Ice cream is a favorite treat from childhood. Modern manufacturers offer a huge assortment of this delicious dessert for every taste, but it is really difficult to find a real ice cream without preservatives: manufacturers often replace dairy products with vegetable products, and berries and fruit fillings with flavors. For those who believe that ‘it was better and tastier before’, there is a solution – a personal household ice cream maker. She will prepare her favorite delicacy to her taste from the products that are in the kitchen. The device opens up possibilities for imagination and expansion of taste experiences.
Ice cream makers can be divided into 2 groups: manual (mechanical) and semi-automatic / automatic. The first ones are not popular nowadays, because in order to cook a portion of dessert in them, you need to intensively rotate the mechanism handle for more than half an hour. Automatic devices are in demand today. The experts carefully studied consumer demand for ice cream makers and ranked the top 5 models in the categories of low-cost and premium devices.
- Rating of the best ice cream makers
- The best premium automatic ice cream makers
- NEMOX TALENT GELATO&SORBET
- BORK E801
- Best inexpensive ice cream makers
- NEMOX DOLCE VITA 1.5
- Clatronic ICM 3650
- Steba IC20
- Criteria for choosing an ice cream maker
Rating of the best ice cream makers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best premium automatic ice cream makers||1||NEMOX TALENT GELATO&SORBET||RUB 35,000|
|2||BORK E801||RUB 35,300|
|Best inexpensive ice cream makers||1||NEMOX DOLCE VITA 1.5||RUB 7,200|
|2||Clatronic ICM 3650||RUB 3,279|
|3||Steba IC20||RUB 3,861|
The best premium automatic ice cream makers
Premium devices are fully automatic. With their help, you can prepare many types of ice cream and sorbets with an ideal consistency from natural products.
NEMOX TALENT GELATO&SORBET
The first model in the ranking from the Italian brand NEMOX TALENT GELATO&SORBET. Its owners can enjoy not only ordinary ice cream, but also delicious Italian gelato, all kinds of fruit sorbets, healthy yoghurt ice cream, and granite desserts of various tastes.
For ease of use, the manufacturer has equipped the ice cream maker with two containers for preparation – a non-removable one for kneading a dessert at a time and a portable bucket in which you can store the whipped frozen delicacy. By the way, it can be prepared up to 1.4 kg or 900 ml at a time in just 25 … 30 minutes, which is enough to treat a company of up to 10 people.
The double system of rotation of the blades and cooling of the container allows you to get ice cream of a perfectly even consistency without ice lumps. An interesting feature is the automatic regulation of the whipping speed with the addition of new ingredients. The disadvantages include the need for long-term freezing of the bowl in the freezer – up to 18 hours at a temperature of -180C.
- Reliable compressor;
- Perfect consistency of the finished product;
- Short cooking time up to 30 minutes
- Book of recipes;
- 2 large bowls for whipping, 1.5 liters each;
- Extended manufacturer’s warranty 2 years;
- Moderate power consumption of 150 watts.
- High price from 35,000 rubles;
- Long-term freezing of the bowl in the freezer.
The second place in the rating was awarded to the BORK E801 ice cream maker. The device allows you to prepare 4 types of frozen desserts (ice cream, yoghurt, gelato and any sorbets) on average in one hour.
The ice cream maker automatically prepares the bowl, after which you can load the kneading products. The advantage of the model is the ability to preserve the prepared dessert for 3 hours.
The set includes a single bowl with a volume of 1350 ml, it is enough to prepare 1 kg of delicacies.
Users note the attractive appearance of the metal case, as well as the intuitive control interface with a display, in addition, a competent instruction helps to navigate.
- Cooking several types of ice cream;
- Capacious glass for ice cream with a volume of 1,350 ml.
- Spatula for emptying the container included;
- Keeping ice cream up to 3 hours;
- High price – from 35 800 rubles.
Best inexpensive ice cream makers
Inexpensive ice cream makers combine a basic set of functions – making 1-2 types of ice cream in small quantities. They are in high demand due to the relatively low price and optimal quality indicators of the finished product.
NEMOX DOLCE VITA 1.5
The first in the ranking of inexpensive ice cream makers again from the Italian brand NEMOX, the compact model DOLCE VITA 1.5. This is a unique device that can be used both as a device for preparing desserts, and as a container for lowering the temperature of drinks in bottles, which is possible thanks to the automatic cooling system of the container.
The exterior of the ice cream maker is another of its advantages. The body is made in black or more expensive chrome version with a glossy, almost mirrored surface. The device can be used to serve and present the prepared dessert. Moreover, it is not difficult to carry it – the total weight of the unit does not exceed 2.8 kg.
The device is suitable for 30 … 40-minute kneading of fillings and sorbets with a total volume of up to 1400 ml or 900 g – an optimal portion for a company of up to 10 people. The rotation of the blades is stable and even, the delicacy is obtained with a delicate consistency, completely without ice lumps.
- Aesthetic exterior of the device in black and chrome;
- The optimal price is 8,000 rubles;
- Collection of recipes included;
- Large 1.5 liter bowl for cooking 900 gr. goodies;
- Two-year manufacturer’s warranty (Italy);
- Functions for making ice cream and cooling bottles;
- The bowl must be frozen for 16-18 hours at a temperature of -180C;
- The glossy body is easily soiled, but can be easily cleaned with a napkin.
Clatronic ICM 3650
The second place in the rating of inexpensive ice cream makers is received by the model of the German brand Clatronic ICM 3650. This device involves the preparation of two portions of ice cream at the same time, 250 g each. in two containers of 0.5 liters. They must be frozen before use.
The control of the ice cream maker is extremely simple: food is put into the bowls, by turning the switch, a timer is set up to 45 minutes (in fact, 15-30 minutes is enough), during this time the blades are actively mixing the ingredients. There are no buttons or screens.
A unique feature and advantage of the machine is the ability to prepare two different types of ice cream at the same time. In addition, the Clatronic ICM 3650 model has the lowest price in the rating – about 3400 rubles, which makes it possible to purchase it for almost everyone.
- Two half-liter containers with double walls, accumulating cold;
- Low price from 3400 rubles;
- Rubberized feet for stability of the unit;
- Convenient mechanical control;
- Short kneading time – 15-30 minutes;
- Simultaneous preparation of two types of ice cream;
- Handles on cups;
- Fully plastic body.
The ice cream maker from the German brand Korean assembly Steba IC20 closes the rating. This solid device with an ergonomic, but capacious 1.5 liter bowl is suitable for preparing a portion of dessert weighing up to 900 grams in just 30 minutes – the time is set by a mechanical timer. The container is completed with two lids: a transparent one for adding products when kneading ice cream and an additional one, thanks to which the delicacy can be stored in the freezer. A spoon for forming balls allows you to beautifully serve dessert before serving.
The advantage of the ice cream maker is a completely collapsible design, which is easy to care for. In addition, despite the Korean assembly, users have no complaints about the quality of the device. Steba IC20 gets the third place among budget ice cream makers because of the most modest functionality, while not the lowest price – from 5000 rubles.
- Capacious bowl with a volume of 1.5 liters;
- Fully collapsible design;
- Compact body with a low weight of only 2.9 kg;
- Lid for storage and spoon for balls included;
- Short cooking time for dessert;
- Good quality plastic;
- Minimum 1 year warranty.
Criteria for choosing an ice cream maker
If you are faced with choosing an ice cream maker, we recommend relying on 2 factors: price and functionality.
- Expensive compressor models such as BORK E801 are ready for use at any time – they even cool the bowl on their own. Those in which the bowl must first be frozen are also good – you can make any kind of ice cream in large quantities according to your mood. It is a reliable tool for festive events and unexpected guest visits.
- Budget ice cream makers are inferior to expensive ones, mainly in functionality – they are designed for the preparation of 1-2 types of dessert, and in a short time. Their control is mostly mechanical, but extremely clear. Inexpensive models do not have the function of keeping the temperature; they are intended mainly for one-time use.