Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Enamels are used for aesthetic and practical needs. Them decorate the surfaces of walls, ceilings, floors, as well as metal parts of frames and structures. A wide variety of colors and structure allows you to decorate and decorate the room to your taste. FROM the practical side of enamel protect materials from moisture, solar rays and parasites, which extends the life of wood, concrete or metal. In our ranking of the best enamels based on specifications and reviews, collected the most popular products from several categories, which will help facilitate the choice.
- How to choose enamel
- Rating of the best enamels
- The best alkyd enamels
- V33 direct protect
- Finncolor Garden 30
- Dufa SEIDENMAT
- Lacra PF-115
- The best acrylic enamels
- VGT VD-AK-1179
- Parade Classic A4
- Grid AK-16
- Tex Station wagon glossy base A
- The best polyurethane enamels
- Symphony Winner A
- The best nitrocellulose enamels
- Tex Nitro NTs-132
How to choose enamel
Before considering the rating of enamels, it is worth remembering a few basic parameters that you pay attention to when purchase of goods:
- Place of application. Universal enamels are available, which can be used indoors and outdoors. But there is also separate species, suitable for one use only. Street surfaces painted with enamel deteriorate quickly due to temperature and sunlight, as well as precipitation.
- For which surfaces. The packaging always indicates Which surfaces are best suited for the finishing agent. Alone paints are more suitable for concrete, brick and wood. Others on metal. There are universal remedies suitable for any surface.
- Drying time. Varies from 1 to 48 hours. it it is especially important to consider when painting strategic rooms, which must be returned to operation as soon as possible (kitchen, bathroom, bathroom, hallway). It will also tell what season choose to work, because the use of enamels is always toxic and requires good ventilation, and in winter leave open windows on two days will not work.
- The structure of the outer layer of enamel. Color user chooses in accordance with his creative intent, but each shade may have its own external structure. The substance is divided into: glossy, semi-gloss, semi-gloss, matte and deeply matte types. This has its effect on decoration, which is important to consider.
- The number of layers. This is the minimum number of passes to provide uniform staining. The indicator is from 1 to 3, and indicates the consumption of the material and the time for its application.
In addition to the above selection criteria, an important role is played by the form the enamel itself, but we described the existing options and their features in ranking, so let’s get started on the study.
Rating of the best enamels
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||rating|
|The best alkyd enamels||1||V33 direct protect||4.9|
|2||Finncolor Garden 30||4.8|
|The best acrylic enamels||1||VGT VD-AK-1179||4.9|
|2||Parade Classic A4||4.8|
|4||Tex Station wagon glossy base A||4.6|
|The best polyurethane enamels||1||Symphony Winner A||4.8|
|The best nitrocellulose enamels||1||Tex Nitro NTs-132||4.7|
The best alkyd enamels
Products with such a basis are most common in construction the market. For the manufacture of finishing substances use pentaphthalic varnish, and products of domestic manufacturers often includes the abbreviation “PF” and numbers in the name. Their price is one of most affordable. Most often, the tool is universal and can apply both inside the building and outside. Suitable for self-decoration or in combination with other materials.
V33 direct protect
This is a product from a French manufacturer, manufactured in weight distribution of 0.75 and 2.5 liters. The substance is universally applicable and Suitable for wood, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastic. It is allowed to paint the surface on the street and indoors. By The structure of the enamel is semi-gloss with a very smooth top layer. The tool effectively protects carbon steel from corrosion. Users in the reviews note that the paint smells like caramel and this slightly smooths the discomfort during application. Consumption Enamel is 12 m2 per 1 liter. You can buy such paint in one of six shades.
According to our experts, enamel should be in the ranking of the best due to its long service life. Even when applied to street elements (railings, benches) retains an attractive appearance for 8 years old. The paint includes a rust converter, therefore prior to application to metal no prior sanding, which simplifies and speeds up the process.
- universality of application;
- corrosion protection;
- contains rust converter;
- does not require preliminary priming.
- dries up to 24 hours;
- not the best option for concrete and brick;
- no large tanks over 2.5 kg;
- cost more expensive than analogues.
Finncolor Garden 30
This is a product from a domestic manufacturer that produces enamel in small jars of 0.9 and 2.7 liters, as well as in buckets of 9 liters for volumetric use. Apply paint at a rate of 1 liter for 8-12 m2 and is a semi-matt homogeneous structure snow-white color. This finish is very refreshing and collects less. fingerprints or dust plaque. Alkyd enamel is better just suitable for particleboard, fiberboard, boards, ferrous metals, drywall. Use on brickwork and concrete is allowed.
According to our experts, enamel should be in the rating in view of its affordability in relation to quality. At a limited budget is the best way to freshen up a wooden ceiling, drywall walls, metal railings and others constructions. As can be seen from the reviews, the substance is not sharp smell, which is also a plus.
- available in capacities from 0.9 to 9.0 l;
- cheaper than analogues;
- can be mixed for tinting with other enamels;
- Convenient handle on buckets for transportation.
- does not fit well on concrete;
- only available in white;
- the layer completely dries in 24 hours;
- within 3-4 hours it is impossible to get on the painted layer dust, otherwise it will stick.
This is another affordable product from a Russian manufacturer, produced in cans of 0.75 and 2.5 liters. Alkyd Enamel weatherproof and well tolerates mechanical stress (shock raindrops, hail, friction), therefore suitable for application on facades, arbors and balconies. The reviews show that the paint is good covers the surface and leaves no gaps. Convenient to apply both with a brush and a roller. Semi-matt structure provides beautiful view. On low absorbing materials, one layer is sufficient, where a volume of 1000 ml will be painted over to 12 m2.
We added enamel to the rating due to its quick drying, several times superior to indicators of other manufacturers. After 2-3 hours, the layer no longer sticks to your hands, and after 5-6 hours the applied agent hardens. After 12 hours, painted parts can already be operated, so the goods should be turned attention to those who have time to start using the premises after Repair is a priority.
- no yellowness after several years of service;
- quick drying;
- withstands atmospheric and physical stress;
- applied without drips.
- only white color;
- no cans more than 2.5 l;
- on masonry does not look beautiful.
Goods manufactured in Russia, but according to the patented German technology. This gave an affordable price and increased resistance to weathering. Suitable for wood and metal frames, walls and gates. The reviews show that some owners have been using this product for many years and not going to change your choice.
Our experts put alkyd enamel in the rating because of the huge choice of color scale. In the color palette of this finishing agent There are not only classic options (white, gray, black), but also exotic (turquoise, coffee with milk, yellow, chocolate brown, cream, pistachio). Another plus paint is a large selection of container capacity – enamel is released in jars from 1 to 50 kg with intermediate values of 2, 2.8, 20 kg, which is convenient depending on the upcoming scope of work.
- very wide color gamut;
- various packing;
- affordable price;
- German technology.
- need a preliminary primer for quality result;
- increased consumption of 100-180 g per 1 m2;
- service life is shorter than analogues (2-4 years).
The best acrylic enamels
This type of enamel is more expensive, since the composition uses acrylic resins supplemented with organic substances, solvents, pigment and inhibitors. Better resists friction and thermal effects, therefore optimally for covering not only walls, floors and ceilings, but even enameling bathtubs and car body parts.
Acrylic enamel, available in small containers of 230 ml. Differs in resistance to atmospheric precipitation, mechanical pressure and temperature fluctuations. According to reviews, it is great for ceramics, plastic, polystyrene, wood, gypsum, aluminum and even some types of wallpaper. After laying, the first layer dries in hours, which allows immediate re-staining for more uniform and uniform color. Complete drying occurs after 24 hours. The density of the product is 1.1 g / cm3, therefore two layers will be enough.
The experts decided to add acrylic enamel to the rating because of special types of structure, among which there is a mother-of-pearl., forming at the top is an extra shiny effect. This allows you to perform finish with interesting designs and highlight details the interior. Among the colors there are interesting bronze and silver options.
- does not require pre-processing of the product;
- applied by roller, brush or swab;
- stored in packaged form for up to 18 months;
- almost no smell.
- there is a dry residue that requires mixing and breeding;
- high consumption up to 250 g per m2;
- can not be used in high humidity and below temperature +7 degrees;
- high cost for a small volume.
Parade Classic A4
Product with an acrylic base and a semi-matt outer layer. Available in one white color and in iron cans of 900 g each. It contains rust inhibitor inside, therefore it does not require stripping metal before use. According to reviews, enamel is praised for preservation of white color after years. The product has been tested in laboratories and received a certificate for use in educational and preschool institutions. Dries off after 60 minutes.
Acrylic enamel is initially positioned by the manufacturer as Designed for painting radiators. Our experts studied it and put it in the rating as the most appropriate for application to products subject to heat. Substance after drying well manifests itself at a temperature of 120 degrees. 45 hot stains allowed degrees. Full drying occurs after 5 hours, which facilitates the quick commissioning of the heating system.
- good hiding power – in some cases, you can do one a passage;
- certificate for use in child care facilities;
- quick drying;
- storage up to 5 years with several freezing cycles and thawing.
- for internal use only;
- increased consumption of 100 ml per 0.8 m2;
- high density 1.22 g / cm3 requires thorough mixing and breeding;
- only in banks of 0.9 kg.
Universal coloring agent for all-weather use. Available in large metal buckets of 15 and 22 kg. Forms on the surface, a microporous film that allows steam to pass from the inside, but protecting the painted sides from the sun, mechanical impact and temperature. It can be applied both with a roller and with a spray. Enamel does not fade in the sun, for which it is praised in reviews. Fit for all materials, but best used on concrete. At at a temperature of 20 degrees, the next coat is allowed to be applied already in 6 hours. If the repair is not planned immediately, then the goods are good even 5 freezing cycles are stored and allowed.
Our experts recommend this enamel from the rating for harsh operating conditions if building or repairing a home had to lead in the winter. Paint can be applied in the environment. temperature up to -40 degrees, after drying the surface and heating a polymer substance to +15 degrees. For extreme painting in winter, you will need to dilute the mixture with butyl acetate to 35%.
- service life up to 8 years;
- high adhesion to all types of surfaces;
- vapor permeable film effect;
- tinted with other colors of acrylic enamels.
- sold only in large containers of 15 and 22 kg;
- very dense – you need a lot of White Spirit to breed when use of a spray gun;
- high consumption of 3 liters per 12 m2;
- only white color.
Tex Station wagon glossy base A
Domestic acrylic-based product manufactured in weight distribution of 0.5, 0.9, 2.5, as well as 24 kg. White base can act as the basis for creating any shade. When applying maintains a high degree of whiteness and is easy to clean, which is confirmed reviews of the masters. Paint can be applied on the street and inside premises. The composition does not contain organic solvents and enamel does not unpleasant odor comes out. High adhesion allows adhesion substance to surfaces of metal, gypsum, wood and concrete.
According to our experts, this enamel from the rating is the best. Suitable for application on wooden frames, doors and pediments. If a the material was previously painted with alkyd enamel, then it is not required clean off – you can apply Tex Universal immediately. More at this item with a glossy base there are 21 colors, which allows finishing on every taste. Among the palette there are cream, caramel, emerald, lime and cherry.
- service life up to 5 years;
- sticks well to any base;
- color saturation;
- optimal consumption of 0.9 kg per 12 m2.
- metal must first be primed;
- it does not fit well if you use a non-synthetic brush;
- need to mix well.
The best polyurethane enamels
Polyurethane dyes are more resistant to mechanical impact due to a strong binder. Complemented with pigment and solvents they are elastic and are well suited for dynamic surfaces experiencing thermal expansion.
Symphony Winner A
A pigmented substance with a polyurethane base is available in 0.9 kg metal containers and buckets with a plastic lid, accommodating 2.7 and 9 kg. The tool has a semi-matt appearance, containing a little gloss. A distinctive feature of enamel is its elasticity. and wear resistance, which is noted in most reviews. Fit for all types of surfaces, including concrete, wood and stone. The composition is chemically stable and harmless after evaporation.
Experts put the product in the rating due to the strength formed layer after drying. Enamel resistant to tearing, scratching and blows. We recommend those who are planning to take a closer look at it. painting radiators, boats or car body parts.
- different packaging options;
- average cost in relation to quality;
- high adhesion;
- tolerates deformations of painted objects thanks to elasticity.
- not suitable for plastic;
- for the floor it is better not to use it;
- curing occurs after two days, so the product You can’t use all this time.
The best nitrocellulose enamels
The product obtained by treatment with cellulose nitric acid, which turns it into nitrate. Such a foundation combined with organic solvents and pigments promotes accelerated drying out, sometimes even for tens of minutes, which is rare for enamel. It is the best choice for surface treatment that is required. freshen up and return to service as soon as possible.
Tex Nitro NTs-132
High-gloss nitroenamel of domestic producer, characterized by bright saturated colors. Universal for use and weather resistant. Is used for staining of metal and wood. Good for floors, walls, facades, stairs and steps in a private house. Product is released in packaged in 0.8 and 1.8 kg and has a wide color gamut.
According to our experts, the product should be rated in view of its quick drying within 1 hour, affordable price and economical consumption. The average hiding power of this species enamel 15 m2 with one kilogram, and if you act very carefully and carefully, you can reach the consumption of 28 m2 using 1 kg paints.
- relative affordability;
- dries to readiness in 60 minutes;
- elasticity and the ability to bend painted parts up to 3 mm;
- hard and smooth coating.
- high toxicity during operation (until it dries);
- flammable and flammable in liquid form;
- metal must first be primed (no converter rust).
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.