Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The image of an elegantly dressed man is hard to imagine without a tie. This accessory is a must for a business wardrobe, it can become part of a youthful look. Its main purpose is to disguise the buttons on the shirt. Introducing the top 10 best tie brands.
- Tie selection rules
- Top Tie Brands Rating
- The best tie brands in the premium segment
- Ralph Lauren
- Ermenegildo Zegna
- Hugo boss
- Roberto cavalli
- The best brands of ties in terms of price-quality ratio
- Stefano danotelli
- Angelo bonetti
- Burton Menswear London
Tie selection rules
- The tie should not be the same color as the shirt;
- If there is a large pattern on a shirt or sweater, you should choose a tie with a small print, and vice versa;
- The color of the shirt should be lighter than the color of the tie.
General selection rules:
- One color should not be repeated more than 3 times within one image;
- Garments with prints should be diluted with a plain thing;
- The drawing should correspond to the theme of the event – one-color business, daily, club or solemn;
- If the model has stripes, their width should differ from the stripes on a shirt or jacket, sweater;
- Combinations of cells, size and color are more appropriate for an informal image;
- Models with large polka dots should be worn by tall slender men, small ones – by people of short stature, with a strong physique.
Let's select the color matching rules in a separate block:
- A blue tie is ideal for a business dress code, it symbolizes stability, confidence, calmness.
- Brown is also suitable for daily wear, it symbolizes trust in the owner, but not suitable for meetings and business negotiations – sometimes there is a claim to doubt.
- Red represents confidence in strength and can be worn at a business meeting and negotiation.
- Burgundy will emphasize the high social status of the owner.
- The green tie is ideal for customer service staff who need to keep both parties calm.
- The gray color of the neck accessory is suitable for men who prefer to go unnoticed.
- Pink softens the character of a man, but sometimes causes a feeling of frivolity, not suitable for business negotiations.
- Orange should be preferred in an informal setting – it symbolizes the love of life and emphasizes the lightness of character.
- The yellow color focuses on high intelligence and craving for knowledge.
Size and accessories:
- The width of the tie should not exceed the width of the lapels on the jacket;
- Narrow ones are suitable for slender men; you need to combine it with a fitted shirt or a jacket with narrow lapels;
- The tie knot must match the width of the accessory;
- To prevent the tie from dangling, it should be fixed to the shirt with a clamp, and the lower 'tail' should be hidden in a loop on the back.
Choosing the right model is an art, but following our advice, you can do it without difficulty. Now we present a selection of the best brands offering this type of accessory for the men's wardrobe.
Top Tie Brands Rating
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||rating|
|The best tie brands in the premium segment||1||Brioni||5.0|
|Best tie brands in terms of price-performance ratio||1||Mango||5.0|
|4||Burton Menswear London||4.7|
The best tie brands in the premium segment
An expensive tie will complement a solid business or leisure suit, highlight the individuality of a man.
Brioni ties are the best accessory that can complement a strict, expensive suit, especially of the same brand, because the Italian fashion house is known as a manufacturer of premium trouser sets. Silk products look noble with any image – with everyday and with the identical, business. In the collection, the models are monochrome and with prints, you can choose an accessory for any type of shirt and suit.
Brioni designers follow fashion trends, therefore, from collection to collection, they offer more and more new colors, as well as ties with current patterns and prints.
The average price is 170 EUR (about 12,000 rubles).
- Elegant colors and prints;
- Natural silk;
- Comfortable and durable to wear.
- High price.
The fashion house of the American couturier Ralph Lauren offers a large collection of neck accessories, including ties. The line includes products for any occasion: solid color for business style, color, with various floral and graphic prints, even with thematic images. Original ties are made of natural silk, durable to wear, actively playing in the sun.
The average price is from $ 60 (about 3800 rubles).
- Large collection;
- Variety of colors and prints;
- Natural silk.
- Mostly high prices over $ 100.
The next brand Ermenegildo Zegna in the rating is known for the use of unusual bright ornaments and colors in the collections of clothes and accessories. The collection of ties is so large that it contains accessories for a classic look – a lot of products in blue, blue, gray colors; for a solemn appearance, striped ties, a cage, a small drawing, pocket squares with the same ornament will help to complement the image. All products are made of various types of dense textured or smooth silk, the manufacturer also uses pure linen, jacquard.
Price – from $ 180 (about 11,500 rubles).
- A wide range of ties, bow ties, pocket squares;
- Natural linen, various types of silk, jacquard;
- Unusual bright prints.
- High prices.
Some of the relatively inexpensive ties can be purchased from the Hugo Boss collection, with prices starting at $ 52. The line includes neck accessories of narrow and wide cut, many products in blue and gray shades, striped or checkered colored ties for any look – business, casual or club.
You should be careful when choosing an accessory – products of the Hugo Boss brand are often faked, but a real accessory made of cotton, silk, jacquard, viscose will last a long time and reliably.
The average price is from $ 52 (about 3250 rubles).
- Large selection of ties in material and colors;
- Many narrow models in the line;
- Variety of prints;
- Relatively low prices (depending on the material).
- Counterfeits are common.
Italian grace is embodied in the Roberto Cavalli ties. Seasonal collections of the brand include accessories of current colors, colors, including with the brand's inscription – it is present in the design of almost all products, but does not look defiant. The fabric used is smooth or textured silk,
Any formal suit comes to life with a Roberto Cavalli tie, the accessory emphasizes the status of the owner, while it is not so expensive – about 5200 rubles (from $ 83).
- Elegant design;
- A distinctive feature is the woven brand name in the print;
- Many color variations;
- Relatively low price for the segment.
- Not defined.
The best brands of ties in terms of price-quality ratio
For everyday wear, a tie in the middle price category is quite suitable – with the right choice from an aesthetic point of view, it is in no way inferior to a premium accessory.
A variety of stylish Mango ties meet the needs of young and mature men – the brand offers a wide range of neck accessories in different styles and colors: straight, wide at the bottom, narrow and wide, colored and printed models. The line includes single-color ties, with small and large patterns, striped, colorful and strict. There are models for any image without exception!
The average price is 1800 rubles.
- Large selection of colors, colors;
- Various styles;
- Quality tailoring.
- Not defined.
Comparatively inexpensive Stefano Danotelli ties made of high-quality semi-synthetic fabric are difficult to distinguish from expensive premium products in appearance. The texture of the material resembles silk, smooth or textured, and can be printed on it.
There are many casual ties in the Stefano Danotelli collection, but luxurious models predominate for going out, for large events, dance evenings, etc.
The average price is 1300 rubles.
- High quality fabric and tailoring;
- Many colors;
- Large selection of colors and prints;
- Imitation of natural silk;
- Unusual design of some models.
- Not defined.
Elegant ties Angelo Bonetti can be matched to any look from everyday office to complement a formal tuxedo. The brand offers neck accessories for different occasions, constantly expanding the collection with colored, textured and printed models.
One of the largest tie collections in the ranking is represented under the Angelo Bonetti brand.
The average price is 1900 rubles.
- The largest collection of ties;
- Classic and formal models;
- Unusual types of colors – graduations, interesting prints.
- Not defined.
Burton Menswear London
The Burton Menswear London collection does not have such a wide selection of ties as other brands, but there are suitable models for any stylish man's image – solid contrasting, with an unobtrusive print, as well as sets with pocket squares.
Burton Menswear London ties are sleek and perfect for a basic wardrobe for a business and formal man.
The average price is from 800 rubles.
- Low price;
- Ties for any basic look;
- High quality.
- A relatively small selection of models.
Stenser clothing brand closes the rating. There are few ties in the line, but they are universal, suitable for negotiations, everyday wear, going to a club or to an official event. The peculiarity of the brand is the use of unusual fabrics for sewing some models with color graduations, overflows of shades. Synthetic-based materials resemble silk in appearance and touch.
The average price is 600 rubles.
- Low price;
- Silk imitation with practical fabrics;
- Unusual tie colors.
- Small choice.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.