Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Athletes are people who are constantly exposed to increased physical and psychological stress. Because of this, they have higher the need for vitamins and minerals, because vitamins are substances, which regulate all biochemical reactions of the body.
- Why athletes need special vitamins
- Rating of the best vitamins for athletes
- The best vitamins for male athletes
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men
- VP Laboratory Ultra Men’s Sport
- ALLMAX Nutrition, Premium Vitaform, PerformanceMultiVitamin
- Universal Nutrition Animal Pak
- The best vitamins for women athletes
- NutraBio Labs, Formula for Women MultiSport
- EVLution Nutrition, Female Multivitamin
- Optimum Nutrition, Opti-Women
- The best vitamins for athletes children
- Multi-Tab Junior
- Complies asset
- Alphabet effect
Why athletes need special vitamins
Athletes are people who demand a lot from their bodies. But and it, in turn, requires special care. Active lifestyle increases consumption not only of energy, but also of vital substances. During exercise, the need for vitamins more than doubled. If they are deficient in athletes on 7-12% reduced maximum performance, consumption oxygen, stamina, physical strength, level increases lactic acid in the blood.
Causes of increased consumption of vitamins and minerals with sports activities:
- Inadequate intake of the necessary substances with food. This is especially true for those sports in which “competitive form” is achieved including “drying” – prolonged dietary restrictions.
- Accelerated metabolism. Any reactions that provide energy metabolism, require the participation of vitamins. With increased the load increases the consumption of B vitamins. To deliver to the body enough oxygen is needed iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid, providing adequate hematopoiesis.
- Oxidative stress. Energy production processes are catabolic processes, that is, reactions that break down more complex substances to simpler ones. Thus formed as called free radicals – reactive oxygen species, damaging cell membranes. This is a normal condition of the body. and protection mechanisms against it worked out. But for adequate performance the antioxidant system needs vitamins and minerals: C, E, beta-carotene, copper, zinc, selenium, manganese.
- Loss of vitamins and minerals with sweat. Through the skin not only sodium and chlorine are excreted, but also magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin B, iron, zinc, copper.
Vitamin complexes for athletes usually do not include only, in fact, vitamins. but also minerals and other substances affecting the body.
For health and energy usually add:
- Vitamins of group B. They are involved in all processes metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, including processes, the result of which is getting energy. They regulate the work of the nervous system – here you need to be reminded that in a state which athletes know as overtraining, are not guilty only muscle fatigue, but also overload of the central nervous system.
- L is carnitine. Strictly speaking, this substance cannot be called neither vitamin nor vitamin-like, as it is synthesized in the body. But it’s included in the best vitamins for athletes, so how levocarnitine transports fatty acids to mitochondria – “energy stations” of the cell, and is involved in regulation energy metabolism. Some experiments show that it improves physical performance, endurance and delays the onset of fatigue.
- Magnesium. Participates in the process of muscle contraction, transmission of nerve impulses.
To improve recovery:
- Potassium. Like magnesium, it is responsible for the transfer muscle and nerve impulses. But also, it regulates the accumulation glycogen – “animal starch” in the form of which reserves are created glucose in the muscles and liver.
- Calcium. It is well known that muscle function contributes to bone strengthening – that’s why mature women recommend strength exercises for the prevention of osteoporosis. But so that calcium can accumulate in the bones, it must be in sufficient amount to come with food. This element is especially important for those who do not consume dairy products due to intolerance or dietary reasons.
- Vitamin D. Its most famous action is regulation. calcium metabolism in the body. It also affects activity. skeletal muscle, increases their strength and power and improves growth muscle tissue during the recovery period. According to research, before 90% of athletes have reduced vitamin D metabolites blood plasma, which indicates its deficiency.
Improving the body’s resistance. Here at first well-known antioxidants come out: vitamins C and E, selenium, beta-carotene, bioflavonoids. They protect the body from oxidative stress caused by increased physical activity improves indicators of oxygen status, support normal function the immune system.
Rating of the best vitamins for athletes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best vitamins for male athletes||1||Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men||1 080 rub.|
|2||VP Laboratory Ultra Men’s Sport||1 880 rub.|
|3||ALLMAX Nutrition, Premium Vitaform, Performance MultiVitamin||1 550 rub.|
|4||Universal Nutrition Animal Pak||2 380 rub.|
|The best vitamins for women athletes||1||NutraBio Labs, Formula for Women MultiSport||1 600 rub.|
|2||EVLution Nutrition, Female Multivitamin||2 185 rub.|
|3||Optimum Nutrition, Opti-Women||1 240 rub.|
|The best vitamins for athletes children||1||Multi-Tab Junior||224 rub|
|2||Complies asset||265 rub|
|3||Alphabet effect||295 rub|
The best vitamins for male athletes
Usually vitamin complexes for men are aimed at improving physical performance, strength endurance and muscle growth. In addition, they often add substances that improve male health.
Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men
In addition, the actual vitamins and minerals contains a complex amino acids (including valine, leucine, isoleucine, known as BCAA and able to act as additional sources of energy). The plant complexes included in the composition are aimed at providing the body with natural bioflavonoid antioxidants and maintaining the health of the male reproductive system: in this extracts of dwarf palm, pumpkin seeds act in the direction ginseng and ginkgo biloba. Antioxidants added: except vitamins C and E includes alpha lipoic acid, lutein, choline, cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin.
the vitamin content is quite high, but given that athletes need for them is at least 2 times higher, selected manufacturer’s dosages do not seem excessive.
Available in packs of 90, 150 and 240 tablets.
- high in vitamins
- health-promoting plant extracts added prostate and sexual function,
- contains antioxidants, including natural origin.
- you need to take 3 tablets per day,
- large tablets are uncomfortable to swallow,
- high price.
VP Laboratory Ultra Men’s Sport
Contains a complex of vitamins and minerals such as zinc, selenium, copper, chrome. L-Taurine, L-Methionine, L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine contribute to providing the body with energy and improve recovery. Three complexes of plant extracts included in the composition of these vitamins for athletes aimed at improving memory, prostate health, natural body supply bioflavonoid antioxidants.
It is recommended to take 2 tablets per day.
- complex vitamin composition
- contains natural antioxidants,
- contains a plant complex to improve memory,
- supports male reproductive health.
- a peculiar smell
- you need to take 2 tablets per day.
ALLMAX Nutrition, Premium Vitaform, PerformanceMultiVitamin
These vitamins are suitable for those athletes who prefer to receive everything you need from food using vitamin and mineral complexes only as support, but not as the main source of life necessary substances. its vitamin content is low in comparing with previous drugs from this section of the rating the best means, but the composition includes 3 types of plant complexes: antioxidant, to maintain male health, for maintaining cognitive functions (attention and memory), for health joints (glucosamine, chondroitin, methylsulfomethane).
- Vitamin content complies with standard medical norms, not exceeding them,
- antioxidant complex
- complex to improve attention and memory,
- complex for men’s health,
- relatively affordable price.
- 2 tablets per day
- vitamin content may be insufficient in extreme physical activity.
Universal Nutrition Animal Pak
Strictly speaking, the manufacturer of these vitamins for athletes does not indicated the gender of the potential buyer. But, considering that the complex does not contain iron, it is recommended before total, men: women, due to physiological characteristics, this the element is vital.
In addition to vitamins and minerals, the complex includes a complex amino acids that make up for 5 g of pure protein in a daily portion. Digestion enzymes and complex are also added to it. herbal antioxidants and a complex aimed at supporting liver function, including milk thistle, choline, inositol, para-aminobenzoic acid. To increase physical stamina in the complex has L-carnitine and eleutherococcus extract.
The form of the drug is different from other vitamins for athletes from this section of the ranking of the best. Instead of pills the manufacturer made the powder to be dissolved in large amount of water and take with food. Daily dose 1 – 2 sachet, depending on physical activity. It should be noted that the content of vitamins, especially water-soluble, in this product quite high, so amateur athletes limited to one bag. But even so call these vitamins economical is quite difficult.
- soluble in water, no need to swallow tablets;
- digestive enzyme complex,
- complex. conducive to recovery.
- high price.
The best vitamins for women athletes
The main difference between the “female” vitamins from the “male” – in the content gland. A man, if he is not a strict vegan, usually does not need additionally take this macrocell. But the female body loses iron every month, and up to half of all women in Russia It has a hidden deficit. “Hidden” in this context means that there is no anemia yet, but the iron stores in the body are depleted.
Women do not need additional iron for a long time taking hormonal contraceptives, as with these agents monthly blood loss decreases significantly, and postmenopausal women. These categories can be used and “male” vitamins. To all the rest is better to use special tools. Unfortunately, Vitamins for women athletes are not produced so much.
NutraBio Labs, Formula for Women MultiSport
The peculiarity of this complex is that all minerals are contained in chelate form – in the form of organic compounds that are better absorbed body than inorganic salts. In addition to vitamins and minerals, in the composition of this complex for athletes includes vegetable bioflavonoids are antioxidants and alpha lipoic acid, which possesses hepatoprotective properties, promotes regulation blood sugar level, and during physical activity stimulates the use of fats for energy purposes. This is her property often interpreted as “contributing to weight loss”, which is not entirely true – if you do not monitor calorie intake, fat depots will replenish after training.
The manufacturer recommends taking four capsules per day, but in this case, the daily intake of vitamins will be very high, therefore, it is better for unprofessional athletes to limit themselves half the recommended dose. In this case, the standard packaging 120 capsules is enough for 2 months, which will make the cost of vitamin The complex is more acceptable.
- contains alpha lipoic acid that protects the liver and normalizing carbohydrate metabolism;
- contains plant bioflavonoids,
- all minerals are presented as organic compounds, which are easier to digest.
- 4 capsules per day are recommended;
- very high doses of vitamins if taken as recommended manufacturer,
- high price.
EVLution Nutrition, Female Multivitamin
Another complex where all the minerals are either in the form chelates, or as part of natural compounds (e.g., source iodine serves as an algae extract). Also in these vitamins for Athletes added many plant extracts acting on certain aspects of women’s health. For example, angelica chinese and sacred vitex normalize female hormonal balance. Extracts of bearberry, needles and horse chestnuts strengthen the venous wall, preventing varicose veins, which As you know, women are more susceptible to men. Garcinia Cambodian promotes weight loss. The complex also contains alpha lipoic acid and natural antioxidants.
The manufacturer recommends taking two capsules per day, with this vitamin intake is quite high in comparison with the usual pharmacy complexes, but still lower than that of previous remedies from this ranking of the best vitamins for athletes.
- plant extracts that support women’s health,
- all minerals are in the form of organic compounds that easy to digest
- relatively affordable price (packaging lasts for 2 months even if you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and do not reduce dosage).
- strong specific smell
- large tablets are difficult to swallow.
Optimum Nutrition, Opti-Women
We have already reviewed the vitamins of this manufacturer in the section ranking on complexes for men, now let’s talk about how women differ. In addition to a lower dosage of vitamins (For men, the manufacturer recommends taking 3 capsules per day, for women – 2), and the compositions of herbal supplements differ. Women’s vitamins contain soy isoflavones known phytoestrogenic properties. In a similar direction Sacred Vitex extract and Chinese angelica (Dong Quai). there is and it and extracts that improve venous tone, plant antioxidants, garcinia cambogia and alpha lipoic acid.
- contains phytoestrogens,
- plant extracts support female hormonal balance,
- contributes to weight loss,
- relatively affordable price.
- very high daily intake of vitamins provided Compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
The best vitamins for athletes children
A selection of vitamins for children and adolescents involved in sports, more complicated than for adults: most manufacturers sports supplement labels its products as 18+. therefore suitable remedies have to be found among ordinary pharmacies preparations.
Focused on children from 4 to 11 years old, available in the form of chewable tablets to be taken once a day. Contain vitamins B, D, E and minerals: zinc, iodine, selenium, chrome, copper iron. Support skeletal formation (Vitamin D and calcium), nervous system (B vitamins, folic acid), cardiovascular system (magnesium), hematopoiesis (iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin B12). Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of hormones thyroid gland, chromium – for the synthesis of insulin.
- allowed from 4 years old,
- 1 tablet per day
- contains vitamins necessary for a growing body and minerals.
Focused on children from 7 to 12 years old, 1 tablet per day. Composition similar to the composition of the previous complex of vitamins for young athletes, but also contains rutin – a natural antioxidant; fluorine and phosphorus, improving the condition of tooth enamel.
- 1 tablet per day
- strengthened by antioxidants.
- small age range of application.
Approved for use in adolescents over 14 years of age. Besides standard vitamins and minerals contains L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid rich in antioxidants green extract tea, succinic acid, which improves tissue energy supply.
The complex is divided into 3 groups of tablets – morning, afternoon and evening. The manufacturer justifies this by the fact that in this way incompatible vitamins and minerals are not taken at the same time. But we would not began to consider it a virtue, because all modern vitamins available in the form of microgranules that are released into the gastrointestinal tract at different times, precisely to prevent mixing chemically incompatible elements. But to force teenagers take pills three times a day – task non-trivial.
- contains substances that accelerate recovery after physical loads
- improves energy metabolism.
- need to be taken three times a day.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.