
- high price;
- unfortunately, there is corrosion.
The third position belongs to the French manufacturer 'Jacob Delafon', which began its activity in the production of goods for the kitchen and bathroom in 1889. Initially, the company's production was focused on the manufacture of mixers, so this company has the richest experience in their development. Only after a while the manufacturer's catalog was expanded with other plumbing fixtures for the kitchen. Each mixer of the company traces an elite combination of French style and the latest technological solutions. One of the exclusive new products is the 'bottle' geometry, which looks elegant and sophisticated. In the reviews, buyers are pleased with the choice of a pressure reduction of 12, 30 or 50%, which is determined by the additional inserts chosen when buying a mixer.
The company was recognized by us as the best due to the active use of cartridges that eliminate mineral inclusions from water. Such products for the kitchen are indicated by the presence of an 'ECO' mode. 90% of the faucets of this brand are equipped with this function.
- all products are made directly in France;
- there are sets for reducing the pressure;
- softening the flow by aeration with the supply of up to 2 liters of air per minute;
- reliable casting of the correct shape.
- the thread diameter of the French hose is 3/8, and in most houses it is ½ inch;
- drops can run down the spout to the base and form limescale there.
And here again a German manufacturer, but from Dusseldorf. The company was founded in 1936 and now has official offices in 15 countries. The company is engaged in the manufacture of sanitary fittings for kitchens, bathrooms and toilets. GROHE products account for 8% of the global mixer tap market. The production of goods is carried out at 4 factories in Germany, as well as at production sites in Thailand and Portugal. 82% of all goods are exported. Judging by customer reviews, regardless of the country of manufacture of the mixer, the quality remains high everywhere. Plumbing owners praise it for the durability of the chrome-plated glossy finish, but they advise you to immediately wipe off the drops.
Our experts consider GROHE faucets to be the most reliable, despite heavy daily use in the kitchen. We recommend taking a closer look at the products of owners of restaurants, cafes and other catering establishments. These are the highest quality mixers for commercial use.
- many mixers with high spout;
- ease of opening the tap;
- high reliability of fittings;
- ease of maintenance of the coating.
- are expensive;
- stains remain on the gloss.
The Czech manufacturer specializes in the production of faucets for bathrooms and kitchens. All the company's products are made of brass and chrome plated. Mixing of cold and hot flow is carried out by a ceramic cartridge. The catalog contains mixers with classic 'lambs', lever and touch controls. The ½ in. Thread diameter is used everywhere. The owners of the faucets in the reviews report that the shiny coating retains an attractive appearance and will not peel off, but the rubber bands on the turning part can become rough and leak.
We considered the company the best due to the presence of faucets with the possibility of supplying filtered water, in which two channels are separated from each other at a distance of 15 cm. This is implemented in the LM307 series and is intended for kitchen sinks. The purified liquid enters the nozzle through a silicone upper hose with two rigid attachment points. Tap water is supplied through the bottom pipe. This prevents drinking water from being heated from the hot channel.
- strict quality control;
- more affordable price than other products;
- there are models for the kitchen with a channel for filtered water and an additional valve;
- convenient pull-out spout.
- may leak at the point where the pressed tube is connected to the hose;
- in the service center to wait a long time for the receipt of spare parts.
The German manufacturer Paulmark is a well-known European brand, but its factories are located in China. Despite this, the manufacture of products is carried out under the close supervision of the Germans and undergoes a comprehensive check. Most of all, the company focuses on the production of mixers in granite colors with different shades. Water is launched using a lever method. The company even has creative designs, where the faucet body is covered in black paint and the flow switch is chrome plated. Buyers in the reviews note a smooth ride and minimal play of the levers.
In our opinion, the company is the best for domestic consumers, since the colors of its products are focused specifically on kitchen sinks sold in Russia. The manufacturer has specially developed a series of faucets for the kitchen brands Aquagranirex, Granfest, Gran-Store, Ulgran. The company produces about 50 models of mixers, which will help to decorate the kitchen as stylistically as possible.
- comprehensive quality control of each product;
- beautiful shades of granite;
- soft switching of cold and hot flow;
- many models with an additional channel.
- produced directly in China;
- at first, a slight smell of paint is felt from it.
The company was founded in 1932 in Denmark. From the very beginning, the manufacturer has been producing faucets for bathrooms, kitchens, shower sets and accessories. The company uses only brass for casting, which can be powder coated or chrome plated. There is a separate series of bronze mixers with a retro design. The company gives a 5-year warranty on valves. The manufacturer was one of the first to use the hydro-ceramic switch, which has a long service life. Review users love the Cool Tech anti-scald coating, which keeps the outside of the hot tap cold.
The experts considered the company the best for the creative look of the mixers. This is felt in every model, since the company's slogan is 'design is everything'. For example, the Venus tap has a semicircular spout, complemented by a central column, from which there are two 'branches' at 45 degrees. They are equipped with L-shaped faceted levers. It looks unusual and immediately attracts attention. And the manufacturer has a lot of such diverse options.
- abrasion resistant coating;
- high quality brass;
- reliable shut-off valves with ceramic valve boxes;
- the ability to rotate 120 degrees.
- thread for connection is not always suitable – adapters are needed;
- play gradually appears in the levers.
The best manufacturers of premium kitchen faucets
For fans of the highest quality products, experts have prepared a list of firms of the best manufacturers of mixers, distinguished by a long service life of valves and decorative coatings.
Elite manufacturer of sanitary products from Italy. The firm is headquartered in the vicinity of Modena. The best specialists in Europe are involved in the design development. The company gives a 5-year warranty on chrome-plated taps. If something breaks, then the claims are considered within 10 days and the manufacturer either repairs the product or refunds the full price for it.
The manufacturer is recognized by us as the best in the richness of the design of mixers. For example, the Atlantis range has a retro-style high spout that can be gold, bronze or silver. Instead of the traditional 'lambs', the company uses faceted balls made of crystal or marble. The latter can be in several colors. This helps to design the kitchen sink in a special, imposing and pretentious way. In the reviews, buyers are satisfied with the presence of showrooms, where you can see expensive goods even before buying, touch everything personally and make sure of the quality. But the popularity of the brand has led to the fact that many fakes in beautiful packaging have appeared on the market, so you need to carefully check the certificate and other features of the product.
- there are nozzles with a rotation of 360 degrees;
- the support service responds in writing within 10 days;
- brass casting with regular shapes and without burrs;
- Swarovski stones are often used for decoration.
- a lot of fakes;
- warranty for plating from 'gold' – 6 months;
- high price.
The company was founded by Heinrich Blanco in 1925 in Germany. The family business has grown into Europe's largest manufacturer of sanitary ware with ceramic and stainless steel sinks, as well as a variety of basin and bath mixer taps. For the kitchen, the company offers several series of faucets: Wega with a low stand and a high straight spout at 45 degrees, Bravon-S with a slightly curved 'nib' and a detachable shower head, Carena and Mida-S, characterized by high arched spouts. Customers in the reviews love the rare 'Jasmine' finish used in the Actis range of faucets, which allows for an unusual decoration of the sink.
The experts considered the company the best due to the presence of mixers with an extra large pull-out spray. This design solution is reflected in the Wega-S series. The larger shower diameter allows vegetables to be washed faster in the deep kitchen sink. Owners of expensive restaurants should pay attention to the manufacturer's products. This not only speeds up the processes in the kitchen, but also makes it easier to clean the surfaces, which will help cleanliness.
- the ability to rotate the spout 140 degrees;
- 1 class of noise when collecting water;
- 5 years warranty;
- a stabilizing plate is always included to increase the stability of the structure.
- high price;
- some do not like the very light stroke of the lever.
Further, a manufacturer from Germany called KLUDI. The company has been manufacturing sanitary ware since 1926. Despite the growth in consumer demand, the company's factories continue to function only in Germany, Hungary and Austria. There are official distributors in France, Romania, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland and Slovakia. For several years now, trade offices have been operating in Russia, Ukraine, Vietnam, the Philippines and Dubai. The sellers in the reviews love that the firm is constantly conducting research in its industry and offering new ideas for design and finishing of faucets.
The company is classified in the category of the best due to well-thought-out technical solutions. For example, in the manufacturer's catalog there are DN8 kitchen faucets, which have a third valve for supplying pressure to the dishwasher. This saves space in the kitchen and does not require a separate tap.
- design and production directly in Europe;
- spout rotation by 360 degrees;
- copper tubes inside;
- aerators with 24 openings.
- high price;
- chrome is covered with scratches.
Another manufacturer of premium quality bathroom fixtures. The firm is based in Italy, but has several factories in other European countries. 50 years of experience in the manufacture of mixers allowed us to create a variety of collections and come up with new technical solutions. For the kitchen, the manufacturer offers the Antico, Old England, Classic series. There are models for installation in the sink or in the wall in front of it. All products are made of brass and can be oven baked to increase paint strength or chrome plated. Buyers in the reviews are satisfied with the extended 6-year warranty provided directly to the crane axle boxes.
The experts included the company in the category of the best due to the availability of mixers with separate execution. For example, the Stel collection has models for mounting in three holes. The spout attaches to the back of the sink, and the cold and hot water levers can be pulled out to the side of the sink or even to the front. This helps to improve ergonomics in the kitchen.
- brass casting;
- inside ceramic crane axle boxes;
- 6 years warranty;
- soft flexible connection line.
- high price;
- some models have complex installation.
The company was founded in 1945. Erkki Paasikivi set up a company in Finland and specialized in energy and water saving products. The range was then expanded to include sanitary ware and shower systems. Now the company offers single-lever, non-contact, double-lever mixers for the kitchen, as well as with side control. There are systems for low pressure. This manufacturer owns the world's first raised-response crane, invented in 1990.
And now the company keeps up with the technological fashion, continuing to release new items on the principle of opening water. For example, the Allessi series refers to tiptronics for the kitchen, which are triggered by a light touch of the hands to the spout. After that, water flows for 6 seconds and turns off (factory setting). If you touch the spout and hold your finger for 1 s, a flow is started for 60 s. A temperature regulator is provided on the side of the tap, which allows you to set a comfortable value. If you are a fan of Know-How, then take a look at the products of this manufacturer.
- manufactures mixers for low pressure;
- original technical solutions;
- there are automatic models powered by a transformer included in the delivery;
- the design is being developed with the participation of the artist Rodrigo Torres.
- some plastic parts in the design;
- high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.