Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Porcelain stoneware is a popular artificial building material that imitates natural stone. Despite the name, it does not contain granite, but only resembles it in properties. The material is made by pressing sand, clay, chamotte, spar and pegmatite, and then the resulting mixture is fired at a temperature of 1300 degrees. This results in high-strength tiles for facades, walls within buildings and floors. In order to choose the right artificial stone for decorating different buildings and premises, it is advisable to study the rating of the best porcelain stoneware manufacturers, compiled taking into account customer reviews and the characteristics of existing products.
- Rating of the best manufacturers of porcelain stoneware
- KERAMA MARAZZI
- Ceramika konskie
Rating of the best manufacturers of porcelain stoneware
|Rating of the best manufacturers of porcelain stoneware||1||Kerranova||5.0|
We placed the domestic manufacturer of porcelain stoneware Kerranova in the first place in the rating. The company's plant is located in Samara, where the main office and showroom are located, so that customers can get acquainted with the entire collection. The halls feature stands and horizontal surfaces to help you see how the material will look after installation. The manufacturer offers porcelain stoneware with different textures: onyx, marble, wood, dolomite, cement, leather. The catalog contains products in the most popular colors: beige, black, gray, white and brown. Customers in reviews like the Madera line, which conveys the natural pattern of natural wood on stone.
Our experts have included the manufacturer in the rating of the best for several reasons. The company has types of porcelain stoneware with anti-vandal properties – writing on them with a permanent marker can be easily removed with a dampened napkin. It is practical for galleries, schools and supermarkets. The manufacturer also has an interesting Pale Wood collection that combines concrete and wood. The tiles in light colors imitate a flooded concrete floor and bleached wood, which perfectly conveys the Loft style.
- there are several showrooms in Russia (Samara and Moscow), where you can watch the entire collection live;
- new collections of porcelain stoneware come out regularly;
- a large selection of porcelain stoneware sizes from 15×15 to 20×120 cm;
- the surface is filled with a compound that prevents the penetration of dirt into the pores;
- rulers with different abrasion properties, for places with high and low traffic.
- there is no toll-free number for customer calls;
- weak technical support;
- tiles with a length of 600-1200 mm must not be laid with an offset of 50%.
The second place in the ranking belongs to Meissen Keramik, a subsidiary brand of Cersanit. The enterprise was built in 1863 in the city of Meissen, as there was a clay deposit nearby – the basis for production. At first, the factory made porcelain, but then it was retrained to modern trends. In 2015, the products became available in Russia, where a subsidiary was opened. The Europeans control production and quality three times. The catalog contains a large selection of lines: Bosco Verticale with a trendy tropical print, Arego Touch with sandy and earthy shades, Ocean Romance, reminiscent of sea waves and lacy surf foam. The masters in the reviews report that the tiles are heavy and solid, they are cut clearly, without chips. We have placed the manufacturer in the rating due to the presence of the Vivid Colors collection. This is an unusual 3D tile with a pattern of wide leaves. High glossy surface and three-dimensional image make the picture deep and natural. It is the perfect solution for decorating a living room, bathroom or other space. Ceramic tiles dimensions 25×75 cm provide fast installation.
- strict quality control at all stages;
- wide range / large selection of colors and textures;
- indelible drawing;
- the thickness of porcelain stoneware is stable regardless of the batch;
- good value for money;
- high quality materials of production.
- you will have to pay an appropriate price for quality;
- available only in official distributor stores.
The third place in the ranking is occupied by a domestic manufacturer, whose modern plant is located in the city of Orel. The enterprise has been operating since 1988 and in 30 years has managed to become a leading European brand. The name in the Italian style was not chosen by chance – the company works closely with design studios in this country, therefore, porcelain stoneware design often conveys impulsive and hot notes. Recent collections contain especially many traditional ornaments and ethnic motives. Production is also carried out on Italian state-of-the-art Continua + plants, which helps to reduce scrap. Customers in the reviews especially praise the product from the professional series with increased performance, made with Dry Digital technology.
Our experts put the manufacturer in the rating because he has a wide range of porcelain stoneware products. The company's catalog contains more than 3000 articles of tiles, mosaics and decorative details. The brand also produces porcelain stoneware in Maxi-format 120×240 cm, which provides quick finishing of buildings using a ventilated facade system.
- production of porcelain stoneware using Italian equipment;
- cooperation with European design studios;
- there is a catalog of finished projects;
- various texture;
- there is large size porcelain stoneware tiles 120×240 cm.
- there are differences in size;
- high price;
- increased fragility of tiles;
- difficult to cut.
Our rating is continued by a manufacturer from Turkey, which is quite firmly entrenched in the domestic construction market. The company has existed for about 30 years and produces porcelain stoneware for exterior and interior decoration of buildings. Customers in reviews praise the polished tile, because despite its high smoothness, it retains increased grip on the sole, which combines the beauty of the finish and safety. The Turkish manufacturer also surprised everyone with his Dry Lux collection, which combines four types of surface treatment at once: structuring, lapping, polishing and creating a matte layer. This gives an exclusive design and helps to create unexpected design solutions.
We included the manufacturer in the rating for two more reasons. Firstly, it has a large 120×240 cm tile, which is practical for accelerated finishing of facades or floors over a large area. Secondly, among the products there is a unique type of porcelain stoneware with marble imitation. This makes the surface look richer and increases the strength of the product.
- 11 large collections;
- constant new developments;
- there are tiles for marble, concrete, wood and stone;
- frost resistance and durability of external porcelain stoneware for ventilated facades.
- high cost of individual items;
- there is a variance;
- you need to choose carefully in the store, as there may be chips when shipping from Turkey.
The fifth place in the rating belongs to the Hexagon brand, which was developed by ATEM in 2003. The manufacturer purchased Italian equipment Sacmi and produces up to 22 million square meters of porcelain stoneware per year. In addition to decorative wall materials, the company offers curbs and decors. There are collectibles, ceramic panels and mosaics. Buyers in the reviews note that this manufacturer has good tiles for clinker bricks. In total, the company's designers have developed up to 300 collections, including 800 color shades. A separate category is porcelain stoneware in the form of hand-made panels, where more than 50 options are presented.
Our experts liked the manufacturer for the large selection of hexagonal porcelain stoneware tiles, for which it was included in the rating of the best. This form of finish allows you to create an interesting design that stands out from the usual rectangular shapes. It is worth choosing porcelain stoneware from this company for laying in bathrooms, pools and toilets.
- the catalog contains up to 30 standard sizes (large, medium and small tiles);
- there is porcelain stoneware for all surfaces (floor, walls, exterior cladding of the building);
- there are textured types, matte, smooth, with imitation of the skin;
- wide price range from economy to premium.
- you cannot buy tiles by the piece – only a multiple of a package with 11 units inside;
- a small selection of standard sizes of technical porcelain stoneware.
In sixth place in the ranking is the Italon brand, owned by the Italian company Concorde, a leading manufacturer of porcelain stoneware. The manufacturer built one of its factories in Russia, which made Italian ceramics more accessible to the Russian consumer. In terms of design, the company adheres to an uncommon style characteristic of the Italian aesthetics. In Stupino, there is a renewed exhibition hall with an area of 400 m², where buyers can personally get acquainted with the products. Unlike other brands in the ranking, Italon develops the concept of a One Whole, providing ready-made solutions for decorating rooms in a general style. This helps to better navigate and find the finish of your preference, for which the manufacturer is praised in the reviews.
We added the company to the rating, since it is the leader in the number of new collections produced. In 2019 alone, the manufacturer presented four lines of porcelain stoneware, including: Floor Project with small flowers, Millennium with delicate stains on a beige background, Loft with smooth horizontal lines, and Surface, imitating black polished marble.
- there are hexagonal and quadrangular options;
- a large selection of decor for porcelain stoneware (plinths, edging, slats);
- rare standard sizes – 7×7 cm;
- products are LEED certified.
- only one showroom in the country;
- outdoor porcelain stoneware has a thickness of 2 cm, while other manufacturers have 3 cm.
The seventh in the ranking is a domestic manufacturer with a plant in Noginsk. The company was founded in 2001 and now produces up to 6 million m² of porcelain stoneware per year. The products have three main areas: Marni, Premier and Standart. In 2006 the company confidently mastered the production of rectified porcelain stoneware, which until that time was the prerogative of only foreign corporations. The use of a coarse fraction made it possible to increase the accuracy of the shape and conformity to the caliber. Now, among the products of this brand, you can find both a variety of technical finishing materials (for floors in shops, corridors, workshops), and author's collections for private interiors.
We included the manufacturer in the rating due to the use of advanced technology when creating a pattern on the surface of porcelain stoneware. In addition to common goods for technical purposes, the company offers digital porcelain stoneware with a deep and three-dimensional pattern. This makes decorative elements more expressive and clear. Another new technology contributes to the increased naturalness of the texture of stone or other materials.
- charming design;
- there are goods for any areas of operation;
- high hardness of porcelain stoneware;
- variety of colors.
- there is a curve geometry – there is no even angle;
- there is a tile with a broken plane (screw);
- sometimes it is more difficult to grout the joints to get a smooth surface;
- difficult to cut.
The eighth position of the rating belongs to the manufacturer from Valencia. The Spanish brand produces fairly high-quality products at an affordable price, so it has a lot of positive reviews. The company's designers try to follow fashion trends and regularly develop new collections. Recent editions include Venis Mirage with marble veins and Baltimore, which imitates natural wood. The manufacturer's products are designed for indoor and outdoor installation; there is a large selection of porcelain stoneware for the kitchen and bathroom. Buyers in reviews praise products without bevels, which allows you to quickly install tiles without creating uniform gaps for seams.
We added the company to the rating because of the largest assortment. Unlike other TOP-12 participants, this manufacturer offers up to 5000 items of porcelain stoneware products. Those who want to find something unusual should definitely start their selection in the Keraben catalog. For example, the Vendome collection contains hexagonal tiles measuring 32×37 cm, which have a pattern with six triangles inside. It is complex, creative and beautiful.
- excellent price for imported products;
- the surface is easy to clean from dust;
- not difficult to cut;
- clear geometry is maintained;
- there is porcelain stoneware without chamfers for quick installation.
- the official website is in Spanish only;
- increased fragility – beats during transportation and laying;
- purchased on order and you have to wait.
In ninth place is a manufacturer from India. The Ikeramix company is already well known in Russia and the CIS due to the affordable price of porcelain stoneware and a wide selection of textures. The brand's designers now offer the following lines: Alaska with imitation of cold strokes on a light background, Canyon with a rock pattern, Perlite with coffee veins for a gem effect. For finishing floors in shops, hospitals and halls of other institutions, the simple See Breeze direction in gray tones has been developed, the surface of which is easy to maintain. Tiles are available in shape with or without bevelling to create a seam and seamless finish.
The manufacturer of porcelain stoneware was included in the rating due to the development of exclusive tile designs in the Tornado series. This collection features a scuffed effect on the stone structure, which is both stylish and enhances the natural texture. Users in the reviews note that this line contains many color options from beige to dark brown, making it easier to select the finishes for the interior of the room.
- high quality printing of the picture;
- strict adherence to geometry;
- the surface has a wear factor of PFI 4;
- relatively affordable price.
- on dark porcelain stoneware, it is more difficult to make invisible seams;
- the Total collection has a very slippery surface;
- not very many collections.
The rating is continued by a Polish manufacturer that produces porcelain stoneware on Italian equipment. In terms of the number of collections, the company is inferior to more eminent brands, but the catalog contains a number of popular lines that will suit most tasks. For example, the Amsterdam series looks great in the kitchen. Light colors can be alternated with décor specially designed for themed decoration (images of dishes, food and kitchen furniture). The line called Italia has embossed stripes and can be complemented by a frieze with small flowers, which is important for bathrooms and toilets. The manufacturer focuses on the narrow shapes of the tiles 20×60 and 20×90 mm, and this simplifies installation and does not require frequent undercuts.
This manufacturer is included in the rating because of the large number of positive reviews from the craftsmen, who note the high strength of porcelain stoneware and at the same time easy cutting on the machine. An ordinary tile cutter will be able to cut both longitudinal and diagonal of the workpiece. It is not difficult to cut round holes for sockets in such material.
- affordable price;
- durable tiles even with a thickness of 3 mm;
- within each series there are several color options to create your own style;
- enough frieze and decor to decorate the perimeter beautifully;
- the plate is well cut.
- there is a mismatch in the size of the decor;
- There is color difference from different batches;
- there are irregularities on the back side, which spoils the uniformity of the seam.
The penultimate place in our rating is given to the manufacturer Grasaro. Despite the sonorous Spanish name, the brand belongs to the domestic plant 'Samara Stroyfarfor', which since 2002 decided to retrain to produce porcelain stoneware. But the Italians nevertheless put their hand to the products, participating in the development of one of the City Style lines. In this collaboration, the 'Monocolor' technology was implemented, which makes the tiles universal in use for various types of premises. The company has its own polishing line, which is why the products include the Marno series in marble imitation and Travertino, which reproduces the pattern of natural travertine. Buyers in reviews praise the company for the availability of popular tile sizes of 30×30, 40×40 and 60×60 cm. Recently, the manufacturer introduced another standard size 120×60 cm, suitable for quickly filling a large area.
We have rated the manufacturer for the variety of extravagant designs offered. In the catalog you can pick up rare types of porcelain stoneware with imitation of satin (fabric texture), volcanic stone, natural veneer or sand stone.
- affordable price;
- rare types of patterns and textures;
- a wide range of dimensions;
- there is polished and glazed porcelain stoneware;
- the production involved digital printing on VivaJet equipment.
- it is difficult to peel off the protective wax (applied for transportation so that the tile does not break);
- few options for the street (more for indoor use);
- in sunlight, streaks are visible on some surfaces.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.