Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
To organize water heating in a private house or in the country, various water heaters are used. Residents of high-rise buildings also resort to them, wanting to stay in comfort during preventive outages of the centralized hot water supply for several weeks. One of the most popular are storage electric models. Our experts have prepared a rating of such water heaters, which will help you make your choice.
- How to choose an electric storage water heater
- Which water heater is better instantaneous or storage
- Rating of the best electric storage water heaters
- The best electric storage water heaters of floor installation
- Stiebel Eltron SHW 300 ACE
- Timberk SWH RS5 300 V
- Ariston Ti Tronic Industrial 200 STI
- Thermex Round Plus IR 200V
- The best wall mounted electric storage water heaters
- Stiebel Eltron SH 100 A Uni
- AEG EWH 50 Comfort EL
- Ballu BWH / S 100 Smart WiFi
- Electrolux EWH 100 Centurio IQ 2.0
- Zanussi ZWH / S 80 Smalto DL
- Gorenje OTG 50 SLSIMB6 / SLSIMBB6
- Electrolux EWH 30 Formax
- Timberk SWH RE15 50 V
- Thermex Champion ER 50V
How to choose an electric storage water heater
When choosing a storage water heater powered by the network, or as it is also called a boiler, we advise you to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Storage device volume. The models are available in capacities ranging from 30 to 300 liters. The calculated value is 30-50 liters per person.
- Installation method. Water heaters are floor-standing and wall-mounted. The former are easier to install, but take up useful floor space, the latter can be placed at a convenient height, but this requires more time and the presence of a solid partition (walls made of plasterboard or gypsum will not work).
- Tank material. A steel tank covered with enamel will come out cheaper. A more advanced option would be glass ceramics. The most durable is a stainless steel container, but the price of such a water heater is also high.
- Heating element type. Electric boilers heat the liquid with heating elements. It can be 'wet', that is, it has direct contact with water, and 'dry', isolated in a sealed flask. The former have a higher heating rate, but the service life is shorter. The second is the opposite.
- Control type. The simplest here is the mechanical type – a relay that controls the heating power and turns off when a certain temperature is reached. Electronic control more precisely maintains the set temperature, has anti-freeze protection functions, a pleasant digital display and other settings that make operation more comfortable.
- Heating element power. The indicator varies from 1500 to 6000 W and affects the heating rate.
Our rating contains 13 storage devices for water heating, which are distinguished by good characteristics and have collected many positive reviews. Before moving on to the review, let's note why this type of water heater is better than an electric instantaneous one.
Which water heater is better instantaneous or storage
+ Long-term retention of heat (even with a power outage)
+ Economical energy consumption
+ No need for a separate electrical line
+ Stable flow temperature
– It takes time to warm up the volume
– Take up a lot of space
– Heavy during transport
– High price
– Complex installation
+ Low weight
+ Easy installation
+ Heats only the water that is currently in use
+ Low price
– Consumes more electricity
– Need a wiring with a cross section of 2.5-3 mm2
– Dependences of the heating force on the temperature of the incoming stream
Rating of the best electric storage water heaters
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best electric storage water heaters of floor installation||1||Stiebel Eltron SHW 300 ACE||RUB 150 195|
|2||Timberk SWH RS5 300 V||RUB 40,520|
|3||Ariston Ti Tronic Industrial 200 STI||RUB 45 755|
|4||Thermex Round Plus IR 200V||RUB 35,060|
|The best wall mounted electric storage water heaters||1||Stiebel Eltron SH 100 A Uni||RUB 65,500|
|2||AEG EWH 50 Comfort EL||RUB 34,000|
|3||Ballu BWH / S 100 Smart WiFi||RUB 15 435|
|4||Electrolux EWH 100 Centurio IQ 2.0||RUB 15 796|
|5||Zanussi ZWH / S 80 Smalto DL||RUB 13,655|
|6||Gorenje OTG 50 SLSIMB6 / SLSIMBB6||RUB 8,019|
|7||Electrolux EWH 30 Formax||RUB 7,940|
|8||Timberk SWH RE15 50 V||RUB 6 959|
|9||Thermex Champion ER 50V||RUB 4,731|
The best electric storage water heaters of floor installation
Equipment with a floor-standing type of installation has a large volume of 200-300 liters and a weight of 250-350 kg with the collected liquid, therefore it is impractical to mount it to the wall. Models from this rating category are optimal for use in public places of commercial facilities or in a house where several generations live at once. But the installation requires the allocation of a separate place in the bathroom, boiler room or utility room, where communications will have to be brought.
Stiebel Eltron SHW 300 ACE
Storage water heater from a German manufacturer. The capacity holds 300 liters, and the 4000 W heating element contributes to high productivity – 300 liters in 3.5 hours. The accelerated heating mode is provided separately. The electric water heater is installed on its own stand and occupies 158.2 cm in height. The controls are located in the lower part, and the control is carried out by a thermometer located at a height of 130 cm. The large tank is made of steel and covered with enamel. If the appliance is left in an unheated room, the electronics will monitor its operation to prevent freezing.
Our experts included this cumulative model in the rating due to its versatility in power supply – it can be connected to both 220 V and 380 V. It is most practical to use it in a small production facility in order to organize the work of showers for employees. Thanks to the effect of 380 V electricity, heating will occur even faster.
- electronic control;
- universal food;
- suitable for 5-6 sampling points;
- anode with an indicator of the need for replacement;
- thermal insulation made of polyurethane foam.
- takes up a lot of space;
- regulator at an uncomfortable height;
- 'wet' heater;
- high price.
Timberk SWH RS5 300 V
A water heater with a mechanical relay that makes operation simple and the service life of the equipment long. The white enamelled steel body is easy to keep clean. Inside, 45 mm foam insulation ensures long-term heat retention. To heat a volume of 300 liters, manufacturers provided the device with a 6 kW submersible heating element. The tank is constructed from stainless steel, and the seams are additionally treated to neutralize corrosion. The tank can withstand the maximum pressure up to 10 bar, after which the combination valve is activated. To make the equipment convenient to repair, the creators divided a thermostat and a temperature limiter in it.
According to the general opinion of our experts, this is the best water heater in the rating due to its simple and robust design, stainless steel tank and powerful heating element. The price of the model is several times cheaper than its European counterparts.
- low price;
- good corrosion protection;
- robust body with a steel thickness of 1.8 mm;
- will heat a huge volume up to 30º in 105 minutes.
- inconveniently located thermostat;
- very large structure;
- there are no additional functions;
- connection to a three-phase network is required.
Ariston Ti Tronic Industrial 200 STI
Another storage model from a trusted brand, designed for connection to a 220/380 V network. The tank holds 200 liters and is heated by a tubular block with direct contact and a power of 3 kW. The device is capable of heating the specified volume up to 75 degrees. There are two indicators on the case: power on and active mode. Of the protective functions, there is a safety valve and a magnesium anode. If an electric water heater is rarely used, then you can save on electricity and activate the accelerated heating mode, and turn it off at other times, which makes it a good option for a summer residence when visiting with relatives.
The electric water heater entered the rating thanks to the innovation in the treatment of the inner walls of the tank – they are covered with titanium enamel. This design made it possible to reduce the total cost for the consumer and reliably protect the metal from rust.
- acceptable price;
- economical consumption of electricity;
- versatility of network connectivity;
- long service life.
- takes up a lot of space;
- empty weighs 50 kg;
- heats the liquid for a long time.
Thermex Round Plus IR 200V
Boiler 200 liters from a Russian manufacturer. Mechanical power limitation allows adjusting the speed and temperature of heating the liquid from 30 to 70º. To reduce the heating time, the heating element was divided into three parts, 2000 W each. An electric water heater is allowed to be connected to a voltage of 380 or 220 Volts. There is a 'Turbo heating' mode, which brings the temperature to 50 degrees in 95 minutes. Despite the capacity of 200 liters, the creators managed to make it more compact than other boilers – the dimensions are 630x630x1210 mm.
According to our experts, this water heater has earned a place in the rating due to the increased service life of the tank. Sellers immediately indicate the warranty for this part – 7 years. This became possible thanks to the 1.2 mm thick stainless steel container and the increased area of the anodes, which protect the walls from oxidation.
- more compact than others;
- accelerated heating;
- especially long service life of the tank walls;
- dense polyurethane in an insulating layer;
- the control unit can be removed separately on the wall.
- increased consumption of electricity;
- no protection against switching on without water.
The best wall mounted electric storage water heaters
Wall mounting significantly saves floor space. Under the boiler in the bathroom, you can place a bathroom, a toilet, or a washing shirt. Other users hang them in the kitchen above the sink. Horizontal storage models are mounted high above the ceiling above cabinets. This makes them more popular for apartments and houses.
Stiebel Eltron SH 100 A Uni
Vertical wall-mounted boiler from a German company with a capacity of 100 liters. A convenient stepless power switch is located under the body, which controls the value from 1.3 to 3.9 kW. The analog thermometer in the center always reports the current temperature. The frost prevention mode allows it to be left in a room with the heating turned off. The container is made of steel and an inner enamel coating, protected by a magnesium anode.
The model earned a place in the ranking due to improved heating. This is facilitated by the copper walls of the heating element, which transfer heat faster than steel ones, and the power is 3.9 kW. The maximum temperature reaches 82 degrees, which, when diluted, will allow 5-6 people to take a shower at once.
- electronic control;
- fast heat transfer from heating element to liquid;
- overheat protection;
- compact dimensions 975x510x510 mm.
- high price;
- no accelerated heating;
- there is no check valve;
- consumes electricity significantly at full power.
AEG EWH 50 Comfort EL
Brand water heater assembled in Slovakia. The capacity contains 50 liters, the volume is heated by a heating element 1800 W. The device is capable of heating the flow up to 85 degrees. The walls of the storage tank are treated with a multi-layer enamel coating, which is the company's patented technology. It has a dual function: it protects metal from rust and slows down heat transfer. In combination with the dense foam under the casing, the device retains heat for a long time, which saves on electricity costs.
He took his position in the ranking because of the ability to perform self-diagnostics. The electronics itself examines the health of the system and informs the code about possible malfunctions. A small display is provided to display the results. The 'dry' heater has a stainless steel coating, which makes it virtually permanent.
- many additional functions;
- display for control of setting input;
- made in Europe;
- drive warranty 10 years;
- touch buttons.
- high price;
- no overheating protection;
- expensive repair.
Ballu BWH / S 100 Smart WiFi
A premium water heater from a renowned manufacturer can be placed vertically or horizontally. The front panel has a beautiful design with rounded edges. On it are located: a display, a step switch and a start key. There is a USB outlet under the bottom cover for connecting a Wi-Fi transmitter and wireless access to the device settings. The user, through the application, can set the boiler start-up time, the number of degrees, the power level and start self-cleaning.
A 100-liter accumulator is heated by a spiral in a copper sheath for 225 minutes up to 75 degrees. Alloy steel tank walls. The remote control program is available both for the operating system Android and for smartphones based on iOS. Such an implementation allows you to turn on the water heater shortly before leaving work, and not keep it heated all day, which makes it the best in the rating in terms of energy saving and modernity.
- stylish design;
- two heating modes;
- remote access via Wi-Fi;
- disinfection system;
- a residual current device included;
- clear application.
- water jets are not allowed to hit the body;
- no self-diagnosis;
Electrolux EWH 100 Centurio IQ 2.0
Another novelty with smartphone control, but the device is much cheaper than competitors in this category. The drive holds 100 liters and is heated by two heating elements with a total power of 2000 W. The display allows you to monitor the current temperature and make settings. For pairing with a phone or tablet, a connector for the Wi-Fi antenna of the module is provided at the bottom of the case.
The electric water heater was clearly included in the rating due to its affordable price with a stainless steel tank, wireless access, 'dry' heating elements and stylish design. It is worth paying attention to everyone who appreciates reliability, since the equipment is equipped with numerous safety systems, including: protection against overheating, a valve for relieving excess pressure, anti-freezing, an RCD, a heating limiter.
- universal installation;
- large display;
- turning on and setting power through the phone;
- non-contact heater operation;
- cleaning from bacteria.
- heats up for a long time (228 min);
- Wi-Fi module needs to be purchased separately.
Zanussi ZWH / S 80 Smalto DL
Storage water heater with a capacity of 80 liters. Differs in quiet operation despite the power of 2000 W. It is manufactured in a beautiful silver case with a black display and bright numbers – the readings are clearly visible even at a distance of 3 m. The boiler functions at a pressure of 0.8 to 6.0 atm and heats up to 75º.
We included it in the rating because the device is well suited for a family of two, to which relatives often come (adult children, grandchildren, parents). The storage tank is internally divided into two independent parts with separate heaters. Only one side works in ECO mode, which saves energy consumption. At the maximum, all 80 liters are heated in 153 minutes, which will cover the needs of 4 users.
- the presence of an RCD;
- controls the maintenance of the set temperature;
- will not turn on without water;
- safety valve and overheating protection;
- easy to clean body;
- no cracking when cooling.
- mechanical power adjustment;
- enameled container;
Gorenje OTG 50 SLSIMB6 / SLSIMBB6
The electric water heater is made in a rectangular case with a storage capacity of 50 liters, which is enough for washing 1-2 people. Connections are removed from the bottom of the body. The water heater is available in black and white, which is convenient for matching to the interior. The 2000 W power brings the liquid to 75º in 115 minutes. The enamelled tank is protected by a magnesium anode and a non-return valve.
We put the model in the rating due to the reliable and simple operation of the electronic-mechanical part. The panel indicates the recommended position of 55 degrees to get a pleasant hot flow with dilution in mind. Pay attention to the mounting of the case – it is hung on a plate pre-bolted to the wall, which does not require hitting the holes and accurately measuring the center distance.
- affordable price;
- long service life;
- protection against freezing and overheating;
- light weight 24 kg;
- simple installation.
- no display of the current temperature;
- enameled walls;
- mechanical switch without additional settings;
- there is no RCD.
Electrolux EWH 30 Formax
Compact model with 30L storage and 2000W heating element. Manufacturers have equipped it with an ECO mode to save electricity. The 2 heating elements have no direct contact with water due to the 'dry' design. Installation can be carried out directly above the sink in the kitchen or above the bathroom – the device will not interfere and will beautifully fit into the interior. If there is a disconnection of water in the central system, then the device will release hot water for the consumer, but will stop heating until it feels a pressure of at least 0.8 atm, and therefore it deserves a place in the rating for safety.
A great option for organizing warm water in the kitchen or for washing one person. Thanks to the power of 2 kW, it quickly heats up the volume and goes into economy mode. As a result, in a week, with active use, it will consume 24-40 kW of electricity.
- attractive price;
- rich set of protection (RCD, overheating, pressure relief, anode);
- accelerated heating function;
- compact dimensions 344x545x359 mm;
- fast standard heating.
- enameled coating;
- mechanical control;
- does not display current indicators.
Timberk SWH RE15 50 V
Cylindrical water heater with 50 l storage and 1.5 kW power. It is connected to any outlet, it is possible even without grounding, since it has its own RCD inside and will not allow a person to be injured by electric shock. Installation is easy due to the 17 kg weight. 'Dry' heating element serves for a long time and is protected from overheating. The panel displays the current temperature readings and the desired ones.
According to our experts, this water heater is the best in the rating for vertical installation in apartments and houses with a ceiling height of 3 m. The beveled display at the bottom and the touch buttons are convenient for control and operation from below. This allows the device to be placed high above the bathroom or toilet in the bathroom, so that it does not take up useful space at the level of movement of users.
- nice design;
- easy electronic control;
- wide display;
- accurate maintenance of the set mode;
- quiet work.
- cools quickly;
- long heating.
Thermex Champion ER 50V
A small water heater 450x530x470 mm with high-quality insulation, thanks to which it retains heat for a long time. To protect the user from the breakdown of electricity to the case, an RCD is provided, but it is placed on the supply wire. The power of 1500 W is economical (1.5 kW is consumed for 1 hour of continuous operation) and simultaneously efficient (up to 30º per hour). The light indication below informs about the active or passive state.
Confident entry into the rating thanks to the simple design and the presence of a thermometer. Despite the budget, the walls of the drive are covered with glass ceramics, so they are better protected from corrosion than analogues in this price category.
- cools down for a long time;
- the outer wall does not heat up;
- glass-ceramic coating of the container;
- suitable for multiple sampling points.
- unsightly spherical design;
- heats 50 liters in 95 minutes;
- The RCD on the wire looks cumbersome;
- sold without anchor bolts and drain hose.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.