Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Street floodlights are widely used to illuminate courtyards, car parks, sidewalks and advertising signs. There are architectural devices for light decoration of building structures at night. Landscaping models are used to supply lighting to squares, parks and other green areas. Our experts figured out how to choose a specific spotlight for a specific task. Get practical tips and a list of the best products with reviews.
- How to choose a street spotlight
- Rating of the best street spotlights
- The best street spotlights
- Kanlux Eliot ZW3-L500P-B
- Jazzway PFL-S2-SMD 200W
- REV Ultra Slim Profi (6500K) 32307 5
- Wolta WFL-200W / 06
- Feron LL-503 6400K
- Philips BVP74 LED90 / NW 100W
- Eglo Capano 61481
- Foton Lighting FL-LED Light-PAD STAND
- IEK СДО 06-100 (6500K)
- Jazzway PFL-C 100W (6500K IP65)
- Globo Lighting Projecteur 34115
- Gauss 613100350 LED IP65 6500К
- ASD SDO-07-50
- LLT SDO-5-10 PRO (10W 6500K 750Lm)
- Ritex S-80L
How to choose a street spotlight
Here are the main parameters to look out for when choosing a floodlight for outdoor use:
- Location. The lighting device can be portable or stationary. The former are practical for temporarily supplying lighting to a place of rest or work in the evening. They have a handle for easy transport. The latter are attached to a wall or ceiling in order to constantly supply light to a specific place.
- Lamp type. The light source in the spotlight can be a halogen lamp, which produces a dense white light stream and is suitable for high-quality illumination of the working area. The xenon lamp shines “softer” and further. Its lifespan is longer since there is no filament inside. LED bulbs consume less energy and have the longest life.
- Brightness. The characteristic is measured in lumens and can be from 800 to 20,000 lumens. The higher the value, the more light the device emits.
- Enclosure protection level. It is designated as IPxx and can mean protection from dust, rain, water jets. The metal case will withstand more wind and hail loads than the plastic one.
- Power. The indicator varies from 8 to 500 W and affects the strength of light radiation, as well as electricity consumption.
- Power connection method. The floodlights are connected to a 220 V network directly or to 12 V through an adapter. There are solar-powered models that don't require outdoor wiring.
- Colour temperature. Light emission can be in the temperature range of 1200-6500 K. The lower the value, the more yellow the light will be. If the number is high, then the lighting will be whiter or even bluer.
- Resource. Sometimes manufacturers indicate lamp life between 15,000 and 50,000 hours. For example, in the maximum version, if you turn on the spotlight on the street for 12 hours every day, it will last about 11 years.
- Color rendering. The characteristic affects the naturalness of the display of colors and is measured in Ra. Natural color rendition is important for work, so choose floodlights with an indicator of 80 Ra.
- Lighting type. The angle of light distribution can be point or diffuse. The first is useful for delivering narrow-beam light to an architectural object or work area. The second option is optimal for general lighting of the yard or other wide area on the street.
- Working temperature range. Some projectors are designed to operate up to -20 degrees, while others have a take-off range of -45 … + 50 ° C.
Rating of the best street spotlights
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best street spotlights||1||Kanlux Eliot ZW3-L500P-B||2 369 RUB|
|2||Jazzway PFL-S2-SMD 200W||RUB 5,454|
|3||REV Ultra Slim Profi (6500K) 32307 5||1 640 RUB|
|4||Wolta WFL-200W / 06||RUB 3,898|
|5||Feron LL-503 6400K||RUB 3,721|
|6||Philips BVP74 LED90 / NW 100W||RUB 4,065|
|7||Eglo Capano 61481||RUB 52,173|
|8||Foton Lighting FL-LED Light-PAD STAND||RUB 1,658|
|9||IEK СДО 06-100 (6500K)||873 r|
|10||Jazzway PFL-C 100W (6500K IP65)||RUB 1,480|
|11||Globo Lighting Projecteur 34115||RUB 3 352|
|12||Gauss 613100350 LED IP65 6500К||540 RUB|
|13||ASD SDO-07-50||367 r|
|14||LLT SDO-5-10 PRO (10W 6500K 750Lm)||151 RUB|
The best street spotlights
Now you know how to choose a street spotlight and what are the differences between the models. Let's move on to specific products that have collected the largest number of positive reviews and were liked by experts for their features.
Kanlux Eliot ZW3-L500P-B
In the first place is a portable outdoor floodlight for outdoor use with a comfortable grip with a rubberized handle and a stable base. The frame is made of steel pipe with a diameter of 10 mm and is bent without a single weld, which increases the strength of the structure. The fixing of the spotlight to the bracket is carried out by means of a clamp and the direction of light supply can be changed by 50 degrees. A metal halide lamp with a power of 500 watts works inside. It is protected by stainless steel rods from mechanical damage. The housing has an IP54 tightness level and the lighting device can be operated outdoors in the rain. The lighting device weighs 1.5 kg.
We found the spotlight to be the best for outdoor construction work. Power of 500 W provides a dense stream of white light over a wide area. This allows you to continue critical work on pouring the foundation or masonry, even in the dark. Another advantage of the product is the lamp life of 50 thousand hours.
- sturdy frame;
- lamp protection with stainless rods;
- metal body;
- can be operated at temperatures -45 … + 50 degrees.
- consumes a lot of electricity – consumes 5 kW for 10 hours of operation;
- high price;
- short power cord 1.7 m.
Jazzway PFL-S2-SMD 200W
In second place is a floodlight with an LED panel, emitting a brightness of 18,000 lumens. The model has a flat aluminum housing with reflector and is designed for mounting on a pole, wall or ceiling. The U-shaped arm allows the projector to be rotated 180 degrees, delivering light with a diffusion angle of 100 degrees. The model weighs 5.8 kg. It can be operated at temperatures of -40… + 50º С and exposed to direct rainfall and even jets of water, since the enclosure protection level is IP65. A street lighting device is connected to a 220 V network with a frequency of 50 Hz. Buyers in the reviews love the 40,000 hour lamp life, which will last about 8 years.
The floodlight was recognized by us as the best for the strength of the front part. Unlike the model described above, there is no grill, but tempered glass is installed. This protects the LED panel from stones, hail and other mechanical damage. We recommend this floodlight for use in completely open areas or construction site conditions.
- bright light 18000 lm;
- diode resource up to 40,000 hours of operation;
- durable metal body;
- scattering angle 100º.
- the power cord comes out of the bottom end, and not the back wall, so it turns up upside down and sticks out;
- a key is required to adjust the ease of rotation.
REV Ultra Slim Profi (6500K) 32307 5
And here is another stationary floodlight for outdoor use. The model has a power of 200 W, powered from a 220 V network, and generates a luminous flux of 17,000 lm. Its color temperature is 6500 K, so the lighting is very high quality and bright. Reviews show that with its help in the yard in the evening you can work as during the day. Color rendering index of 80 Ra provides natural illumination of objects, which is important for finishing work. The manufacturer promises a lamp life of up to 30,000 hours. The floodlight can be operated at an outdoor ambient temperature of -40 to +40 degrees. Protection against dust and water at the IP65 level will prevent a heavy shower from spoiling the contacts or oxidizing the tracks on the microcircuit.
Our experts singled out the floodlight as the best because of the size of the case, namely the thickness of the LED panel. Most competitors with similar power have a case section of 60-80 mm, while here this figure is 42 mm, for which the product is called Ultra Slim. If someone wishes to have ultra thin spotlights in their backyard to support the particular style of an office building, check out this model.
- very bright cold light;
- the degree of protection of the case is IP65;
- 3 holes for fixing in the bracket;
- naturally conveys the colors of objects.
- flimsy overhead bracket;
- German brand is manufactured in China.
Wolta WFL-200W / 06
This outdoor LED floodlight consumes 200W and delivers 17,000 lumens of brightness. The luminaire is mounted on a pivoting support arm. The dimensions of the unit are 36x45x5.1 cm. It can be placed outdoors in the open air, since the level of sealing is IP65. Diodes emit cold white light with a color temperature of 5500 K. In reviews, the product is praised for its bright lighting, in which you can work under a canopy on the street at any time of the day. The resource of the LED panel will last for 50,000 hours. A metal casing protects internal components from damage, and rubber gaskets prevent dust from entering the contacts. An aluminum radiator is provided at the back, effectively dissipating heat.
A feature of this floodlight is the ability to work from a low voltage of 180 V. This is important for villages and garage cooperatives, summer cottages, where weak power lines are stretched. To always have a brightly lit yard during network drawdowns, choose this model.
- protection of internal parts from direct ingress of water on the body;
- long lamp life of 50 thousand hours;
- withstands frosts down to -45 degrees;
- rotation of the luminaire by 180º.
- sold without plug – only cable outlet 10 cm;
- not the most durable silicate glass.
Feron LL-503 6400K
This is a street floodlight consisting of two heads with LED technology. In total, 78 LED elements are involved in the work, with a total power of 100 watts. Two lamps give out a flux of 9000 lm with a color temperature of 6500 K. The heads are well insulated against electric shock and rain penetration. The lamps can be used at outdoor temperatures from -40 to +45 degrees.
In our opinion, this is the best floodlight for outdoor use during emergency operations (pipe breakage, roadway restoration, etc.). It is supplied on a 1.7 m long telescopic arm on which the luminaire heads can be swiveled horizontally and vertically. This allows you to supply directional light, and in two places at once. In the reviews, buyers share that the structure is assembled quite easily and it takes about 5 minutes, which is optimal for frequent transportation. In strong winds, the projectors on the pole do not fall. The bracket tubes are so strong that you can additionally hang a construction belt or tools on them so as not to lay them on the ground.
- the scattering angle is 120º;
- 1st class of protection against electric shock;
- lamp resource 30 thousand hours;
- there are hooks for winding a network cable;
- economical energy consumption 0.2 kW / h.
- short power cord 1.8 m;
- if the paint chips off the bracket, then corrosion begins in this place.
Philips BVP74 LED90 / NW 100W
The Philips company offers a floodlight for outdoor use with dimensions of 19x35x5.3 cm, which is endowed with six rows of luminous strips with a total of 26 LED elements. The equipment emits a luminous flux with a color temperature of 4000 K and a brightness of 9500 lumens. But the naturalness of displaying colors of objects is a little “lame”, since the color rendering index is only 70 Ra. The illuminator can be used at an outdoor temperature of -40 … + 45 degrees, and its resource will last for 30,000 hours. In the reviews, users are pleased with the “soft” light and high-quality assembly, as well as the ability to adjust the turning stiffness without using keys.
In our opinion, this is the best weight-wise floodlight among the 100W devices. If other similar models weigh up to 6 kg, then this lamp has a mass of 2.3 kg. Weight reduction was achieved through the use of cast aluminum with a thin section on the casing and a polycarbonate optical lens instead of glass. This is the best option when you need to organize lighting on the street and not create an excessive load on the beam to which the overhead arc is attached.
- the first class of energy security;
- ignition time 0.065 ms;
- swivel lyre is adjustable without keys;
- lamp life up to 30 thousand hours
- short power cord 60 cm;
- slightly distorts colors due to the 70 Ra index;
- small scattering angle – 80ºx30º.
Eglo Capano 61481
Among the catalog of the Austrian brand Eglo, the Capano 61481 model stands out, which has a power of 100 watts. The dimensions of the plafond are 304x354x90 mm and it is installed on a swivel plafond. All elements of the casing are made of aluminum. The front panel contains hard glass with a secure fit that can withstand wind loads. The box is sealed against dust and water, so it is not damaged when used outdoors in rainy weather. To prevent the LED elements from overheating, abundant perforation is provided on the sides and on the back wall. The lamps emit 14,000 lumens with a temperature of 4,000 K, so the color is neutral, without yellowness. All items look natural thanks to the 80 Ra index. The projector weighs 5.6 kg, so it needs to be securely fixed.
This floodlight is best for illuminating outdoor sports fields (tennis courts, treadmills, workout areas, etc.). It has 6 blocks, each with three rows of LED elements. One line contains 7 diodes. The total number of luminous lamps is 126. This is the best option to provide training at any time of the day.
- color rendering index 80 Ra;
- well thought-out cooling system;
- durable steel bracket;
- I class of energy safety.
- sold only in specialized stores on order;
- high price;
- regulation of smoothness of rotation only with keys.
Foton Lighting FL-LED Light-PAD STAND
And here's another outdoor spotlight that has a tripod and tripod. The model contains two lamps with a power of 40 W, which emit a flux of 3400 lm with a color temperature of 4200 K. The equipment works even with slight voltage drops up to 195 V. Reflectors contribute to a dispersion angle of 120º. In terms of energy efficiency, the product belongs to the A + class. The base / plinth frame is made of die-cast aluminum and is supplemented with ribs for accelerated heat dissipation.
The product is worth paying attention to mobile teams that often change jobs. The floodlights do not need to be fixed as they are placed on their own tripod. The telescopic bar is not only convenient for transporting the support when folded, but also allows you to adjust the light supply at the desired height. Having two shades is beneficial to direct the light to two different locations. A street searchlight is also suitable for paramedic teams if you have to provide assistance in an unlit place, especially in conditions of collapsing buildings where there is no power supply.
- anti-slip rubber pads on the tripod tips;
- telescopic bar with three warehouses;
- rotation of the shades vertically and horizontally;
- individual direction of each spotlight is available.
- not everywhere you can get accessories (clips, tips, etc.);
- the rod body is made of steel and therefore corroded.
IEK СДО 06-100 (6500K)
The domestic brand IEK produces a street floodlight with a power of 100 W, emitting a luminous flux of 8000 lm. The aluminum body is resistant to negative weather factors. The illuminator can be used at temperatures as low as -20 degrees. It is allowed to be suspended at a height of 6-8 m, which helps to protect the goods from theft. Users in reviews like the brightness of the outdoor lighting. Most buyers use an end-of-home floodlight to bring light into their garden or yard. The floodlight gives a volumetric diffused light with a high color temperature of 6500 K. But the owners warn that the lamp resource is unpredictable, so you should buy only in your city so that you can exchange it under warranty if it burns out.
In our opinion the spotlight is the best in terms of compactness, power and light output ratio. With dimensions of 20x27x3.4 cm and a consumption of 0.1 kW, the device gives out very bright light, which is enough to fill an area of 24 m². This is possible due to the presence of 7 rows each with 12 LED elements. A total of 84 diodes produce a powerful current. If we take into account the cost of the goods, then this is the best option for a summer residence or a courtyard of a private house.
- three holes for fixing the swivel lyre;
- good dispersion angle 120º;
- affordable price;
- housing protection IP65.
- flimsy bracket;
- non-separable body;
- for some, the diodes burned out after a month of operation;
- no network cable.
Jazzway PFL-C 100W (6500K IP65)
If you are looking for an inexpensive outdoor floodlight, then take a look at the product from Jazzway. This shade with a swing frame measures 27×28 cm. It is available in two body colors: white and black, which allows you to choose a lighting fixture that matches the design of the building. There are 6×9 rows of LEDs inside the panel. An input voltage of 190-220 V ensures operation with a luminous flux of 7500 lm and a color rendering temperature of 6500 K. In the reviews, the owners are satisfied with the first class of electrical safety and a warranty valid for 2 years.
We rated the spotlight as the best in terms of resistance to high voltage surges. Even if a current of 260 V occurs in the network, the lamp will not burn out. There is no need to use a stabilizer to connect. The product is optimal for operation in areas where such anomalies in the operation of the power grid are frequent.
- affordable price;
- 2 year warranty;
- resource up to 30,000 h;
- withstands frosts down to -40 ° C.
- moisture penetrates into the casing;
- quality “every other time” – there are very good, while others quickly burn out.
Globo Lighting Projecteur 34115
This floodlight shines with cold white light with a temperature of 6500 K. The model is the most common and can be bought in almost any city in Russia. The plafond has dimensions of 14x23x18 cm and is installed on a swing frame. The luminous flux reaches 1300 lumens, but the tightness here loses a little to other participants in the review, since it is IP44. In the reviews, buyers praise the design of the unit for the ability to disassemble and repair, for example, in the event of a diode bridge breakdown.
We considered this floodlight the best in terms of the ratio of power and illuminated area. With a consumption of 20 W, the equipment is capable of illuminating an outdoor courtyard up to 30 m². This effect was achieved thanks to a conical reflector that scatters light rays. This is the best option for protecting the territory of enterprises, where it is required that the lamps burn all night to ensure visibility from cameras. With such devices, less electricity will be consumed, but it will turn out to illuminate a larger space.
- collapsible case – can be opened and repaired;
- made of metal and glass;
- brightness 1300 lm;
- swing frame.
- less moisture protection IP44;
- high price.
Gauss 613100350 LED IP65 6500К
The LED floodlight has a compact body with dimensions of 18x15x38 cm and a power of 50 W. This is an analogue of a 750W halogen bulb. The device produces a stream with a brightness of 3800 lumens. Vertically, light is scattered outdoors up to 110 degrees, and horizontally up to 120 degrees. Users in the reviews confirm the tightness of the panel at the IP65 level – when used outdoors in the rain, no water gets inside, and the glass bulb does not fog up. Among small floodlights, this one stands out for its low weight of 1.3 kg, as well as for its very affordable price.
Our experts recommend this floodlight as the best for summer cottages due to the ability to work correctly at an input voltage of 170 V. Usually, summer cottages are connected to a weak power line and there are rarely standard 220 V in the outlet. With this lamp, it will be light in the yard, the bridge will not burn out prematurely.
- simple device;
- unpretentious in the street;
- sealed construction;
- 3 year warranty.
- after a year, the brightness drops by 20%;
- color rendering index 75 Ra.
But the spotlight is at a very affordable price, so it is bought in large quantities to illuminate billboards and shop windows, as well as architectural decorations. The model is endowed with a power of 50 W and generates a luminous flux with a brightness of 3400 lumens. The radiation temperature is 6500 K and gives a pure white light without yellowness. LED elements are placed in an aluminum frame with a reflector, and they are mounted on a U-shaped bracket in any spatial position. Judging by customer reviews, here are “honest” 50 W, and not just an advertising move by the manufacturer.
We recognized the outdoor model as the best in terms of heat dissipation. For this, it has high metal ribs on the back wall, through which excess temperature leaves the device faster. This design allows you to use the floodlight on the street for a longer time, for example, in regions where the polar night is half a year.
- crystal white light, like snow on the ground;
- economical energy consumption;
- affordable cost;
- corresponds to the declared technical characteristics.
- a short piece of cable for connection;
- because of the small arc of the attachment, it is impossible to crawl with a screwdriver.
LLT SDO-5-10 PRO (10W 6500K 750Lm)
On the penultimate place in the review is a network floodlight with compact dimensions of 10x9x2.3 cm. It is made entirely of plastic and supplemented with a steel frame with holes for fixing. 13 LED elements deliver a luminous flux of 950 lumens, while consuming only 10 watts of power. The manufacturer promises a lamp life of 30 thousand hours. Due to the plastic parts, the lamp weighs only 400 g, so it can be attached to literally any branch or wooden plank outdoors. In the reviews, the device is also praised for its lightness and bright cold light, but they say that some flickering is visible, so it will be uncomfortable to perform responsible work under its light and it is better to choose another product.
This is the cheapest option for a street spotlight, which is useful for placing on the street above the garage or near the entrance. Even if stolen, the loss will be negligible.
- collapsible body;
- very compact;
- there is an outlet for grounding;
- does not deteriorate from frost -40 degrees.
- the short frame is inconvenient for fixing;
- plastic cover;
- color rendering 70 Ra;
- a plastic heatsink removes heat worse.
The overview is completed by an outdoor stationary floodlight, which is mounted on the wall. It has 8 square diodes with a total power of 8 watts. Fixation to horizontal or vertical beams is carried out using the crimp clamp supplied with the kit. The head of the floodlight can be rotated 140 degrees in all directions thanks to the ball joint. The product is made of plastic, therefore it weighs 420 g. The lamp generates 800 lumens. The manufacturer issues a 2-year warranty on it.
The spotlight has several features at once, for which we recognized it as the best. The model does not need a network connection, which simplifies outdoor installation. The equipment is powered by a solar battery and its own battery. The set also includes a motion sensor with a range of 6 m, which is attached separately. In the reviews, the owners report that it can be installed earlier on the route, for example, 2 m before the gate, in order to approach the gate in a bright way. The plafond can be configured to respond to the strength of daylight. When twilight begins, the spotlight will turn on automatically and stay on continuously.
- swivel ball base on the luminaire and sensor;
- separate version of the spotlight and sensor;
- no need to lay a network cable;
- Includes a clamp for fixing around the beam.
- less dustproof IP44;
- all made of plastic.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.