Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Connoisseurs of sneakers now and in the winter cold can afford the pleasure of wearing their favorite shoes with comfort. In order to really enjoy the whole winter in winter sneakers, you need to know how to choose them correctly and which brand to give preference to. Answers to all questions are waiting for you in our ranking of the best.
- How to choose winter sneakers
- Type of material
- Rating of the best brands of winter sneakers
- New balance
- Camper lab
- La Sportiva
How to choose winter sneakers
You need to understand that moving around the city in autumn and winter is not only cold and snow, but also mud, an abundance of water, various reagents that are sprinkled on the roads. Therefore, when choosing the right sports pair, you should consider not only the stylish exterior. What else?
Type of material
So what can winter sneakers be made of? The list is small:
- Leather and suede. After walking around the city, you won't be able to simply shake off the snow from your shoes if its outer surface is not properly protected from moisture. Without a doubt, in the arsenal of many there may be a special water-repellent spray, but, nevertheless, it is better to concentrate your attention on models of winter sneakers impregnated with a special composition during the production process.
- Gore-Tex. This material consists of a special membrane that is fixed between the outer surface of the shoe and its lining. Sneakers made of Gore-Tex material perfectly retain heat inside, impervious to water, breathe perfectly. Neither moisture nor snow will get inside such a product, and the moisture accumulated inside will easily come out through the pores of the membrane. This is the best option for winters with temperatures around -5 C and in the case when movement is carried out mainly in a car.
- Neoprene. It is a microporous synthetic rubber. The material is pleasant to the touch, perfectly retains heat inside, while moisture will not get inside. Neoprene is durable and excellent against fungal growth. However, it cannot be called as 'breathable' as Gore-Tex.
If the frost does not scare you, and you want to enjoy wearing your favorite shoes on cold winter days, you should take care of choosing a high-quality insulation. For winter sneakers, the following lining is mainly produced:
- Sherpa is a fabric that imitates suede on the outside, and faux fur on the inside. It warms well, has high thermal insulation properties.
- Faux fur – has a presentable appearance, perfectly keeps warm inside, while allowing the skin to breathe freely, retains its original properties for a long time.
- PrimaLoft Silver is a synthetic fluff substitute. Excellent moisture-wicking properties, soft, comfortable to touch, compact. Shoes made with such a lining will not look bulky, and, importantly, they will be light.
It is the sole that can become the 'weak link' of the entire structure, making the shoe unsuitable for wearing in the cold season. Poor-quality or unsuitable sole material dulls in the cold, and in addition, it can become slippery. That is why special additives are included in the soles for winter sneakers. You should definitely pay attention to the relief of the sole: there should be as many depressions as possible (this will facilitate walking on deep snow, and it will not be so slippery to walk on ice).
Rating of the best brands of winter sneakers
|Nomination||a place||the brand||rating|
|Rating of the best brands of winter sneakers||1||Columbia||4.9|
The world famous brand of sports shoes and apparel for 70 years of its existence has adhered to a simple principle: leadership is achieved only by creating the best products. The company specializes in creating innovative products that can withstand even the harshest cold 'test'.
The brand offers comfortable, practical and durable models that are not only comfortable to wear, but also provide excellent cushioning of the foot during walking. The bumper of the winter running shoe is reinforced to avoid injury if it accidentally hits an obstacle. You can choose models for both urban conditions and off-road conditions.
- natural materials;
- shock absorption when walking;
- excellent adhesion to the surface;
- high-quality insulation;
- stylish design.
- not detected.
The Japanese brand specializes in running shoes, so if you're looking for a winter running shoe, ASICS is a great choice. It should be noted that it is the shoes from ASICS that dominate the finishes of most world races.
In sneaker models designed for winter wear, products insulated with faux fur prevail. They are equipped with a special gel cushioning that absorbs the recoil when the foot is heavily loaded. In stock there are winter sneakers designed for harsh climates (Tiger series) – ideal for Russian winters.
- patented amortization technology;
- natural materials (top of the product);
- application of the Gore-Tex material.
- the sole relief is not deep enough (for a snowy winter it can be inconvenient).
The French brand has been producing sports shoes, apparel and accessories for over half a century, inspiring consumers to perform small sporting feats. Winter sneakers from Salomon are, first of all, simplicity, comfort, practicality. The result is a killer combination for quality, comfortable footwear.
All models of winter sneakers are distinguished by excellent grip, good cushioning, and good ventilation. You can select original products with a design that allows you to use it even for running on rough terrain. The outsole of some models has integrated metal spikes for better traction.
- excellent thermal insulation properties;
- terrain perfectly matched to snow / ice;
- many tall and light models;
- 'viability' at temperatures up to -40 С0.
- not detected.
The American brand is one of the five largest and most successful manufacturers of sports shoes and apparel. The company can be called a real giant in its industry. A distinctive feature of New Balance sneakers is a unique instep support developed by the creator of the company: it is based on three anchor points that allow you to achieve the perfect balance of the foot. Even if you wear winter sneakers for a long time, you will not feel fatigue in your legs.
Isoprene rubber is used in the production of models, which perfectly absorbs shock loads, which can withstand intense pressure on the outsole. Thus, the sole load is minimal, thereby prolonging its 'viability'.
- excellent water repellency;
- perfectly manifests itself in a harsh climate;
- comfortable models (suitable for long walks).
- predominance of synthetic materials.
The world famous brand is famous not only for its innovative approach to the creation of its products, but also for its respect for the environment (this is due, among other things, to the predominance of natural materials in products). In 2019, the company launched a footwear production line made from recycled plastic under the slogan: 'Save our oceans'. Winter sneakers from Adidas delight with the quality of tailoring, lightweight construction, 'endurance' in moderate cold conditions.
- a wide selection of high models;
- winter sneakers available;
- ecological fur;
- lightweight outsole.
- a small selection of waterproof models;
The brainchild of the famous German brand – Adidas. The company often pleases lovers of sports shoes with original, stylish models, ideal for wearing in urban environments. Winter sneakers from the Reebok brand should be paid attention to those who need the most simple, comfortable, stylish shoes, without a claim to endurance. The products use mainly natural materials; faux fur and shepra are used as insulation.
- excellent shock absorption;
- comfortable models;
- interesting design.
- slippery sole;
- complaints about the uneven distribution of the insulation inside (the sock is almost empty).
The legendary American brand is a real colossus in the field of sports shoes for both professionals and extreme amateurs. By the way, the famous 'air' technology Air, which opened the world to a new level of comfort when wearing sneakers, was invented 50 years ago and brought the brand no less billions in revenues.
The brand's philosophy is based on high social responsibility to the consumer, therefore all brand products (only the original should be taken into account) are distinguished by high wear resistance, incredible convenience.
- excellent water-repellent properties;
- good shock absorption;
- good grip of the sole;
- lightweight construction.
- small selection of models.
Relatively young company among real sports sharks with multi-billion dollar turnover. Created by a simple shoemaker, it specializes in the production of comfortable shoes with a unique, individual style. Indeed, the manufacturer's models have a stylish design and are quite wear-resistant. The brand made a bet mainly on the creation of shoes for everyday wear. Finding options for sports is quite problematic.
- stylish design;
- practical materials.
- complaints about an inconvenient design (they rub many).
A modest family business since its inception in the 1920s, it has grown into a large company, which, by the way, became real innovators in the production of mountain boots, footwear for alpine skiing and climbing. The brand is now considered the best mountain shoe brand in the world.
When creating winter sneakers, La Sportiva gave preference to models designed for long runs, approaches, trekking, etc. The brand offers several winter sneakers that will become a real find for those who cannot imagine life without active training, even in the cold season. These products are distinguished by excellent grip, have protection against the ingress of dirt, snow crumbs, etc. The sneaker is incredibly flexible, perfectly fits the foot, the degree of shoe tension is easily adjusted (thanks to the lacing integrated into the inside).
- ergonomic design;
- excellent shock absorption;
- comfortable design;
- protection from dirt and snow getting inside;
- excellent grip (can be enhanced with special studs).
- not detected.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.