Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The hydraulic accumulator is a water storage tank, which is equipped with a rubber membrane surrounded by compressed air. The design performs four functions at once: it provides water supply in case of a shutdown of the central supply or a pump breakdown, protects subsequent wiring and fittings from water hammer, reduces the frequency of pump operation, maintains a stable pressure in the system. Let's consider how to choose such a device and take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of the most popular models. This will help you make your choice and not regret the money spent.
- How to choose a hydraulic accumulator for water supply
- Rating of the best accumulators for water supply
- Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 50-200 liters
- Reflex DE 200 200 l vertical installation
- Wester WAV 100 100 l vertical installation
- STOUT STW-0003-000080 80 l horizontal installation
- JILEX Crab-T 50 50 l vertical installation
- UNIPUMP 86832 50 l horizontal installation
- WWQ GA 50H 50 l horizontal installation
- Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 8-25 liters
- Reflex DE 25 25 l vertical installation
- Wester WAO 24 24 l horizontal installation
- WWQ GA 24H 24 l horizontal installation
- STOUT STW-0001-100020 20 l horizontal installation
- Reflex DE 8 8 l vertical installation
How to choose a hydraulic accumulator for water supply
When choosing a hydraulic accumulator, they often pay attention to the price and reviews, but it is important to understand the main characteristics of the product. Here are the key points that deserve your attention:
- Membrane type. It is a working element that expands from the incoming fluid and provides subsequent pressure in the water supply system after the pump is turned off. The membrane can be in the form of a rubber baffle in the middle of the tank (water fills the tank about 50%). In this case, the liquid comes into contact with the metal and corrosion is possible. Replacing the membrane is difficult and costly. The second type is balloon (about 70-80% filled). A rubber bulb is installed inside the tank. Liquid contact with metal is excluded. You can replace the elastic element with your own hands.
- Installation method. Hydroaccumulators are vertical and horizontal. Here the choice depends on the characteristics of the room where the device will be used. The horizontal tank can be installed under the ceiling to save space, or on the basement / attic floor. The vertical one fits well into the corner of the boiler room or bathroom.
- Tank volume. Hydraulic accumulators for water supply are 8-200 liters. Naturally, a larger stock gives increased autonomy in the event of a disconnection of the central water supply, but then enough space is needed for its placement. The volume is selected based on the number of users and pump performance. For 3 consumers, 20-24 liters is enough (when pumping 1.5-2 m³ / h). For 4-6 people, buy a 50 l pressure tank (for such conditions, you will need a pump with a capacity of 3.5 m³ / h). Tanks of 100 liters or more are used when consumers are from 10 people. To provide the container with the required pressure, you will need a pump with a capacity of 5 m³ / h.
Rating of the best accumulators for water supply
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 50-200 liters||1||Reflex DE 200 200 l||RUB 8,663|
|2||Wester WAV 100 100 l||RUB 5 403|
|3||STOUT STW-0003-000080 80 l||RUB 3,908|
|4||JILEX Crab-T 50||RUB 5,004|
|5||UNIPUMP 86832 50 l||RUB 6,000|
|6||WWQ GA 50H 50 l||RUB 3,101|
|Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 8-25 liters||1||Reflex DE 25||RUB 2 135|
|2||Wester WAO 24||RUB 970|
|3||WWQ GA 24H 24 l||RUB 1,474|
|4||STOUT STW-0001-100020 20 l||1 211 rub.|
|5||Reflex DE 8||RUB 1,450|
Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 50-200 liters
Knowing the main criteria for choosing a hydraulic accumulator, let's move on to the list of the best models. The experts compiled a review based on an analysis of product characteristics and customer reviews. First, consider water receivers with a capacity of 50-200 liters, which is important for a family of 4-6 people or even a small multi-storey building.
Reflex DE 200 200 l vertical installation
In the first place is the accumulator from the Reflex brand. The structure is made of carbon steel with a single welded seam in the middle. It is welded both outside and inside, which increases the reliability and tightness of the hydraulic accumulator. The dimensions of the case are 634×967 mm. The tank holds 200 liters. The expansion tank has a vertical installation on three legs made of metal corners. The vessel stands firmly and does not wobble. Judging by user reviews, the stand is high enough to conveniently connect the water supply from below. 5/4 ”inlet and outlet threads require no adapters. The metal of the barrel is painted on both sides with an epoxy coating that inhibits corrosion. The rubber baffle can withstand temperatures from 0 to 99 degrees, so the accumulator is suitable for both hot and cold water supply.
We put the product in the first place due to the huge liquid capacity – 200 liters. This is enough to supply water to a two-story cottage, apartment building or fire extinguishing system in an office building.
- is stable on three legs;
- withstands pressure up to 10 bar;
- replaceable membrane;
- metal is painted on both sides.
- it is difficult to find a place for large dimensions;
- high price;
- weighs 54 kg – it will not be possible to deliver and mount alone;
- be sure to need stands under the legs, otherwise they push through the floor (linoleum, laminate).
Wester WAV 100 100 l vertical installation
In second place is the Wester hydroaccumulator. The model has a capacity of 100 liters and is installed horizontally on three legs. The connection of the subsequent decoupling of the water supply is carried out from below through a threaded connection with a diameter of 1 inch. The dimensions of the device are 787×495 mm. Inside, a membrane in the form of a partition is used, but the manufacturer made it in a closed type, so the lower part of the vessel is completely protected from contact with water, which customers like in reviews. The hydraulic accumulator can withstand a pressure of 10 bar and temperatures up to 100 degrees. The goods are manufactured directly in Russia. Delivery and installation can be done on your own, since the device weighs 17 kg.
This accumulator is recognized as the best for a stable base. Unlike the previous model, the three supports are welded here not exactly under the bottom (90 degrees relative to the body), but with a slope of 45 degrees, which provides better resistance to accidental shocks. The legs themselves have a profile structure rather than a corner shape, which increases resistance to deformation under load.
- the expansion vessel is designed for 100,000 filling and emptying cycles;
- the rubber baffle can be replaced;
- the supply temperature from the water supply system is allowed 1-100 degrees;
- solid steel body.
- if the liquid in the rubber bag freezes, the tightness may be compromised;
- there is no pressure gauge to control the pressure.
STOUT STW-0003-000080 80 l horizontal installation
The third place of honor is taken by an expansion tank for water supply of private houses, summer cottages or apartments, from the Stout brand. The tank holds 80 liters and is able to cover the needs of 6-8 people. The goods are accompanied by European quality certificates. Four metal support legs are provided for horizontal installation. The vessel can withstand a pressure of 10 bar and a maximum temperature of up to 100 degrees. It is convenient to connect the communications of the water supply system thanks to the side supply. Users in the reviews note a stable pressure in the water supply system without pops or changes in pressure.
This model is convenient for organizing the water supply of a large house in one device. On the body there is a platform with holes for installing a water pump. Elongated slots, rather than round holes, allow you to attach a pump from different manufacturers and easily replace the pump in the future (if a more powerful version is needed). The legs of the base also have holes for fixing the accumulator to the floor so that it does not “jump” from vibration.
- there is a removable flange for maintenance and repair;
- holes are provided in the legs for fixing the accumulator to the floor;
- stable pressure inside the water supply;
- high quality powder coating.
- sold without a pressure gauge;
- a separate valve with elbow must be provided for bleeding air.
JILEX Crab-T 50 50 l vertical installation
The review continues with a hydraulic accumulator from the domestic brand “Dzhileks”. The water supply model assumes vertical wall installation with brackets. The dimensions of the product are 620x460x320 mm and the device weighs 10 kg. The vessel holds 50 liters and is able to cover the needs of 5-6 people. The body is made of metal and can withstand pressures up to 8 bar. The product is equipped with a pressure gauge to monitor the state of the pressure.
This accumulator is recognized by us as the best because of the sale with a built-in pressure control switch. The pump automatically starts from it when the indicator in the water supply system of the house drops. The set includes a wire and a plug for connection. There is also a flask with a filter cartridge, so the water leaving the accumulator has already undergone primary cleaning, and, therefore, subsequent filters will last longer. To control the interval for replacing the cartridge, the manufacturer has provided a platform with a date and a slider.
- has its own pressure gauge;
- weight of 10 kg allows installation by one person;
- robust butyl rubber membrane;
- relay included.
- electricity is needed to work;
- short cable 80 cm;
- for wall mounting, holes must be drilled to the brackets;
- the lower flask can be accidentally smashed by a heavy object (chair, poker).
UNIPUMP 86832 50 l horizontal installation
The model has a capacity of 50 liters and is installed horizontally. The product does not have high legs, but only two plates welded to the bottom, which reduces the dimensions of the case. The accumulator has dimensions of 330×355 mm and can withstand pressure up to 6 bar. The side flange is convenient for product maintenance and repair. The connection to the pump and the wiring of the water supply system are also carried out from the side. Standard 1 ”threads do not require adapters. Customer reviews show that the accumulator works properly for up to 10 years.
The feature of this accumulator is a stainless steel case. Thanks to this design, the tank will last longer without leaks. The lack of paint on the outside helps to maintain an attractive appearance, as nothing will fall off if accidentally hitting the metal. The product is relevant for installation in the attic or above the ceiling (false ceiling in a room with ceilings of 3-3.5 m), where the reliability of the system is important and it is inconvenient to carry out minor repairs (sealing a leak).
- beautiful appearance;
- there is no paint, so nothing will come off over time;
- there is a platform for the pump;
- convenient connection to the wiring.
- no pressure gauge;
- if other objects often rub against the surface of the accumulator, then it is scratched.
WWQ GA 50H 50 l horizontal installation
The hydraulic accumulator is made in China, but its quality is in no way inferior to domestic ones. The model is designed for organizing water supply used for drinking and cooking. The rubber elements are designed to withstand temperatures from 1 to 99 degrees. Product dimensions are 330×500 mm. The manufacturer issues a 12 month warranty on it. The water reservoir is connected from the side by connecting a union nut with a diameter of 25 mm. In the reviews, buyers praise the expansion tank for the high-quality welds that connect the two halves of the tank, the platform for the pump and stands.
A special feature of the product is the increased cross-section of the metal walls, which is rare in models with a volume of 50 liters. Thanks to this, the accumulator withstands a pressure of 10 bar (competitors 6-8 bar) and can be used in the water supply of a two-story house, when placed on the ground floor.
- stainless steel service flange;
- compact dimensions 330×500 mm;
- attractive price;
- high quality welding.
- not in every city you can buy;
- the relay and pressure gauge will have to be purchased separately.
Review of the best hydraulic accumulators for water supply with a volume of 8-25 liters
This is a compact category of water supply equipment that does not require a lot of installation space and is suitable for 1-3 users.
Reflex DE 25 25 l vertical installation
In the first place in this category is a water receiver from the Reflex brand with a volume of 25 liters. The model has dimensions of 280×520 mm and assumes vertical installation on the wall. The tank is welded from two halves, with the weld seam applied both from the top and from the inside. The junction from the further water supply system is connected from below. 3/4 connection diameter suitable for use without adapters. In the reviews, buyers share that it will not be difficult to install a hydraulic accumulator alone. The non-flowing design reliably protects against water hammer inside, so the water supply will not flow at the connections.
Our experts considered the accumulator to be the best because of its easy accessibility to purchase. More than 20 online stores offer to buy it on Yandex-Market alone. A model for water supply is also being implemented in offline stores, as well as at the official representative of the brand in Russia.
- compact dimensions 280×520 mm;
- easy installation;
- reliable protection of water supply communications from water hammer;
- high quality powder coating.
- you will need a mounting bracket;
- no pressure gauge.
Wester WAO 24 24 l horizontal installation
The second place among compact accumulators is taken by a product from Wester for 24 liters. The dimensions of the case are 280×507 mm. The device is installed horizontally on its own four legs. They can be screwed to the floor or simply placed on the surface. The container is made of carbon steel and equipped with powder coating. The owners in the reviews are satisfied with the high-quality painting of the metal, which will not peel off from operation in a damp room (a covered pit next to the well). The hydraulic tank is suitable for water supply or domestic hot water systems.
The experts considered the accumulator to be the best because of the special membrane made of butyl. This material is characterized by increased wear resistance with regular stretching and is not susceptible to various bacteria that may be contained in well water or central city water supply. At the same time, the elastic material meets all hygienic and sanitary standards for goods used for the transmission of drinking water.
- stainless steel service flange;
- there is a platform for installing the pump;
- stable legs;
- compact dimensions 280×507 mm.
- the actual liquid volume is only 30% of the cylinder capacity;
- there is no built-in rubber pad holder to provide support with increasing pressure.
WWQ GA 24H 24 l horizontal installation
The review continues with a hydraulic accumulator from the Chinese brand WWQ. The model has dimensions of 270×430 mm and holds 24 liters. But this is the maximum volume of the tank, but in fact it is only half filled or less, so in the reviews the owners share that the pump will often turn on. The water receiver has a horizontal cylindrical shape and is installed on two welded stands. All connections are made from the side, which allows the barrel to be mounted directly on the floor without gaps and elevations. The rubber membrane is designed for a hot coolant up to 99 degrees, so the hydraulic tank can be used not only in cold water supply, but also in hot water supply.
In our opinion, the accumulator is the best in terms of durability. Despite the small capacity, the metal section of the cylinder exceeds that of competitors' models, so the vessel can easily withstand 10 bar. It is good to combine a hydraulic tank with powerful pumps, for example, if the aquifer lies at a depth of 10-20 m.
- high-quality welding of fasteners and containers;
- stainless flange;
- easy connection from the side;
- withstands pressures up to 10 bar.
- not everywhere you can buy;
- with regular use of taps, the pump is often turned on.
STOUT STW-0001-100020 20 l horizontal installation
This is an even more compact accumulator than all the previous ones – it has dimensions of 275×492 mm and holds 20 liters. The drive is connected to the water supply wiring by means of a 1-inch thread. The product weighs 4.5 kg, so it is not at all difficult to connect it yourself. Customer reviews show that the product is made with high quality and contributes to the stable operation of the water supply. But due to the small storage volume, it is suitable for a small family of 3 people. The metal container is painted with enamel using the technology of baking in an electric chamber at a temperature of 170 degrees, which provides a durable outer paint layer.
When studying the characteristics, our experts paid attention to the minimum air supply. One of the chambers, which is an air cushion, creates an onslaught with an impact of 1.5 bar. The design for the accumulation of liquid is designed to fill with water as much as possible and to divert air bubbles into the sump. This will prevent the water jet from snorting when you turn on the tap in the sink.
- takes up little space;
- easy to install by yourself;
- small price;
- outside covered with enamel, baked at 170 degrees.
- the pump turns on frequently;
- only applicable for 2-3 users.
Reflex DE 8 8 l vertical installation
This accumulator is the smallest among the models presented. It is suitable for protecting communications and water supply fittings from hydraulic shocks in small private houses, summer cottages or greenhouse irrigation systems. If the light is turned off (the pump does not pump liquid), a small supply is enough to wash your hands or dishes. A 3/4 '' thread is provided for bottom connection. Buyers in the reviews are satisfied with the low cost of the goods, despite the import production.
Experts considered the accumulator to be the best due to the thoughtful protection of the metal from corrosion. The manufacturer used a pear-shaped rubber element in it, which completely envelops the inner cavity. This excludes contact of the incoming liquid with iron. This accumulator will last longer without leaks. The manufacturer also allows the use of the unit in the brine circulation circuits, since the container not only withstands the effects of water, but also a more aggressive acidic environment.
- takes up little space;
- high quality painted;
- can be used for drinking water;
- high resistance to corrosion.
- for one user only;
- you will need to attach it to the wall.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.