Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Scissors for metal are actively used in construction sites during the repair of apartments and houses, as well as in various workshops. With their help, you can cut in a straight line or cut aluminum, copper, galvanized steel, cermets and others materials. The tool is used to cut profiles under drywall, scrap metal, corrugated board. Other models able to cut steel bars, nails, bolts.
To navigate this diversity we have prepared rating of the best scissors for metal, based on reviews by masters, builders and ordinary users. Your contribution to the evaluation of goods made by our experts, exploring the characteristics of the tool. This information will help you choose the right cutting scissors. metal of specific thickness and shape.
- How to choose metal scissors
- Rating of the best metal scissors
- The best sheet metal shears
- Hazet 1961R-1
- NWS 070-12-350
- KRAFTOOL 2325-L
- Gross 78327
- The best nibblers for metal
- KNIPEX KN-9055280
- Best lever scissors
- Enkor Korvet-568
- The best hydraulic scissors
- KVT BRG-12
- The best reinforcing scissors (bolt cutters)
- KNIPEX KN-7182950
- STAYER 2330-090 900 mm
- Brigadir 23000 600 mm
- Enkor 27310
- Zubr 23313-045 450 mm
How to choose metal scissors
Before studying the rating, we briefly outline the main selection criteria scissors for metal. Understanding these parameters, the buyer will be able to better navigate the quality of the product and its suitability for certain work. Scissors for cutting metal choose the following characteristics:
- Direction of cut. The tool may be right (holds in the left hand and cuts straight and right), with the left (cuts straight and left, held by the right hand) and straight (placed in either hand and cuts only straight).
- Connection point. Two halves of scissors are fixed bolt or pin with rivet. Central fixation convenient for short cuts (5-30 mm), trimming ends, trimming. Offset center tool allows long longitudinal cuts (up to 10-100 cm), without abutting against the edges of the iron billet.
- Blade material. The cutting edge is made of chromium-molybdenum and chromium-vanadium alloy. The most durable will be Chrome Nickel or High Carbon Steel.
- The thickness of the cut. Must always be indicated on the packaging and denotes the maximum section of steel that they are capable of cut. The indicator varies from 0.3 to 16 mm. If not comply these recommendations, then the cutting edge will quickly become dull or deformed.
- Type of handle. If you have to work only periodically, a single-component handle softens the pressure. At daily use is better to choose two-component handles with ergonomic grip due to cutouts under the fingers that allow hold the tool securely even in sweaty hands.
- Total length. Scissors come in lengths from 17.5 to 95 cm. The larger the indicator, the longer the cut can be performed in one pressing or more powerful pressure from levers. In some processes, long scissors save time or effort, but wear them on your belt less conveniently.
- Type of drive. Scissors for cutting metal can be with small manual drive for thin sheet steel or rods. Other models are placed on the table and have an elongated drive, allowing you to cut workpieces with a section up to 1.6 cm. large thicknesses there are products with a hydraulic drive.
In addition to the above parameters, the scissors are divided by destination, as detailed in the categories of our rating.
Rating of the best metal scissors
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best sheet metal shears||1||Hazet 1961R-1||8 658 rub.|
|2||NWS 070-12-350||3 028 rub.|
|3||KRAFTOOL 2325-L||1 029 rub.|
|4||Gross 78327||775 rub|
|The best nibblers for metal||1||KNIPEX KN-9055280||5 787 rub.|
|Best lever scissors||1||Enkor Korvet-568||3 2752 rub.|
|The best hydraulic scissors||1||KVT BRG-12||3 970 rub.|
|The best reinforcing scissors (bolt cutters)||1||KNIPEX KN-7182950||RUB 15,005|
|2||STAYER 2330-090 900 mm||1 520 rub.|
|3||Brigadir 23000 600 mm||2 175 rub.|
|4||Enkor 27310||1 120 rub.|
|5||Zubr 23313-045 450 mm||718 rub|
The best sheet metal shears
Products from this rating category are designed for cutting or trimming aluminum sheets, galvanized steel or copper plates. Most often, such a tool is used by tinsmiths or drywall workers. It is also actively used in industries for the manufacture of ventilation systems and drains.
The first place in our rating is occupied by goods from a German brand Hazet. Scissors are made of two metals, where for the cutting part high carbon steel meets, and the drive is made of stainless alloy. This design reliably protects the material from corrosion and extends its life. Item suitable for performing straight and curly cuts. So that the hand does not come off, high limiters are provided. To prevent pinching fingers, emphasis on the drive.
Our experts rated the product as the best right away to several positions. Due to the thick jaws, the tool is capable of cut a section of ordinary metal to 1.8 mm. It will turn out to cut them and reinforced sheet metal up to 1.2 mm thick. In addition to power, users in reviews like the comfort of holding due to thick pens. They evenly distribute the load when pressed. Another The advantage of the goods is high build quality and long service life. When handled correctly, they will withstand up to 10 years of active operation.
- compact length 26 cm;
- comfortable grip;
- serve up to 10 years;
- cut metal up to 1.8 mm.
- there is no latch in the closed position (can open on the belt and injure the body);
- high price;
- handle coating is not dielectric;
- this model needs to be held in the left hand, which is inconvenient righties.
In second place ranking is another product from Germany, but manufactured in the United Arab Emirates. Second name of this models – Pelikan. This is due to the shape of the blades and curved handles, similar to a long beak of a bird. Due to this implementation of scissors it’s convenient to cut sheet metal, placing them both above the surface, and under it. Knives in the manufacture were subjected additional induction hardening (heating by electromagnetic field) and brought to the hardness of steel 57-59 HRC. The tool has a length of 35 cm and it can be controlled with one or two hands. Maximum the cross section of the metal being cut is 1.2 mm.
According to our experts, the product should be rated in view of high productivity with longitudinal cuts. The length of the edges it is 8 cm, which allows you to quickly cut sheet iron. The invention of the German company is also distinguished by convenience for built-in spring for easy blade rearing for the next push.
- are much cheaper than other German brands;
- universality of retention (above the sheet or under the sheet);
- emphasis preventing pinching fingers;
- fast metal cutting thanks to edges 80 mm long.
- have to hold with two hands;
- sometimes the nose may not cut about 8 mm to the edge;
- thin arms;
- no closed position lock.
In third place is the German brand, harvested in Taiwan. The model has a length of 26 cm and the working part made of chromium-molybdenum alloy. Maximum thickness cut metal – 1.5 mm. The masters in the reviews note that if work with corrugated board and profile, cross-section up to 0.8 mm, then sharpening keeps for a long time, despite everyday use. Thanks complex system of joining leverage does not require significant effort to push. High limiters prevent tool slipping out of wet hands. Construction connected bolts and nuts, not rivets, so the tightness of alignment knives can be adjusted.
We put the scissors in the rating for their safe execution. Knives fixed in closed position with an additional bracket. Such the device is useful to roofers for trimming metal and corrugated board, which often have to place the tool on belt when moving around the roof. They are also universal (you can cut lengthwise and cut), so on the roof do with one instance.
- high-quality assembly without play;
- plentifully greased from the factory;
- the blades fit snugly together;
- comfortable rubber grip.
- non-dielectric coating;
- widely disclosed, which is inconvenient for a person with a small palm;
- reduced blade travel.
Fourth place in the ranking was taken by another German product, manufactured in China. The model is sold under the name Piranha, because its forms are similar to this river predator. But It is noteworthy not only in appearance. Chromium Molybdenum the alloy was induction hardened and the knives got hardness 60-62 HRC, superior to more expensive brands. This copy is suitable for non-ferrous metals and stainless become. Buyers in reviews like their two-component grip, conveniently lying in the hand. All connections in the structure are bolted, therefore, adjusting the stroke and the degree of closure of the blades is always possible install according to your convenience.
We marked this model in the rating as the most compact and affordable. Thanks to the length of 23 cm, it is useful plasterboard and false ceiling installers to trim the profile is high and do not carry a heavy tool. Weight 350 g almost not felt on the belt. In this case, the scissors will cope with metal section up to 1.5 mm.
- high stops on the handle;
- loop for garter lace;
- increased blade strength;
- compact size and light weight.
- no closed position lock;
- only for short cuts;
- low productivity.
The best nibblers for metal
Nibblers differ from other types in their ability cut in a single pass not a thin line, but a wide strip. The device carves the material immediately in two lines, forming passage width from 1 to 3 mm. In addition to the knives present equipment for chip breaking and its removal, which forms immediately ready hole for installation. Such models from the rating will come in handy. to create various grooves and cutouts in the metal used in installation of slopes, tides or electrical panels.
In this rating category, we identified only one qualitative model from a German manufacturer. Knipex supplied scissors double knives, allowing to carve metal 1.2 mm thick. IN plastic can cut through the groove even with a workpiece thickness of 2 mm. The drive and the working part of them is made of chromium-vanadium alloy, not susceptible to corrosion. On the nose, the manufacturer placed chipbreaker in the form of a bracket with a ledge, providing a clean cut without additional edge treatment. Maximum width grip makes up 2.7 mm for the model. Tool steel was calcined in oil to keep sharpening longer.
Our experts in cutting scissors liked their quality and long service life, for which they are listed in the best. This one metal cutting and chip breaking models are carried out in one pressing, which reduces the number of manipulations with the workpiece and not requires further processing. The blades in the model are interchangeable, therefore after running out of their resources, you don’t have to buy a new tool, but just a snap to it.
- Verified manufacturer
- two-component handle;
- high restraints that prevent slipping hands;
- integrated chipbreaker.
- high price;
- you need to train a lot on rough blanks in order to master work;
- low productivity.
Best lever scissors
Lever shears for metal have hard and movable knives. The latter is driven by a long lever transmitting pressing through the gear mechanism. Due to this design the operator’s slight pressure translates into tremendous power. A tool from this rating category can cut sheet iron, rods, square, corner and strips of metal. But because of the big weights and dimensions they are suitable only for stationary placement in workshops and in factories.
Only one model stands out in this category of ranking of the best. from the Russian manufacturer Enkor. The machine has a fixed lower platform and upper blade, 200 mm long adjustable move. To prevent the workpiece from moving when pressed, it is provided retainer and threaded clamp. Users note in reviews precision of a cut and ease of the course. With such scissors perform Operations can not even physically trained person. Unit able to cut through a brand or corner with a section of 40×6 cm, a rod 1.6 cm in diameter or a strip 10 cm wide and 1 cm thick.
Our experts put the product in the rating due to high power machine tool. This is the best option to organize thick metal cutting in lack of electricity. Performance model able to get ahead of angle grinders on serial manipulation of cutting reinforcement, square or strip.
- the length of the knives is 20 cm;
- A lot of operator effort is not required
- maximum metal section 1.6 cm;
- reliable fixing of the workpiece.
- it is required to fix the machine to the surface;
- high price;
- weight of 50 kg makes transportation and movement difficult workshop;
- the drive handle is not rubberized.
The best hydraulic scissors
Hydraulic shears are equipped with a rod driven inside. oil pressure movement. A blade is attached to the end of the piston. The counterpart is motionless. The working part is performed as C-shaped or with long parallel knives. Operator inflates pressure manually, acting on the handles.
The tool in this category is specific and is useful only when certain conditions, so we highlighted in the ranking of the best only one model from a Russian manufacturer. Hydraulic shears reproduce a force of 5 tons, so it is easy to cut the reinforcement, a square or bar with a diameter of 12 mm. For this they have pumping handle and cylinder with piston. Whole body metal (except for the second handle), which reduces the likelihood damage when falling. For quick pressure relief valve with signed arrows. Transport from facility to object scissors conveniently in the plastic case included.
The masters in the reviews like that the product is not subject to mandatory certification according to technical regulations (official letter manufacturer on the sellers website), so its use is nothing not limited to facilities subject to state control. AND Our experts liked the product by lightly cutting reinforcement with cross-section up to 12 mm, which is practical when knitting an arm belt with construction work. This does not require pulling power lines up buildings, and hydraulics will protect against overwork of the hand.
- valve for quick pressure relief;
- strong case;
- cutting force of 5 tons;
- practical case for transportation.
- uncomfortable handle;
- work is slow (you need to pump up pressure);
- the arm gets tired faster from a weight of 2.3 kg.
The best reinforcing scissors (bolt cutters)
Reinforcing scissors designed for biting bolts, rods and fittings due to large levers that convert manual forces squeezing by the operator. The longer the lever, the more powerful the pressure.
In first place in this rating category is the product from German company Knipex. Bolt cutter is available in red, clearly distinguishable among building materials, therefore it is easy find at the site. Masters in reviews praise him for his thick pens, emollient pressure from levers during operation. Metal part made of chromium-vanadium alloy and has a bar thickness of 11 mm The material was further hardened in oil to enhance strength. The hardness of the cutter is 62 HRC, which demonstrate not all competitors. The cutting part can be set to opening width in 12 different positions, which increases performance with the same type of manipulation.
Our experts put the model in the rating due to the special form headband. Unlike other metal scissors, these cutting jaws are designed for lateral institution details. It makes it easier use in bottlenecks as the master needs to have they are not perpendicular to the plane, but in parallel. Such an option Great for roll nets.
- powerful handles with a diameter of 11 mm;
- flat design of jaws and hinge;
- the metal case is powder coated;
- thick two-component handles.
- high price;
- uncomfortable to carry around the construction site due sizes;
- weight 4.11 kg tires hands faster;
- the handle coating allows electric current to pass through.
STAYER 2330-090 900 mm
In second place ranking products from the Stayer brand, owned by the German corporation Kraftool. Tool is capable cut through non-hardened steel (HRC 20) with a section up to 1.6 cm in one tapping. In the case of hot rods (with strength HRC 30), scissors bite section to 1.1 cm. To ensure such strength blades, tool steel hardened by high-frequency currents. A lot of effort is possible due to the long levers of 90 cm.
We have identified this model in the ranking as the most powerful and suitable for harsh construction conditions. Bolt cutter will cope with a thick fittings without damaging the sponge. Judging by the reviews, the masters like their reinforced connector, which extends the life of the product despite at regular loads. The headband is phosphated, therefore you can work with them in the rain or in wet weather, without fear to spoil an expensive fixture.
- there are holes in the handles for garter lace;
- stop limiter so as not to pinch your fingers;
- adjusting the degree of closure of the jaws;
- additional coating against corrosion.
- weight 5 kg;
- large dimensions;
- high price;
- perpendicular approach to the part is required (enough places).
Brigadir 23000 600 mm
In third place ranking is the product from domestic manufacturer, but from the premium tool segment. Reinforcing scissors are made of chromium-molybdenum alloy and equipped emphasis preventing pinching fingers. Levers covered powder coating resistant to precipitation and alkali, and working part is phosphated. Review users like simplicity use with minimal settings. Leverage is 60 cm, so they will be able to bite a bolt with a diameter of up to 9 mm.
Our experts valued the product for its simplicity of design and increased stamina. There is no closure regulator in his circuit, and although this is a minus for the functional, but at the same time it increases strength execution. More metal scissors weigh only 1 kg, which is much lighter than analogs, and convenient to use all day or on high.
- thick arms;
- phosphate coating on knives;
- light weight 1 kg;
- simplified design will last a long time.
- high price;
- no adjustment according to the degree of reduction of the blades;
- the nuts on the knives thicken the headband.
In fourth place in the ranking is another domestic model, but already at a more pleasant price. Reinforcing scissors have a length of 60 cm and equipped with thick handles, 10 mm cross section. The tool is made of chrome vanadium steel and powder coated. By weight he lighter than bulky bolt cutters, but not much – the indicator is 2.6 kg Build quality is not inferior to European – in design no backlash and casting deformation. To metal scissors was convenient to work, the manufacturer equipped them with embossed overlays on handles containing cutouts under the fingers.
Our experts ranked the model as not inferior in quality to famous brands, but at an affordable price. According to the reviews of the masters, scissors cut with a notch section 6-8 mm, but this requires a double force setting.
- affordable price;
- powder coating;
- ergonomic handles;
- adjustment of distance between blades and effort is supported when you press.
- paint quickly gets stuck on the cutting part;
- high nuts and bolts increase the dimensions of the headband;
- there is little lubrication from the factory – you need to service yourself.
Zubr 23313-045 450 mm
In the last place of the rating is another domestic product. it compact model with a length of 45 cm, belonging to the category semi-professional tool. Sponges made of chromium-molybdenum steel, and then subjected to induction hardening. They do not have a degree of pressure control, but the eccentric allows adjust blade density. Keeping them especially comfortable for account of massive rubber covers on the handles, which most like users in reviews. Some even manage to work with them. with one hand, pressing the lever to the body. With such a tool, bite non-hardened metal with a cross section of 0.8 cm and hardened steel up to 0.6 cm
We recommend these scissors in the ranking as practical when periodic work in the courtyard of a private house. With their help it’s faster to put up the fence, pull the fence out of the net, to mount a frame for weaving grapes, etc. Price for scissors also one of the most attractive in the category.
- weight 1.5 kg;
- compact dimensions;
- Warranty from the manufacturer for 60 months;
- convenient overlays for handles with holes for the lace.
- no force regulator;
- only suitable for small wire diameters (0.6 and 0.8 cm).
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.