Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Battery angle grinders allow you to quickly clean metal, cut workpieces and grind surfaces. Thanks to the battery, the operator does not need to monitor the cable, and it is also possible to work at any distance from electrified buildings. Let's figure out how to choose a cordless grinder and which models are considered the best by buyers and experts.
- How to choose a grinder with a battery
- Rating of the best battery grinders
- The best cordless grinders
- BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah х2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm
- DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah х2 case, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504RME, 18V, 125mm
- DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm
- Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah х1 box, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504RF, 18V, 125mm
- BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
- DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504Z, 18V, 125mm
- RYOBI R18AG-0, 18V, 115mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V
How to choose a grinder with a battery
Before buying, you need to decide for what tasks the tool will be used. Depending on this, pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Power. In a grinder with a battery, this parameter depends on the supply voltage, which is 12-54 V. The higher it is, the stronger the angle grinder, as well as the longer its resource under everyday loads. For periodic work in a garage or workshop, 12 V is sufficient. If the power tool is often used on the road or in other professional activities, then look for only 18-54 V.
- Battery capacity. It happens from 2.0 to 6.0 A / h. The higher the indicator, the longer the grinder can work on a single charge. LBM activity lasts from 15 to 35 minutes.
- Disk rotation frequency. Varies from 6,000 to 10,000 rpm. The value affects performance.
- Maximum snap size. Indicates the diameter of the disc that will not damage the motor gearbox and will safely grind or cut on a particular device. Most often, in versions with a battery, the diameter does not exceed 125 mm, but sometimes 115 mm.
- Weight. There are grinders weighing from 2 to 3 kg. If you often work at height with outstretched arms, then look for a lighter model.
- Equipment. The kit may contain 1-2 batteries and a charger, or all of this will have to be purchased separately. Products with a plastic case are easier to store and transport.
- Opportunities. Overload protection will save the motor in case of overheating or power surges. Repositioning the handle will make the grinder more convenient to use in difficult conditions. Locking the trigger will relieve finger stress during prolonged work. Smooth start will allow you to start rotating without jerking and precisely guide the blade to the cut. Adjusting the RPM will help you to set the right amount for cutting soft or hard metals.
Rating of the best battery grinders
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best cordless grinders||1||BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah х2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm||20 858|
|2||DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah х2 case, 18 V, 125 mm||22 109|
|3||Makita DGA504RME, 18V, 125mm||19 490|
|4||DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm||13 253|
|5||Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah х1 box, 18 V, 125 mm||11 124|
|6||Makita DGA504RF, 18V, 125mm||8 391|
|7||BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm||8 930|
|8||DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm||6 890|
|9||Makita DGA504Z, 18V, 125mm||6 100|
|10||RYOBI R18AG-0, 18V, 115mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V|
The best cordless grinders
Now let's go directly to the TOP-10 grinders with batteries, which experts liked for their characteristics or have a lot of positive reviews from buyers.
BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah х2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm
The leader in our review is the GWS model from the Bosch brand, which impresses with its equipment. The product is sold in a robust case with a handle, two 4.0 Ah batteries and a charger. With intensive use, the operating time from one 18 V battery is 20-30 minutes. It will take half an hour to restore the energy reserve, therefore, changing the battery, it will work all day. The maximum number of revolutions reaches 10,000 per minute. The power button and the spindle can be locked here. The grinder weighs 2.3 kg and interacts with discs up to 125 mm. Buyers in the reviews like the convenience of working with the tool and a good case, where, among other things, silicone glasses are also placed.
We considered the model to be the best in terms of reliability. LBM with accumulators serves for a long time and does not break. It can withstand the daily stresses of grinding and cutting metal, but the gearbox wears out very slowly, so no extraneous noise occurs. The device is lubricated well enough from the factory, so nothing needs to be finished after purchase.
- compact body design;
- convenient to manipulate in confined spaces;
- fast charging;
- rich equipment.
- high price;
- expensive spare parts.
DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah х2 case, 18 V, 125 mm
In second place is the DCG412M2 battery grinder. It is sold with two batteries, with a capacity of 4.0 A / h. Power from a voltage of 18 V allows the disc to accelerate to 7000 rpm. The maximum diameter of the rig should not exceed 12.5 cm. On the case, an air cooling system with perforations is thought out, which increases the duration of operation without overheating. The second handle can be repositioned to the right or left side of the tool for convenience. The grinder weighs 3 kg. The tooling change takes place with only one key, since the spindle can be locked with a button from above. Feedback from the owners shows that the angle grinder is easy to use and “survives” after regular falls.
The chip of this grinder with a battery is the ability to adjust the speed. Unlike most competitors, who always work at full strength, here you can set the required speed for specific materials. This saves battery power and prevents overheating of the edges when cutting dense workpieces.
- spindle fixation;
- comfortable grip of the rubberized handle;
- two batteries included;
- blocking accidental start.
- high price;
- weight 3 kg.
Makita DGA504RME, 18V, 125mm
“Makita” has a decent version of the battery angle grinder. The DGA504RME is available with 18 V supply and up to 8500 rpm. The size of the rig is allowed up to 12.5 cm. The grinder weighs 2.5 kg. It has a fully rubberized main handle. The auxiliary handle has a wide stop and can be moved to the left or right side of the body. The device is sold with two batteries, charger and case. The launch key here is of a slider type and is fixed in a predetermined position, which makes it easier to hold during prolonged manipulations. The 4.0 Ah battery capacity is enough for 25 minutes of continuous cutting or grinding. The manufacturer puts one grinding wheel in the kit. Users in reviews praise the quiet operation of a powerful tool and one-touch detaching the battery from the handle. This makes replacement easier, especially when working at height.
The battery grinder got into the review of the best because of the ultra thin main grip. This greatly facilitates holding and even allows, in some inconvenient situations, to use the angle grinder with one hand.
- there is a limitation of the starting current;
- overload protection;
- two-position second handle;
- two batteries in a set.
- high price;
- oak plastic case – if you drop it, it can crack.
DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm
The grinder DCC414N is very popular with buyers. It is designed for 12.5 cm discs and makes up to 9000 rpm. The main handle is completely covered with anti-slip material and specially tapered for a comfortable grip. A rubber stand is provided at the bottom of the case to put the angle grinder on the table without scratching the plastic. The grinder weighs 2.2 kg. Judging by the reviews, buyers like the balancing of the grinder, the convenience of adjusting the casing position and the quick clamping nut for fixing the disc. This allows you to unscrew the snap by grasping the circle and tighten a new one without using a wrench. But the angle grinder is sold without a battery, so you will have to spend money on re-equipment of the goods.
The grinder is considered the best in power. Thanks to a voltage of 54 V, angle grinder is able to confidently cut carbon steel, stainless steel and cast iron. The gearbox and motor heat up less. Another feature of the product is the engine brake, which helps to instantly stop rotation and move to a new site. This improves productivity and accuracy of the actions performed.
- 3 year warranty;
- overload protection;
- two-position handle;
- engine brake.
- you can work with only two hands;
- sold without battery;
- no speed control;
- louder than other models.
Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah х1 box, 18 V, 125 mm
“Metabo” offers the WB 18 LTX BL grinder with an 18 V battery and a 3.5 Ah capacity, which will last for 20 minutes of battery life. The set includes a charger, but the model is realized without a case. The engine is capable of spinning the disc up to 9000 rpm. The manufacturer has installed an inrush current limiting function, which helps to smoothly start the rotation of the tool. The grinder weighs 2.6 kg. The second handle has a thick layer of insulation to reduce vibration. A feature of the model is the location of the switch on the side, and not on top, which is very convenient for right-handers and completely inconvenient for left-handers.
In addition to useful functions (engine brake, tool replacement without a key, overload protection), the grinder is notable for its special internal structure containing an air filter. This prevents dust from entering the interior of the case through the air cooling channels. We recommend taking a closer look at the product for those who often work in dusty conditions (chasing walls, cutting bricks with a diamond disc, etc.).
- there is a spindle lock;
- battery and charger included;
- removal of the battery at the touch of a button;
- 9000 rpm.
- a battery protruding downward interferes with working close to a large surface;
- due to the location of the launch key on the side, and not on top, the model is inconvenient for left-handers;
- sold without case.
Makita DGA504RF, 18V, 125mm
Another grinder “Makita” with a battery, which differs from the above-described “older” model in the package. In the plastic case you will find only one battery with a capacity of 3.0 Ah and a charger. The manufacturer puts the grinding wheel as a gift. LBM is suitable for shorter work, since the autonomy time is 15 minutes. This is enough to hit a lock or perform an emergency opening of a door. The operating voltage of 18 V provides enough power to cut thick metal with a cross section of 1-2 cm. Buyers in the reviews are glad that the battery is charged in 25 minutes, and the grinder works very softly. Smooth start helps to accurately start the cut at the intended location.
Experts noted the grinder as the best in terms of the possibility of adjusting the case to the needs of the user. Here it is possible to rearrange the gearbox by unscrewing the four screws in either direction (clockwise or counterclockwise), which makes it easier to access narrow spaces and increases the convenience of holding under certain specific conditions.
- smooth start of the motor;
- overload protection;
- comfortable grip;
- grinding wheel included.
- the stator is not protected by additional insulation;
- there is little lubrication in the gearbox from the factory.
BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
The angle grinder operates on a voltage of 18 V and produces 10,000 rpm, which most analogues from other brands do not have. The maximum size of the rig is 12.5 cm. The grinder weighs 2.3 kg. The circle can be changed by pressing the red button on the gearbox, which blocks the spindle. The support on the additional handle prevents vibration from moving the hand towards the body. Air ducts are located at the end of the gearbox, so dust does not fly into the eyes of the operator. Reviews users like the power of the angle grinder and the ease of grip. Anti-slip pads increase grip when your hands sweat in summer.
We recommend this grinder as a more economical option for getting a professional blue power tool. The model is identical to the leader of this review, but has a cost 3 times lower due to the absence of batteries, charger and case. If you have a power source and charging from another Bosch device, and do not need to transport the instrument often, then consider purchasing this model.
- disk rotation speed 10000 rpm;
- latching enable slider;
- there is overload protection;
- ease of holding in sweaty hands.
- sold without battery;
- no smooth start;
- right-handed launch button.
DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
Another version of a professional battery grinder from a well-known brand in a simpler package. The already familiar grinder with 7000 rpm and speed control is sold without a battery and charger, and also does not have a suitcase for storage. The grinder is suitable for working with a diameter of 12.5 cm cutting and grinding discs. The owners in the reviews are satisfied with the correct weight distribution of the grinder, which makes it at least a little easier to hold a tool with a weight of 3 kg. But buyers warn that the optimal balance is achieved when installing a battery of 4.0 A / h. At 6.0 Ah, the back of the grinder will pull down.
In addition to the advantages of speed control, we wanted to mark the grinder as the best for working at height, when there is nowhere to put the power tool. To give your hand a rest, it is enough to lower it down and loosen the grip. Thanks to the P-shaped handle, the grinder will hang on the fingers, and will not slip out, as is the case with linear handles.
- more affordable price;
- two-position handle;
- you can adjust the rotation speed;
- full rubber handle;
- lockable start button.
- weight 3 kg;
- 40 cm long body is inconvenient for manipulation in confined spaces.
Makita DGA504Z, 18V, 125mm
The angle grinder operates from a voltage of 18 V and develops 8500 rpm, but the speed is not regulated and the rotation is always carried out at maximum power. To install grinding wheels, you need to buy a tooling with a 22 mm bore ring diameter. The disc starts smoothly, so there is no sudden jerk and it is easy to point the grinder exactly at the marked cutting point. In the event of overloads, protection is triggered so that the motor does not burn out. The device weighs 2.5 kg. The auxiliary handle has a wide stop, eliminating the transfer of heat from the gearbox to the operator. Reviews show that the grinder is appreciated among buyers for its thin handle and the ability to hold the tool during manipulations with only one hand.
Our experts liked the casing of the battery grinder, which has a curved edge on the side of the disc. This will provide additional protection against flying out scale. Competitor models have a smoother part of the casing, which increases the risk of damage to the eyes or face.
- convenient slim body;
- you can work with one hand;
- smooth start of rotation is provided;
- there is overload protection.
- only 1 year warranty;
- no battery and charging station.
RYOBI R18AG-0, 18V, 115mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V
The review is completed by the R18AG-0 rechargeable grinder from “Robi”. The grinder is powered by an 18 V battery and develops 6500 rpm. It can accommodate discs with a diameter of 115 mm and a 22 mm seat ring. The angle grinder is supplied without a battery, but the tool belongs to the Ryobi One + system, so a battery from other devices of this brand will do. The grinder has a rubberized button that secures the spindle. You can change the equipment without a key. The second handle has a thick coating to reduce transmitted vibration. The start key is made in the form of a trigger and is fixed by the second button from the top, so it is impossible to accidentally start the rotation of the disk. The device weighs 2.2 kg and is convenient for prolonged grinding with outstretched arms.
The advantage of this grinder is its affordable price, which the other models in this review cannot compete with. Another auxiliary handle can be set in one of three positions, when most of the analogs are two-position. This design increases the usability of angle grinders in the case of stripping or cutting close to a wall, floor or ceiling.
- protection against accidental start is provided;
- comfortable grip;
- handles are covered with rubber;
- batteries from another instrument of the same brand are suitable.
- The battery will have to be purchased separately;
- twitches strongly when starting;
- the maximum diameter of the discs loses a little to competitors.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.