Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Drills are used to create through holes in the metal, wood and concrete, as well as for grooves and grooves. The tooling is used together with screwdrivers, drills and punchers. Large machines are involved in the production. it Mandatory attribute for repair, construction and various workshops. Usually such equipment is bought in whole sets in order to have the necessary dimensions are immediately at hand, so it’s wise to study rating of the best drill manufacturers, which will help determine a large assortment of goods. The material is based on characteristics and customer reviews, and created exclusively in the information purposes.
- How to choose a drill
- Drill manufacturers rating
How to choose a drill
Before considering the rating, we mention a few key parameters to consider when choosing drills. In conjunction with information about the best manufacturers, this will help to choose optimal product for specific tasks. Drills are selected by reversing attention to:
- Suitability for materials. Products are manufactured separately. for wood, concrete, glass, ceramics and metal. Snap not interchangeable, so for a specific material use only suitable drills for it.
- Colour. The tool is made of tool silver high speed steel. This is the most A cheap but short-lived option. Black drills are tempered by steam and keep sharpening of the cutting edge longer. Bright golden covered externally titanium nitride, which reduces friction and increases strength. Pale golden were hardened, but the inner the tension was removed, which eliminated the fragility.
- Type of cutting part. The edge is sharpened with various angle, depending on the diameter of the drill, and may be triangular (spiral) or with a centering rod (trident). Last necessary for quick drilling without punching. Drill bits help create a large diameter hole for the lock frame and etc. Feather tips are used for wood and fast passage thicknesses 5-15 mm. Diamond is applied to the tubular base and Suitable for glass and tile.
- Marking. The shank is marked telling what the drill is made of. HSS means normal high speed steel. The prefixes in the E, Co, TiN index report various additives in the form of cobalt, titanium, etc., which increases strength and resistance to overheating. CV is registered chrome vanadium steel.
- Type of working part. The body of the drill is cylindrical in in the form of a spiral (for creating through holes), conical (for recesses or quick drilling of shallow holes of different diameter), stepped (instant transitions to different diameters holes when drilling sheet steel without changing equipment).
- Shank. Cylindrical type suitable for hand drills and screwdrivers. Cone is used only for machine tools. Cylindrical with grooves suitable for installation in a hammer drill with cartridge SDS-Plus and SDS-Max. The hexagon is inserted into the screwdriver with a similar cartridge instead of a bit. Three faceted cylinder clamped by a three-petal drill chuck and prevents rolling with resistance to viscous material.
- Diameter. Drills with a diameter from 1.0 to 55 mm are available. It’s possible to insert the equipment into the electric drill cartridge only with 13 mm, all others are suitable for machine tools. Diameter matched to the future hole that is needed receive. When drilling 10 mm in size, the finished hole will be have 11 mm, because 1 mm is “eaten” due to active rotation.
- Length. Selectable depending on the required depth. holes. The indicator varies from 3 to 90 cm.
Drill manufacturers rating
|Drill manufacturers rating||1||Haisser||4.9|
Understanding how to choose a drill, let’s move on to the rating, which collected top manufacturers based on the characteristics of their products and reviews of the masters. Experts analyzed the range of products types of steel used, service life and practical experience users, which helped to highlight the company in that order.
First place in the ranking we gave to the German manufacturer, known for its products not only in Europe and the CIS, but also in the USA. The company has production facilities in the homeland and in China, therefore, product quality, unfortunately, varies. But German drills are characterized by sharp sharpening and a long service life. By price they occupy a middle place that most users like in reviews. Products are produced in two series “Average TN” and “Long TM”. The first line presents models with a length of 3.4 up to 15 cm, and in the second from 5.6 to 20.5 cm. Goods are sold as individually and in whole sets. Priority Drilling Direction – metal.
Our experts have identified this manufacturer as the best, because that he lets out a lot of cross-cut point drills edges. Thanks to this design, the equipment easily bites into the material even without punching and does not shift during the initial rotation. Another working part of the tool is always thinner than the shank, therefore less susceptible to wear when the drill falls into the chuck and continued rotation.
- fracture resistance;
- precise sharpening – you can immediately use it;
- cross grind on many drills for self-centering;
- reinforced rod;
- a full range of drills for ceramics, cast iron, plastics, alloy steel.
- cost is more expensive than analogues;
- assortment only for hand tools;
- the drill bits on the drills are pretty rounded fast;
- It is difficult to buy products manufactured in Germany.
It is a global manufacturer of drills, often occupying high positions in ratings, and having production capacities in different countries. You can buy its products in any city. Sets distinguished by well-thought-out cases that securely fix the drill when transportation – after a long trip and opening the case, everything Elements remain in their places and do not mix. Produces drill company with a diameter of 1.0 to 13 mm with a length of 3.4 to 13.3 see Masters in reviews praise products with winning nozzles, perfectly coping with modern bricks and partitions.
Our experts rated the manufacturer as providing the widest range of products. Company produces drills for all types of materials. Steel applied HHS-R, HSS-Co, HSS-G, HSS-TiN. You can choose equipment as in chucks as well as hex. Especially leading manufacturer of ready-made kits containing from 10 to 156 elements that will cover the needs of even the most demanding masters.
- the widest range of materials;
- there are cylindrical and hexagonal shanks;
- a large selection of sets and individual items;
- Kits are sold in comfortable, durable cases.
- high price;
- maximum diameter 13 mm;
- equipment for old reinforced concrete is not the most hardy;
- few drills with a stepped working part.
Another famous German manufacturer in our ranking, started its operations in 1923. The first invention of the company became a hand drill for metal, so for almost 100 years the company It specializes in power tools and accessories for it. IN the staff now has more than 1900 employees, and in the country There are 25 subsidiaries. Easy to purchase anywhere in the world thanks to 90 official representations and a wide dealer network. The manufacturer is characterized by the presence of 700 patents, many of which relate to drills. In 2014, the company received the title of best employer from Focus magazine.
Our experts have studied numerous reviews and features. Metabo drills, adding the brand to the rating as having the most rare types of equipment. You can buy plywood drills from him with a complex shape of the cutting part, glass drills with peaks, drills forstner, and diamond coated elements.
- convenient cases for transportation and storage;
- detailed classification of goods on the official website;
- the presence of shanks for any type of power tool;
- rare types of drills are present.
- few copies are sold (only in sets);
- most of the products are manufactured in China;
- HSS-R steel elements become dull quickly and need frequent sharpening.
This manufacturer in the ranking originates in 1922. The founder of the company is Raymond DeVolt, and the company received it. The name today is known far beyond the United States. American brand began to be sold in Russia since 1997 and the range of products includes more than 1400 items. Drills and bits occupy a large share in it. for various production tasks. For the manufacture of both ordinary tool steel and the addition of titanium, cobalt and other alloying materials. The masters in the reviews emphasize the speed of drilling due to the sharp edges. Using cam models helps save money time with a large amount of work.
Our experts recommend this manufacturer in the ranking as best for making shanks. Often its cylindrical drills are equipped with three faces at the end, which helps reliably fasten the snap in the chuck and avoid turning when working with solid materials.
- equipment for wood, brick, concrete and tile;
- there are universal drills;
- there are rare types of shanks with three faces;
- the cutting part of many models with a centering element for work without punching;
- high fracture resistance due to additives and alloying.
- high price;
- when drilling viscous metals (brass, copper), bites;
- if the working part is stuck, the trihedral shank continues rotate and breaks the body of the drill.
This manufacturer from the rating develops and manufactures products directly in Germany. The price of goods is high, but Quality control and service life are appropriate. To get AEG snap-in is possible both individually and in neat boxes, convenient for transportation to the workplace. Among the models for metal there are many hardened tool steel steamed evidenced by black color. Case nests are signed and help quickly navigate the size of the elements. Users in reviews like the drilling speed of drills with a thickness of 2-3.5 mm, which optimal for drilling rivets in metal structures.
We put the manufacturer in the rating due to especially high-quality concrete and stone drills that are durable and performance. When to hang armstrong or to install a profile under drywall, then this is the best option for punch.
- cope even with Soviet steel;
- convenient cases;
- high drilling speed;
- issued directly in Germany.
- drills with a diameter of 10 mm and above have a large angle of attack (115 degrees);
- To drill a hole with a snap of 8 mm or more, you will need preliminary pass with a drill of 3 mm;
- few options for wood.
This Japanese manufacturer from our rating is different reasonable price and quality of goods. Company focuses focus on the production of twist drills with cylindrical shanks. Tool steel with the addition of wear-resistant coatings. Wood accessories equipped centering emphasis. Users in the reviews note a sharp factory sharpening and successful selection of kit diameters, optimally suitable for home use (kits contain the most common options for 5, 6, 8 mm in diameter).
In our opinion, the manufacturer has earned a place in the ranking due to a large selection of universal kits. So, in one box you can buy three elements for working with wood, three for stone and three for metal. This covers all DIY repair needs and useful on the farm (embed the lock in the interior or metal doors, hang a shelf).
- many models coated with titanium nitride;
- the sets are clearly indicated by the size of the elements and the purpose to materials (graphic tips);
- relative affordability;
- there is no beating during rotation;
- good sharpening.
- Japanese products are made in China;
- transparent case covers are fragile and often break;
- few shank options.
The company takes pride of place in the ranking and is known in professional circles since 1953. Brand with homeland in France today produces drills, drills, chisels and chisels, the sale of which It is carried out in 70 countries of the world. In 2013, the French concern expanded due to takeover by German tip manufacturer USH. This contributed to the release of even more durable drills from various carbide materials. The catalog of the company includes up to 20 million accessories, and the reputation is respected throughout the world. Among drills for concrete with three cutting edges are present for the tip, which increases the speed of immersion.
We rated the manufacturer as the best because of the large a range of products for working with stone, concrete and ceramics. We recommend that you pay attention to the goods professional builders who have to drill ceilings every day and walls for laying communications and fixing structures to concrete.
- products are PGM certified;
- a variety of shanks for SDS and Max SDS +;
- durable metal cases for harsh construction conditions;
- there are drills with a length of 92 cm.
- little tooling for wood or metal;
- most of the products are sold individually;
- cost is one of the highest.
This is a domestic manufacturer in the ranking, which produces their products in China. Tool accessories divided by four categories: metal, stone, wood and glass. Users in reviews report that the snap is quite suitable for periodic application, but for the passage of the 10th, preliminary drilling with a lower value. The price of products is much more affordable. European brands.
We recommend that you pay attention to the drills of this manufacturer in ranking for those who often work with glass and ceramic tiles. In the catalog of the company there is the largest selection of equipment with peak-shaped cutting edge for easy smooth passage surface and gentle drilling of brittle materials.
- neatly pass wall and floor tiles;
- quality drill marble;
- affordable cost;
- for wood drill made of blued steel.
- few sets on sale;
- sets are few – the maximum limit is 18 pcs;
- drills fall out of the sockets in the box.
Japanese manufacturer of drills at home in the homeland. Concentrates on manufacturing tooling for drillings of wood, stone and metal. You can purchase products by piece or in ready-made kits. For wood drills used HSS steel, and the metal category is made of HSS-TiN or optionally released so that the rods do not have internal stress. Among the shank options are present cylindrical and SDS.
According to our experts, the products of this manufacturer in the ranking have the best combination of price and quality. So, a set of 19 pcs with diameters from 1 to 10 mm and a pitch of 0.5 mm can be purchased for just 1000 rubles. But as most reviews testify, drill the metal will turn out confidently, and it will not take a long time sharpening.
- a wide range of drills for any materials;
- convenient cases for storage in two zones;
- good factory sharpening;
- titanium nitride coating technology is actively used.
- in cases there is little space for core storage;
- a small selection of shanks;
- only a cylindrical or feather working part.
Domestic brand in the ranking using high-speed steel and supplying products in accordance with GOST 10902-77. Tool is different sharpening angle of 135 degrees, and cruciform is often used undercut for easy alignment. The company specializes in the production of drills for wood, ceramics, glass, alloyed and structural steels. Accuracy class A1 like most who tested them in action.
Experts recommend drill bits from this manufacturer only in as home use for short work. IN rating they hit as an affordable alternative snap with wide opportunities. For example, in addition to spiral drills, there are tubular drills with diamond tiled drill to perform pipe hole, mount or wiring. But as seen from reviews the edge wears out quickly, so for a professional activity is not suitable.
- there are large sets of 370 pcs;
- affordable price;
- wide selection of cutting edge type;
- application of diamond tips with P100 grain.
- not sold everywhere;
- relatively short service life;
- steel marking not according to European standards (difficult immediately understand the index, for example P6M5).
The manufacturer in the ranking does not take the highest place in view of small assortment – the company specializes only in drill bits for metal and wood. In stores you can buy equipment with straight shank for drills and small machines. Basis of manufacture steel P4M4X2 is taken, which is good at drilling gray and malleable cast iron, non-ferrous metals, alloy alloys.
The manufacturer is known for the affordable cost of goods, for which added to the ranking of the best. Especially worth a look at it drills for wood craftsmen. The cutting part is always equipped centering and allows precise manipulation conducive to performance. Such a tool will last a long time. when working with soft materials and will quickly pay off.
- very cheap;
- carefully brittle metals (cast iron, cermets alloys);
- sold individually and in packaging;
- withstand fracture pressure.
- factory sharpening is not ideal everywhere;
- only HSS steel is used;
- one type of shank;
- a blunt angle of attack of 118 degrees requires less drilling size.
A domestic company in the ranking, having a reputation as a popular manufacturer, especially considering the price of goods. Interskol makes drills for any materials, including concrete, glass, wood and metal. Most commonly found on sale are running gears. diameters of 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 mm. Owners in reviews like magnetic holder in sets, preventing rash inventory from the box.
We added Interskol to the rating, as it is often in the arsenal you can find drills with a hex shank ¼. It is suitable for masters, often working with a screwdriver with a similar cartridge. When you need to make a through hole, the bit will be replaced to the drill in 1 second. The presence of faces will not allow to turn snap when jamming.
- there are drills on ceramic tiles and glass;
- a large assortment for working with metal and wood;
- acceptable price;
- the presence of hexagonal shanks.
- sometimes come across with a heartbeat;
- few sets;
- cases are flimsy.
Domestic enterprise included in the rating due to the expanded industrial activity and output for domestic and foreign market. The main direction is the production of machinery, including even contracts with defense structures. But along the way, the plant produces construction equipment and technological tools. At the enterprise RISO 9001 has its own quality control system, as well as The company received certificates of international standard ISO 9001. In addition, Tulamash drills are accompanied by a Russian certificate on calibration. Users in reviews like the pitch of diameters, where values with a difference of 0.2 mm can be selected.
We recommend that you pay attention to the accessories of this manufacturer. owners of small and large enterprises using technical processes of machine tools. There are many types in the catalog drills with a conic shaft. Developed two series with medium and Extra long for working with extra thick steels.
- the plant produces 9 separate series of drills;
- there are carbide steels;
- selection of shank options;
- compliance with Russian and international standards.
- the tool needs regular sharpening;
- almost no options for working with wood.
This is a domestic manufacturer in the ranking, but in quality he is trying to reach the level of production with European brands. The surface of the drills is perfectly ground and markings are applied. laser, not engraving. The products are mainly sold. sets. Sharp sharpening at an angle of 135 is already provided from the factory degrees. You can buy specialized sets for wood or metal as well as universal. The manufacturer applies a pitch of 0.5 mm to go from size to size.
Our experts rated the manufacturer as the best because making drills with a massive body. Extra metal in structure contributes to increased resistance to fracture, and such equipment will last longer. Owners in reviews are confused only inconvenient packaging that is difficult to install so that it is easy remove the drill and quickly change the equipment in the process.
- sharp sharpening angle 135 degrees;
- resistance to overheating;
- designed for drilling materials with hardness up to 900 N / mm2;
- accuracy class A1.
- high price;
- straight shanks only;
- maximum diameter is 13 mm;
- flimsy packaging.
Another Russian manufacturer in the ranking, specializing on the manufacture of all types of drills. The company produces goods by the piece and in packs. There are beautiful gift baskets in wooden boxes. The tool is engraved with dimensions and type become. Deep spiral grooves facilitate chip evacuation and unobstructed rotation. As a basis, the manufacturer uses HSS steel. Owners in reviews share that if you use snap for short work, then taking into account the price, it is profitable option.
The manufacturer has earned a place in the ranking because it has a lot specific drills suitable for joiners and locksmiths. In the arsenal companies have forstner drills to create blind holes, instances with a stepped working part with 13 transitions for accelerated drilling of sheet material for different diameters. Porcelain craftsmen will like a diamond drill with a hexagon tail section.
- there are sets in plastic, metal and wooden packaging
- a wide selection of cutting and working parts;
- rare, specific types of drills are present;
- You can choose equipment for porcelain tiles.
- for easy drilling, it is recommended to drip oil, which increases waste;
- blunt tips are found;
- relatively low speed of immersion in metal.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.