Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Every house can transform in seconds after the appearance in it of a lush green plant. But there are so many of them that it’s very difficult at times to make a choice. Our experts have selected for you the best advice and rating of the most suitable plants for at home.
- How to choose indoor plants
- Rating of the best indoor plants
- Ficus Benjamin
- Laurel Noble
- Orange tree
- Rhododendron Sims
How to choose indoor plants
Below are some helpful tips for choosing a home. flower:
- Do not buy plants that have stood for a long time in the open. They are often offered at a discount, but upon arrival home they may die quickly.
- Choosing onions should carefully examine them. They have to be hard without sprouts and holes.
- In winter, plants must be in plastic packaging or be wrapped for protection.
- Soft leaves, the space between the composts, the sticking roots – All this should alert you and dissuade you from buying.
- Before buying, be sure to consult in detail with florist to care for the plant. This will prevent unnecessary purchase, because the flower may simply not suit you according to the regime of life.
- Find out if a plant is prone to allergies and test all households on its availability. Often the most beautiful flowers are unsafe for people.
- Do not overload the room with a lot of flowers. They have some effect on each other and on the person.
Rating of the best indoor plants
|12 best indoor plants||1||Aglaonema||5.0|
Large unique foliage will become an adornment of any home. Aglaonema kills streptococcal infection and for these properties our experts included her in the rating of the best indoor plants. Plant fills the air with aeroins, which helps to improve the overall state, performance and reduction of nervous stress.
The flower should only be worn with gloves so as not to get skin burns. The bright color attracts the eyes of children, therefore it’s better to put Aglaonem as high and further away as possible. The stalks the flowers grow up, and small flowers gather in inflorescences. Color The flower is represented by many options: from classic green to motley red flowers (in bred hybrids). Flower growers love plant for its elegance.
- beautiful spotted color;
- eliminates depression;
- purifies the air;
- does not die in low light.
- poisonous juice irritates the mucous membrane.
Ficus Benjamin is included in our rating of the best indoor plants due to its beautiful appearance and absolute simplicity care. We consider it the best choice for those who do not want to give a lot of attention to home flowers.
The preferred temperature range for the flower is 20-25 ° C. At low temperatures, ficus begins to massively lose leaves. IN the heating season is not recommended to be placed near the heating appliances to avoid drying out foliage. According to customer reviews ficus has a beneficial effect on the emotional state and is excellent complements the home environment. The best watering time is after drying of the top layer.
- not demanding in care;
- grows rapidly (+ 10-15 cm in 3 months);
- a large number of varieties;
- saturates the air with useful substances;
- healing properties of juice.
- does not tolerate cold;
- difficult to treat.
The plant is a family of aroid. His homeland is South America. The stem of the flower is missing. Root instead leaves grow directly from the soil in the form of a bunch. Spathiphyllum feels great and actively grows at a temperature not higher 23 ° C, and needs high humidity. Its leaves can reach 1.1 meters in length.
In our rating of the best indoor plants, the flower fell for incredible beauty and durability with good care. Users note that it is often chosen as a gift or home plants.
- beautiful inflorescence in the form of an ears;
- luxurious long leaves;
- unpretentious to fertilizers;
- creates a festive decor;
- blooms from March to September;
- natural air purifier;
- not demanding on lighting.
- sensitive to drafts;
- attractive to pests.
Indoor tree patiently treats different types of soils, but Demanding on the constant presence of sufficient moisture. Outwardly it reminds a dense deciduous bush of saturated green color. All parts of the plant contain laurel essential oil. Winter laurel The noble one needs coolness, and needs bright lighting all year round. It perfectly tolerates direct sunlight.
The tree was rated among the best indoor plants for useful properties. Its owners can not only admire the beauty leaves, but also independently prepare fragrant spice in home conditions. Home growers report many diseases, from which heals a simple infusion of bay leaves.
- not picky about soils;
- tolerates the absence of light;
- disinfectant properties;
- improves appetite;
- normalizes digestion;
- calms the nervous system.
- not found.
The plant is divided into three types: tuberous, bush, leafy. The first became the most popular among flower growers. It was she selected in the ranking of the best indoor plants for unprecedented beauty and an abundance of flowers. Begonia is demanding regular watering soft water. The soil should be moderate. The flower does not like dryness, but does not tolerate excessive moisture. Optimum temperature for active growth of 15 ° C.
Water on the leaves provokes the appearance of white spots, therefore it should be avoided. Reviews of people indicate the presence of begonia in almost every home, which confirms its popularity. She pleases eye and recalls the warmth of the tropics.
- beautiful color of leaves;
- flowers up to 20-25 cm in diameter;
- does not need frequent transplants;
- lush leaves and flowers.
- does not tolerate drafts and direct rays of the sun;
- easily affected by mold;
- water should not fall on the leaves.
The birthplace of the plant is the Canary Islands, so it is in great need warm (15-25 ° C). Let the leaves breathe periodically, putting them under the shower. Dracaena actively grows in the winter. In it time she needs regular feeding 1-2 times a month. Should remember that she does not tolerate fluoride.
Dracaena is included in our rating of the best indoor plants thanks to incredibly voluminous green leaves and healthy juice. He strengthens the immune system and heart, is part of many medicinal infusions.
- unpretentious in leaving;
- transplantation once every 2 years;
- purifies the air;
- calms the nervous system;
- flower juice eliminates diarrhea;
- treats skin diseases.
- requires a lot of spraying.
Scheffler selected by our experts in the ranking of the best indoor plants for plentiful green foliage that will decorate any an apartment. Homeland plants – rainforests in Australia and South-East Asia. Therefore, at home, it prefers sunny side and sufficient humidity. Spraying leaves – an integral part of good care.
Sheffler leaves resemble an umbrella. Inflorescences in an apartment are not appear. You can see them in the botanical garden. Flower leaves are not only green, but also with a colorful color. If you land in a pot of several small bushes at once – a single plant with a strong trunk. Buyers are often satisfied decorative foliage plant.
- quickly resuscitates;
- graceful leaves;
- easy to clean;
- grows in bright and dark places.
- does not bloom at home.
The plant is divided into two types: low compact bushes with rich flowering and tall bushes with less abundant flowering. Pelargonium flowers are double and semi-double. Flower characterized by a fast growth rate, resistance to drought, low exacting care. For an excellent combination of properties Pelargonium was selected by our experts in the ranking of the best indoor plants.
At home, she immediately catches the eye thanks to beautiful petals of different colors: white, pink, red, purple etc. The peculiarity of pelargonium is that absolutely any the representative of this genus is not whimsical in attention and pleases long beautiful flowering.
- unpretentious and elegant;
- healing properties;
- bright flowers;
- variety of color;
- compact size.
- not found.
The optimal location for the tree is southeast windows. The photophilous plant tolerates direct sunlight. Beautiful flowering is only possible while maintaining the right temperature conditions: 15-18 ° C. In spring and summer, the tree is especially Needs frequent and plentiful watering. All year long recommend spraying leaves once a day.
Orange tree made it into our ranking of the best indoor plants for its beneficial properties and beautiful appearance. Experts believe that it can decorate every home. Holders of the tropical Plants like its wonderful aroma.
- vitamin fruits;
- pleasant aroma;
- beautiful appearance;
- stands out with bright fruits.
- needs regular treatment from spider mites.
The plant is able to grow up to 90 cm in height. Its bloom starts in February and ends in December. Main Hybrid flower forms, which are largely vary in size, leaf shape and color. We chose Anthurium rated the best indoor plants for its natural magnetism. A tropical plant loves moisture and plenty of light. For good growth, the temperature regime of its environment should not fall below 18 ° C.
We believe that it is best for decorating office premises, conservatories and home interiors. Buyers often make a choice in favor of the following varieties: Robino, Saxo, Minnesota, Dacota, Avento, Vitara.
- inflorescences last up to 3 weeks;
- thermophilic plant;
- easily propagated (by simple division);
- bright saturated flowers.
- does not tolerate drafts;
- sick from sudden changes in temperature;
- requires frequent spraying.
Popularly, the plant is better known as “mother-in-law’s tongue”. Graceful Sensevieria leaves grow exclusively upward. Their density makes their very strong. In our ranking of the best indoor flower plants Hit for the best effect in air purification. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of plant owners.
For the best growth Sensevieria needs a large volume potted. Its roots do not grow in depth, but in breadth. Home growers note the extraordinary beauty of the leaves of the plant. Its tips resemble small claws, making the flower elegant. We believe Sensevieria is the best indoor plant for stylish modern the interior.
- purifies the air;
- flowering in the form of delicate flowers;
- infrequent watering;
- rarely needs a transplant
- lack of light is detrimental to inflorescences.
The native land of the plant (South China) has high humidity and low temperatures. For his comfortable living in indoor conditions it is necessary to create the same environment. Bushy flower able to grow up to 13-30 cm in height. Once a week rhododendron Needs to take a bath: put a pot for 15 minutes in water so that the roots and soil are saturated with moisture.
With proper care, flowering begins in the fall and ends in the spring. Our expert flower growers have chosen rhododendron in the ranking the best indoor plants for its gentle lush flowering, which able to create a holiday and comfort in any home.
- variety of hybrid varieties;
- long flowering;
- delicate beautiful flowers.
- with a lack of light, it loses color;
- the drying up of the soil destroys it;
- demanding in care.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.