Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The wrench helps to tighten the various bolts and nuts faster and stronger than the human hand. The tool is actively used at car service stations, tire fitting, disassembly and assembly of structures, assembly of units in production, etc. Our experts studied the characteristics and reviews of the most popular impact wrenches and made a rating, dividing the product into categories. The information will save time on searches and will help you choose the best impact wrench for a specific task.
- How to choose a wrench
- What to choose a screwdriver or wrench
- Rating of the best impact wrenches
- Best Electric Wrenches
- Milwaukee M18 ONEFHIWP12-502X
- DeWALT DCF899P2
- BOSCH GDS 18 V-LI HT 0
- Makita TW0350
- BOSCH GDR 10,8-LI 2.0Ah x2 L-BOXX
- RYOBI R18IW3-0
- Makita TD0101
- Bort BSR-12X
- Best pneumatic impact wrenches
- HAZET 9013MG
- Metabo DSSW 2440-1
- KING TONY 33481-095
- Fubag IW1600 (100198)
- JONNESWAY JAI-1054
- Licota PAW-04048
How to choose a wrench
Before reading the rating, it is worth remembering a few key characteristics that are important to pay attention to when choosing a nutrunner:
- Torque. The parameter is measured in Nm, where 1 unit corresponds to the force from the lever of 1 m. For clarity: the human hand is able to reproduce the force of 9 Nm. For a nutrunner, the indicator varies from 100 to 2500 Nm and should correspond to future tasks (electronic adjustment will help to more accurately adjust the product for work so that the tool does not tear off the head fastener).
- Power supply. The inventory can be operated from a 220 V, 12 V network, from a battery or from a compressor. This affects ease of movement, autonomy, and torque. The most mobile are models with batteries, the most powerful are pneumatic, but you will have to carry a compressor with them.
- Chuck type. There are 1, ½ and ¾ inch squares, hex, which affects the choice of equipment. An important role is played by the method of fixing the heads, which can be with a ring, a spring-loaded ball or without anything. The presence of a retainer will prevent the equipment from falling out when the tool is lowered down, which is useful when dismantling at a height.
- Turnovers. Chuck rotation speed ranges from 800 to 9000 rpm and affects productivity. The ability to stepwise change the speed is useful for repetitive processes where it is important to quickly switch to the desired rpm. There are impact wrenches with speeds from 1 to 4.
- Impact function. Some fixtures are capable of tangential impacts to help unscrew old, rusty fasteners. It is important to pay attention to this when choosing a product for dismantling processes.
- Battery capacity. Varies from 2 to 5 A / h. Affects the autonomy of 30-180 minutes. The charging time from 60 to 180 minutes will show whether the second battery has time to charge until the first in the instrument is discharged.
What to choose a screwdriver or wrench
Since the purchase is not cheap, some users are thinking about what is better to choose a screwdriver or wrench. Although the first device can be used to tighten the nuts and bolts, there are still serious differences between them:
+ HIGH POWER AND TURNING FORCE
+ PRESENCE OF IMPACT FUNCTION
+ VARIETY BY CONNECTION TYPE
+ POSSIBILITY TO SET SPEEDS
– HEAVY AND BULK
-CATRON FITS ONLY FOR NUT
-REMOVES HATS TO SMALL FASTENERS
– LARGE RANGE OF TORQUE REGULATION
+ UNIVERSAL CHUCK FOR FASTENERS AND DRILLS
+ LESS DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
+ GENTLE RIGGING
+ MANY OPTIONS FOR SETTING THE TURNING FORCE BY THE SWITCH ON THE REDUCER
-SUITS ONLY FOR SMALL NUTS
-RELATIVELY LOW TORQUE FORCE
– ONLY ONE SPEED
Rating of the best impact wrenches
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Electric Wrenches||1||Milwaukee M18 ONEFHIWP12-502X||RUB 53,200|
|2||DeWALT DCF899P2||RUB 29 491|
|3||BOSCH GDS 18 V-LI HT 0||RUB 20 697|
|4||Makita TW0350||RUB 15,139|
|5||BOSCH GDR 10,8-LI 2.0Ah x2 L-BOXX||RUB 12,080|
|6||RYOBI R18IW3-0||RUB 6,880|
|7||Makita TD0101||RUB 4,781|
|8||Bort BSR-12X||RUB 3,490|
|Best pneumatic impact wrenches||1||HAZET 9013MG||RUB 57,750|
|2||Metabo DSSW 2440-1||RUB 42 955|
|3||KING TONY 33481-095||RUB 17,000|
|4||Fubag IW1600 (100198)||RUB 8,034|
|5||JONNESWAY JAI-1054||RUB 9 800|
|6||Licota PAW-04048||12 280 RUB|
Best Electric Wrenches
In everyday life and in small industries, electric wrenches are most in demand. Some models only need a 220 V outlet and an extension cord, while others operate generally from a battery. It is the best choice for garage, equipment repair and workshops. Here is a rating of popular models that have interested our experts with their characteristics or have a lot of positive reviews.
Milwaukee M18 ONEFHIWP12-502X
One of the most expensive battery-operated electric impact wrenches, it is characterized by high-quality assembly and impressive performance. The model spins the rig with a force of 1491 Nm, accompanied by 2400 blows per minute, which users like in the reviews. There are four speeds for fast mode change. The battery capacity is 5 A / h, and the second from the kit will be charged in just 60 minutes.
The experts ranked the impact wrench as a leader in comfortable work. The tool is connected via Bluetooth to a smartphone, on which, through the application, you can set the rotation speed, twisting force, and backlight time. You can even create profiles with different settings and load them when changing the master, which is useful when multiple people use the wrench. The program will be able to keep records of operating hours and statistics.
- full rubber handle;
- long-life brushless motor;
- precise installation and control of settings;
- huge torque of 1491 Nm.
- weight of 3.2 kg quickly tires the hand;
- the phone gets dirty from frequent adjustments in a workshop;
- high price;
- there is no torque adjustment on the body (only via the app).
Universal electric impact wrench with metal body around the gearbox, endowed with three speeds. Has a rubberized handle with ventilation inserts. Supplied with two batteries with a capacity of 5 A / h and a ½ inch cartridge. There is a reverse and a kick function up to 2400 per minute. Supplied in an easy-to-transport case. The model is quite powerful – in reviews the owners boast that the wrench unscrews the nut 32 mm in 8 seconds at maximum speed. The motor is brushless, so it will last a long time and does not need maintenance.
According to our experts, the impact wrench should be in the rating due to the combination of delicacy and torque. Despite the indicator of 950 Nm, the tool will be able to gently tighten the rig with occasional smooth pressure on the trigger. This will come in handy on medium sized nuts and bolts of 17-21 mm so as not to rip off the rig.
- there is no unpleasant return to the hand;
- brushless technology;
- bright backlight;
- two batteries.
- heavy (3.3 kg) for frequent everyday use;
- strong crackle when unscrewing;
- no protective functions;
- reversing switch in an inconvenient place – touches during use.
BOSCH GDS 18 V-LI HT 0
German electric impact wrench from a trusted brand. Has a tightening force of 650 Nm and a rotation speed of up to 1900 rpm. When tightened, it strikes in the amount of 2100 per minute. There is no stepped gear change, but there is a smooth electronic speed control by pressing the start button. The tool is designed for use with Cool Pack batteries, which have a long service life. Users in the reviews share that a charge with a 4 A / h battery is enough to 'change shoes' for one car. Although, according to the instructions, the model is designed for M20 bolts, in practice it can handle equipment up to M22.
The experts drew attention to the wrench and added it to the rating due to the beveled shape of the gearbox. This makes the tool more convenient for use in hard-to-reach places, such as when repairing a car's suspension.
- electronic overload protection is provided;
- spring loaded ball in the chuck;
- there is a backlight;
- battery status indicator.
- only one speed;
- the battery will have to be bought separately;
- no case and charger;
- weight 3 kg.
A network wrench from a well-known manufacturer. It consumes 400 watts per hour of operation and produces a torque of 350 Nm. Made in a plastic case with a metal gearbox. Suitable for long-term use due to wide cooling holes on the side and back. The speed of rotation and beats per minute at the same rate is 2000. The reverse function is realized by means of a double trigger, where when the upper part is pressed, it rotates clockwise, and when the lower part is pressed, the reverse action is started. Users in the reviews like the model for its simplicity and unpretentiousness – it easily unscrews the nuts on the hubs, tightened with a wrench.
The wrench is included in the rating due to the rubber protection of the gearbox. This is useful when installing complex structures, where the tool often hits the walls in narrow places. Rubber padding cushions impacts and maintains body integrity.
- easy replacement of brushes through service hatches;
- correct weight distribution in the T-shaped body;
- economical consumption of electricity;
- supplied with the case.
- air blows directly into the face during work;
- one speed;
- bulky due to the elongated body;
- inconvenient fixation of heads with a pin takes more time when changing equipment.
BOSCH GDR 10,8-LI 2.0Ah x2 L-BOXX
The product belongs to electric wrenches, but is more designed for screwing in fasteners in the form of self-tapping screws and screws. For this, the device was equipped with a hexagonal bit holder. But you can install an adapter into it and tighten small nuts and bolts up to M8. The wrench operates from a 2 A / h battery and delivers a speed of up to 2600 revolutions with 3100 beats per minute. Its maximum torque is not the greatest – 105 Nm, but it is quite enough for small fasteners. Diode lighting helps to carry out processes in dimly lit places without additional flashlights and lamps.
Owners in the reviews love the fast battery charging in 60 minutes, the light weight and ease of handling. We ranked the impact wrench for its compact size. The length of 137 cm will allow you to start a power tool inside the body of a washing machine, microwave oven or unscrew the parts under the hood of a car. We recommend that home appliances repairmen and builders take a closer look at it.
- supplied in a case;
- two batteries;
- works with impulse;
- weighs only 1 kg.
- restriction on work with equipment up to М8;
- you cannot work in the cold;
- if overexposed, it will easily break the inner cross in the self-tapping screw;
- flimsy transport case design.
An electric wrench, optimal in price and quality, from a well-known brand. Powered by a replaceable 18 V battery and delivers 400 Nm. Equipped with convenient battery status indication. Rubber pads reduce vibration and do not slip in your hands. The spindle rotation reaches 2900 rpm and there is a tangential impact of 3200 per minute. The speed is controlled electronically as the trigger is pulled. In the upper part there is a speed switch with three positions. In the reviews, the owners share that three clicks are enough on the R18-19 wheels and everything will be tightened to the desired level.
The experts added the impact wrench to the rating due to the optimal weight of the power tool of 2 kg. It fits comfortably in the hand and is suitable for long-term use during the day. Illumination in the form of three diodes on the gearbox provides better visibility and allows the use of a wrench in complete darkness.
- attractive price;
- 3 speeds for quick transition to different tasks;
- the handle and the back of the case are rubberized;
- unscrews the hub pins on SUVs.
- no battery and charger;
- torque without limiter (always at maximum);
- bits have a backlash in the adapter from the kit;
- to replace the brushes, you will need to disassemble the case.
A power tool from Makita, marketed as a screwdriver. It is powered by 220 V and has a power of 230 W. Equipped with a bit holder, a convenient reverse switch and reproduces a torque of 100 Nm. The spindle rotation reaches 3600 rpm, and the performance is twice as high as screwdrivers at the expense of 3200 strokes per minute. The model is liked by users in reviews with the ability to quickly change brushes, saving on costs associated with the battery and ergonomics. But everyone complains about a hot gearbox, which, however, does not affect performance.
Our experts recommend using a nutrunner from the rating during construction and repair for the installation of metal profiles or corrugated board. The model features numerous rubber pads to reduce vibration. The handle with a wide stop at the end ensures comfortable grip and manipulation all day long.
- mount in the handle for installing replaceable bits;
- long-term operation from the network;
- light weight 1 kg;
- increased protection against vibration.
- the exit of the wire slightly interferes with access to narrow places;
- one speed;
- only suitable for M10 accessories;
- high quality power cord, but short (2 m).
A budget option with good performance. The impact wrench delivers a torque of 380 Nm and contributes to high performance through impact function and 3400 rpm. The device is powered by the car's on-board network of 12V. The ½ inch square cartridge fits common heads and two are included in the kit, which reduces equipment costs. Model weighs 2.6 kg, supports electronic adjustment and reverse rotation. The power is quite enough for rearranging the wheels of the R 18, but the owners in the reviews recommend using a power tool with the engine running, otherwise you can discharge the car's battery.
According to our experts, the wrench should be included in the rating due to the power supply of the device. The model is equipped with a car cigarette lighter socket, which allows you to work in the garage and even in the field, and not depend on the capacity of the built-in battery. The price of the product belongs to the most affordable in the category.
- is completed with a case and heads 17/19 and 21/23 mm;
- there are two fuses that protect the on-board network;
- tightening the wheel bolts to the 4th click of the impact;
- attractive price.
- a large gearbox makes it difficult to climb into hard-to-reach places;
- completely plastic body;
- close-located reverse button;
- the range is limited by a wire to which it is difficult to find an extension cord.
Best pneumatic impact wrenches
Pneumatic impact wrenches do not have a motor. The rotation of the chuck is provided by the supply of compressed air acting on the impeller. Thanks to this design, the tool heats up less and can be used for a long time. The second advantage of the products in this category is the increased twisting force compared to electric models. Such devices are also more compact, but their use always requires connection to a compressor. Optimal areas of application are service stations and equipment assembly plants.
One of the highest quality pneumatic impact wrenches with a durable rubber coated metal body. It spins with an adjustable force of 1000-1800 Nm and rotates the spindle at a speed of 6100 rpm. The tooling fits onto a ¾ ”square chuck and air is supplied through a threaded connection on the nipple. The air gun discharges exhaust air into the grip and not into the user's face, as evidenced by reviews.
We have singled out this pneumatic impact wrench as a leader in the ranking in several positions at once. He has a huge torque of 1800 Nm, which is suitable for the assembly of critical and large structures. The handle of the tool is covered with a thermally insulated pad that better protects the user. The magnesium alloy body is lightweight and durable when dropped.
- exhaust air outlet through the handle for cooling;
- durable alloy body;
- compact length 225 mm;
- double impact mechanism.
- very high cost;
- easily folds heads to small M10-16 fasteners;
- noisy operation of 106 dB, complemented by the hum of the compressor;
- inconvenient reverse switching at the end.
Metabo DSSW 2440-1
German impact wrench, which is produced at production facilities in Taiwan. Equipped with two D-shaped rubberized handles, one of which contains the trigger. The metal gearbox is enclosed in a rubber rim for shock protection. The pneumatic tool is so powerful that it needs to be connected to hoses with an internal diameter of at least 10 mm. The chuck rotates at 6,000 rpm for high productivity. The kit includes a bottle of oil and several nipples for connection.
We included the impact wrench in the rating because of the huge torque with a maximum of 2440 Nm. The chuck drive is 1 inch, making it the best for processes where large M32-55 nuts are involved. We recommend taking a closer look at it to owners of truck tire fitting or specific industries.
- impact mechanism Twin Hammer;
- spindle rotation 6000 rpm;
- long drive for access to deep niches;
- friction ring for attachment of equipment.
- comes in a box, not a suitcase;
- weighs 7.3 kg and quickly tires hands;
- held with only two hands;
- a powerful compressor is needed due to the air consumption of 780 liters per minute.
KING TONY 33481-095
Taiwan pneumatic impact wrench with adjustable torque and maximum 1288 Nm. To correct the twisting force, set the switch on the front side to one of 4 positions. The ½ ”chuck allows the connection of heads from M17 to M46 from common manufacturers. The wrench is connected to the compressor through a threaded fitting and consumes only 190 liters of air per minute at a pressure of 6 atm. The compact 197 mm length is convenient for insertion into pipes and behind the rim.
In our opinion, the model earned a place in the ranking of the best thanks to its lightweight aluminum alloy body, which provided a weight of 2.25 kg. The outside of the pneumatic tool is covered with thermoplastic rubber, which reduces vibration to a level of 8.1 m / s2, so your hands will not get tired of it. The rotation speed of the chuck is one of the highest here and is 8000 rpm, which will help to unscrew long pins faster.
- light weight 2.25 kg;
- double impact function for accelerated unwinding;
- a powerful compressor is not needed due to the air consumption of 190 l / min;
- suitable for M46 fasteners.
- a thick hose of 10 mm is required;
- often the reverse button is accidentally touched;
- screwed up with sprocket screws, therefore a special wrench is required for cleaning and lubrication.
Fubag IW1600 (100198)
Pneumatic impact wrench from a German brand, but assembled at a manufacturing facility in China. It has a torque of 1600 Nm and is suitable for nuts and bolts up to 46 mm. Tightening adjustment is implemented by a neat switch at the bottom of the handle. The cartridge makes up to 4200 rpm. Reverse is activated by a small pusher under the gearbox and is never hit by accident.
We ranked the impact wrench as the most comfortable among the most powerful models. To hold it, a second handle is provided at the top of the body, which relieves the hands of the master. Periodically, it is allowed to hold the apparatus with one hand alternately, which cannot be done on other nutrunners with a side handle. Our experts, as well as users in the reviews, recommend using it in enterprises that repair trucks and trailers weighing 3-5 tons.
- good torque 1600 Nm;
- introduced the Twin Hammer impact technologies;
- the tightening force is adjustable;
- firm fixing of the equipment thanks to the friction ring.
- huge air consumption of 1133 l / min;
- square ¾ will require an adapter to install larger heads;
- slips slightly in the hand;
- weight 6 kg.
Another product from another Taiwanese brand. The percussion pistol turns the cartridge up to 7000 rpm and applies a force from 780 to 920 Nm. A ½ ”square is used to connect the heads. To reduce vibration, the manufacturer has provided a thick rubber resin pad. The back of the body is painted with enamel using electrostatic technology, so the instrument retains its attractive appearance for a long time in production conditions. In reviews, the model is praised for its endurance and attractive value.
We ranked the impact wrench as the best for frequent job changes. The device requires a pressure of 6 atm and consumes only 119 liters of air per minute, therefore it is compatible with small compressors. When assembled, such equipment takes up little space and is convenient for transportation and use in the field from a generator.
- weighs 2.5 kg;
- thick rubber handle perfectly absorbs vibration;
- short length of 186 mm facilitates access to the mechanisms in the casing;
- the tightening force can be adjusted.
- there is no quick connector for connection;
- sloppy molding of plastic and rubber parts;
- comes in a paper box;
- for fasteners no more than M32.
Small pneumatic type wrench with a torque of 1048 Nm. The manufacturer made the cylinder of steel, when most analogs in this price category have an aluminum assembly, so the life of the wrench is longer. The body has a balanced weight distribution and the load on the master's brush is minimal, which is noted by the owners in the reviews. It tolerates falls well and will withstand severe exploitation. Thanks to the spring-loaded rotor blades, the tool comes into operation immediately after triggering. The connection from the air hose is equipped with a hinge, so it will not twist the line when the user moves to another place.
This is the fastest torque wrench in the rating. The chuck is able to rotate at 8500 rpm, which is useful for a large amount of stud screwing every day. The model is optimally suited for assembly line assembly and quickly pays for itself due to its low cost.
- compact length 192 mm;
- light weight 2.2 kg;
- ½ ”chuck fits large and small diameter heads;
- Double punch.
- the enamelled gearbox is quickly scratched in production;
- the heads periodically fly off the square;
- consumption of 400 liters of air per minute.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.