Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Having conceived a repair or construction, buyers turn to construction stores for various materials. In addition to small retail outlets, there are large sites with construction warehouses throughout the country. Here is a rating of the best stores selling building materials, which is compiled on the basis of a study of their activities and range. When building the TOP-11, we took into account customer reviews, so it will be easier for you to choose a proven hypermarket not far from your home.
- Rating of the best stores of building materials
- Leroy Merlin
- Baucenter Rus
- Building yard
Rating of the best stores of building materials
|Rating of the best stores of building materials||1||Petrovich||5.0|
The hardware store, which took the first step in the rating, was founded in 1995 in St. Petersburg. It now has 19 construction centers in Russia, making it easier to select goods and deliver building materials. The range of the company includes up to 24,000 items. The catalog contains everything from wallpaper and tiles to acrylic bathtubs and entrance doors. Buyers like Petrovich in their reviews by the possibility of choosing and paying for materials in various ways: in the store, by phone, through the official website or mobile application. There is even a deferred payment for legal entities.
The 'highlight' of the home improvement store, for which it got into the rating, is the ability to return goods within 180 days from the date of purchase. This applies to any materials in packages (tiles, siding, underfloor heating, bulk mixes). According to the store management, they understand that during the repair, the processes are stretched, and it is difficult to understand in 14 days whether so many packs of glue or finishing materials are needed. The only thing that is not accepted for return is tinting paints or materials cut by meter (without packaging).
- all types of cards are accepted for payment;
- has its own application for Android and iOS;
- round-the-clock information support by phone;
- a practical construction calculator on the site;
- you can order the services of professional builders.
- there are not always free movers in the store (some bulky goods have to be brought to the car yourself);
- tools are more expensive than competitors;
- there is a jam in warehouses – you have to wait for materials in a queue.
In second place in the rating is one of the oldest companies trading in building materials, founded in 1923 in France. Today it is the largest DYN network in all of Europe. The store appeared on the Russian market in 2005 in Mytishchi. Gradually, the company began to build its outlets in most cities with a population of over one million. Customers love that the store has lower prices for tools. This is due to the purchase of products directly from suppliers at reduced prices. The company also focuses on local producers (up to 54% of the total number of goods), therefore it actively promotes economic growth. The store's catalog includes the following groups of building materials and goods: tools, plumbing, joinery, doors and windows, electrics and lighting products, floor coverings, paints, varnishes, wallpaper, bed linen, curtains.
In our opinion, the store deserves a place in the rating due to the presence of the largest retail chain in Russia and a huge assortment. Now there are 73 retail outlets in the country. The catalog of building materials has about 500,000 items. If you need a choice, then 'Leroy Merlin' provides more than others.
- ideas for the interior on the site;
- many articles with useful information;
- designs kitchens online;
- there is a return of goods within 100 days;
- own brands at more affordable prices.
- sometimes a mess on the shelves (materials are mixed);
- do not inform about changes in the order (when something is over);
- shop parcel terminals without instructions.
The third place in the rating belongs to the OBI hypermarket. The company has 28 construction warehouses operating in 14 cities of Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Bryansk, Tula, Saratov, Volgograd, etc.). The online store is actively working and it is possible to order building materials by phone. The working hours of hypermarkets are from 8:00 to 23:00, so shopping is convenient for people with different working hours (rarely, where you can buy the necessary nails or screws at 22:45). The catalog of materials contains: door frames, adhesives, sealants, lining, countertops, floorboards, stone, tiles, chipboard, profile pipes, grouting, solvents. Customers in the reviews like that while the renovation is underway, you can take your things to the store's warehouse. This allows you to temporarily keep them clean and not interfere with construction work.
The OBI store has been added to the rating because of the free service. For example, when buying paint, here you can order tinting from the catalog, which the employees will perform free of charge. If you purchase MDF panels, the store will cut them to the specified dimensions, which simplifies transportation and assembly on site. Employees will help you choose the design for the kitchen for free if they see the area of the object on the drawing. In total, the company provides 25 services.
- there are gift cards;
- you can order materials by phone;
- perform edging of carpets after cutting;
- there is a large section with tips on the official website;
- temporary storage service during repair.
- sometimes the price tag does not correspond to the product;
- there are few sellers in the hall for consultation;
- sometimes it is difficult to find a specific material in the store itself (it is on the site, but in fact not).
The fourth in the ranking of the best is the company “Saturn”. It has a network of construction stores, consisting of 47 trading floors. The shop covers 25 cities of Russia. According to the results of research by the rating agency INFOLine, the company ranks second in the country in trade in construction materials. The assortment of the hypermarket includes 28,000 items. According to statistics, up to 100,000 people make purchases in the store every day. The following groups of construction products are offered to customers: paintwork materials, sealants, foams, fasteners, tools, ventilation, plumbing, decoration, protective equipment, engineering systems. The site always displays new items, which allows you to keep abreast of the construction fashion in terms of the materials used.
Our experts have included the store in the rating of the best due to the reduced prices for the delivery of building materials. The company has a 'Single Cost Zone'. If your object is within its radius, then delivery of cargo up to 10 kg will cost 209 rubles. By car, weight up to 700 kg will be delivered during the day for 295 rubles.
- 28,000 items of building materials;
- 36,000 m² of retail space;
- regular promotions on the site;
- accept Viza, MasterCard, MIR;
- attractive loyalty program.
- not every time you get bonuses for purchases;
- long paperwork with managers;
- construction materials are not always available at the nearest point – you need to go to the central base.
Castorama is in the top five of the rating. Now it is a company from Great Britain, which appeared in 1969 in France. The construction hypermarket chain operates in Poland, Spain, Portugal, France and Russia. The first store on the domestic market was opened in 2004 in Samara, and then in St. Petersburg. Now there are 30 retail outlets in Russia. In 2018, the management announced it was closing business in a number of countries, including Russia, but building materials are still actively sold, sometimes at lower prices, which customers like in reviews.
The building materials store is included in the rating of the best because of its responsible attitude to the safety of customers. Например, не так давно компания отозвала с продажи зеркала для ванных комнат модели Cooke&Lewis, поскольку у них есть вероятность падения со стены (случаи отклеивания крепления). The aforementioned product also had regular glass shelves, not tempered glass, which increases the likelihood of breaking if dropped. This is how the store showed that customer safety is more important than its own profit.
- 30,000 product names;
- 3 million buyers every month;
- responsible attitude to safety;
- competent managers who ask technical questions that facilitate the choice;
- always a large parking lot.
- there is not always the desired color of the material in the store, although the site says 'in stock';
- employees do not know the location of the materials;
- few managers in the hall.
The sixth position in the rating belongs to the domestic company 'Baucenter Rus'. The company has been in existence for over 20 years and has 8 stores throughout the country. A feature of the company is the presence of hypermarkets in remote cities, such as Kaliningrad, Omsk, Krasnodar and Novorossiysk. The catalog contains everything you need for decoration, construction, replacement of plumbing and maintenance of the garden. Professional builders in the reviews like that the store has a separate discount card for installers, suppliers, foremen and foremen. It provides an additional discount, which is even more profitable in the framework of professional activities.
Our experts have included the store in the rating, because in addition to a wide selection of building materials, it offers tool rental. For example, for one repair in an apartment it is impractical to buy a wall chaser for 20,000 rubles, but you can rent it for a day, complete the entire amount of work and return it. Anyone who makes repairs with their own hands should pay attention to this service.
- free cutting of rolled metal (bars, pipes, sheets);
- convenient delivery service to the door;
- bonus card with accumulative system;
- shipping points work schedule from 8:00 to 22:00;
- there is a shop even in Omsk.
- delivery only on certain days of the week;
- the assortment is smaller than that of others;
- inattentive sellers.
The seventh in the ranking is the domestic company of the same name, which manages a chain of 44 stores in 14 cities of Russia. The company started its activity in 1993 and now has 2000 employees. The store has its own trademarks that make up from 1 to 65% of the range of building materials on the shelves. Buyers in the reviews like that the building materials on the official website are divided into smaller categories, which makes it easier to choose. For example, the extensive construction section has subgroups for roofing, flooring, exterior finishes, heating equipment and mixes. The site also has a construction calculator that helps to correctly calculate the required volume of siding, boards or other products.
We have added the store to the rating of the best due to special return conditions. If the client realized that he bought the wrong product, found a defect, or there was a surplus, then he can be returned to the store even without a receipt. To make a return, you need to remember the date of purchase, the name of the materials and the volume. This is enough to search for information in the database and is beneficial for those who are not used to storing receipts.
- convenient selection system on the site;
- own vehicle fleet of the logistics service;
- 44 stores in the country;
- there is a tool rental service;
- assistance in the selection of building materials.
- high cost of delivery 'Today' – from 1000 rubles;
- sometimes the wrong materials are brought;
- it can be difficult to get through.
The eighth notch of the rating is assigned to the TOP HOUSE network, which has been operating since 1996. The firm has stores in St. Petersburg (11 hypermarkets), and dealers (about 1000 points) operate throughout Russia. The catalog contains the following items: metal, ondulin, corrugated board, brick, tile, stone, thermal panels, wall blocks, piles, insulation, waterproofing, gutters, plumbing, gates, doors, windows. In addition, the store implements various systems for the purification of tap water and wastewater, which is practical for suburban construction. The company not only sells building materials, but also has its own teams for the construction of houses on several floors.
The store is included in the rating due to the availability of mobile specialists who are ready to go to the site. Employees help to select building materials, determine the dimensions and perform preliminary calculations. This is practical for those who would like to make repairs on their own, but do not know how much is needed.
- provide construction services;
- warehouse complex with an area of 15,000 m2 to maintain a full range of products;
- there are many water treatment products in place;
- affordable prices;
- no prepayment is required when ordering online.
- valid only in St. Petersburg – delivery to the regions is carried out by logistics companies;
- unorganized managers who take an order for a long time;
- weak logistics – the dates specified in the agreement are overdue.
The 'Maksidom' chain of stores entered the top nine of the rating. The company owns 15 hypermarkets in 9 cities of Russia. Most of the stores are concentrated in St. Petersburg. The average area of each hypermarket is 12,000 m². Up to 45,000 buyers come here every day for construction goods. The Yandex Market has collected almost 9000 reviews both about the store as a whole and about individual positions. The trading company actively cooperates with manufacturers from the USA, Asia, Europe and Russia. In total, the network has about 700 partners. The online store keeps up with the retail chains and doubles its sales every year.
We added the store to the rating of the best, as it has an interesting loyalty program. Buying building materials and presenting a bonus card, the client can receive a 7% discount on current positions or accumulate bonuses to pay for subsequent purchases. The two benefits can even be combined to receive a 3.5% discount and 3.5% pending bonuses. This helps you choose the right system and save money. There are about 2 million holders of the 'Maxidom' card.
- there are separate applications in the Appe Store and Google Play;
- Convenient rating for reviews, transmitted to Yandex Market;
- multi-faceted loyalty program;
- 60,000 goods;
- cooperation with 700 manufacturers.
- only 2 people work for a refund, so there is a queue;
- only the person who made the purchase can return the purchase;
- sometimes prices are overpriced.
On the tenth place of the rating is the building materials store “Economstroy”. In total, the company owns 12 construction hypermarkets in Moscow and the region. The company has been operating since 1995. A large online shopping site has been created since 2013. The company is an official dealer of such construction brands as: Litokol, Knauf, ABB, Siemens, Unis, Bonolit. The catalog contains plasterboard systems, dry mixes, partitions, lumber, electrics, paints, lighting elements, fasteners, water supply and tools. Customers in the reviews like the quality of materials for construction and the variety of options presented. Some praise the polite drivers, but say delivery is more expensive here.
The store is included in the ranking due to the presence of a department such as 'Sale'. It is available in the online store and physical outlets. Here you can buy sockets, circuit breakers and other goods with a discount of up to 30-50%. Moreover, it is not defective products that fall here, but simply ordinary materials and tools to attract a larger flow of buyers.
- convenient payment by card;
- own vehicle fleet for delivery;
- 5000 m² of exhibition space for visual acquaintance with materials;
- 55,000 m² of warehouse space;
- multichannel call center.
- valid only in the Moscow region;
- outdated pick-up confirmation system – only through a call;
- few consultants in the room.
Trading house 'Vimos' concludes our rating. The company was founded in 1992 in St. Petersburg and today has 40 stores in the Northern Capital, as well as Veliky Novgorod and Pskov. The warehouse is located on an area of 70,000 m², so construction products are kept in large stock. The store cooperates with 300 manufacturers, including: Knauf, Terka, Tikkurila, Isover, Ursa, Lode, Al-ko, Technicol, Penoplex, etc. Inside the hypermarkets themselves there are workshops for cutting glass, metal, chipboard. Here you can order sharpening of drills, chainsaws, hacksaws, which customers like in reviews. If you have recently bought a house, you will be issued with a Novosel card, which gives you a 5% discount on everything.
In our opinion, the store should have been included in the rating due to the presence of its own factory for the production of reinforced concrete products. Thanks to production, the cost of curbs, building slabs and foundation blocks is one of the most affordable here. Even at the store, the delivery of purchased materials is carried out until 21:00, which is convenient for different working hours of clients and builders.
- there is a single toll-free number;
- 50,000 names of construction products;
- warehouse area is 70,000 m²;
- 300 foreign and domestic supplier partners;
- regular promotions, sales and discounts.
- very 'tight' official site (takes a long time to load);
- not everything is available from those presented on the site;
- orders are collected at the time of receipt by the buyer.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.